Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Escribble said:
How do you know when a cartridge or if the Omicron itself is bad? A friend gave it to me for Xmas and we went through about 8 golds over the last few weeks but today it will not hit but is leaking out the bottom like crazy. Only thing I can figure is a seal or something inside melted and its not heating up the cartridge. Also is the heating element in the battery part?

There is nothing inside that can melt under normal use. These cartridges do die out because of the heating element being so small that is inside. 8 gold equals to about 4 grams. I would say it did what it was designed to do.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
There is nothing inside that can melt under normal use. These cartridges do die out because of the heating element being so small that is inside. 8 gold equals to about 4 grams. I would say it did what it was designed to do.

Hey THC while we're talking about the carts can you confirm any of the things I assumed in this response:
JoeKickass said:
Shenk408 said:
I wish i would have never watched that TV video
Idk what i was expecting to be inside of omi cart but now when i smoke omi all i think is how unnatural of a high im getting
Fiberglass plastic and wires
Damn

I hit the Omi while I was watching the video lol

Like everyone said, you're just giving TV the reaction he was trying to get. When he opened up the Omi cart he just decided to try and give the most alarming name for each component.

Fiberglass - Is actually silica rope which cuts cleanly and should be nothing but long single fibers which cannot become airborne like silica dust.

Plastic - The crumbly bit was obviously ceramic but it did seem like there where two white plastic discs, that can't be good huh? Oh wait, plastic is a hugely general term! There are many, many types of plastics which would laugh at the Omicron's level of heat. Think of those fire-proof boxes for important papers.

Wires - Again, wire is a ridiculously general term. Core material, shield material, environmental tolerances? We have no idea. But again, there are many types of quality high-temp wire with shielding that looks just like that. Just like plastic, the shielding can have any number of amazing properties and still just look like plastic.

Like are the plastic discs and wire shield of the heat-resistant variety?

JoeKickass,

DubCRider

I have burned out 20+ carts and hit the reclaim on a Ti nail, there was no plastic taste to speak of. I still have some of the oil if anyone wants to try and confirm this. I got just under 8g.

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Hey THC while we're talking about the carts can you confirm any of the things I assumed in this response:
JoeKickass said:
Shenk408 said:
I wish i would have never watched that TV video
Idk what i was expecting to be inside of omi cart but now when i smoke omi all i think is how unnatural of a high im getting
Fiberglass plastic and wires
Damn

I hit the Omi while I was watching the video lol

Like everyone said, you're just giving TV the reaction he was trying to get. When he opened up the Omi cart he just decided to try and give the most alarming name for each component.

Fiberglass - Is actually silica rope which cuts cleanly and should be nothing but long single fibers which cannot become airborne like silica dust.

Plastic - The crumbly bit was obviously ceramic but it did seem like there where two white plastic discs, that can't be good huh? Oh wait, plastic is a hugely general term! There are many, many types of plastics which would laugh at the Omicron's level of heat. Think of those fire-proof boxes for important papers.

Wires - Again, wire is a ridiculously general term. Core material, shield material, environmental tolerances? We have no idea. But again, there are many types of quality high-temp wire with shielding that looks just like that. Just like plastic, the shielding can have any number of amazing properties and still just look like plastic.

Like are the plastic discs and wire shield of the heat-resistant variety?

Joe we can say for sure that everything in the cartridges are made to withstand heat, and are not an issue to ones health.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am on my 4th box of 5 cartridges, and have never had a "dud".
Good record!
I always test all 5 out first to be sure they work... and today I found a different cartridge for the very 1st time.
I wondered if anyone has seen a cart like this one!
The second that I depress the battery button, the cartridges element glows super hot!
Brighter and faster than any I have seen yet.
I tested it a dozen times... and it is consistent.

I was tempted to try to vape a bud in it.. either by removing that top bar, or working around it...
What do you think?
Should I just go ahead and load it with oil?
(THC Scientific please feel free to answer!)

touch to see my "cart get hot"

Vitolo,
Woah V, looks like you got a herb cartridge prototype or something by accident. Try it and let me know how it goes!

VaporBoxed,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
Good record!
I always test all 5 out first to be sure they work... and today I found a different cartridge for the very 1st time.
The second that I depress the battery button, the cartridges element glows super hot!

I was tempted to try to vape a bud in it.. either by removing that top bar, or working around it...
What do you think?
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/ecig/th_Movieon2012-01-17at1154.jpg

Vito can you please send that back,

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kertong

*please delete me*
BagAVape said:
Fyi guys, herb contact with the skin will cause irritation due to nonglandular trichomes, which kinda look like spikes rather than regular mushroom trichomes. Some strains have more nonglandular trichomes than others, particularly the kush varieties which are famous for their abundance of non glandular trichomes. I've experienced this myself while trimming with a few friends helping, and one particular strain gave us all itches and blotches on our hands that looked like allergy, but none of us are actually allergic to cannabis..
Nonglandular trichomes will sink into the skin causing micro holes which ends up causing this inflamation.

Hey BagAVape -

just wanted to reply and let you know I really appreciate this advice. I would pop a zyrtec or benadryl before thinking I was allergic, due to my coughing, sneezing, clogged sinuses, and wheezing/whistling coming from my chest after a few puffs. The antihistamines gave me iron lungs as i was able to hit the omicron non stop all day for days on end without coughing - but at the same time I didn't really get high, and I felt like I was wasting my oil trying to get to a level I couldn't reach.

yesterday i stopped taking the antihistamines and started puffing.. as usual I started wheezing and coughing, my throat was burning like I had whiffed some pepper spray or something.. but I *did* get high again, and felt it behind the eyes, etc. It was kind of nice, though I can't stand the throat pain, I drink as much water as possible too but I end up just drying out my throat and wheezing.. ugh.

but yeah. thanks!!

kertong,

OF

Vitolo said:

You know it looks to me like it's the heater wound around the outside of the inner chamber, not the one inside the inner chamber? The heater that feeds, not vaporizes. The light doesn't seem to be coming up the tube in the center?

For sure I wouldn't load it. Pulling the bridge off (it lifts out, sorta) will kill the cart since that's also an electrical connection. There's also rubber seals down in that are that aren't going to like the heat.....they'll probably outgas some nasty stuff for you in response. If you load it with oil, when that heater burns out (seems reasonable to think quickly) the cart will die as it won't feed oil to the wick correctly.

I'd return it for credit. I bet THC makes it worth your while.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Vitolo said:
Good record!

What do you think?
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/ecig/th_Movieon2012-01-17at1154.jpg

Wow look at that sucker glow!!! If you have a voltmeter I would definitely measure the resistance of that cart. Normal ones are 2.4 ohms. I would bet anything your cart will measure much less than that...

Normal Amperage: 3.7V/2.4ohms= 1.5 amps

Now watch how fast the current rises if the resistance is off even by a single ohm:
2 ohms: 3.7/2 = 1.85 amps
1.5 ohms: 3.7/1.5 = 2.47 amps
1 ohm: 3.7/1 = 3.7 amps
0.5 ohms: 3.7/0.5 = 7.4 amps

Basically meaning it might hurt your battery if you try to use it long-term...

JoeKickass,

OF

Vitolo said:
OF said:
OF
THC asked that I send it back, and I will get it sent to him in the morning. ;)

Dollars to doughnuts he takes care of you for the effort. That's the sort of thing a guy wants to get to the bottom of and not have happen again real soon.....

And I for sure don't wanna be the next lucky customer to get one.

OF

OF,

OF

JoeKickass said:
Wow look at that sucker glow!!! If you have a voltmeter I would definitely measure the resistance of that cart. Normal ones are 2.4 ohms. I would bet anything your cart will measure much less than that...

I bet you're right on that. I'm betting the external heater has a shorted turn or two. IIRC it's only a few turns in a fairly shallow groove. Such a failure has the double effect of more current and full voltage across a shorter piece of wire, more 'Volts per foot' if you will, which forces all the (increased) power into a smaller section. It can get bad fast.

For sure not a good place to park fifty bucks worth of oil.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OF said:
Vitolo said:
OF said:
OF
THC asked that I send it back, and I will get it sent to him in the morning. ;)

Dollars to doughnuts he takes care of you for the effort. That's the sort of thing a guy wants to get to the bottom of and not have happen again real soon.....

And I for sure don't wanna be the next lucky customer to get one.

OF
Well you know damn well that was the only one out there. :o

Jeppy,
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys the sneezing is most likely caused by BHO.

One of the reasons why I don't use it anymore. Waxes coat the bronchial sacks and this results in the sneezing to clear the nasal cavities and these waxes built up in an around.

I sneez when only smoking cigarettes also, my lungs just clears the mucus and I'm back to normal again.

Please consult you doctor about this.

Someone should do an analysis of the resin in the rubber tip, it should be exactly the same stuff making it to your lungs. But the stuff I've gotten seems pretty liquidy no matter what concentrate I use...

So BHO is under scrutiny... What about budder?

Anything extracted by butane, because butane also extracts the parrefins inside the plant, now iso is different because it does not extract the perrafines, Not saying BHO is bad if done right and further cleaned, but I will only use gold because it's de-waxed.

Question... What about BHO with activated carbon in the tube? Ive seen absolutely beautiful results, that don't appear waxy, just light clear honey glass.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

moonbeamz

I am thinking about getting one of these, but before I do, can anyone tell me if there is anything I shouldn't be putting in this so I don't ruin it?? I realize this is for oils (extracts), but are there oils that will not work in it? Like ISO for example?
Thanks!! :D

moonbeamz,

JoeKickass

Zorro420shouldbefree said:
Question... What about BHO with activated carbon in the tube? Ive seen absolutely beautiful results, that don't appear waxy, just light clear honey glass.
Really good idea!

moonbeamz said:
I am thinking about getting one of these, but before I do, can anyone tell me if there is anything I shouldn't be putting in this so I don't ruin it?? I realize this is for oils (extracts), but are there oils that will not work in it? Like ISO for example?

You'll ruin a cart eventually one way or another, but it won't mess up the unit at all just a $10 cartridge that you will buy tons of anyway. I just ruined a perfectly good cart by loading what I thought was an oil but it must have never became solid at room temp because it just came pouring out the bottom after being filled...

What you are looking for is anything light colored

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Zorro420shouldbefree said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
JoeKickass said:
Someone should do an analysis of the resin in the rubber tip, it should be exactly the same stuff making it to your lungs. But the stuff I've gotten seems pretty liquidy no matter what concentrate I use...

So BHO is under scrutiny... What about budder?

Anything extracted by butane, because butane also extracts the parrefins inside the plant, now iso is different because it does not extract the perrafines, Not saying BHO is bad if done right and further cleaned, but I will only use gold because it's de-waxed.

we have not done research on activated carbon but something we could look into. Best way is if your in california have it tested at Steep Hill laboratory.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
moonbeamz said:

will not work with water extracts

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom