Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

DubCRider

I want one ... yesterday .

questions ;
Why is the LAyG for the Omicron Light smaller ?
What kind of mouthpiece will attach to the top part for better inhaling ?

tia
Omicron light is like the V2xx omicron and Persei, no heat shield. The one for O-Phos screws on to the heat shield threads where the Omi Light screws directly in to where a cart does. Think of a regular cart and a CE4.

poonman

Omicron light is like the V2xx omicron and Persei, no heat shield. The one for O-Phos screws on to the heat shield threads where the Omi Light screws directly in to where a cart does. Think of a regular cart and a CE4.

Thanx DubC ,
If I want to attach a mouthpiece on top , What's the threading size for the Omi-Lite ? 601 ?
or it's Not possible to add attachment ?

poonman,

DubCRider

You can add attachments with an adaptor. Making them in two styles will prevent people from having to buy an adaptor as well as cart. It's actually a very nice thing G did. Other companies would see it as an opportunity to sell two parts instead of one.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I want one ... yesterday .

questions ;
Why is the LAyG for the Omicron Light smaller ?
What kind of mouthpiece will attach to the top part for better inhaling ?

tia

The Ophos is built on the traditional electronic cigarette battery this requires a "skirt" to house the threads.

The Omicron Lite is built to mimic the Omicron v2.xx and the Persei tops that have the flat surface.

Here you can see the top assembled on the left.

and here you can see the threads on the v2 version.

poonman

The Ophos is built on the traditional electronic cigarette battery this requires a "skirt" to house the threads.

The Omicron Lite is built to mimic the Omicron v2.xx and the Persei tops that have the flat surface.

Here you can see the top assembled on the left.

and here you can see the threads on the v2 version.

So that top part is the mouthpiece , for inhaling , Got ya .
Is that sold separately ?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So that top part is the mouthpiece , for inhaling , Got ya .
Is that sold separately ?

They come as a complete kit, every time you buy the LAyG carts you will get a complete kit. I dont know whos selling them separate but thats just straight out greed.

Its like me telling you hey i can rewire your whole house but I reuse half the old wires while charging you full price.

OF

They come as a complete kit, every time you buy the LAyG carts you will get a complete kit. I dont know whos selling them separate but thats just straight out greed.

It could be, of course. But take the Dabbler as an example? A new cart is $25. The top section (cart, cone and mouthpiece) is $35. Assuming one wears carts out (or fouls them out) eventually sooner or later a guy is going to have a lot of spare, still usable tops.....like many of us have piles of Omicron rubber MPs. In such cases, the lower price is welcome?

Put another way, I'm happy to keep using the battery part and not buy a whole new unit. Like Mason said to Dixon, 'we're gonna have to draw that line somewhere'.......

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
It could be, of course. But take the Dabbler as an example? A new cart is $25. The top section (cart, cone and mouthpiece) is $35. Assuming one wears carts out (or fouls them out) eventually sooner or later a guy is going to have a lot of spare, still usable tops.....like many of us have piles of Omicron rubber MPs. In such cases, the lower price is welcome?

Put another way, I'm happy to keep using the battery part and not buy a whole new unit. Like Mason said to Dixon, 'we're gonna have to draw that line somewhere'.......

OF

Ya Mason did say that to Dixon but dont think Mason charged by the inch.

If anyone does not want the tops please specify it in your orders and we will take them out. Either way price stays the same.

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount

• Buy 2 - 4 and get 10% off
  • Buy 5 - 8 and get 15% off
  • Buy 9 - 50 and get 20% off

You can color match and order for different vaporizers. The discount is calculated at the end.

Only thing you have to do is add every single type and color quantity at a time. Images of finished products will be up soon.

Warranty is Dead on Arrival and must be reported within 24 hours of receipt.

mollee

I went ahead and loaded that Afghan Kush "shatter" last night anyway, and was surprised to see how fast it melted down and slurped right down into the cartridge! Maybe it really isn't technically a shatter, it's pretty gooey.

So far, it's been working like a dream. I love this strain, it works perfectly for my bad anxiety & depression. So to have it in this dream vape is just divine!

In fact, it melted so easily, it started to bubble while moving down the fill tool. I'd back off with the heat when that happened, but wanted to see if anyone else has that happen? Does it "burn off" a lot of the good stuff when it does that, or is it negligible?

I don't know if it's healthy to be in love with a vape, but I'm besotted!! :p

EDIT: also, as an "aesthetics" snob, this little device is so elegant, well-made and just pretty to look at! Probably getting that purple one as well, lol! Okay, I'll stop the fangirly gushing (for now)! :love:

Last edited:

OF

In fact, it melted so easily, it started to bubble while moving down the fill tool. I'd back off with the heat when that happened, but wanted to see if anyone else has that happen? Does it "burn off" a lot of the good stuff when it does that, or is it negligible?
Glad it's working out for you.

Yes, it happens. Generally the bubbling when you heat it to load is residual solvent (the concentrate wasn't fully purged). This step (purging) is sometimes not done all that well. The butane (ISO, hexane, whatever) will 'boil out' before the THC vapes out no matter.

In extreme cases it can be a problem in the cart.

Good luck with it.

OF

OF,
Reactions: mollee

tharealmclovin

I agree with OF. When I load a cart and it bubbles, I can usually tell how good/bad the purge was. If I load my homemade shatter, it slowly melts down. Some of the store bought wax, almost like a mentos in coke

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: mollee

aphex91

I've been using my O-Phos for a little less than a week now and I love it. I've had some issues with clogging but it's been a flawless experience otherwise. I did however come across a DIY setup with the eGo-C twist with a gentleman's cartridge. It got me thinking, what's the point of buying a vaporizer made "exclusively" for concentrates when you can pick up an e-cig battery and a universal cart for much cheaper with essentially more flexibility. I'm in no way criticizing delta9 as they've designed a spectacular product and I'm 100% happy with my purchase. If someone could help me understand though, customer support and warranty aside, from a technical standpoint, what the benefits are of a dedicated concentrates vape over a DIY e-cig vape. Needless to say I can see how certain vapes such as the Persei are in a league of their own.

aphex91,
Reactions: Caligula

VaporWarehouse

Retailer
I did however come across a DIY setup with the eGo-C twist with a gentleman's cartridge.

The first question I would ask is does that gentleman's cartridge vaporizer or combust dry herb? I'm going to guess the later.

If someone could help me understand though... what the benefits are of a dedicated concentrates vape over a DIY e-cig vape.

Aphex91, I assume you looking for a portable that does both herb and oils?

The benefits are getting a vaporizer that does exactly what it's supposed to do. When you have a mutli purpose vape, it usually does one thing very well and the other not so well. Or just does a half-ass job all the way around. People are always trying to get a hybrid vape that does both dry herb and oils and I think they sell themselves short when they do that.

If you are going to use both, get yourself a good vape for oil and find another good vape for herb. If you have an O-phos and have been looking at eGo-Cs, then I don't think a setup like the Persei with the Bender is for you. It's a monster compared to the smaller vapes you have but it's probably the best multiple purpose "portable" vape set-up. It just doesn't fit very well in your pocket. ;)

I see that you own a Vaporbrothers already, the Magic Flight compliments that nicely for herb. For oils, you can't beat UP Tech. they are in a league of their own.

mollee

I've been reading the entire thread (up to page 118, w00t!).

Anyway, I'm trying to find out what the "consensus" here is on the use of wax concentrates. I want to try one of these next, but can't tell if waxes are easy to load & maintain over the oils??

mollee,
Reactions: OF

aphex91

The first question I would ask is does that gentleman's cartridge vaporizer or combust dry herb? I'm going to guess the later.

Aphex91, I assume you looking for a portable that does both herb and oils?

The benefits are getting a vaporizer that does exactly what it's supposed to do. When you have a mutli purpose vape, it usually does one thing very well and the other not so well. Or just does a half-ass job all the way around. People are always trying to get a hybrid vape that does both dry herb and oils and I think they sell themselves short when they do that.

If you are going to use both, get yourself a good vape for oil and find another good vape for herb. If you have an O-phos and have been looking at eGo-Cs, then I don't think a setup like the Persei with the Bender is for you. It's a monster compared to the smaller vapes you have but it's probably the best multiple purpose "portable" vape set-up. It just doesn't fit very well in your pocket. ;)

I see that you own a Vaporbrothers already, the Magic Flight compliments that nicely for herb. For oils, you can't beat UP Tech. they are in a league of their own.

I agree with your view on multi purpose vaporizers (or most multi purpose products really), although I'm mainly comparing oil/wax vapes. Products like the O-Phos and Dabbler as opposed to the eGo. The gentleman's cartridge, as far as I know, vaporizes oils and waxes as well as full melt. They have a few variations for different uses. The Persei is definitely something I'd like to try someday, but would defeat the purpose of a portable in my case. I love the Magic Flight, I've used it a couple times and it's a cool little device.

By the way great community for a forum, lots of useful advice here.

Last edited:

OF

Anyway, I'm trying to find out what the "consensus" here is on the use of wax concentrates. I want to try one of these next, but can't tell if waxes are easy to load & maintain over the oils??

As long as they pass the foil test you should be fine. Harder waxes are harder to load sometimes (pay careful attention to preheating the center of the cart) but as long as they melt and flow well they'll do fine.

It can call for more care in warming up the cart at the start of a session. Easy to goof up with higher power carts if you're not on top of it.

OF

Dresta

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I bought some omicron carts to use with my atmos but I don't care for the plastic mouthpieces. I would like to buy some of the aluminum ones but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Dresta,
Top Bottom