Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey G, you guys made the WeedNerd at CC!

Right before the 29:00 mark. Looks like the Cali Corner was the place to be....freaking crowded.

You guys coming up for the Seattle CC?

-Z

Thanks for posting that, i see someone caught some members from the board in their. I aint saying whos who but you know who you are.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Noize23

Right before the 29:00 mark. Looks like the Cali Corner was the place to be....freaking crowded.

-Z

hi guys, who knows the name of the song that starts at 6:00 minutes? I´m searching this song. please help me :)

Noize23,

bigsnack

Anyone one try their Omicron(pref the newer models), or Persei with the LV Thermovape Evolution cartridges? Does it work well, or is it a no?

bigsnack,

OF

Anyone one try their Omicron(pref the newer models), or Persei with the LV Thermovape Evolution cartridges? Does it work well, or is it a no?

The current draw is way over the limit for Omicron, and past the current rating on Persei in LV mode. SV Evolution is within ratings for the Persei if you use the special 3.0 Volt batteries (otherwise it will wreck the Evolution with over voltage). The five Amp upgrade to Omicron (when available) will also work if suitable batteries can be found (none known by me).

Those batteries also need a different charger than supplied with Persei. And you'll need a thread adapter.

The TV supplies make the most sense, IMO.

OF

OF,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Wait, so the Omicron v2.0 can't run the LV Evo? What about the HVD top (current version?)

Shit, I only have that and the Alpha Ultralight to run it !?

GReYAReA,
The current draw is way over the limit for Omicron, and past the current rating on Persei in LV mode. SV Evolution is within ratings for the Persei if you use the special 3.0 Volt batteries (otherwise it will wreck the Evolution with over voltage). The five Amp upgrade to Omicron (when available) will also work if suitable batteries can be found (none known by me).

Those batteries also need a different charger than supplied with Persei. And you'll need a thread adapter.

The TV supplies make the most sense, IMO.

OF

Innovapor, who sells the TV line (plus stuff which it seems TV makes, but isn't sold by them), sells a pair of IFR 3.2v 14250s for a bit under $10. It comes to about $7.50 for a pair with the right discount code and not including shipping. Innovapor sells these for the TV Ultra as a SV version for use with the SR AVA atty - TV themselves don't sell the Ultra except as a LV with a 14500., but the switch shouldn't care and a Omicron with the HVD should also be fine with these 3.2v IFR (i.e. LiFePO4) cells.

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

Wait, so the Omicron v2.0 can't run the LV Evo? What about the HVD top (current version?)

No. LV is over twice the maximum current rating on either V2. All 3 actually there are three at present (Original, HVD and V2.5). There's a planned, future, unit rated at 5 Amps, which is closer but still under the six expected. Not appropriate IMO.

Innovapor, who sells the TV line (plus stuff which it seems TV makes, but isn't sold by them), sells a pair of IFR 3.2v 14250s for a bit under $10. It comes to about $7.50 for a pair with the right discount code and not including shipping. Innovapor sells these for the TV Ultra as a SV version for use with the SR AVA atty - TV themselves don't sell the Ultra except as a LV with a 14500., but the switch shouldn't care and a Omicron with the HVD should also be fine with these 3.2v IFR (i.e. LiFePO4) cells.

It's my understanding neither maker approves them for this use. If that happens it may be a solution with merit (subject to internal resistance and so on) for SV, LV is still a non starter (unless you use the TV Ultra supply and an IMR 14500).

Don't forget to order the special charger for them. The factory charger from TV will do it (then again, if you have the Ultra and charger your most likely using LV anyway....), but not the THC unit.

OF

OF,

OF

Lv evo works fine on my persei... never seen the current get too close to 5 amps...

Interesting, I have. I've measured it over five and after 'backing out' the losses in my rig it ran close to six. Fresh battery, of course. Fit's with the 'twenty Watt' nominal power, too.

Perhaps I should dig the stuff out an run it again?

You do know it's a switch issue, right? Or so the man said a bit ago. It works, but.....

OF

OF,

Dgtheonlyg

g will the glass on glass herb camber work with the hvd with hammer?, or is this a only persei project?

Dgtheonlyg,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
g will the glass on glass herb camber work with the hvd with hammer?, or is this a only persei project?

Right now only persei. Maybe in the future we get a version for Omicron but it can only work on pass through system.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THChemist

I've said this before but any way the pass through could be a receptacle that doesn't require one of the battery tubes to use the HVD top?

Already got reports back that using a regulated power supply brought life back to an old cart at 4v a 1.5 ohm cart was drawing 2 amps

THChemist,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I've said this before but any way the pass through could be a receptacle that doesn't require one of the battery tubes to use the HVD top?

As of right now it needs the tube. Still thinking about what its going to use, for now we are trying to get the electronics part down.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Dgtheonlyg

Right now only persei. Maybe in the future we get a version for Omicron but it can only work on pass through system.
that would be so awesome, speaking of pass though how is that going how the v2?, i saw a pic of the voltage box for the persei and that sparked my interest :)

Dgtheonlyg,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
that would be so awesome, speaking of pass though how is that going how the v2?, i saw a pic of the voltage box for the persei and that sparked my interest :)

Same voltage box just different insert for the v2. Once the control unit is done the inserts are not a problem.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok guys just got off the phone with attorney and upper level management ( my brain does work sometimes ) and i am sorry but for anyone who wants the updated HVD tops we need your old HVD tops sent back and we will ship out the updated ones once we get them. We can not allow anyone to keep the old tops as this may cause issues.

Once again please forgive me but we will need them back once we announce new hvd tops.

Please do not ship u anything yet, or contact support about it. Wait for our announcement when we will have the updated tops.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

-Z

it was crowded.... Thanks for the video.... I even spotted myself

G: I'm even more confused now than I was earlier today.

ru_frothi,
ok guys just got off the phone with attorney and upper level management ( my brain does work sometimes ) and i am sorry but for anyone who wants the updated HVD tops we need your old HVD tops sent back and we will ship out the updated ones once we get them. We can not allow anyone to keep the old tops as this may cause issues.

Once again please forgive me but we will need them back once we announce new hvd tops.

Please do not ship u anything yet, or contact support about it. Wait for our announcement when we will have the updated tops.
It make sense that especially lawyers don't want any fire hazards out there.

Any guesses about a time frame yet?

-NDA

Nick Again,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Standing by to hear about the exchange G. I did order an updated V2.5 top that should be here in a few daze, so that will work for now. Also waiting to hear from PV about the purple V2. Might be next week...

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Standing by to hear about the exchange G. I did order an updated V2.5 top that should be here in a few daze, so that will work for now. Also waiting to hear from PV about the purple V2. Might be next week...

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom