Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

yep these 14500's using the spring cap/HVD/longtube, and the Dart is work horse.

Yep, that it is all right. It's within .1 Volt of the TV Ultra with the same battery, pretty hard to beat IMO.

Just be careful not to leave in running (yes, I did....). The V 2.5 is basically the same thing in momentary for LV use. Either way, I think the AW IMR 14500 is 'the hot ticket'.

OF

tharealmclovin

Does anyone know if those 14500's come in anything more than 600mah??? I go through the 14650 so quick @ 1000mah that I bought 14650's @ 1600 mah.

If not I can just buy like 4 batteries.

Also just tried my first 5 Ohm @ 7.4 on my HVD. First hit was amazing, but now it wont heat up. Guess I didn't let the wick so enough before I ripped it. Just an FYI for all you first time 5 ohmers

tharealmclovin,

ilovedoobies!

DOES ANY ONE KNOW how much 10grams of green will get me in oil ?!?! I wanna buy a 10 gram oil extractor and im wondering =D

ilovedoobies!,

GR

Putting the battery in backwards is a threat to the electronics not the battery. The unit is protected, put the batter in backwards and nothing happens....no flashing lights (that takes power and the only power source is backwards....). My guess is the battery is too discharged to 'trip' the charger (it doesn't recognize the battery and start the cycle). Leave it in for a while, there's a trickle charge function that should bring it slowly up in voltage high enough to get recognized, flip the light, and start charging normally.

I agree with most of your testing. Try the AW IMR 14500 instead of the 14650 in the long tube (use the long cap) and you'll find it tops them all (better than the 14650 by a long way), it will beat the mini. I think you should recheck the HVD (which I find identical to V 2.5) and V1. In my testing the V1 was a push against the original V2 which as you found is handily beat. The V 2.5 with 14500 is half a volt stronger, a HUGE advantage. Without measuring it, the difference is much easier to 'see' with 1.5 Ohm carts than 2.4s

OF

The battery was new, had charged it and during my tests with the unit put this fresh one in backwards, now it just makes the charger light green even after an hour plus on it on multiple tries and won't light up the lights on the Omni. Seems like I fried it. Bummer but it still leaves me 3 14250s to play with.

Ok so when it came time to test the HVD against the V2.5 I had been at it for over an hour, I admit testing was less then perfect at this point. I will go for a v2.5 against the HVD with a fresh 1.5 cart in a short while. Where I noticed a big difference last night with the V2.5, HVD, and V1 was with an older 1.5 cart that has become difficult with clogs at the beginning and seems slow to wick, the 2.5 does not do a good job with this cart but the HVD and V1 get it up on running in no time.

I saw your post about the 14500s earlier and they are on my to do list. Question(s). The 14500s need a different charger? The 14500 need the spacer that the 14250s use?

GR,

OF

The battery was new, had charged it and during my tests with the unit put this fresh one in backwards, now it just makes the charger light green even after an hour plus on it on multiple tries and won't light up the lights on the Omni. Seems like I fried it. Bummer but it still leaves me 3 14250s to play with.

I saw your post about the 14500s earlier and they are on my to do list. Question(s). The 14500s need a different charger? The 14500 need the spacer that the 14250s use?

Sounds dead to me. I'm nearly positive it's not the unit that killed it, in a slugging match even than little IMR will win every time which is why the electronics is protected.

No special charger needed. They're twice as long as the 250s. Since the factory V2 charger is the same as THC uses for the Persei which can have 350s there's no need of the spacers (350s to 650s seem to work fine). I've done it, but generally use my WF-188 as it has individual channels and more options.

OF

OF,

GR

Sounds dead to me. I'm nearly positive it's not the unit that killed it, in a slugging match even than little IMR will win every time which is why the electronics is protected.

No special charger needed. They're twice as long as the 250s. Since the factory V2 charger is the same as THC uses for the Persei which can have 350s there's no need of the spacers (350s to 650s seem to work fine). I've done it, but generally use my WF-188 as it has individual channels and more options.

OF

Yeah it might of been DOA, I put both batts in the charger and pulled them off when light went green again.

What about a spacer in the long tube, does the 14500 need one?

Further testing and I now feel the HVD and V2.5 are about the same. I use the V1 as a bench mark, a full 10 sec hit (push until shut off) will make me cough pretty hard, the HVD nor the V2.5 when using a timer can make me cough in 10sec but will in under 15sec. Pretty advanced testing eh? The 14250s and the 14650s still do a nice job at getting big vape even though it takes a little longer, sometimes this is perfect for me since at times the V1 with a 1.5,can be a bit much to quick.

GR,

OF

Further testing and I now feel the HVD and V2.5 are about the same. I use the V1 as a bench mark, a full 10 sec hit (push until shut off) will make me cough pretty hard, the HVD nor the V2.5 when using a timer can make me cough in 10sec but will in under 15sec. Pretty advanced testing eh? The 14250s and the 14650s still do a nice job at getting big vape even though it takes a little longer, sometimes this is perfect for me since at times the V1 with a 1.5,can be a bit much to quick.

I like your testing scheme. It might not translate well to others, but for the only important person involved it's clearly optimized for effect. Hard to find a better goal, even if you can't call it a standard...

I agree, I find (and measure) V 2.5 and HVD as being on par. V 2.0 is the stand out weakling.

The spacer issue has been expertly answered by our fellow member above.

I agree with being nice to change performance levels, I often will use a favorite (of the moment) cart on a VV head for that very reason.

"It's all good" as a friend is fond of saying.

Thanks for the update.

OF

OF,

GR

using the long HVD end cap (with the spring), the 14500, and the long tube requires no spacers.

Thank you, 14500s will be picked up. Is there a solution for those out there that don't have the HVD yet? Who knows when the updated HVD heads will be available and some may never care to get that unit but running the 14500 batteries may still interest them?

GR,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I believe a 15 mm spacer, inserted bottom first then battery, then cap will work. I had results with using two spacers, and the regular bottom cap, but they were included in my HVD package so that doesn't help you. I'm sure OF will chime in with something that might work, and I most likely need to be corrected on the mm size of that spacer. Good luck

kushcabbage,

GR

I believe a 15 mm spacer, inserted bottom first then battery, then cap will work. I had results with using two spacers, and the regular bottom cap, but they were included in my HVD package so that doesn't help you. I'm sure OF will chime in with something that might work, and I most likely need to be corrected on the mm size of that spacer. Good luck

I do have the HVD so I am good. I forgot the spacers came with the HVD though. Well that settles it, everyone should buy the HVD, you get a mini, the ability to run 7.4 v, plus the option to use 14500s.

I am really digging the mini setup, the stealth factor is really nice but it is also so convent in size and not taking up room in a pocket. The slight performance factor is a plus as well.

OF

Length is right, placement is WRONG!! Don't do it with the spacer on the top of the battery, it provides a direct short across the battery should the insulation of the wall of the tube fail (out the minus, through the cap up the tube, through the spacer to the plus), very bad karma indeed given the power potential here, melting and venting would I think be the result. Perhaps worse. Put the spacer where the longer cap should be for sure. Better still is to get the proper cap if THC will sell them?

The included spacers are way too short when I tried them. A stack of washers between them could fix this, but as you said, if you have the spacers you also have the long cap. Somebody sells 15mm spacers, I just don't recall who. Anyone know?

Edit: Found the spacer, Lighthound, two bucks, good place for the battery as well.....
http://www.lighthound.com/15mm-Charging-Spacer-Aluminum_p_25.html

OF

ilovedoobies!

Got my v2.5 top for the HDV mini tube... working good so far! Threading is good, 5 tap on/off feature is working. Momentary switch doing what it should. Also got an extra 14250 battery which is charging now. :D
What is the difference from the hvd top and v2.5 !??! Just wondering

ilovedoobies!,

OF

Got my v2.5 top for the HDV mini tube... working good so far! Threading is good, 5 tap on/off feature is working. Momentary switch doing what it should. Also got an extra 14250 battery which is charging now. :D

Thanks for the heads up, Jam. If we don't hear from you for a while, now we know why.

Enjoy it, I am.....

What is the difference from the hvd top and v2.5 !??! Just wondering

HVD will go to 7.4 Volts (hence the High Voltage part.....) but is 'click on, click off' and has some reset issues from features added for use with the nail Hammer cart. It could, potentially, turn itself on when not expected is the concern of some of us.

V 2.5 is the 'perfected' version of the original momentary unit, with the regulator removed, button lock out and improved mechanicals. It's major advantage is higher output power than V 2.0, on par with the power from HVD with the same battery. V2.5 is also a bit shorter than HVD.

OF

OF,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
HVD will go to 7.4 Volts (hence the High Voltage part.....) but is 'click on, click off' and has some reset issues from features added for use with the nail cart. It could, potentially, turn itself on when not expected is the concern of some of us.
OF

I believe the features were added for use with the Hammer, not the nail cart.

kindbeats,
Top Bottom