Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

So if there are momentary tops coming, I am def. in line for one, save the press on/off for when it's needed.

Hey, no need to wait, they're here....I'm using mine. V2.5, ten bucks! What's more it's got the mechanical upgrades but is the shorter (original) size, I guess because it lacks a circuit board?

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-V2.5-Top-upgrade-Matte-Black

You know you want to order one.....and maybe a spare or two of those little 15250s? They're up there too now.

OF

OF,
Reactions: GR

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, and I've been sleeping a lot for the last 2 daze :zzz: got my v 2.5 top ordered and a spare 14250 battery.

jambandphan03,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys we are not able to make a switch that can do click on click off and momentary.

We are trying to achieve this solution in one and only way we can without changing the whole design of the top.

If pressed more then 5 seconds it will turn off when you let go, if pressed less then 3 seconds it will stay on, also, when dropped in 7.4v it will shut off and wont turn on until you do the 5 clicks cycle.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sounds like if you want a quick tap with the HVD, you will have to use the double click method even with the improved design. I think what the momentary does for HV is allow a quick tap on/off for a sec or two to happen so you don't fry your cart by running it too long on HV. Seems like it should be the other way around G, hold it on for 5 sec, and it stays on, tap it, and it stays momentary...

jambandphan03,

OF

sounds like if you want a quick tap with the HVD, you will have to use the double click method even with the improved design. I think what the momentary does for HV is allow a quick tap on/off for a sec or two to happen so you don't fry your cart by running it too long on HV. Seems like it should be the other way around G, hold it on for 5 sec, and it stays on, tap it, and it stays momentary...

Straight people are not good judges of time, stoned one's don't improve that any. No matter how you slice it, guy used to momentary operation is going to get a surprise sooner or later.

I think the only realistic solution is two models. V2.5 gives us correction for weak mechanicals and the power loss from the regulator. An upgrade to higher voltage (to allow 7.4 Volts) and higher current would be welcome of course. A separate model with on/off function should keep accidents and surprises under better control? Drop shut off protection is only needed on the latter, I think?

OF

OF,

SD_haze

Has anyone had any issues with the button "sticking" on the HVD top?

It wasn't very noticeable when I first got it but its gotten stickier and stickier. Now, If I press the top half of the button it clicks on with no problems, but clicking the lower half of the button gets the button stuck depressed in, and it takes 1-3 presses to get it un-stuck again.

SD_haze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

If we did it this way, then other people will complain about the cut off being to short.

Hmm let me finish the prototype see whats going on and more info will be given when we have it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

It wasn't very noticeable when I first got it but its gotten stickier and stickier. Now, If I press the top half of the button it clicks on with no problems, but clicking the lower half of the button gets the button stuck depressed in, and it takes 1-3 presses to get it un-stuck again.

for issues on the button please contact support we will handle it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools

My hvd top will come on with one push of the button, but try and turn it off, sometimes two or there times will turn it off

Soflo,

MaxVapor

The Professor
While this is off topic in general it is related to a conversation earlier about wether holding hits produces more effect. I finally came across some decent information here:

http://www.drugscience.org/Petition/C2D.html

The relevant passage seems to be:

A study by Azorlosa's team in 1995 addressed the effects of puff volume and breathhold duration on plasma levels. Changes in puff volume produced significant dose-related changes in plasma, carbon monoxide, and subjective effects whereas changes in breathhold duration changed plasma levels but neither carbon monoxide nor subjective effects. (50) The increases in plasma THC levels from breathholding are not statistically significant except at the lowest and highest doses.
"Thus, the plasma THC data suggest that the stereotypic behavior of marijuana smoking is useful for maximizing absorption; however, our study suggests there are diminishing returns with longer breathhold durations."(51)

So it seems that bigger hits has the most impact, and holding longer will provide a slight, but not significant increase in effect.

MaxVapor,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Anybody else still waiting for their bottom cap for the Ominicron? It's sucks having this thing for 2 weeks already and not being able to use it!!

Authentic,

OF

Anybody else still waiting for their bottom cap for the Ominicron? It's sucks having this thing for 2 weeks already and not being able to use it!!

Please refresh my memory, why is it you can't use it without?

TIA

OF

OF,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

Please refresh my memory, why is it you can't use it without?

TIA

OF

I'm with OF on this one. You should be able to use it just fine as it is. The new cap only solved the problem of allowing you to have two units at the same time and the sensitive bumping reset.

kindbeats,
Reactions: Jay420

Jay420

You should be able to use it fine, walking around with all day in your pocket my be another story.

Jay420,

beEasy

If he got the HVD upgrade without a V2, then he is still missing the V2 cap so he can't use it at all. I think that's what he's getting at. I could be wrong though..

Authentic

Persei abuser
I can't use it because they did not include the small cap. The listing included the cap for 3.7v but that was not included in the package. I've noticed they have removed that from the product listing on the site.

@beEasy
True. I'm not a V2 owner.

My apologies if my post sounds bitchy. I'm just a fan of W9Tech products and am anxious to use the latest one.

Authentic,

OF

I can't use it because they did not include the small cap. The listing included the cap for 3.7v but that was not included in the package. I've noticed they have removed that from the product listing on the site.

@beEasy
True. I'm not a V2 owner.

My apologies if my post sounds bitchy. I'm just a fan of W9Tech products and am anxious to use the latest one.

OK, thanks, I only recall one such case of this. The other was a fellow that wanted to make two separate units and use them both at the same time....there could be a better way for him.

I see it both ways I guess, it was an upgrade, which to me means an improvement on something I've already bought or am currently paying for. It wasn't a 'mini V2 with some parts'. Some, it seems, didn't take it that way (but I can see how it blindsided THC). G fell back and regrouped in usual fashion.

In your case, Pam had the same issue (no regular V2 yet....) and is I think the whole reason the short caps are going out. She got hers fairly quickly. The whole crew took it on the road at the end of the week for 'the Cup' and are just now getting back. Did you send a PM to G before the deadline? Was it confirmed here? You might consider giving them a call.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Authentic

Persei abuser
OK, thanks, I only recall one such case of this. The other was a fellow that wanted to make two separate units and use them both at the same time....there could be a better way for him.

I see it both ways I guess, it was an upgrade, which to me means an improvement on something I've already bought or am currently paying for. It wasn't a 'mini V2 with some parts'. Some, it seems, didn't take it that way (but I can see how it blindsided THC). G fell back and regrouped in usual fashion.

In your case, Pam had the same issue (no regular V2 yet....) and is I think the whole reason the short caps are going out. She got hers fairly quickly. The whole crew took it on the road at the end of the week for 'the Cup' and are just now getting back. Did you send a PM to G before the deadline? Was it confirmed here? You might consider giving them a call.

Good luck.

OF

Yeah I gave them a call today. They said that it was shipped out last week. But I only live 20 miles away from Van Nuys so I should have received it by now. I fear it's lost but they told me to wait until Monday before calling back. Unfortunately, they are not tracking the shipments.

I did kinda what you did which is I placed an order on Thursday the same day G said he was going to send them out. You received your cap with your recent order but I had no such luck. My order arrived cap-less.

Authentic,

OF

Yeah I gave them a call today. They said that it was shipped out last week. But I only live 20 miles away from Van Nuys so I should have received it by now. I fear it's lost but they told me to wait until Monday before calling back. Unfortunately, they are not tracking the shipments.

I did kinda what you did which is I placed an order on Thursday the same day G said he was going to send them out. You received your cap with your recent order but I had no such luck. My order arrived cap-less.

That fits with my understanding as well. Lots of hand addressed packages with stamps, I suspect in order to get them out ASAP. Not the normal system.

I'm not sure how your PO works down there, but the one up here can easily get a package lost in 20 miles. They do it all the time. I have had them loose packages inside the building, a week or two back in fact. I know waiting is hard, but I'm also sure it will be sorted out.

Did you include the request for the cap with your order (as I did)? If not, I can understand them not putting the two together as I'm sure you do?

OF

OF,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Hey G, you guys made the WeedNerd at CC!

Right before the 29:00 mark. Looks like the Cali Corner was the place to be....freaking crowded.

You guys coming up for the Seattle CC?

-Z

Zingbuddah,

Dgtheonlyg

Yeah when I try it it sounds like there is some evil witch in there cackling and hissing at me...

The new 5 ohm cart is priming like it was nothing, hopefully I just got a bad 1.5, it would be nice to have a working high performance cart for mini mode as well...
speaking of new 5 ohm carts i went to sj patients i got some wax and they didn't have carts so i went to nor cal care they had some 5.0's. These 5.0s prime faster and hit harder than the last 5.0s i had :) (bought on 18th) and still like always no leaks or clogs!

Top Bottom