Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

makisupacurtain

Hey there, I am interested in getting the new v2.5 omicron, but I have a few questions for y'all before I pull the trigger. I want the black v2.5, but I see that it is only available by getting the v2 and the upgrade. I asked the people at PV if they had any v2.5 black upgrades and they said they are not selling them since they did not function properly. However, they said that the colored v2.5 work fine. Just wondering before I buy the teal or red, cause I would prefer black, thanks.

makisupacurtain,

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
Hey there, I am interested in getting the new v2.5 omicron, but I have a few questions for y'all before I pull the trigger. I want the black v2.5, but I see that it is only available by getting the v2 and the upgrade. I asked the people at PV if they had any v2.5 black upgrades and they said they are not selling them since they did not function properly. However, they said that the colored v2.5 work fine. Just wondering before I buy the teal or red, cause I would prefer black, thanks.
Get the V2.5 no matter what. Even if you cant get black. the made it much much better! My original died in 2 weeks, the V2.5, you can tell right when you screw it on that its a way better piece. And remember its the piece that counts.

Evry1concentrate,

funkin

Yo, I haven't posted here for a bit but I have a question that I thought some of you might be able to help with..

I'm getting my friend a v2 Chrome Omicron for his birthday, and I was thinking about getting it personalized somehow. I'm leaning towards getting it engraved. Is it safe to engrave an Omicron v2 without breaking it? And if so, does anyone in San Francisco know a good place for something like this?

And if any of you happen to think of a more interesting way to personalize this piece, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Yo, I haven't posted here for a bit but I have a question that I thought some of you might be able to help with..

I'm getting my friend a v2 Chrome Omicron for his birthday, and I was thinking about getting it personalized somehow. I'm leaning towards getting it engraved. Is it safe to engrave an Omicron v2 without breaking it? And if so, does anyone in San Francisco know a good place for something like this?

And if any of you happen to think of a more interesting way to personalize this piece, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

You can get it engraved i dont there should be in issue. As long as the engraver is a professional.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: funkin
Hey THC Scientific, I opened a ticket on the website. Ordered a new v2 from Planetvape and have a leaky 2.4 cart and one that is broken. I am not too far from you, so let me know what I need to do. I have ISO washed then, expecting you will want them back. How can I tell if these were part of the ones that were defective?

Please help if you can. I am relaying on the Omi to help me medicate safely throughout the day since I use it for asthma and anxiety disorders. Thanks! Lisa

singingcrow,

OF

I don't think there were any defective carts. They are not warrantied either.

I think TRM nailed it both times, sorry to say. I recall no mass 'defective carts' issues. And while I did get a cart replaced once (it was a prefilled one that actually didn't have one of the two heaters ever installed!!) it was 'replaced' (I actually got credit which I turned into drugs on the spot) they are specifically not guaranteed. If you go check the PV site you'll note this. They say they're selling you a box of five at the 'price for four', the extra being exactly for this reason (the rare one might be defective). As you know, bad carts are actually pretty rare.

More over, a leaking cart is not really considered defective. It happens a lot, which is, of course, what is driving all the efforts THC is going through trying to make a leakproof cart. Folks have noticed some leak long ago. This is almost always due to the concentrate used or bad heat control in loading.

As consumers we've agreed to assume the risk for a bad cart (if indeed the leaker was that way to start) and assume responsibility for what we put in it and how.

I'm sorry to advise, but I 'don't think you have a case' here. Not that THC or PV might put on their well known white hats and send you replacements, but I don't think it's a warranty issue requiring return. Otherwise THC has a storefront now I think, I'm sure if you went by they'd be happy to sell you a few of the very best carts they know (FWIW).

The key, I think, has to be to get up and running again. Even if it costs you a bit of money for a few carts it will get you in a position to medicate as needed. As you know, the system is a sterling performer in that area, IMO well worth the effort.

Good luck.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I think TRM nailed it both times, sorry to say. I recall no mass 'defective carts' issues. And while I did get a cart replaced once (it was a prefilled one that actually didn't have one of the two heaters ever installed!!) it was 'replaced' (I actually got credit which I turned into drugs on the spot) they are specifically not guaranteed. If you go check the PV site you'll note this. They say they're selling you a box of five at the 'price for four', the extra being exactly for this reason (the rare one might be defective). As you know, bad carts are actually pretty rare.

More over, a leaking cart is not really considered defective. It happens a lot, which is, of course, what is driving all the efforts THC is going through trying to make a leakproof cart. Folks have noticed some leak long ago. This is almost always due to the concentrate used or bad heat control in loading.

As consumers we've agreed to assume the risk for a bad cart (if indeed the leaker was that way to start) and assume responsibility for what we put in it and how.

I'm sorry to advise, but I 'don't think you have a case' here. Not that THC or PV might put on their well known white hats and send you replacements, but I don't think it's a warranty issue requiring return. Otherwise THC has a storefront now I think, I'm sure if you went by they'd be happy to sell you a few of the very best carts they know (FWIW).

The key, I think, has to be to get up and running again. Even if it costs you a bit of money for a few carts it will get you in a position to medicate as needed. As you know, the system is a sterling performer in that area, IMO well worth the effort.

Good luck.

OF
nail?.....meet hammer! square on point as always. the price we pay....

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

nail?.....meet hammer! square on point as always. the price we pay....

Oh, yeah. That's right. The hammer is the one that looks like a nail. And the nail looks like a hammer, minus the handle, right? Who says this stuff is confusing?

Maybe we should start calling Dispensaries "Abortion Clinics" so the Feds would stop trying to shut them down?

OF

makisupacurtain

Hey, so whats the deal with the v2.5 black upgrade, I was told by PV that they are not working correctly and that is why they do not have them for sale. I see that delta9 has them on their site. Should I buy the upgrade or just go for a v2.5 colored kit, thanks.

makisupacurtain,

MONT

Hey, so whats the deal with the v2.5 black upgrade, I was told by PV that they are not working correctly and that is why they do not have them for sale. I see that delta9 has them on their site. Should I buy the upgrade or just go for a v2.5 colored kit, thanks.

I think you should get which ever you like. The matte black v2.5 top works fine. (I just got one last week) It is really up to you as to what color you want? ALL of D9's products are backed by warranty and you have G here if need be. You really cant go wrong.. just decide for yourself you WILL be happy.

MONT,

OF

First off, I'm with Mont. If you want a colored unit, fine, but if you have a black V2 (which is what it sounds like) and want to upgrade, go for it. I have two V2.5 heads, they work as advertised, you'll like them I'm sure.

I think part of the confusion may be that PV doesn't sell the upgrade (least ways I can find), and they show the complete black V2.5 as 'out of stock' (but we'd assume available when stock returns?). I have to wonder if it's not tied up in the HVD upgrade mix up?

Anyway, V2.5 heads are ten bucks from the maker. I ordered mine from THC directly and recommend that.
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-V2.5-Top-upgrade-Matte-Black

OF

OF,
Reactions: MONT

makisupacurtain

I do have anything yet, Im making my initial purchase. I want to buy from PV because they offer 2 free carts with purchase. I talked to their customer service rep, who stated that they had the black upgrade, but that it was not screwing on properly so they stopped selling them for now. Ideally I want a black 2.5, but I am willing to get a color one if they work better.

makisupacurtain,

MONT

I do have anything yet, Im making my initial purchase. I want to buy from PV because they offer 2 free carts with purchase. I talked to their customer service rep, who stated that they had the black upgrade, but that it was not screwing on properly so they stopped selling them for now. Ideally I want a black 2.5, but I am willing to get a color one if they work better.

As OF mentioned it sounds like PV may be confusing the HVD rework with the v2.5 top selling on D9's site. There was an issue with the release of the HVD upgrade where the top was not screwing on correctly. This is currently being addressed and that is why you can no longer purchase it on D9's site and also why the PV rep told you they no longer have any in stock or to sell.

The HVD upgrade and top are different from the v2.5 top. In short the regular v2 top is a regulated 3.7v top, the v2.5 top is unregulated 3.7/4.2, and the HVD upgrade/top will allow you to use up to 7.4v. Read through the past 30-50 pages or so and you will find all the information you need.

*EDIT: If PV has the matte black v2 get it you should get it and then get the v2.5 head from D9. This is what I would suggest if you are determined to get the matte black OMI with the 2 extra carts. (which might be old carts.. not sure?) Or pick a color? Good luck.. :D

MONT,

jpdnkstr

As OF mentioned it sounds like PV may be confusing the HVD rework with the v2.5 top selling on D9's site. There was an issue with the release of the HVD upgrade where the top was not screwing on correctly. This is currently being addressed and that is why you can no longer purchase it on D9's site and also why the PV rep told you they no longer have any in stock or to sell.

The HVD upgrade and top are different from the v2.5 top. In short the regular v2 top is a regulated 3.7v top, the v2.5 top is unregulated 3.7/4.2, and the HVD upgrade/top will allow you to use up to 7.4v. Read through the past 30-50 pages or so and you will find all the information you need.
Order the v2 black from planet vape to get your free carts, then order v2.5 top from D9! Problem Solved!

The v2.5 is 10 dollars more than the v2 on D9 anyway

jpdnkstr,

OF

They all work the same. You don't want an upgrade if you don't have anything to upgrade with.....

Yes, there was problems with putting black heads on chrome bodies (or was it the other way around?) when guys tried to make 'zebra vapes'. But the V2.5 unit (not upgrade) is simply out of stock:
http://www.planetvape.ca/omicron-v2.5-vaporizer-kit.html

AFAIK it's only one cart with this model, the 'two free' was long ago? Looks to me like you want to pay for an additional spare to get over the $130 free shipping mark?

BTW, I strongly advise you NOT get 1.5 Ohm carts until you learn how to control the standard 2.4s. Then, if you want a bit more steam, consider upgrading the battery to IMR 14500. Going for 'big clouds' with 1.5s before you know what you're doing is a recipe for leaks and burnt oil IMO. IMO there's a good reason they don't ship with 1.5s.....

OF

OF,

makisupacurtain

In short the regular v2 top is a regulated 3.7v top, the v2.5 top is unregulated 3.7/4.2, and the HVD upgrade/top will allow you to use up to 7.4v. Read through the past 30-50 pages or so and you will find all the information you need.

I'm a little confused. I have a lot of experience with flashlights and other battery powered electronics. i would normally prefer a regulated output, as that seams it would give the most consistent vape through the life of the battery. Also, since we are talking IMR batteries, you should be talking safe draw of 10c-20c, which should be more than enough to supply the amperage needed for the regulation.

In this application, which i am new to, what would be the advantage to an unregulated circuit? Is it a matter of durability, longer life on similar cells ,or is it just a matter of getting the 4.2v vape while its available?

I'd appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks.

makisupacurtain,
I'm a little confused. I have a lot of experience with flashlights and other battery powered electronics. i would normally prefer a regulated output, as that seams it would give the most consistent vape through the life of the battery. Also, since we are talking IMR batteries, you should be talking safe draw of 10c-20c, which should be more than enough to supply the amperage needed for the regulation.

In this application, which i am new to, what would be the advantage to an unregulated circuit? Is it a matter of durability, longer life on similar cells ,or is it just a matter of getting the 4.2v vape while its available?

I'd appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks.
There are problems with the regulator used/chosen for the V2 Omicron heads - It wasn't LDO (enough). The circuit works pretty well with a 2.4 Ohm load, but sags significantly under a 1.5 Ohm load. The difference with 2.4 carts is mostly that the new top has "bulletproof" threads for the cartridge socket (and some other enhancements to durability). If you're using 1.5 carts, the 2.5 heads give back about 1/3 of a volt or so (search for posts by OF with measurements for the 2.5 and HVD heads - probably 25 pages back by now :)).

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

i would normally prefer a regulated output, as that seams it would give the most consistent vape through the life of the battery. Also, since we are talking IMR batteries, you should be talking safe draw of 10c-20c, which should be more than enough to supply the amperage needed for the regulation.

I think you're more or less on the right track. Except you have a lot of it backwards if you're actually going to try to apply logic to this. Most of it comes from the push for ever bigger clouds.......

So, yes, lowest voltage drop (automatically no regulation) is the holy grail for many (most?). Therefore IMRs with their lower internal resistance (you speak internal resistance?) have an advantage over other types, at least the high discharge ones (they're not all high discharge....for instance the IMR 16650s that ship with V2 and V2.5).

And FWIW I don't find any real evidence of any electrical difference with V2 and V2.5. With the same battery and load they are within a few dozen mV of each other. If one is regulated, so is the other (and I think they are). HVD is, however, apparently unregulated (and therefore produces higher outputs OC) and lower in loss (higher outputs by about .35 Volts 'across the board against V2 or V2.5). However, the big improvement (also in that same .35 Volt range) comes from changing to the shorter IMR battery (15500) with a longer end cap spring or spacer.

Hey, you asked......

OF

kittyboy

HVD head got me again. I must state do not carry cart on HVD head. I just dropped it in my pocket to run inside and by the time i got to door my pocket was hot. I grabbed it out and sucked on cart and unscrewed and continued to suck air thru. Erl got burned a little but cart not leaking and has a few more hits left.
was the 1.5 cart. Now I got to decide if i should add more oil since I feel once cart gets too hot any new oil will not taste right. What you all think>

Also I got my Persei and want to charge my 2 18350 trust fire small batteries and the large batterie on my new ultra fine charger and assume I can use 300 ma setting as well as 3.7 volt setting. thanks sorry for wrong forum question.

kittyboy,

jpdnkstr

G, Any news on the pink Omi, my anniversary is Thursday(my wife was hoping to have her own Omicron!), and I received shipping info on the 27th, but on the D9 site, it still says awaiting fulfillment?

Sorry to ask shipping or availability questions(I believe I recently condemned it in another thread!) but I tried to call and I believe its after hours, and I thought I might catch you on FC

TIA

jpdnkstr,
Sorry to ask shipping or availability questions(I believe I recently condemned it in another thread!) but I tried to call and I believe its after hours, and I thought I might catch you on FC

TIA
This has been covered elsewhere. Maybe try email or a PM?
Also, for the second time in as many weeks - Please look up "Special Pleading" (and don't be foolish enough to ever try it in traffic court :) ).

-NDA

Nick Again,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The pink Omicrons should be ready to ship out on monday. I will let you guys know end of week with more details. Sorry guys with many projects finishing up, and many products coming into our line up we are having some issues in packaging and getting them ready.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jpdnkstr

The pink Omicrons should be ready to ship out on monday. I will let you guys know end of week with more details. Sorry guys with many projects finishing up, and many products coming into our line up we are having some issues in packaging and getting them ready.
Thanks for the response, this type of customer interaction is one of the many reasons I buy W9 Tech!
This has been covered elsewhere. Maybe try email or a PM?
Also, for the second time in as many weeks - Please look up "Special Pleading" (and don't be foolish enough to ever try it in traffic court :) ).

-NDA
In the Persei thread you harass G about when things are going up on his site.....Don't you think this should be handled elsewhere..such as a PM!

And I thought I was the only arrogant smart ass on FC!

Not trying to be a Dick Again, Nick Again.

I will try to keep all questions USE related from here on out, for everyone scanning this thread! I remember when I was learning the Omi carts, and reading this thread changed the game for me, but it was a PITA reading irrelavant posts...such as these. THE END

mod note- Respectful posting only please. Take the PM advice yourself.

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: MONT
Top Bottom