Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Lol nice find!

Karma is sweet!

By the look of this nice man he deserves it!

Thc let him enjoy the fruits of the labor. He won't do ya wrong.

~Kosher Kush

Kosher Kush,
so i just load my omicron with some qwiso abv...tastes like shit but it works lol...Im jealous of you guys that have access to nice high quality candy for the omi

mflb_hustler,
Wow this thing hits when starts to work right...been trying all day today.finally....whats the min amout can one cart hold?

mflb_hustler,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
mflb_hustler said:
so i just load my omicron with some qwiso abv...tastes like shit but it works lol...Im jealous of you guys that have access to nice high quality candy for the omi
Why not run some BHO with some quality bud?

SF Giant,

DubCRider

mflb_hustler said:
Wow this thing hits when starts to work right...been trying all day today.finally....whats the min amout can one cart hold?

Minimum fill is .5g and full is 1g. Weigh your carts before you fill to know exactly what's left at a later date.

DubCRider,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
SF Giant said:
mflb_hustler said:
Why not run some BHO with some quality bud?
Thats exactly what I was thinking.
But for some people it just isnt an option.

-------
I was doing some testing with my 0.001g scale, and each full hit (pressing the button until battery protection kicks in) was weighing in consistently at 0.004g.

So by my estimates, I'll be getting 250 hits to a cart. :brow:

How long are everyone's batteries lasting before they need a charge?

I've only consumed about 0.5g (that's over 9 days :D ) and I'm in my 4th charge so far.

Also, just a thought;
I would be nice if there was some way to know when the battery is about to die.
(especially since it is recommended to run the battery down fully before recharging)
Maybe the batt light could flash twice before staying solid when the battery is under 10%?

Having said that, I am getting 2 - 3 days per charge - waaaay better than any other portable I've used.

Frederick McGuire,

JoeKickass

DubCRider said:
mflb_hustler said:

Minimum fill is .5g and full is 1g. Weigh your carts before you fill to know exactly what's left at a later date.

Cart + Mouthpiece = 10.18 0.02 Grams

JoeKickass,

OF

Frederick McGuire said:
I was doing some testing with my 0.001g scale, and each full hit (pressing the button until battery protection kicks in) was weighing in consistently at 0.004g.

So by my estimates, I'll be getting 250 hits to a cart.

How long are everyone's batteries lasting before they need a charge?

I've only consumed about 0.5g (that's over 9 days :D ) and I'm in my 4th charge so far.

Also, just a thought;
I would be nice if there was some way to know when the battery is about to die.

Have you tried it with more than one oil? I too use a scale with 1mg resolution and found a fairly large difference in weight per delivery.

FWIW, I use about that same 50mg a day but from a couple of units, I tend to charge about twice a week. While it would be nice, I wouldn't hold my breath for updated battery status indicators. It's not at all easy to spot '10% left' with this technology. And even if it could, the cost of custom electronics over using the industry standard electronics in common use would probably drive the price high enough to scare folks off. The best protection I see is charging on a schedule proven OK or having a spare handy as backup. As a 'belt and suspenders guy' from way back, I'm doing both.....

JoeKickass said:
DubCRider said:
mflb_hustler said:

Cart + Mouthpiece = 10.18 0.02 Grams

You really need to weigh each empty if you want accurate numbers. A quick look back shows empties I've weighed between 7.655 and 7.979 grams for five carts, that's a third of a gram.

OF

OF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Only the 1 oil so far, but I will only be putting home made BHO through it (no other access to concentrates).

I figured that a battery indicator probably won't happen, but I'm just putting it out there that it would be nice.
With all the magic that THC Sci has been putting out, it wouldn't surprise me if they figure out a way to do it eventually. :cool:

It's just a little jarring to go from seemingly fine to nothing between consecutive hits.

It's a great vape when the worst thing about it is that the battery lasts so long that you can't keep track of how much juice is left in there.

Frederick McGuire,

OF

Frederick McGuire said:
Only the 1 oil so far, but I will only be putting home made BHO through it (no other access to concentrates).

I figured that a battery indicator probably won't happen, but I'm just putting it out there that it would be nice.
With all the magic that THC Sci has been putting out, it wouldn't surprise me if they figure out a way to do it eventually. :cool:

It's just a little jarring to go from seemingly fine to nothing between consecutive hits.

It's a great vape when the worst thing about it is that the battery lasts so long that you can't keep track of how much juice is left in there.

Be interesting to see what you find. I'm not sure if it's a difference in carts or oil, but I've noted it takes a lot more pulls on some to get the same weight out. And some materials are very consistent in delivery, some more erratic, some out and out balk, sometimes spitting out oil which really fouls up the record keeping.

I know what you mean, it would be nice to have some protection from the lights suddenly going out and refusing to come back. When I was day dreaming I was thinking it'd be nice if you could do something like push the button 3 times to defeat the low battery shutdown a few times (enough at least to finish a session), there's noting really sacred about the threshold.

OF

OF,
Thoughts of the day - What if you added medicinal herbs to the BHO tube? Like Propolis, Lavender, etc. Herbs with a absurdly high LD50 (Toxic dose).

Better yet what if a real club existed... that had a doctor/herbalist who would prescribe medicinal herbs to mix into your bho/co2 for you omi.

Third thought - CBD Tincture in the OMI- Bye bye cancer. We need some knowledge on making CBD oil.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

DubCRider

I was at a local SJ collective today and they have already suggested to Tetra Labs that they should make a CBD oil.

DubCRider,

moonbeamz

So, the oil I have right now was iso extracted and kindof dark, amber in the light, but it melts nice enough on top of bud... is this going to work in the omicron? I am not sure when I will be able to get a hold of some cleaner extracts.

**also wondering when the centauri will be coming out?

moonbeamz,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
OF said:
Be interesting to see what you find. I'm not sure if it's a difference in carts or oil, but I've noted it takes a lot more pulls on some to get the same weight out. And some materials are very consistent in delivery, some more erratic, some out and out balk, sometimes spitting out oil which really fouls up the record keeping.

I've been lucky, the BHO I put in requires absolutely no priming, just make sure it's not clogged, press the button & pull :D

I know what you mean, it would be nice to have some protection from the lights suddenly going out and refusing to come back. When I was day dreaming I was thinking it'd be nice if you could do something like push the button 3 times to defeat the low battery shutdown a few times (enough at least to finish a session), there's noting really sacred about the threshold.
I never even thought of that...
That would be perfect.

Also, it's funny, I've noticed I get slightly bigger hits when I use it without the mouthpiece...
I'm not sure what's up with that...

Edit:
moonbeamz,
If it will fully melt wih heat then it should be able to work in the omi,
Is the oil just dark, or is it dark because of particulates etc.?
My BHO looked a bit darkish to me, but it works great.
I would say that if it leaves little to no residue on a nail/skillet it should be fine for the omi.
Basically, the more particulates, the shorter the cart would last.

Frederick McGuire,

moonbeamz

@Frederick McGuire: It was a mix of fresh, frozen buds and some older keef that was pretty dark to begin with, 30sec wash, strained through a mesh basket, into a coffee press, then through a paper filter, so it should be pretty clean. I think the older keef made it look darker, as it was already turning amber. It does seem to melt up good though. I have a bunch of the keef, that I planned to do qwiso with so I could use it before it is worthless. I was hoping the omicron would work for this. I guess there is only one way to find out :)

**again, wondering what the status is on the centauri will be released. I was thinking of holding out for that one because I like the replaceable battery, and the size.

moonbeamz,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Frederick McGuire said:

Well hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a 2nd generation. The technology is already out there, developed by Joyetech I think.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...ado-ego-c-e-nic-full-kit-black-2-product.html
The eGo-C batteries can be switched on or completely off with five clicks of the manual button, eliminating the need for button protectors and the risk of accidental activation in storage.

The Tornado eGo-C battery has a new power indicator in the button.

When the battery power is over 50% charged, the battery LED will be white. When the battery power is between 10% and 50%, the battery LED is sky blue, and when the battery power is below 10%, the battery LED is blue.

Sounds good.

WatTyler,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Damn Wat, I'm pretty sure you don't know who is the french distributor for TW...ROFL...It's us! :D
www.totallywicked-eliquid.fr
That is us, and we are under construction... We will soon have the full shop! We have tested the Ego-C and yes I confirm the tech is there and pretty efficient (actually puffing on it right now in the office)!

To stay "on topic", plase notice that with THC's adaptor you will be able to screw your ego's cartomizer, clearomizer, atomizer to your Omicron's battery with no issue! ;) Just have to switch carts in 5 sec to switch from nicotine to oil! Pretty impressive IMO!

Cheers!

FLskwat,

bruno13

insomniac
moonbeamz said:

**again, wondering what the status is on the centauri will be released. I was thinking of holding out for that one because I like the replaceable battery, and the size.

Second that, and please update on when the Nail cart will be released.

bruno13,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OK just finished a very large update on the omicron wiki entry.

- Fixed some broken and outdated links
- Updated dealers, pricing, etc
- Filled in all the latest tips and tricks from the last 50 pages of the forum. now totally up to date
- and most importantly took a first swing at the FAQ section.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of common Q's. I need to organize them also, right now they are kind of random order mess.

all proof readers and comments appreciated.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron#FAQ

ru_frothi,

kertong

*please delete me*
quick question - i already own the double kit I bought a while back from SJPG, but today I bought a single stick kit from harborside SJ. Mostly to have a second charger, as well as the filling tool (which is *AWESOME* and handily beats the winton tip I was using). The battery works fine, however, the button gets "stuck" once in a while. It still works to toggle on/off, but every once in a while it just stops "clicking", responding only to light pressure. Wriggling the button or rotating it with my nails sometimes loosens and fixes it.

My other two sticks don't do this, just this one does. Is anyone else's like this? It doesn't bother me all that much, so as long as it's not a degenerative condition, I'm ok with it. But if it is (like if it's a sign the button will stop working soon), what should I do? take it back to the collective, or file a ticket with thc sci?

kertong,

Keak420

Hey kert bring it back to harborside sj ask for nick. I had a one love vap pen die and they exchanged it. Just let them know. If not mail it to thc for a new one :p

I won a 11 gram joint from cinnabar in sj to bad it's all trim. I should hash it.

Keak420,
Top Bottom