Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

wthanna

vape4health said:
I see you guys are in love with this thing, it does look nice but I'm from PA with no access to oils or any of that stuff. Im not going to spray tane and high quality herb is limited for me any way, does that put me out for a Omicron or is there another easy way to get fuel for this bad boy. Thanks all, I really like the whole idea of this thing.

Do a search for QWISO (Quick Wash Isopropyl Alcohol). It's quick and easy.

wthanna,

OF

vape4health said:
I see you guys are in love with this thing, it does look nice but I'm from PA with no access to oils or any of that stuff. Im not going to spray tane and high quality herb is limited for me any way, does that put me out for a Omicron or is there another easy way to get fuel for this bad boy. Thanks all, I really like the whole idea of this thing.

Interesting question. The needed 'fuel' is a concentrate. Generally the more pure THC, the better, IMO 70% is a good target. This means somebody somewhere has to separate the THC from most of the other stuff in the 'feed stock' somehow. And there's limits on how efficient that can be (some THC is sure to be left behind).

Let's try some 'back of the envelope' numbers. A gram of 70% oil has 700mg of THC. If we use prime California bud at say 16% and get 3/4 of that into the final product (a WAG) we'll capture 120 of the 160mg of THC in each gram. We'll need 5.8 grams of that bud (700/120) for the job. If we're using 'mids' at say 6 or 8% we're going to need half an ounce or so. Probably more with shake.

As to how to make that happen 'easily', how about a two step system? First pass convert to bubble hash with ice, water and screens. Dry that then do a solvent extraction from there. Most of the bulk processing is with water at low temperatures that way. I suspect for the second step Iso or 'hexane class' solvents would be a the call, and safe enough with reasonable caution??? Butane spraying around scares me.....

By far and away the easiest way is to pay someone else to do it for sure. $40 or so will buy good 'fuel' around here. Under $60/gram for THC, far cheaper (say half) than good bud. I assume that can only happen with the oil 'feed stock' coming from the biproduct of those lovely buds those dedicated growers are producing.

So I'd say 'start with figuring out where you'll get gram or so of THC in feed stock you need for a gram of 70% oil. Then we can get to the 'separate the wheat from the chaff' part.

OF

OF,

OF

wthanna said:

I was under the impression this is how the 'dirty' oils that guys were having leaking problems were made? Aren't the success stories with BHO made directly from plant?

Then again, the upcoming 'leakproof' cart may change all that anyway.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Sorry guys well post it up soon as possible we are just busy with the Toys for tots drive and other projects. Its getting out of hand.

We have to many things going on at once and i like it. But please forgive us but we will get it up asap.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
We have to many things going on at once and i like it. But please forgive us but we will get it up asap.

Understood. As I said, your plate looks pretty full from here.

There's an old joke about the definition of Diplomacy being 'keeping three balls in the air without loosing yours'. Best of luck as you assign priorities.

FWIW, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for the tester.

OF

OF,

nj2thebay

Today I successfully filled a cart following the directions provided and it took me less and 3 mins. I think the fill tool works amazing , and its so much easier if ur ish comes in a glass jar.

@dubC
The B.Banner was from BPG but its so rare that it probably came from same cat. Amazing stuff, deff pickup if you see it around. The flower itself is one of my favorites. I look foward to trying the pure gold. The only thing I dont think I have down with this thing is how to take bigger hits. I understand I need to hold the button several 5 sec burts at a time to acheive this but i dont quite get it. any tips help. Also I find better results hitting super soft but consistant and with suction ( same tech i use on my ssv) and see to get good hits, when i try to do harder pulls as people mention i can feel the oil splurging somewhere inside and it becomes inconsistant.

This vape is very easy to use, im not sure why people were having issues at all. very very simple (thanks mostly to new fill tool)

The only negitive thing I can say about it is its size, but i can see we are getting that fixed with the newer model to come, and bigger hits would also be nice but this thing hits concentrate better than any vape or vapepen ive used before. I just cant put it up to my ti nail yet lol

nj2thebay,

DubCRider

Ti nail cart is in the works. Thank you for your kind words. If you are in the SF area hit me up any time and I'm down to exchange info on this great item. I was just on BART tonight ripping away with no problems! Enjoy the happy vapors, I look forward to some Banner Oil in my future.

DubCRider,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Hey y'all! First post.

I got my fill tool stuck in my cartridge after filling it. Anyone have any ideas on how to prop it off?

If heat makes metal expand, can I put it in a fridge to cool it to make it easier to pry off? Does it work that way?

Authentic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Authentic said:
Hey y'all! First post.

I got my fill tool stuck in my cartridge after filling it. Anyone have any ideas on how to prop it off?

If heat makes metal expand, can I put it in a fridge to cool it to make it easier to pry off? Does it work that way?

screw cartridge on to the battery, and gently twist the fill tool out. a few times of use will make sure the tool fits nicely.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey guys here is the latest prototype, now there is small changes to this we just wanted to see what it would look like with a gold ring and bottom cap.

the actual look will be matte black with chrome ring and cap, but here is what it looks like almost.

Prototype__00586_zoom.gif

THC SCIENTIFIC,

nj2thebay

looking good.. Now I know the centuri is the more compact version coming out which I will be deff picking up. Is the persei the dual cart device ? Looks like a clean design either way.

nj2thebay,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
nj2thebay said:
looking good.. Now I know the centuri is the more compact version coming out which I will be deff picking up. Is the persei the dual cart device ? Looks like a clean design either way.

the Persei is dual cartridge capable, and should not be used with 6v or 7v option, the 6v and 7v options are for other cartridges we have coming out later

We will have all of this information in the manual.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

wthanna

OF said:
wthanna said:

I was under the impression this is how the 'dirty' oils that guys were having leaking problems were made? Aren't the success stories with BHO made directly from plant?

Then again, the upcoming 'leakproof' cart may change all that anyway.....

OF

I have had zero problems with QWISO... emphasis on the Q in QWISO... keep it to a 30 second wash.. filtered through two unbleached filters
Freeze both the ISO and the herb, before doing it ;)

wthanna,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So, is the Centuri compatible with the plant cartridge, or do we need to get a larger model?

lesvape,

OF

wthanna said:
I have had zero problems with QWISO... emphasis on the Q in QWISO... keep it to a 30 second wash.. filtered through two unbleached filters
Freeze both the ISO and the herb, before doing it ;)

Thanks for the info. I understand it the same way, it has to be done very fast or too much other stuff comes across. Done fast the yield is down, but the concentration higher. Still a lot of THC is left behind. And this really only works well for high grade plant to start with, that is the OP will be at a serious disadvantage with this technique where even moderately strong weed is dear and hard to find.

Still, it's a lot less intimidating using IPA than butane, at least to me. I was thinking if a guy could first concentrate the trichs (remove the plant material that otherwise fouls the ISO) then the 'Quick' part wouldn't be so important and total yields would go up. Make sense, in that guys case at least?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys you can now use your Omicron Vaporizer with 510 808 and 901 cartomizers and atomizers.

Warning some atomizers designed to fit certain batteries and may not fit the Omicron even if the thread is the same.

You have to get the adapters from the site and they will allow all cartomizers and most atomizers to work.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Is there a place in LA or the San Fernando Valley where they sell great concentrates for the Omicron?

I picked up some stuff called Omega Wax from a place in downtown LA but it was much too solid. Most of it got stuck near the top of the cartridge.

Thanks!

Authentic,

DubCRider

You can melt it down inside the cart, just hold a bic to the top section. Only heat down as far as the mouthpiece covers.

DubCRider,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Thanks DubCRider. That worked and I am now medicating with my Omicron for the first time. You rock!

Authentic,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Is there any advantage to filling the cart with a full gram instead of a half gram? For example, would it prime quicker or hit better if it were fuller?

Authentic,

Keak420

Authentic said:
Is there any advantage to filling the cart with a full gram instead of a half gram? For example, would it prime quicker or hit better if it were fuller?

For me it seems to work better with half grams then after 2 days of using it I add the rest. Pen works best at full charge. If its not hitting use a bic hold the end of the cart and heat the top 30% of the cart. Also if you don't turn the wax to a liquid state before adding it will not hit well. Melting the wax in a glass tube or vial the dumping it in has work wonder for me. Also on my 5th pure gold in the same cart!! Lol

Keak420,

Authentic

Persei abuser
I didn't melt the wax so I think that's why I'm getting tiny hits after drawing for a minute or so. Should I extract it from my cart then try with a new cart after melting it down?

Edit: Oops I think the battery is dead. I pushed the button but it will automatically flash the blue light. Does that mean it needs a new charge?

Authentic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yes it means it needs a new charge, and melt all liquids down for it to worl properly.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom