Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

SD_haze said:
I hadn't even filled it up, it does glow so it is working, I just didnt want to fill it in case it was malfunctioning.
I guess the smell is just the "heater smell", I will admit I'm pretty sensitive to smells.

Wow, stop. DON'T DO THAT (run it dry). No less a sage than THC his own self has told us that will wreck the cart. The only one you have.

My guess is it runs too hot with noting to vaporize or melt? For sure the smell is the heater getting destroyed. For sure it's not normal. A good cart will die eventually in service if you run it enough, why hurry that up? Kind of like sitting in the driveway racing a brand new car engine......only worse?

As far as feeding it goes, while the (pricey) Pure Gold is great, high percentage oils (say over 60% THC) and waxes seem to do quite well.

If it were me, I'd scrap that cart and buy a few fresh ones before I dumped fifty bucks worth of oil or wax into a compromised ten buck cart. Your call, of course, but I'd for sure stop running it dry past a single quick check for light. Good luck.

OF

OF,

SD_haze

OF said:
SD_haze said:
I hadn't even filled it up, it does glow so it is working, I just didnt want to fill it in case it was malfunctioning.
I guess the smell is just the "heater smell", I will admit I'm pretty sensitive to smells.

Wow, stop. DON'T DO THAT (run it dry). No less a sage than THC his own self has told us that will wreck the cart. The only one you have.

My guess is it runs too hot with noting to vaporize or melt? For sure the smell is the heater getting destroyed. For sure it's not normal. A good cart will die eventually in service if you run it enough, why hurry that up? Kind of like sitting in the driveway racing a brand new car engine......only worse?

As far as feeding it goes, while the (pricey) Pure Gold is great, high percentage oils (say over 60% THC) and waxes seem to do quite well.

If it were me, I'd scrap that cart and buy a few fresh ones before I dumped fifty bucks worth of oil or wax into a compromised ten buck cart. Your call, of course, but I'd for sure stop running it dry past a single quick check for light. Good luck.

OF

It says explicitly in the omicron instruction guide to do that :hmm:
(Under the FAQ)

"we recommend to test every cart before use by connecting it to the battery before filling it with extracts. Hold down the power button while looking down the air hole"

SD_haze,

OF

SD_haze said:
It says explicitly in the omicron instruction guide to do that :hmm:
(Under the FAQ)

"we recommend to test every cart before use by connecting it to the battery before filling it with extracts. Hold down the power button while looking down the air hole"

Sure does. Sorry to get long winded (again), but at the end I said "Your call, of course, but I'd for sure stop running it dry past a single quick check for light."

Running it dry long enough to start enjoying the smell is to be avoided IMO.

Otherwise, advise for fill remains the same. With the new tool it should be a snap with some of the high end oils/waxes that should be available locally given any sort of luck.

It's way more fun with oil in it. Smells better, too. Good luck.

OF

OF,

SD_haze

It baffles me that the instructions could be so contradictory as to destroy the heater by following exactly what it says. If that really is what happened I think delta9 should definitely make that clear under the DO's and DONT's not to run the heater on an empty cart...

There's nowhere nearby to get a single replacement cart and id rather not blow 50 on a big pack of carts before even trying it :/
I think partly because that's double the price i paid for the vape itself :ko:

SD_haze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys running the cart on empty for long periods of time will reduce life. Checking the cart and doing the initial prime shouldnt harm it.

but then again there is that once in a while dee dee dee cartridge, that just decides to say fuck im playing dead.

So please don not miss understand me.

You can check for cartridge life, but please do not sit there and check 100 times in 20 minutes.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

AntKiller

Hello everyone, this is my first post (been lerking & learning) so I will introduce myself. I am a retired Marine and have several chronic pain issues. I stopped smoking cigars on 6/26 and have been on the Blu e-cig since and have wondered how I could medicate with the Blu.

Now I have found this JEWEL of a device where I can have my nicotine and medication all in one device, in fact because I have it with me at all times, most people don't know if I am enjoying some nicotine or medicating myself. I literality keep it on my desk right next to the keyboard with extract carts in my pocket and eliquid carts in the kit.

I believe that customer service is not a department or a single act - it is a habit and an attitude which the folks at THC obviously practice with every interaction. While traveling last week I was unable to order the nicotine carts from the site due to some changes being made and I was on my last cart. Gary was very helpful and created a special link for me to make the order. When I returned home the new carts were there waiting on me!

I am so happy with my Omicron and the service, support, and commitment from the company. I am now able to keep myself in the pain-free zone most of the time!

AntKiller,

DubCRider

Welcome to the forum Antkiller!

Posts like this are what keep the company going. Enjoy your new pain free lifestyle!

DubCRider,

nj2thebay

Im getting my omicron in today, and when i searched for what size winton tip to use for filling quickly i found somone stating to use a winton #10 tip so i picked up to. Now that i searching more I see people using #59 AND #53.. Does anyone have any experince with #10 or have any input on how to manipulate to get to fit the cart ? I also wonder what most of you were doing to cover the hole in the middle while filling. Were you using a toothpick, nail or something better LMK. I cant wait to test this device out later today.... I will be reporting back.

nj2thebay,

OF

nj2thebay said:
Does anyone have any experince with #10 or have any input on how to manipulate to get to fit the cart ?

Guilty. I've used to number 10 tip provided by Planet Vape when I bought my units following their instructions under the 'accessories' tab from their web page:
https://www.planetvape.ca/omicron-vaporizer-double-kit.html

I started out as they described, using a wood toothpick (which they also provided) to plug the hole and also support the tip. I later trimmed 1/16 inch (or a bit more) from the tip to make the 'small end' a closer match to the cart then used a punch body to flare the bottom 1/8 inch or so back out to be parallel and a snug fit in the cart. Now it keeps upright on it's own and is quite secure so I clip the toothpick off 1/8 or so above the inner tube to get the stem out of the way. A bit of work, and you have to be comfortable working with the thin stainless steel (it's really pretty soft, easy to cut with small scissors or flush wire cutters (which is what I used)). It's actually easy to flare the neck back out rolling it back and forth on the neck of the punch.

Pure Gold is easiest to load. Due to it's thin nature and the vial it comes in you don't need any tools at all. Snip the very tip of the vial leaving the neck as long as you can (easy to judge with light behind it) and insert the neck into the cart past the bridge. Give it a soft squeeze like a tiny eye dropper then let it sit so the remaining oil drains down in the vial before squeezing again. A few cycles of this gets all the oil cleanly down below the bridge. Heat it a bit (holding the cart at the bottom) to settle the oil and let it sit warm to the touch open end up for a few minutes and go. All 3 of my attempts with this have met instant success, no priming or fiddling needed. Highly recommended as a first filling if you can find it.

Don't forget to keep the doughnut shaped plug out of the cart you're using, but don't take the casual advice to 'throw it away' but keep it to cap the end should you change carts. Without it thin oils like PG will slowly flow out if left other than straight up even when it's not all that hot.

Both my units came with enough charge to run some, but like most products using this class of battery you should fully charge it first. Many makers recommend longer charges (ie 'trickle charging top up') on the first few times for maximum capacity and battery life. IIRC the Atmos unit calls for 8 hour charges the first 3 times. FWIW the charges seem identical, although much of the charging is controlled by the individual battery circuitry.

Anyway, lay in some oil to try, read the instructions on the web page, plan to charge before you use the new batteries very much and you should be good to go. Happy trails ahead.....

OF

Edit: Oh, yeah, another thought on the PG vials from my friendly neighborhood budtender: There's some oil left in the vial you can't get out, eat the vial. He said 'there's several doses there, I'd start with part....'. I'm not so sure about this, but I kept the 3 vials I've loaded so far. Your call.

OF

OF,

DubCRider

I eat them for sure, so spicy and citrusy!!!!

PureGold is by far and away the easiest product to use.

DubCRider,

OF

DubCRider said:
I eat them for sure, so spicy and citrusy!!!!

You've done it and are still alive? Cool. Glad I saved mine. What do you figure a reasonable dose to be?

TIA

OF

(spelling correction edit)

OF,

Keak420

My wife hit the pure gold cart with the tiny white cap on and got it in the air tube argh!! Had 80 bucks worth in my last cart lol. So sad so sad.:(

Keak420,

nj2thebay

@OF
Thanks for the tips ! Whats funny about the pure gold is before it was so easily used in a gel tab, it was horrible to use in a almost toothpicked size glass cylinder lol So thank god for that.

Well I just got it in the mail, Ive gotta keep things short today as im on my last day of vacation but.. first and foremost I would like to thank G and team for the amazing job there doing with there customer service. First The turn around on the trade in deal was some of the quickest ive ever received. I had sent out my one love and they got it 3 days later (from east coast) and sent there"s out same day they received my unit. I got it 3 days later as well. So under a week turn around for a trade in was amazing in my eyes. Not to mention the quick response to all questions I had about shipping and the product.

I also got a fill tool in my order which im thrilled about, I went out last night and got a winton tip and was trying to figure out to how bend it when the doorbell rang.

I tested for light and Im good !
Time for load and fire her up. I will be recording the load and will post a response.

nj2thebay,

DubCRider

It should fit inside the rim of the cart. I wouldn't try to mod it too much or you will be hosed. Email support@thcscientific.com and they will fix the problem or get a customer service rep to come to you.

DubCRider,

nj2thebay

Ok so the fill tool fits perfect. To anyone who may just be getting one, you may have to work it in a bit at first, don't worry it will fit .. you aren't gonna damage the cart.

So it was simple line up the fill tool notches with the cart notches, take ur errl jar put it upside down in the fill tool and then heat as directed. I used a small torch lighter, and I will say the top of the car got pretty hot even tho i didnt hold flame for more than 2-3 seconds in each area i hope that the carts ok.

Now im just letting it sit, and then will try to prime and puff.... ill be arnold peoples stay tuned

nj2thebay,

nj2thebay

WELL
:ko::p:ko:

Just successfully loaded some amazing Brunce Banner Errl into the amazing Omicron. After one small prime I was tasting that og strawberry goodness. I think its amazing that after owning an ivape, and one love. that the first hit off the omicron was better than any hit I have ever taken off of either of those devices mabey even all carts combined lol

@DUBC

The funny thing was as soon as i got that vapor on the first hit and second hit and knew i was getting medicated. I did the same head nod like "yesss this is working" you did in your first test video lol .. aside id like to thank you for contributing alot to the forums and by posting videos on youtube to turn more patients on to a device like this, and G for his genius and having the drive to make this product. I had a patient come in once at the dispensary i worked for in san jo like 2.5 years ago telling me he was working desperately to figure this out because he needed to be incognito, yet medicate to control serious pain and his tolerance called for only concentrates(i hope he found omi), I remember searching and searching till finally giving up, I was excited and then disappointed by ivapor, now me and other patients are blessed with this. Im not sure if people realize this, but the way this dispenses medication makes it almost like pills in the fact that you can control doses, and its not as harmful or impolite as smoke.

agian great job G and the omicron team

.. videos to come soon

nj2thebay,

DubCRider

I'm just trying to spread the same feeling you just described, love at first prime!

Did you get that Banner Oil at PPPG? The guy who runs that shop swears by it in the Omicron.

DubCRider,

OF

It occurs to me that since I have both the Omicron and Atmos units folks might be interested in my 'side by side' observations? Not meaning to stir anything up.....

I was attracted to the Atmos after having the Omicron for a month or so. Key attractions were smaller size and painted body (hoping to improve on the stealth of the Omicron). Price was not a factor (and the prices have both shifted since then anyway....). The Atmos is shorter (smaller battery) due to it's lower capacity by about half an inch, useful but more would be better. Less use before charging, but perhaps a reasonable trade off in some cases for a more discrete unit. Likewise, brushed stainless looks good and keeps well but sure looks out of place in most places. The heat shield cones are shorter, exposing more hot cartridge than Omicron. The Atmos times out a second or so later, but just goes out rather than flashing so it's hard to judge when it's OK to press again for an increased hit. The chargers are nearly identical.

However, the Atmos has several shortcomings for the intended use with the Omicron oil carts. It's probably 'just right' for it's original use, or at least more appropriate. First off, if you're trying to be low key, the whole bottom of the unit lights up blue when it's on. Like a huge blue cherry on a stoggie.....kinda like sending a flare up in a dark theater for instance. You can cover it with your palm, but forget or get sloppy and you could get into the very sort of conversation you're trying to avoid. Looks cool to some, no doubt, but a feature I can live without. Also the end cap is slightly rounded, you can't stand it up on end when not being used like the Omicron. Fine if you're using e-juice in a cotton cart I guess, but some of the hash oil I use will slowly flow if left too long on it's side. I keep the Atmos units standing in a cup for that reason. The push button is also 'proud' from the body far enough so it turns on against a flat surface (like the table), it will time out of course so it's not like having your MFLB go off in your pocket, but I prefer the better protected button on the Omicron. I can drop the latter into a cigar case for protection and be sure it won't hit the wall and light up. This is a handy smell tight way to protect it will moving about, BTW.

So, cost aside I see little advantage to the Atmos and several disadvantages. You get to decide how important they are to your needs, of course. For myself, I have no problems recommending the Omicron first....in case anyone has actually read this far.

OF

OF,

vape4health

I see you guys are in love with this thing, it does look nice but I'm from PA with no access to oils or any of that stuff. Im not going to spray tane and high quality herb is limited for me any way, does that put me out for a Omicron or is there another easy way to get fuel for this bad boy. Thanks all, I really like the whole idea of this thing.

vape4health,
Top Bottom