Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Caligula

Maximus
The Hercules kills batteries like no other. Invest in a couple off sets and a quality charger. Get AW brand or Efest brand batteries too. Don't get surefires or other crappy units. even the stock generics that came with my Persei couldn't cut it.

Caligula,

aphex91

I just ordered an O-Phos, and was wondering if I can use it with e-cig liquid. I'm new to oils/waxes but I love my Vaporbros box vape for herbs. I can't wait to try it out.

aphex91,
Reactions: OF

OF

I just ordered an O-Phos, and was wondering if I can use it with e-cig liquid. I'm new to oils/waxes but I love my Vaporbros box vape for herbs. I can't wait to try it out.

Howdy. Welcome to the forum, good luck with the O-Phos, I'm sure you'll like it. A solid, mature product.

You can do 'juice' with them, but not with the Extract Carts that come with the unit. They are for oils and waxes and have a separate heater to melt them that will screw up e-cig juice. You want one of the 'tank' systems D9 sells for this use:
http://www.w9tech.com/cartridges/

Be sure to read up on loading the Omicron carts before you do, it's easy enough but you have to follow the drill if you want good results with no leaks.

Best wishes.

OF

mollee

Hi everyone!
I am very new to oils & waxes and am currently loving BHO. I am very interested in the Omicron, but even after perusing these boards & reading the user manual online, I'm still pretty confused. If my questions are way too elemental, just tell me to bugger off! ;)
I see that the cartridge holds a gram, which is from 200-400 hits. However, is it true that the cartridge is to be tossed after that & a new one must be used? If so, do most of you keep a "stash" of new cartridges on hand as a result?
Also, if leaking is common, does it need to be kept upright?
Thanks for any help to this concentrate newbie!! :)

mollee,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi everyone!
I am very new to oils & waxes and am currently loving BHO. I am very interested in the Omicron, but even after perusing these boards & reading the user manual online, I'm still pretty confused. If my questions are way too elemental, just tell me to bugger off! ;)
I see that the cartridge holds a gram, which is from 200-400 hits. However, is it true that the cartridge is to be tossed after that & a new one must be used? If so, do most of you keep a "stash" of new cartridges on hand as a result?
Also, if leaking is common, does it need to be kept upright?
Thanks for any help to this concentrate newbie!! :)
I don't own one of UP Tech's products but I did a fair bit of reading on them before getting an oil pen.

Depending on the quality of your concentrate (and it should be quality to get the most out of the Omicron), you can reuse them a few times. I see 2-3 as a common range for a single cart use. Once the taste fouls up or it starts to clog out, the next cart loaded should be a new one. Let your taste buds be the judge!

Drop a small dab on some foil and hit it with a lighter underneath. It should just puddle and vaporize off, leaving very little (if any really) residue. If it turns black and crisps, it'll do the same inside of your Omi cart, and whatever oil that hasn't vaporized yet will eventually need to be salvaged (if you want to keep vaping it anyways).

Wish I could answer your leaking question... someone'll be around!

mollee

I don't own one of UP Tech's products but I did a fair bit of reading on them before getting an oil pen.

Depending on the quality of your concentrate (and it should be quality to get the most out of the Omicron), you can reuse them a few times. I see 2-3 as a common range for a single cart use. Once the taste fouls up or it starts to clog out, the next cart loaded should be a new one. Let your taste buds be the judge!

Drop a small dab on some foil and hit it with a lighter underneath. It should just puddle and vaporize off, leaving very little (if any really) residue. If it turns black and crisps, it'll do the same inside of your Omi cart, and whatever oil that hasn't vaporized yet will eventually need to be salvaged (if you want to keep vaping it anyways).

Wish I could answer your leaking question... someone'll be around!
You're awesome, thanks!! :D

If I could get 2-3 uses per cartridge, that sounds pretty good. I realized pretty quickly that the Persei is pretty sophisticated for a new concentrates user, so this one appeals to me.

I see that they offer a 5-pack of cartridges for $50, so that would last awhile! ;)

Appreciate your help very much!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
You're awesome, thanks!! :D

If I could get 2-3 uses per cartridge, that sounds pretty good. I realized pretty quickly that the Persei is pretty sophisticated for a new concentrates user, so this one appeals to me.

I see that they offer a 5-pack of cartridges for $50, so that would last awhile! ;)

Appreciate your help very much!

Yes and the new LAyG system is gonna be even better.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I want to announce that we have introduced something that is unheard of in this industry.

Intentional Damage Repair.

Intentional Damage Repair

If for any reason you decide to break it, bend it, run over it with a steam roller we don’t care what you decide to do as long as its recognizable as a Ophos, Omicron Lite, Omicron v2.xx Vaporizer or Persei Vaporizer and has all the parts that will complete the unit then we will replace it for service fee + shipping per claim. The parts that we will be replace in your warranty claim if found defective includes the top without an LCD display, middle tube and bottom cap. We reserve the right to substitute a product with another of equal and or greater value or equal and or greater performance if the original product is not available.

Service Fees

• Ophos Vaporizer - $15
  • Omicron Lite - $20
  • Omicron V2.xx Vaporizer $45
  • Persei Vaporizer $65

OF

If for any reason you decide to break it, bend it, run over it with a steam roller we don’t care what you decide to do as long as its recognizable as a Ophos, Omicron Lite, Omicron v2.xx Vaporizer or Persei Vaporizer and has all the parts that will complete the unit then we will replace it for service fee + shipping per claim.
  • Ophos Vaporizer - $15
  • Omicron Lite - $20

This is great! It answers the age old 'what if the battery dies' issue in spades. Smash it with a hammer and send it and twenty bucks in for a new one?

Cool.

OF

poonman

Wow , sounds good .

So for instance ;
My Omicron Light's battery is slowing down or Not holding it's charge anymore .
I can do damage to it and send it in for a replacement ( Omi-Lite ) for $ 20 + shipping fees ?
Basically getting a new Omicron Light for $ 20 + shipping fees ?

Please clarify .

poonman,
Reactions: OF

OF

Wow , sounds good .

So for instance ;
I can do damage to it and send it in for a replacement ( Omi-Lite ) for $ 20 + shipping fees ?

Please clarify .

I believe that's what G just confirmed. From his post I got the impression the 'don't ask, don't tell' rules say that they won't even ask you 'why didn't you smash it what a hammer'? Give them the old one and the bucks and stand by.

Quite a deal, IMO. All the more reason to buy an OL for backup IMO. Gives you something to fall back on, and it's now sure to be a solid performer or $20 will make it so. A good thing to have for loaning out, special occasions and that possible dark day in the future when your Persei has to go to the shop?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Wow , sounds good .

So for instance ;

Please clarify .

What this means is this.

I also would like to apologize the prices where wrong.

If for any reason you decide to break it, bend it, run over it with a steam roller we don’t care what you decide to do as long as its recognizable as a Omicron Lite or Ophos Vaporizer and has all the parts that will complete the unit then we will replace it for service fee + shipping per claim. The parts that we will be replace in your warranty claim if found defective includes the top without an LCD display, middle tube and bottom cap. We reserve the right to substitute a product with another of equal and or greater value or equal and or greater performance if the original product is not available. The Intentional Repair Warranty does not extend your original warranty it only replaces your unit, and carrying over the original warranty without any extensions.

Example - If you have 6 months warranty left on your unit and you decide to use the vaporizer as a hammer and break it, what you do is purchase a Intentional Damage Repair and your original warranty now carries over to the new battery. At the end you still have 6 months left.

Example - If you have no warranty left on your vaporizer then purchasing this will only get you a new vaporizer with a 1 year warranty against manufacturers defects from date of purchase. Does not include back orders or pre orders. If you decide to damage your unit again you will need to re purchase a Intentional Damage Repair service again.

Service fees Per Incident

• Omicron Lite Vaporizer $30
  • O-phos Vaporizer $30
  • Omicron V2.xx $45
  • Persei Vaporizer $65

poonman

The back up idea is good , but I would be more than satisfy if I just get a new Omicron Light for
the old one .

Either way , it's More than fair for a straight swap for a newer Omi-lite . It seems to me .
I won't even do damage to the old one , maybe they can salvage and get it working perfect again .

So $ 20 + shipping fee for one way ( aprox. $ 20 - $ 30 ) = $ 50
For a new Omi-lite ....hmmmm .

edit ;
I'm more confused now .
I bought this in March this year , I still have warranty . I think .
I just want a newer Omi-lite , the old one is losing battery power and/or bad red light connection with the usb plug . I def. don't want to spend full price for another one .

Last edited:
poonman,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The back up idea is good , but I would be more than satisfy if I just get a new Omicron Light for
the old one .

Either way , it's More than fair for a straight swap for a newer Omi-lite . It seems to me .
I won't even do damage to the old one , maybe they can salvage and get it working perfect again .

edit ;
I'm more confused now .
I just want a newer Omi-lite , the old one is losing battery power and/or bad red light connection with the usb plug . I def. don't want to spend full price for another one .

The Omicron Lite and Ophos have a 1 year warranty. So if your having issues and you think its manufacturer defects please contact support we will get it working for you.

The intentional damage repair service is when you want to use our vaporizers as a hammer, or you decide to do gravity tests from a 5 floor balcony you happen to use during your sessions.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
the old one .

edit ;
I'm more confused now .
Seems its 30 now + shipping.:hmm:
I wonder if this is seperate from the warranty, limited lifetime warranty is no longer?
The warranty on some companies at times is a gimmick were they lure you in then after a year its no longer lifetime warranty and make you pay more money( the device ends up costing way more in the long run). This was the great benefit of the UPtech service,wonder if its still available or is this the new warranty.:popcorn:

Top Bottom