Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
weedemon said:
funkin said:
Unless we find out that the Omicron makes us sick (which compared to competition, it seems the absolute least likely of all the types of "ejoints" to do so), this device is near unbeatable in my book.

how do e cigs make people sick???

BTW got my package in the mail today! can't use it till after work though! :( bah is gonna be the longest shift ever! lol and it's only 5 h! :p

I think funkin is talking about the other vaporizers that have cotton inside the cartridge. You end up Vaping cotton also, and he's just saying that the omicron even with it's extensive learning curve it is still better than all.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

franky2222

weedemon said:
funkin said:
Unless we find out that the Omicron makes us sick (which compared to competition, it seems the absolute least likely of all the types of "ejoints" to do so), this device is near unbeatable in my book.

BTW got my package in the mail today! can't use it till after work though! :( bah is gonna be the longest shift ever! lol and it's only 5 h! :p
cool your in ontario and you got it. im 15 min from ontario so i hope it will be at the postoffice

franky2222,

funkin

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
weedemon said:
funkin said:

I think funkin is talking about the other vaporizers that have cotton inside the cartridge. You end up Vaping cotton also, and he's just saying that the omicron even with it's extensive learning curve it is still better than all.

^ This!

Omicron >>>> anything else. I love this thing! I finally finished my first cartridge last night. I've been hitting it constantly for a week, probably about 400-450 hits total. Any competition would have taken 4-5 cartridges to compete, meaning about 4-5x the price, plus inhaling all that other crap (cotton, tubing, etc).

Omicron destroys all competition, on every level. Taste and potency are incredible with the right concentrates, not to mention it's significantly healthier and more cost-efficient than anything else you'll find.. you name it, Omicron wins. No regrets buying this device.

mod note: Please don't state opinions as facts, and since you've said that you're a newbie to concentrates, your opinion that this product is the best isn't the kind of opinion that we'd like to see here either.

funkin,

wthanna

Has anyone tried the Omicron with ISO hash yet? If so, what did you think. I know that there are quite a few people that will never risk making BHO, and this would probably be their best option.

wthanna,

Finnyous

I've been thinking about ordering one but I wanted to ask something first. THC scientific, you hinted that you might be coming out with new carts in the future, if I order the omicron now will the battery section always be compatible with whatever newer cartridges you release?

Finnyous,

DubCRider

I'm going to speak for THC and say yes. It would be dumb to force customers to buy a new pen to fit a new cart. Maybe a sleeker pen design will follow but that will be the customers choice to purchase.

DubCRider,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok, so I have no will power and I filled it and hit it! haha 2 small rips and I was pretty impressed with this device so far! A LOT more testing to come on 5.5 hours! :D

put that half g I was saving from the 2nd wash mixer batch i made in there. It was easy to load, I used the eye dropper method.

tastes good, i don't see any leakage. so far i'm impressed, but like i said real review to follow in a few hours after my shift.

weedemon,

Adobewan

Hi All,
Vaping for about a year and a half, just starting to take note of vape pens. In the last week or two I've spent considerable hours reading about the Omicron, the Atmosrx, the Ego, and the Ivapor/Tricky stick and the Omicron appears the best.
I'm concerned though that when I called all the Orange County locations on your list, none carry the Omicron anymore, they're promoting competitors like the Atmosrx and e-joint. Shared some complaints as well, the largest being they could not get refills .
Please let us OC brothers know what's going on?

I haven't really used oils, just flowers and wondered about the economics. Like many of us, I've found vaping stretches out the meds, so would like to know how much flower 1 g of oil represents?
I've also had great experiences dealing with growers rather than dispensaries, so any OC recommends on good sources to get oil without being gouged.

How would the Omicron compare to other portables like the Solo, the Iolite and MFLB?

Thanks to all in advance.

Adobewan,

franky2222

^^this is an hash oil vape with cartridges you can refill yourself and one gram can get you over 2-300 hits the iolite and mflb are for Herbs not oil ,,,,,mine still dint show up gota wait till next week:uhoh:

franky2222,

Adobewan

Thanks Franky, I understand the functional difference, oil vs flower, I use an Arizer Q, an Iolite, and an MFLB, but wanted to see if anyone who'd used any of these vaporizers might compare the experience with the Omicron. Also wanted to understand how much flower equals how much oil.
How much flower is used to produce one gram of oil?
If someone were to use flowers to medicate at a rate of 28 grams a month, how much oil would be the equivalent?
I understand the 2-300 hits per gram of oil, which sounds very impressive, but I've never counted the hits using flowers in the Iolite, and want to understand the economics of the oil pen and vaping flowers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Adobewan,

funkin

Adobewan said:
Thanks Franky, I understand the functional difference, oil vs flower, I use an Arizer Q, an Iolite, and an MFLB, but wanted to see if anyone who'd used any of these vaporizers might compare the experience with the Omicron. Also wanted to understand how much flower equals how much oil.
How much flower is used to produce one gram of oil?
If someone were to use flowers to medicate at a rate of 28 grams a month, how much oil would be the equivalent?
I understand the 2-300 hits per gram of oil, which sounds very impressive, but I've never counted the hits using flowers in the Iolite, and want to understand the economics of the oil pen and vaping flowers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I consumed roughly 28g of flower monthly prior to using my Omicron. After one week of heavy use (much more than normal for me), I went through 1g of puddy using my Omicron. I estimate that I'll be using roughly 3-5g of oil/puddy/wax per month.

While I paid roughly $280-320/mo for flowers, I'll be spending somewhere between $150-250/mo on oil and cartridges. Probably closer to $150-200 once I get over the initial wow-factor of playing with my new device. That's assuming I get my concentrates for $40/g, too. You can get hash oil as cheap as $18-22g from what I've seen, at least in SF. At that rate it's be more like $90-120/mo.

funkin,

weedemon

enthusiast
you get about a 10-20% return on your oil compared to starting weight of plant material.

so 28 g of bud would get you between 2.8-5.6 g's of oil (if you do it right and start with good product)
then it's all ratios. i don't weigh my dabs (i bet my scale isn't accurate enough), but tit would be interesting to see and convert it back into buds. since i got all about bho i bet my consumption has gone way way way up! :D

as for my review... still to come. :)

weedemon,

Adobewan

Thanks funkin and weedemon, very informative!

Having moved from flowers to oil, how much, if at all, do the effects differ?

I'm in So Cal and am fortunate enough to get my flowers directly from farmers so my flower costs are quite a bit lower than yours(life is good!).
Knowing that, would guys recommend making my own oil or is it a huge process? Wonder if any farmers produce oil as well? Need to look into that.

Thanks again for the quick replies!

Adobewan,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Weedemon, Please for the love of god be the first person not to mess up the first two cartridge haha

Cant wait for your review man.

Abode if you are going to move into oils just for this device i would suggest you dont. This device is not for the novice.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

franky2222

do you have any tips on how not to mess up the carts,i saw pretty much all the vids posted on you tube

franky2222,

DubCRider

Number one rule is don't heat the cart unless you have to. Get your oil inside using any method(the one daelic posted is money!). Prime it for 3-5 seconds and enjoy your clouds.

Putting a lighter or torch to any portion of the cartridge other than the mouthpiece(top "bucket" above the fill valleys) is the only way to fuck it up.

DubCRider,

weedemon

enthusiast
I should have also mentioned that i was talking about making bho in particular.

I'm gonna do a fresh run on some bho tomorrow and load up a 2nd cart. I have questions though

1. i assume i can fill many carts and have them all on the go of course, but I want to know, does it matter how long i wait before using one of the carts again?

2. can i lay this vape down on it's side when i have a loaded cart in it? I don't want to come back and see my oil spilled :( not willing to find out with an experiment either! lol

3. where do i get the paperwork for the vape and use/ tips? I know you have been very helpful with any q's i have had so far, but i just think it would be nice to see it written out. I know you said you were saving on paper and not mailing them out with it, I'm cool with that i guess, but at least online?

4. how longdoes it take to recharge the omicron? it's probably slower is you use hte usb insted of the wall adapter like my cell phone right? could you tell me the times they take please?

5. what happens to the battery life if i charge it to top it up before it's fully drained?

Thanks again!
i first hand thoughts on the vape. this is *not my review*

im ripped! lol not been hitting anything else than this omicron with the cartridge i filled with .5 of the 2nd wash mixer bho. i posted pics of it in the other thread i think. anyways it doesn't taste as good as i expected. I also never sampled it before loading it into the vape I should have saved a dab. to compare.

cannot put 2nd wash into a vape and expect it to taste like 1st wash afterall :p

to give this a fair chance though, I'm gonna load a 0.8 of my sensi star in a 2nd cart and see how that tastes :D (will save a dab too!)

OK, GOOD lord that tastes way better. like i remember the strain tasting. very nice job boys! :)

There will be a real review when i am less ripped :p

*edit: I just have to re-iterate... this tastes amazing in this vape! :ko: sorry guys lol im totally :ko: atm :p

2a5ja5l.jpg

weedemon,

franky2222

nice !!!!!!!!! now i really cant wait,,,weedemon are u in TO cause my vape dint come im in quebec

franky2222,

weedemon

enthusiast
nah not in toronto. im kinda close to T.O though.

I have a question.

My first cart tastes funky, and I'm not 100% sure if it's the oil, or the cart that has the taste. my 2nd cart is clean tasting and just tastes like my sensi star 1st wash it's fucking lovely! :D

weedemon,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
Number one rule is don't heat the cart unless you have to. Get your oil inside using any method(the one daelic posted is money!). Prime it for 3-5 seconds and enjoy your clouds.

Putting a lighter or torch to any portion of the cartridge other than the mouthpiece(top "bucket" above the fill valleys) is the only way to fuck it up.

Thanks Man....

good see yall and hangin a bit. I defintely appreciate the hospitality.

Got the hash oil working. it gets small clogs but hits ok. I did not want to get it too hot and have a better sipping technique now BUT, it seems if the unit gets hot after repeated hits it may have more tendency to have oil come out the tube and then require cleaning. Another friend hanging out had the omicron and some other carts filled with earwax etc and no problems. He filled a cart with the same exact concentrate ($20-25 Dark (black) hash oil from Elemental Wellness) and his was all clogged up and overflowing out the air tube same as mine. No such issues with the other 2 carts he has been rockin for a while now. Could this inexpensive oil get too thin when heated?

We filled up my 3rd cart with some OG Earwax from Elemental (Its red and its Steephill tested 72% THC) using the cake funnel technique which is awesome. much easier better and less messy than the eye dropper. I need to go to Michaels and home depot and pick up a funnel and a cute little torch.

Hits like a beast now. This concentrate tastes way way better than the cheaper dark oil and after hitting it way more than I ever hit the first two carts without any seepage what so ever.

DubC and company had a couple of concentrates loaded up at that taste even better than the OG. So CO2 earwax from elemental is a winner in this thing as well as most of the other conentrates our small group has tried with the exception of this cheap dark has oil. Its potent and cheap but I wont be buying any more of that concentrate for this device.

I'm thinking a real lemony smelling wax would be awesome. some good trainwreck or GC wax maybe.

Thanks to DubC and crew.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
Any time, It's a bit of a drive but you are always welcome!

Thanks Man..... Its not bad as I live with .5 mile of 280 and so dont you.

BTW: I got really ripped of thing last night when I got home and got the OG plenty warm and this morning everything is still clear and no cloggage. This device is gonna change some minds.

ru_frothi,

franky2222

im will be starting with isohash oil its dark black and gets pretty liquidy when heated,i will not put too much to avoid overflow/clogages

franky2222,

weedemon

enthusiast
Omicron vaporizer with Cartomizer's by THC Scientific

Contents:
2 omicron battery units (the main half of the vape)
box of cartomizers (the most important part of this system) *this consists of a set of: cartomizer, top plug, and a mouth piece.
a carrying case
1 usb charging cord, and a wall adapter to plug it in to as well
screw on heat shield for to cover the cartomizer base
white box with a cool logo on it for the THC Scientific company.

initial thoughts: When I heard that there was an e-cig that i can use to vape pure oil extracts and not have to add any "additives" I was pumped! I signed up for the pre order. 1 week later the item went live and 2 weeks after that I got it in the mail! From Cali - over to me here in ontario!

filling: I didn't have the supplies to use the funnel method, so i used the eye dropper. it is hard to do it cleanly. shove a wooden toothpick into the draw hole so you don't get any in there! :) I used a 0.5g lump of 2nd wash bho i was saving for use in the omi! :)

i used a blow torch to heat the cart up the first time. it has a funky taste now. but i think that was my bad i buggered up my first one. that said i only put in 2nd wash oil in the the first cart so i can't expect it to taste exactly amazing either. but it is funky i think it's because i burned the first cart by over heating it too much.

First use: press and wait 3 seconds, then release and wait for the light to go off. process and hit it for up to 7 seconds. when you hit it breathe very very softly this vape uses tiny airways. when you see the light flashing at you you need to stop holding the battery button it has a 7 second or so max blast time.

2nd try: this time i loaded the 2nd cart with 0.8 g of some 1st wash sensi star bho. I was careful not to overdo it with heating the cart this time. and now the flavour is amazing! it tastes exactly like the oil does in my eclipse if anything maybe even better because the taste isn't diminishing yet.

the next morning when i woke up: I went to hit it and the airway was now clogged. i warmed it for 6 seconds and let the light go out. then lit it again and started inhaling. it took a few sec but the clog came free. it's still going!

conclusion:

this is one hell of an oil vape! it give you very tasty tiny hoots but they are very surprisingly potent! in the course of a minute i think you could probably get 5-6 hits off it! going from 0 start time to one min i would be feeling good off 5 hits on this! will let you know how long the carts last, no way in hell i will be able to keep count of hits though haha. I'm amazed you guys could hit this thing and keep track still! :ko:

remember: primo oil in = primo taste coming out

Last night I had a lot of fun testing this vape out! I am totally all about bho and have been for coming up on over a month now. this vape is totally filling a niche that i could really do as easily before. I didn't use any other vapes all night and I was very comfortable lit up!

with this i feel a lot more portable. not having to worry about looking like im smoking meth (my eclipse pipe looks ghetto in use) if i want to use this in public. and using my curve out in the woods when im hiking around or out in public? haha forget it! I feel the eclipse's days are numbered now that i have this thing!

super money saving tip: want to buy the single for 140 after shipping?

buy the double kit for an extra 20 bucks, get the extra charger adapter, 10 bucks and a spare set of cartomizers 50 bucks, then sell it to your friend and split the cost of the whole setup! One of you wont get the carrying case. but otherwise... complete kit!

if you were holding off on this vape because you are unsure, I can tell you I am impressed and pleased with it! my main oil setup for a while now. not that the others haven't said this before me already though! but +1!

weedemon,

funkin

I just tested the frosting tip filling method. GENIUS!

I scraped my putty out of it's glass jar with a dental tool, stuck it in the funnel, torched.. Wa-la! All the putty is now in the cartridge.

I looked at the glass jar I used last time I filled a cartridge using the hot plate technique, and I had lost a small amount of the putty because it stuck to the jar and was difficult to scrape off. The jar I used this time was perfectly clean. Super efficient! I don't think I lost ANY putty!

Really awesome. Thank you so much, daelic.

funkin,
Top Bottom