Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

franky2222

awesome review weedemon thanks for that,, i just get more and more exited now im regretting not getting the second battery. that way you could have both loaded and go for a long time with out charging and have 2 kinds of oil smoking at the same time LOL,,,i

franky2222,

weedemon

enthusiast
tonight we filled up 3 more carts. a first wash of Cadillac, one od master kush and then a 3rd cart of abv bho. my buddy ran an oz and got a 0.9 of bho out of it. we loaded it up. I said i get it will be dryer than normal. and it was. it was almost a little nutty in flavour. a bit harsher on the throat then a grade oil, but it actually was not bad at all. definitely got us all ripped :p

weedemon,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
wait till you guys see what we are working on. Thats all i can say.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

pecor

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Well Hopfully a Better Web Site :D Cause the one ya have Sucks. Sorry just had to get that off my chest, Phew! I Feel beter now. J

pecor,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I'm hoping its a model that works with plants and other non-oils. Now that would be something.

lesvape,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
pecor said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Well Hopfully a Better Web Site :D Cause the one ya have Sucks. Sorry just had to get that off my chest, Phew! I Feel beter now. J

Danm dude first post in three years and its on my thread. Nice must be doing something right.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

shortwind

Hi. Your vaporizer sounds very intriguing to me...except that there is that mysterious sounding substance called "BHO" (something hash oil??? Honey Oil???) that goes in it. I believe I saw an earlier thread here that mentioned some complex recipe to make this "BHO". Now, to be bluntly honest, I am a rather uncoordinated person with zero cooking/chemistry skills. I also have just relocated to Oregon, where I am now a legal MM person, so I can access the cannabis clubs here. First: will the Omnicron Vape for Oils be available anytime or anywhere soon in Oregon? Two, is there anyplace in Oregon (Portland area) where I could easily obtain pre-made "BHO" to use in the cartridges for this device?? And finally, will THC Scientific come out with any kind simple e-cig style vape that uses just plain old ground up cannabis...and yes, I have the MFLB...luv it...it is my everyday vape. But a sleek cig style vape such as the Omnicron could potentially be even more stealthy.
Sorry, if any these questions have already been answered.
Cheers!

shortwind,

weedemon

enthusiast
any hash that will melt can go into this cartridge. BHO (butane honey oil) QWISO (Quick wash isopropyl)...

whatever will melt into a liquid when heated will work!

and yeah go buy some concentrates my friend! you will like it i think! :)

I totally love my omicron so far!

weedemon,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
funkin said:
I just tested the frosting tip filling method. GENIUS!

I scraped my putty out of it's glass jar with a dental tool, stuck it in the funnel, torched.. Wa-la! All the putty is now in the cartridge.

I looked at the glass jar I used last time I filled a cartridge using the hot plate technique, and I had lost a small amount of the putty because it stuck to the jar and was difficult to scrape off. The jar I used this time was perfectly clean. Super efficient! I don't think I lost ANY putty!

Really awesome. Thank you so much, daelic.

Yup got the clamp and the frosting tip today works very well.

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
funkin said:
I just tested the frosting tip filling method. GENIUS!

I scraped my putty out of it's glass jar with a dental tool, stuck it in the funnel, torched.. Wa-la! All the putty is now in the cartridge.

I looked at the glass jar I used last time I filled a cartridge using the hot plate technique, and I had lost a small amount of the putty because it stuck to the jar and was difficult to scrape off. The jar I used this time was perfectly clean. Super efficient! I don't think I lost ANY putty!

Really awesome. Thank you so much, daelic.

Yup got the clamp and the frosting tip today works very well.

Glad your issues where resolved.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DubCRider

I also got the tips, it's the best way to date to fill them! Cherry Pie Co2 vid to come soon! I went to the "Folsom Street Fair" today and ran in to some of the ASA guys and they are down with an Omicron demo at their next meeting. People were stoked on the Co2!

DubCRider,

weedemon

enthusiast
so one out of 3 of my carts suffer from cloggage.

I was wondering if any of you have tips for how i can clear the clog. is it my oil? the other 2 carts are not suffering from any clog at all.

I don't think i ever hit it harder than my others. so i don't think it was that that clogged it. i stopped using it that night left it on the vape standing up and in the morning it was clogged.

the clog isn't the end of the world one hit and it's cleared, but the others don't have this problem at all.

weedemon,

gvape

Ok, so first things first. I finally got the Omicron after waiting a little over a week, for what should have been here in a few days, but not a big deal... I got it now and its working.

I started things off by snaking in pieces of some first wash BHO I made. Loaded up .65g into the cart which took me roughly 10 minutes. Used a lighter and slightly heated up the outside to melt it down. After filling it I thing it took me about 3 or 4 priming hits to get anything going but I got a nice cloud. Was quite psyched about how things were going to be with this. But after about 3 or 4 more hits, it just died on me, weakest hits and I could barely even see any vapor being exhaled. I tried everything I could thing of with hitting techniques... Then the thing started to poop on me. Id scrape the goo that came out and stick it right back in, but the thing was not the same, just wouldn't give me a cloud. I felt like I took about 30-50 hits and just barely got any vapor.... It works, just nothing like I know it should.

I gave up on this cart for now and made some more bho and loaded it up. This time I headed it up in a tiny glass vial on a candle warmer and used a dropper. Was a bit harder to do, and I def lost a lot in the transfer.
Weighed the oil before .6g
The cart before 7.84g
The cart after 8.27g
Final Result = .43 in the cart

Only positive part of using the vial was that all the leftover bho was vaped in the eclipse. I just screwed on the vial and went to town.

Took me 1 prime to get this bad boy going... But damn, I almost fell over from coughing. I did about 3, 7 second presses which when I exhaled was tremendous. My other cart has to be heated up almost a full cycle to produce a cloud anything near the size the second one can do. Being able to track this second cart a bit I checked it 3 days later it only weighs .11g less. Keep in mind this got passed around for quite a bit the other night. I was sure half the cart was going to be gone. I do see less vapor then I did from the first few hits, but it still hits nice.

I can only say I see a bright future in this product, but do not feel is it at its full potential yet. It has quite a bit of a learning curve, and proper documentation should be included with this product; if it is supplied online, a postcard is at least needed to tell the user to visit a website. I got to say at first I was disappointed, but I do feel the product will live up to its potential. I just wish my first cart that I loaded up would hit and not have a cartridge of lost oil. Or if anything, at least a possible solution to get this working properly.

gvape,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
gvape said:
Ok, so first things first. I finally got the Omicron after waiting a little over a week, for what should have been here in a few days, but not a big deal... I got it now and its working.

I started things off by snaking in pieces of some first wash BHO I made. Loaded up .65g into the cart which took me roughly 10 minutes. Used a lighter and slightly heated up the outside to melt it down. After filling it I thing it took me about 3 or 4 priming hits to get anything going but I got a nice cloud. Was quite psyched about how things were going to be with this. But after about 3 or 4 more hits, it just died on me, weakest hits and I could barely even see any vapor being exhaled. I tried everything I could thing of with hitting techniques... Then the thing started to poop on me. Id scrape the goo that came out and stick it right back in, but the thing was not the same, just wouldn't give me a cloud. I felt like I took about 30-50 hits and just barely got any vapor.... It works, just nothing like I know it should.

I gave up on this cart for now and made some more bho and loaded it up. This time I headed it up in a tiny glass vial on a candle warmer and used a dropper. Was a bit harder to do, and I def lost a lot in the transfer.
Weighed the oil before .6g
The cart before 7.84g
The cart after 8.27g
Final Result = .43 in the cart

Only positive part of using the vial was that all the leftover bho was vaped in the eclipse. I just screwed on the vial and went to town.

Took me 1 prime to get this bad boy going... But damn, I almost fell over from coughing. I did about 3, 7 second presses which when I exhaled was tremendous. My other cart has to be heated up almost a full cycle to produce a cloud anything near the size the second one can do. Being able to track this second cart a bit I checked it 3 days later it only weighs .11g less. Keep in mind this got passed around for quite a bit the other night. I was sure half the cart was going to be gone. I do see less vapor then I did from the first few hits, but it still hits nice.

I can only say I see a bright future in this product, but do not feel is it at its full potential yet. It has quite a bit of a learning curve, and proper documentation should be included with this product; if it is supplied online, a postcard is at least needed to tell the user to visit a website. I got to say at first I was disappointed, but I do feel the product will live up to its potential. I just wish my first cart that I loaded up would hit and not have a cartridge of lost oil. Or if anything, at least a possible solution to get this working properly.

Thanks for the detailed writeup and glad yours finally came. Here's a few tips I have learned.

The Center tube is hollow. hold an empty cart and you can see through the center. I cant say its totally unobstructed. you will feel the clip run into something so clean gently. Its close to the bottom not the top.

I have been using a paper clip dipped in iso to clean it out from both ends.

NOTE: G told me, if you can hear gurgling when you press the button then there is too much oil has been sucked into the main chamber unvaporized and if you keep pulling it gets worse. (seems to be true). Cleaning out as I described was a recommended solution and does get it unclogged and working. Dunno about your issues though.

get the cake frosting tip/funnel at michaels and the clip from home depot. makes filling much easier and way faster. a little crimp from some fine tip needle nose to get the tip crimped right and your in business.

ru_frothi,

franky2222

with devices like this therewill always be a learning curve and loosing oil once in a while is not uncommon,,i hope i get mine today i will also post a small review of my thoughts i got 2 kinds of oils and a good bit to play around :cool:

franky2222,

franky2222

oh and whats this cake frosting tip/funnel???i will be using fine tipped dropper,thats not good enough???

franky2222,

weedemon

enthusiast
i killed the battery it only took 3 and a half days of hitting it like an addict! lol :p

it's 10:11 now. i will keep an eye on it and see how long it takes to charge. hope i dont space out and miss it!

I am charging via usb this time.

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
thx for the tips on cleaning my clog. i will try the burn with no inhale. i only clear it after i stop pressing the battery then?

------------------------------------------------------------
the funnel is easier! here is the info as i have seen it:
1. On a smooth, flat, heat proof surface, place the cartridge threads down and put the sleeve over it to stabilize it.

2. Insert a round toothpick into the center air hole in the top of the cartridge, seat it good and tight, leave the toothpick full size, dont break it.

3. Place a Wilton #10 Stainless Steel frosting tip (available at Michaels for $1.69) onto the cartridge so that the toothpick is sticking up through the frosting tip and let the frosting tip tilt sideways so the toothpick is now supporting it.

4. Place your vial of oil into the frosting tip upside down, hold the bottom of the sleeve to stabilize it all.

5. Using a jet flame lighter, carefully heat the top of the cartridge that sticks out past the sleeve first, only like for 2 seconds and then move the flame up heating the frosting tip and then the vial. The oil should just slide right out and into the cartridge.

6. After everything cools, hold the cartridge between your fingers about way up and gently heat the top to get any remaining oil to flow down.

weedemon,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
franky2222 said:
oh and whats this cake frosting tip/funnel???i will be using fine tipped dropper,thats not good enough???

read the thread back a page or so. way better than the eye dropper approach.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
weedemon said:
thx for the tips on cleaning my clog. i will try the burn with no inhale. i only clear it after i stop pressing the battery then?

the funnel is easier! here is the info as i have seen it:
1. On a smooth, flat, heat proof surface, place the cartridge threads down and put the sleeve over it to stabilize it.

2. Insert a round toothpick into the center air hole in the top of the cartridge, seat it good and tight, leave the toothpick full size, dont break it.

3. Place a Wilton #10 Stainless Steel frosting tip (available at Michaels for $1.69) onto the cartridge so that the toothpick is sticking up through the frosting tip and let the frosting tip tilt sideways so the toothpick is now supporting it.

4. Place your vial of oil into the frosting tip upside down, hold the bottom of the sleeve to stabilize it all.

5. Using a jet flame lighter, carefully heat the top of the cartridge that sticks out past the sleeve first, only like for 2 seconds and then move the flame up heating the frosting tip and then the vial. The oil should just slide right out and into the cartridge.

6. After everything cools, hold the cartridge between your fingers about way up and gently heat the top to get any remaining oil to flow down.

Pretty much except you really need a $0.37 spring clip from home depot to act as the stand. make the cartridge very stable.

ALso the tip works well for earwax which usually comes in a plastic container. just scoop some into the tip/funnel and heat it up.

This is way easier than the eye dropper approach and less messy too.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
daelic said:
My method for filling the Omicron Cart using an easy to obtain cake frosting tip, micro torch and clamp:

[h]Supplies[/h]

http://i56.tinypic.com/2nld9xj.jpg

• Bernzomatic 3 in 1 Micro Torch [ST200T] - I got mine for less than $9 at home depot. The great thing about this torch is that it comes with a hot blower tip... you get the heat, without the flame which keeps you from accidentally igniting any oil, or putting ugly char marks on the outside of your cartridge. [/*]
  • Small Clamp - I forget how much exactly, but it was something around $1.50. The only purpose of the clamp is to add stability to the omicron cartridge when it's standing vertically. I've tossed some felt pads onto the contact points to help prevent damaging the omicron cart. We had the felt pads laying around the house, so I don't recall the cost, but they can be found cheap at any target, walgreens or similar.[/*]
  • Wilton 301 Frosting Tip - The tip fits perfectly on its own, but is not stable. To improve stability, I've crushed the end to improve the fit. There is probably a better frosting tip for this purpose, but the 301 works perfectly once it's been slightly modified[/*]

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ntzskg.jpg

Closer look at the modification I've done to the Frosting Tip. There's nothing specific about the modification, you just have to get your needle-nose pliers out, and crush a little at a time until you're happy with the fit. Mine has a little bit of wobble still, but I can walk down the hallway with it in the omicron cartridge and it won't fall out.

[h]The Process[/h]
http://i52.tinypic.com/o7iqzo.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2wqa2bb.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/26129u9.jpg

I haven't tried this method yet with melt-able solids, but I'd imagine one could quite easily pack some full melt into the filling tip instead of the bottle.

Here's the post here but the pics are not working anymore.

The torch and the clip are both in the hardware section at home depot and the clip is only 37 cents and the torch was 7.50. Funnel was 99 cents at Michaels.

ru_frothi,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok it took me 3.5 h going from the usb plugged into my pc. i imagine using the wall outlet will be even faster.

weedemon,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
weedemon said:
ok it took me 3.5 h going from the usb plugged into my pc. i imagine using the wall outlet will be even faster.

Curious, how do you know its done charging?

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom