• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Which option do I choose for Omicron V4?

I see a lot of references on the website for Omicron V5, what is the difference between v4 and v5?

The v5 is their newest version and it adds One additional low wattage setting to a total of 5 settings - the max is the same at 19w so one isn't necessarily more powerful than the other. However the flavour chasers might enjoy that extra low setting. I think it's like 6w or 7w. Also I believe it has a 12 second auto cut off whereas the v4 doesn't have one.

Not sure how many other differences there are.

mikek9,
Reactions: Morty

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks for the full rundown! v5 does not appeal to me at all but good to know.

I have been trying to fall in love with my v4 but admittedly remain somewhat unimpressed. After some troubleshooting on my original unit, support determined my battery was the failing point and they sent me a warranty replacement.

On Blue settings, the original battery would require a 10-15+ second presses just to produce wispy vapor. The replacement battery produces vapor in under 10 seconds, BUT is still so unsatisfying, thin and weak. In trying to make it work, I am pounding through material and feel like it is all wasted. The atomizer seems to do slightly better with shatter than wax, but I just anticipated a heavier hitter after following the thread and waiting as long to buy as I did.

Are my experiences unique? I am giving all my atomizers a bath right now to try again fresh, but feel it is wasted effort and materials.

Flavor is great though... Perhaps there is nothing wrong with my unit and it just is what it is, and maybe my expectations were set too high.

For what it is worth, my original v4 battery's button was clearish would glow when pressed, the replacement battery's button is silver and there is a small LED bulb above the button.

FlyingLow,

elmoe420

I have been trying to fall in love with my v4 but admittedly remain somewhat unimpressed. After some troubleshooting on my original unit, support determined my battery was the failing point and they sent me a warranty replacement.

On Blue settings, the original battery would require a 10-15+ second presses just to produce wispy vapor. The replacement battery produces vapor in under 10 seconds, BUT is still so unsatisfying, thin and weak. In trying to make it work, I am pounding through material and feel like it is all wasted. The atomizer seems to do slightly better with shatter than wax, but I just anticipated a heavier hitter after following the thread and waiting as long to buy as I did.

Are my experiences unique? I am giving all my atomizers a bath right now to try again fresh, but feel it is wasted effort and materials.

Flavor is great though... Perhaps there is nothing wrong with my unit and it just is what it is, and maybe my expectations were set too high.

For what it is worth, my original v4 battery's button was clearish would glow when pressed, the replacement battery's button is silver and there is a small LED bulb above the button.

I'll freely admit that I gave my Omicron v4 away almost immediately after buying it so I don't have a lot of first hand experience. However, I use the same coils on a variety of others mods and they produce nice dense vapor.

I would suggest slowly increasing the power setting and see if you get more desirable results on a higher power setting.

Also, for under 40$ you can get a nice battery mod capable of doing temperature control (check https://vapenw.com/evic-vtwo-mini). This is the absolute best way to operate the AC coils.

Lately I've been running 14w max, TCR 352 @ 370 F. Flavor and vapor production are both great. I hit mine through an Eric Ross En4cer and a 12 second cycle at temp produces more vapor than my lungs can comfortably hold.

Last edited:

elmoe420

I am on the highest setting the v4 has (blu)

Ok that is 19w which is way too high in my opinion. Something is definitely wrong. You should be getting huge hot clouds at that setting. I wouldn't even touch that much power personally.

Which coil are you using exactly (single or dual, ceramic or quartz, etc.)? Are you capable of measuring the coils resistance?

elmoe420,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I'll freely admit that I gave my Omicron v4 away almost immediately after buying it so I don't have a lot of first hand experience. However, I use the same coils on a variety of others mods and they produce nice dense vapor.

I would suggest slowly increasing the power setting and see if you get more desirable results on a higher power setting.

Also, for under 40$ you can get a nice battery mod capable of doing temperature control (check https://vapenw.com/evic-vtwo-mini). This is the absolute best way to operate the AC coils.

Lately I've been running 14w max, TCR 352 @ 370 F. Flavor and vapor production are both great. I hit mine through an Eric Ross En4cer and a 12 second cycle at temp produces more vapor than my lungs can comfortably hold.
What coils are you running and which do you prefer for flavor?

nosmoking,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Not sure what is going on but on blue setting wispy is not a way i would describe it.

Ok lets try to trouble shoot it.

Which coil are you using it with?

How much are you loading?

How fast are you inhaling?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have tried slow as fuck draw speeds barely moving air, and when frustrated some faster just breathing naturally.

Coils used have both been double ceramic coils, one came with the unit when purchased and the other was given to me from PIU. They are definitely heating, just not fast and definitely not high temp.

We had tried replacing the battery, but having tried two batteries with similar underperformance, I don't think that is the issue. With both my coils experiencing similar behavior, I am also doubtful they are both bad (especially because they do heat).

Could it perhaps be the adapter (with fins) that is between the atomizer and the battery? That is the only variable that has remained the same in every scenario. Might that piece be the bottleneck holding back my power? Has anyone ever reported a bad adapter before, or is it highly unlikely that is the culprit?

With shatter I load rice grains, flattened out a little bit to sit on top of the coils. Roughly it is a little wider than a singe coil, and the length is roughly the length of the coil portion wrapping around the ceramic. Admittedly in aggravation, I have made several attempts that were 2-3x that size in hopes of pulling a big rip. I tried wax loads the same size, but it is even less effective.

I have not yet tried the v4 with isolate or clear, as I just did not want to waste the material.

FlyingLow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I have tried slow as fuck draw speeds barely moving air, and when frustrated some faster just breathing naturally.

Coils used have both been double ceramic coils, one came with the unit when purchased and the other was given to me from PIU. They are definitely heating, just not fast and definitely not high temp.

We had tried replacing the battery, but having tried two batteries with similar underperformance, I don't think that is the issue. With both my coils experiencing similar behavior, I am also doubtful they are both bad (especially because they do heat).

Could it perhaps be the adapter (with fins) that is between the atomizer and the battery? That is the only variable that has remained the same in every scenario. Might that piece be the bottleneck holding back my power? Has anyone ever reported a bad adapter before, or is it highly unlikely that is the culprit?

With shatter I load rice grains, flattened out a little bit to sit on top of the coils. Roughly it is a little wider than a singe coil, and the length is roughly the length of the coil portion wrapping around the ceramic. Admittedly in aggravation, I have made several attempts that were 2-3x that size in hopes of pulling a big rip. I tried wax loads the same size, but it is even less effective.

I have not yet tried the v4 with isolate or clear, as I just did not want to waste the material.

Do you happen to have a multimeter?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: slozukimc

slozukimc

Have you tried the 5 second on, brief pause, 5 on, etc. until you get enough method? The coils don't heat up to red hot immediately. They take some time and won't get red hot when used right.
With the cap off what does the coil look and sound like when you hold down the button for a bit?
Seeing you have tried 2 batteries and 2 coils and there is nothing but a solid pin in the AC base there isn't much left to fix but technique.

slozukimc,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Not sure what is going on but on blue setting wispy is not a way i would describe it.

Ok lets try to trouble shoot it.

Which coil are you using it with?

How much are you loading?

How fast are you inhaling?

I agree that in blue, even a 0.05 loaded with proper technique will produce a lung busting hit.

I use mine often on green and get huge clouds and flavourful vapour. As in, to the point you fill your lungs up and have to cough like when taking huge dabs.

I honest to goodness have not picked up my dab rig in the last couple months for the last 3-4 months since I got the v4s (I have two sizes, one of he biggest and one of the smallest for short trips out of the house). They both produce milky thick hits.

It takes some technique to get the optimal hit and flavour, but to be honest if you just put it on blue with say two or even three 10 second presses (this is not advised) you "shouldn't" be able to finish it if you put a 0.1 or so in there depending on your lung capacity and concentrate experience though. This should make crazy thick vapour. You can even hold the button longer than 10 seconds on the previous v4s, but again this is also not recommended.

I am wondering if you just got 2 bad coils. Sometimes hints in manufacturing go wrong at the "batch" level and have 2 or even 10 pieces from the same batch isn't enough to tell if something is working properly. It has to be tried with another piece or two from a totally different batch made at a different time someone's even two or three different batches to really be sure.

You might just have two coils from the same bad batch.

I bet your problem is the batch of coils being faulty, maybe not the battery since it has already been replaced. Also I have never seen a v4 with an opaque battery button and LED indicator. Maybe that is a v5?

Lastly is technique as I mentioned. The 5 seconds on, off for a second, 5 seconds back on, off for another second and 5 seconds back on and so on is the best method balancing hit quality and potency with longer coil life.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I will dig around tomorrow and find one.

Please do as this will help us figure it out asap.

I am simply at loss at to what could be the issue unless we check the coil and base to see where the issue is when it comes to getting things to work properly.

My guess is that there is some loss between the batter and the coil, and it could very well be the base but without a meter we cant be for certain the issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

slozukimc

I agree that in blue, even a 0.05 loaded with proper technique will produce a lung busting hit.

I use mine often on green and get huge clouds and flavourful vapour. As in, to the point you fill your lungs up and have to cough like when taking huge dabs.

I honest to goodness have not picked up my dab rig in the last couple months for the last 3-4 months since I got the v4s (I have two sizes, one of he biggest and one of the smallest for short trips out of the house). They both produce milky thick hits.

It takes some technique to get the optimal hit and flavour, but to be honest if you just put it on blue with say two or even three 10 second presses (this is not advised) you "shouldn't" be able to finish it if you put a 0.1 or so in there depending on your lung capacity and concentrate experience though. This should make crazy thick vapour. You can even hold the button longer than 10 seconds on the previous v4s, but again this is also not recommended.

I am wondering if you just got 2 bad coils. Sometimes hints in manufacturing go wrong at the "batch" level and have 2 or even 10 pieces from the same batch isn't enough to tell if something is working properly. It has to be tried with another piece or two from a totally different batch made at a different time someone's even two or three different batches to really be sure.

You might just have two coils from the same bad batch.

I bet your problem is the batch of coils being faulty, maybe not the battery since it has already been replaced. Also I have never seen a v4 with an opaque battery button and LED indicator. Maybe that is a v5?

Lastly is technique as I mentioned. The 5 seconds on, off for a second, 5 seconds back on, off for another second and 5 seconds back on and so on is the best method balancing hit quality and potency with longer coil life.

The different button is the upgraded v4. It takes care of faulty buttons found on some v4's. Much nicer look and feel than the original plastic button. Nice job @THC SCIENTIFIC

slozukimc,
Reactions: FlyingLow

FUnhouse

An update of my Situation
@THC SCIENTIFIC went out of his way to help me out and try to find the problem with my AC 1
We could not find the problem,
I ended up getting a new AC .
I was upset the service when this started and they proved me wrong and did everything they could to take care of the situation .

So Once again thanks to everyone who offered help and tips and thanks to @THC SCIENTIFIC and Ralph for everything .

FUnhouse,
Reactions: elmoe420

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
An update of my Situation
@THC SCIENTIFIC went out of his way to help me out and try to find the problem with my AC 1
We could not find the problem,
I ended up getting a new AC .
I was upset the service when this started and they proved me wrong and did everything they could to take care of the situation .

So Once again thanks to everyone who offered help and tips and thanks to @THC SCIENTIFIC and Ralph for everything .

Thank you for the kind words, i promise you what you will get back will get you up and running asap.

I will dig around tomorrow and find one.

Where you able to find a meter? if no do you have a mod that can check resistance of the coils when cold?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I found something... not sure where to touch the pointy leads for a reading. not certain how to work this but I will post up a pick of my meter in the morning.

Pardon the sporadicalness of my posts, My wife is about to have surgery tomorrow and I have been 100% focused on keeping her comfortable... but I will try to post up some readings tomorrow.

FlyingLow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I found something... not sure where to touch the pointy leads for a reading. not certain how to work this but I will post up a pick of my meter in the morning.

Pardon the sporadicalness of my posts, My wife is about to have surgery tomorrow and I have been 100% focused on keeping her comfortable... but I will try to post up some readings tomorrow.

It is not an issue and if she uses a vaporizer let me know and we can get this fixed asap so she doesn't have to spend a second longer in pain.

Last edited:

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
i see all these posts about a V5 battery, which i feel i really need, but don't see any place to get one
Wassup with that V5?
Will i be able to trade in a V4 900w battery i got from PUI?
I always get way too high and forget to turn off the unit, so it heats up in my pockets and burns the shit outta me lol
I really need that 12 second shut off, and that lower temp, since i'm always using the yellow and purple setting.
Also want to see more reviews of that Canopus and Sirius coils, if anyone can offer any?

DreamHaze,
Reactions: Morty

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
i see all these posts about a V5 battery, which i feel i really need, but don't see any place to get one
Wassup with that V5?
Will i be able to trade in a V4 900w battery i got from PUI?
I always get way too high and forget to turn off the unit, so it heats up in my pockets and burns the shit outta me lol
I really need that 12 second shut off, and that lower temp, since i'm always using the yellow and purple setting.
Also want to see more reviews of that Canopus and Sirius coils, if anyone can offer any?

Please submit a ticket and we can see what we can do.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom