Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Omicron v5 batteries are now available to be purchased with Kiss AC v2

The batteries include 5 different watt settings and a 12 second timer on them.

6 watts, 9 watts, 13 watts 16 watts 19 watts.

You can now use most of the prefilled carts at the lowest setting of 6 watts and the 9 watts. Depending on which cart you have, may not work with all carts but it should work with most.

As always we will begin rolling out the v5 batteries in our warranty program soon. No one left behind.
It's fantastic news to hear you've increased compatibility so that the Omicron V5 can power pre-filled cartridges, and the 12 second safety timer coming back- nicely done.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
How does that warranty program work on these?

Thanks!

The new batteries will be implemented into our warranty program soon, meaning if there is an issue with the battery that is caused by a manufacturers defect we will replaced.

It's fantastic news to hear you've increased compatibility so that the Omicron V5 can power pre-filled cartridges, and the 12 second safety timer coming back- nicely done.

Thank you Sam. Much appreciated.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: toros23

slozukimc

Here is my "Micro" Nibbler AC Omicron setup.
Z5lG0Uw.jpg
IiAwfVX.jpg
9UMtiMQ.jpg

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
@THC SCIENTIFIC
Thank you for being so active in the community and supporting all your customers. The support I have witnessed in this thread is one of the main reasons why I bought your product, x2 to be exact - I got the smallest size V4 for being out and about running errands or events like concerts and etc and the largest V4 for at home or when travelling. I was hoping you could please help me out with 2 quick things. So I recently disassembled the larger v4 with the AC as I was getting clogged air pathways every time. I know that just 2 seconds of heat and pulling works so it never stopped me from using it, but I just figured after a month or so if that it's time to clean it. Which I have done a few times before without issue. I use 99% ISO and remove all the o-rings and suck and carefully place the 3 pieces (cover and mouthpiece, coil cart and adapter to 510) in a ziplock with a bit of ISO and shake it while walking around for about 10 mins. This was pretty gunky with resin so it looked clean after, but I let it dry and it was still slightly sticky to the touch so I gave it another 5 mins or so of a wash with fresh ISO and that did the trick. Here is what the components looked like just after dissembling them:

qsC3ddn.jpg

pelcGgH.jpg

So that was the backstory, the problem? After it dried and I reassembled it I applied some low power pulses to burn off any residual compounds/solvents and etc. Normally when doing it before it would put out the smallest and really thin bit of smoke/vapor that was likely some leftover ISO or something. This time however I got a consistent spewing of vapour and pretty thick too for maybe a minute and then it tapered off for the next minute to eventually nothing was visible and likely burning clean again.

However, when I examined the coils they look like there is some reside on them and also some white, titaniuam dioxide, looking matter that seems to be embedded in the coils. I jump straight to Ti dioxide because I have used various, all of the highest quality and American made, Titanium nails for the last 8 years or so, essentially since they hit the market en masse.

So many people don't know as is evident in their posts and YouTube videos that the white stuff slowly appearing with greater and greater coverage right where they drop their dabs is Titanium Dioxide and not good for their health. It is considered a potential carcinogenic compound, but is still found in deoderant and sunscreens. However, I think it's safety has only been studies topically which is why it is allowed in sown products.

With Titanium nails, Ti dioxide was easy I deal with because if you had a dremel and the right grit available you could easily clean in all off as it is a coating that build up on the outside. So you aren't really even sanding the Titanium itself, just the residue that's bonded to it. Ufortauntely I never had a dremel, but with 3 different grits from 150-500 I managed to keep my oldest nail the Highly Educated V2 in tip top shape.

So, sorry for the lengthy post, but my question is, is this likely what I have going on with my coil and should I just through it away and start with a new one? It's unfortunate as I am really careful with using them and it likely had lots of life left in them. Here is the picture below of what I believe is the Titanium Dioxide on my Ti Gr2 dual coil original AC cartridge:

mYiuqpp.jpg

7aHfo04.jpg

Thank you so much for your sincerity and support. Also if anyone else in the community has input I would love to hear from you guys too. Thanks again everyone.

Not sure if I am supposed to post a link here but there is an Omicron on eBay that ends in 15 hours. Brand new and starts at 40 bucks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272567909667

Hope this save someone some hard earned cash.

Mike

The now "old" v4s have been on clear out for a few months now. I got the smallest size and biggest for a stellar deal during a sale direct from W9Tech with full warranty. An eBay resold product 95% of the time doesn't have warranty as they are not authorized resellers of the products. You have I provide W9 tech with a copy of your receipt I would think for warranty claims. I have never had to do one yet so I don't really know the process.

Also there is a possibility of it being a fake or used because the pictures on the site show it packaged, but then also opened. It also shows china as the manufacturing country and they are single biggest source of knock offs so I would be weary.

mikek9,

slozukimc

That looks like the coil is not clean and there is ash building up as the gunk burns off. Try heating the ISO when you clean your coils. There is a guide on the W9tech site.

"Also there is a possibility of it being a fake or used because the pictures on the site show it packaged, but then also opened. It also shows china as the manufacturing country and they are single biggest source of knock offs so I would be weary."

Omicrons are made in China. W9tech glass is USA made but the rest is sourced in China. If I remember correctly that vape was likely one that G donated to help the Vets.

slozukimc,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Let me try again. I can't see the pics here.
4KLCZ
yBKy0

Can anyone else see them?

Nope, definitely can't see the images. Looks like they do when the links for them go down after some time.

I was under the assumption that they have outsourced some or all production to China, but I was more referring to unofficial reproductions as are commonplace in that end of the world and they often come packaged and all just like the originals do in America.

However, my more significant point I wanted to point out is what I would see as a lack of warranty on your product after it has been resold by an unauthorized agent. That lifetime warranty that W9Tech offers is truly the pinnacle of their warranty program and is what makes them so we trusted.

You know, I am actually quite surprise at the amount of people that are into concentrates heavily and have never heard of the omicron. I knew about them from maybe 10-12 years ago when I first started using cannabis derivatives medicinally and have kept a close eye on their products and the faithful consumers that praise them until I finally needed one. I like it so much I bought two, one of the largest size and another of the smallest for more discrete outings. Not to mention those ceramic doughnuts are the bees knees of getting as much concentrate in their as possible when used in my KISS Gen3 cartridge which has some room to accommodate them. Currently I have 2 stacked in there for some ultimate wicking action.

Also, Thanks for the input about what might be up with my coils. I did as well notice that they were a little gunked up as a good 4 grams of so of shatter was run through there over the time I have had it. I probably even overloaded slightly at times when playing with potential max capacity and such. Which is likely why the parts got so gunked up with residue. The ash idea is a good one and I think my next step will just be to soak the heating cartridge itself as the they parts are more than clean and see if I can get more of the residue off.

And i was definitely following the exact cleaning procedures from their site, but don't remember anywhere that it said to assemble pieces still wet with ISO back onto the battery and burn it off. It does however say that after drying it for 24 hours to reassemble and then with short light wattage pulses to run it and burn off any residual solvents like the ISO which is where you get a little vapour for a few seconds usually and then it stops and burns clean - this is what happened the first time I cleaned it.

@THC SCIENTIFIC
I was hoping if you have some time if you can look at my post above about the white residue on the coils after a thorough cleaning and lend a suggestion or two. Mainly should I just toss this one and start with a new one which I have anyway, but I would rather not prematurely throw out a still proper heat generating coil. If it is Titanium Dioxide then likely it's pooched, but what could of caused it as it hasn't come into contact with any water which has been suggested to be a culprit in past readings as water has a plentiful amount of oxygen available to help further oxidize the Titanium. The concentrates are honestly the highest quality or close to of what is available on the Canadian market. Never a sizzle or anything in the nail and they stay stable for months and months. I have never seen any change in them from my one distributor.

Or is this just ash from residue that has not been properly cleaned off enough. I only ever use 99% ISO as well which is pretty effective. Maybe I just need to soak the coil itself overnight? I know your instructions mentioned 30 minute washes I believe.

mikek9,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Nope, definitely can't see the images. Looks like they do when the links for them go down after some time.

I was under the assumption that they have outsourced some or all production to China, but I was more referring to unofficial reproductions as are commonplace in that end of the world and they often come packaged and all just like the originals do in America.

However, my more significant point I wanted to point out is what I would see as a lack of warranty on your product after it has been resold by an unauthorized agent. That lifetime warranty that W9Tech offers is truly the pinnacle of their warranty program and is what makes them so we trusted.

You know, I am actually quite surprise at the amount of people that are into concentrates heavily and have never heard of the omicron. I knew about them from maybe 10-12 years ago when I first started using cannabis derivatives medicinally and have kept a close eye on their products and the faithful consumers that praise them until I finally needed one. I like it so much I bought two, one of the largest size and another of the smallest for more discrete outings. Not to mention those ceramic doughnuts are the bees knees of getting as much concentrate in their as possible when used in my KISS Gen3 cartridge which has some room to accommodate them. Currently I have 2 stacked in there for some ultimate wicking action.

Also, Thanks for the input about what might be up with my coils. I did as well notice that they were a little gunked up as a good 4 grams of so of shatter was run through there over the time I have had it. I probably even overloaded slightly at times when playing with potential max capacity and such. Which is likely why the parts got so gunked up with residue. The ash idea is a good one and I think my next step will just be to soak the heating cartridge itself as the they parts are more than clean and see if I can get more of the residue off.

And i was definitely following the exact cleaning procedures from their site, but don't remember anywhere that it said to assemble pieces still wet with ISO back onto the battery and burn it off. It does however say that after drying it for 24 hours to reassemble and then with short light wattage pulses to run it and burn off any residual solvents like the ISO which is where you get a little vapour for a few seconds usually and then it stops and burns clean - this is what happened the first time I cleaned it.

@THC SCIENTIFIC
I was hoping if you have some time if you can look at my post above about the white residue on the coils after a thorough cleaning and lend a suggestion or two. Mainly should I just toss this one and start with a new one which I have anyway, but I would rather not prematurely throw out a still proper heat generating coil. If it is Titanium Dioxide then likely it's pooched, but what could of caused it as it hasn't come into contact with any water which has been suggested to be a culprit in past readings as water has a plentiful amount of oxygen available to help further oxidize the Titanium. The concentrates are honestly the highest quality or close to of what is available on the Canadian market. Never a sizzle or anything in the nail and they stay stable for months and months. I have never seen any change in them from my one distributor.

Or is this just ash from residue that has not been properly cleaned off enough. I only ever use 99% ISO as well which is pretty effective. Maybe I just need to soak the coil itself overnight? I know your instructions mentioned 30 minute washes I believe.

I do apologize my late replay as lately because of my health I am not around to answer questions.

The residue can be a few things but after cleaning if it does not come off i would suggest you toss it, but before you toss it do a experiment for me.

Dunk the unit in iso for 24 hours to soften up the residue then take a toothpick and see if you can take it off, I am interested to see how the coil looks under that.

Like i said i cant say what it is without having a lab take a look at it but im sure we can narrow it down with a simple toothpick and 24 hours.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
I do apologize my late replay as lately because of my health I am not around to answer questions.

The residue can be a few things but after cleaning if it does not come off i would suggest you toss it, but before you toss it do a experiment for me.

Dunk the unit in iso for 24 hours to soften up the residue then take a toothpick and see if you can take it off, I am interested to see how the coil looks under that.

Like i said i cant say what it is without having a lab take a look at it but im sure we can narrow it down with a simple toothpick and 24 hours.

Sorry about your Health and I sure hope things improve sooner than later for you. I know all too well the trials we go through with any chronic disease or acute illness.

I will definitely do the 24 soak tonight and get back to you with the results.

Definitely I agree, if what you are thinking, the potential Titanium Dioxide would not even come close to coming off with ISO and a toothpick no matter how long you soaked it. It bonds and essentially becomes one with the Titanium beneath. Nails can be easily cleaned of this as their surface is usually smooth and accessible, coils I would imagine would be next to impossible to clean. Also, with the Ti dioxide in nails, if accessible, needs to be carefully sanded off with proper respiratory safety equipment.

mikek9,

slozukimc

Be gentle with your toothpick and I believe you will find that the crust that is still on the coil is carbon buildup that is burning and turning to ash.
The uptech coils will take a lot of abuse and even after dry firing them the only way I have seen anything that resembles oxidation on the coils is when I rinsed with water and fired the coil to clean it. I have burnt up two by getting them too hot burning them off several times.
I have used low quality product in mine and had the exact same look on the coils as well as the gunk leaking into the base. The leaking is from overloading. I like to overload the hell out of mine at times and it makes a mess just like that but I load it less often. Also seems like that happens if you load it up before carrying it in your pocket.(I suggest a small hard case if you can so you don't have a mess or a burn on your leg but that is another issue altogether.) Hence the reason the Herc sr-71 is my daily now.
I was usually able to clean the buildup off like G said to do. I have soaked coils in ISO for days and the only bad thing I have noticed is that the white insulators tend to harden up some.
I don't know how you are heating your ISO or if it is hot enough. It looks like there is still a dark ring in the bottom of your cup that tells me they were not thoroughly cleaned. I use a small mason jar with the parts just covered with ISO on a coffee warmer. I let the ISO get hot enough to where there are bubbles coming off the parts until they look clean. That seems to work wonders on the harder to clean stuff. Always allow the jar to cool before opening it or you will burn the hell out of yourself. I don't rinse with distilled water either. I rinse with clean ISO and let them air dry overnight or set them on my coffee warmer until they are dry if I need them sooner. Next step will be an ultrasonic cleaner with purple power cleaner and water. That should make them like new again.
Hope this helps ya get them clean. Good luck man!

slozukimc,
Reactions: mixchu69

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I believe it is carbon build up but without proper equipment to test and the lack of any laboratory to test a coil that was used maybe questionably is basically no not possible.

All we can do is just minor tests that can help lead us in the right direction.

As for my illness thank you for the kind wishes and i also hope that it improves. I guess we shall see next few months if it is possible or if i need surgery, but lets not worry about that now. My focus is still to our supporters and friends.

As a side note i forgot to mention that within the last few days we have reduced our prices and are looking to increase our production to reduce it even further.

slozukimc

As a side note i forgot to mention that within the last few days we have reduced our prices and are looking to increase our production to reduce it even further.

Wow! Those are some amazing price drops! Will the price be staying the same for the old sr-71's? I might pick one up for spare parts for the right price.

Thanks again for the awesome support. Got the msg from Ralph about the items I asked about being scrapped. Bummer.

slozukimc,

FUnhouse

I have been using an Alpha Centauri.
It has developed a problem . The battery will randomly stop seeing the atomizer .
I have done a bunch of troubleshooting , Tried different batteries , and many different atomizers, I have thoroughly cleaned the Alpha almost daily and the problem continues . I have used other atomizers on both batteries and EVERYTHING BUT THE ALPHA CENTAURI WORKS EVERY TIME.
I have tried every troubleshooting tip I could find .

I called W9 and spoke to Ralph who offered NO SUPPORT . Did not give me any suggestions of how to fix it at all .And in fact seemed to have NO knowledge of the product at all.
When I asked why he had no knowledge of the product at all he had no answer .
When I asked him if I could speak with someone with some knowledge of the product he said no.

I had recently purchased some parts for the Alpha . they have not yet been delivered .
I asked Ralph if I could return the parts unopened and get a new alpha instead which was actually less money then the parts I purchased., and not asking for a refund . He said no.

After having to argue with whoever Ralph was texting .
I am sending my products back unopened and hoping for a refund and moving on .
I am very frustrated and am looking for a new system .
Any suggestions?

FUnhouse,

waxdab23

I have been using an Alpha Centauri.
It has developed a problem . The battery will randomly stop seeing the atomizer .
I have done a bunch of troubleshooting , Tried different batteries , and many different atomizers, I have thoroughly cleaned the Alpha almost daily and the problem continues . I have used other atomizers on both batteries and EVERYTHING BUT THE ALPHA CENTAURI WORKS EVERY TIME.
I have tried every troubleshooting tip I could find .

I called W9 and spoke to Ralph who offered NO SUPPORT . Did not give me any suggestions of how to fix it at all .And in fact seemed to have NO knowledge of the product at all.
When I asked why he had no knowledge of the product at all he had no answer .
When I asked him if I could speak with someone with some knowledge of the product he said no.

I had recently purchased some parts for the Alpha . they have not yet been delivered .
I asked Ralph if I could return the parts unopened and get a new alpha instead which was actually less money then the parts I purchased., and not asking for a refund . He said no.

After having to argue with whoever Ralph was texting .
I am sending my products back unopened and hoping for a refund and moving on .
I am very frustrated and am looking for a new system .
Any suggestions?

How long had you been using the coil? How many grams?

When you say you've cleaned it daily - how were you doing that?

Sounds like the coil is burned out. Did you try pulling out the pin a little?

waxdab23,

FUnhouse

How long had you been using the coil? How many grams?

When you say you've cleaned it daily - how were you doing that?

Sounds like the coil is burned out. Did you try pulling out the pin a little?

Thanks
Its not a coil problem I have tested many coils . it is a problem with the Alpha Centuri base .
When I say I clean it I mean the base and the pin inside.

FUnhouse,

waxdab23

Thanks
Its not a coil problem I have tested many coils . it is a problem with the Alpha Centuri base .

Ah gotchya, I misunderstood. Surprised W9 didn't get you straightened out - they're usually pretty good with that.

waxdab23,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Thanks

When you say you spoke to Ralph at W9Tech and he was not helpful and had little to no product knowledge I have to question if you presented enough information in the first place and what your tone was like when communicating? I have dealt with them/him many times and they have always been very good at taking care of my issues and going over and above to take care of me on multiple occasions. They have excellent service and if it is not working and the terms of the warranty have been followed they should be offering for you to send in your unit for repair I think. I'm not sure if just the batteries are warrantied as the AC Cart is just an adapter and mouthpiece/cover with a coil which only has a 24 hour warranty before being loaded. You might want to clarify.

The only other thing is to consider your tone when talking to customer service. When you call and are irate and rude or anything like that you can't expect the customer service representative to go over and above anymore for you. An honest and upstanding company would still honour their warranties and help you regardless of how much difficulty you give them or how rude they are. They could disconnect the call if you are being totally out of line which in some circumstances is fair as people on the phone can be quite unruly, but if you call back apologetically and try to work with them and comply with their requirements they should help you in any way they can within the spectrum of what you are eligible for. As in warranty for manufacturers defect? Yes. Warranty for a tampered with product or altered in any way? No. That's the way I see it anyway.

You don't seem to provide much info on how the context of your conversation went and are quick to discredit the W9Tech support for which is one of their more highly recognized facilities, but also you name the kind and gentle, laid back and heartwarming reresentative that usually or always answers the phone and has always been helpful and more than knowledgeable in any of my dealings in the past. I have never read anything bad at all about their service at all and am certain other member would agree.

I have a feeling you may have been rude or inflammatory in some way when talking to them. I would suggest trying again and attempt to clear the negative air that has been stirred up in your past dealings if that was the case.

mikek9,
Top Bottom