Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

alright

Anyone else find it very absurd & aggravating that you have to dig through hundreds of pages on this forum to get information on THCsci's products!? Get your shit together G, seriously. Ughhhhhh.

alright,

clouded vision

Anyone else find it very absurd & aggravating that you have to dig through hundreds of pages on this forum to get information on THCsci's products!? Get your shit together G, seriously. Ughhhhhh.
that's the nature of popular forums, maybe you could check all the info laid out in vaporpedia before trying to blast G for having a popular product.

OF

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your opinion.

However, I think we may differ in our opinions here, I don't think G is in any way obligated to make it easier for your to find information here. This is a Private Member Forum, he's a guest here same as you and I. Many (most?) makers don't have a presence here and we are all the worse for it. I think it's way cool he comes here, faces the irate owners (and guys like me quibbling over geek stuff) to try to give guys insights, assistance and the occasional discount code. I wish we had more of that.

So this is a volunteer outfit. Nobody's paid. The job of updating the Wiki page to reflect the useful information available here is open.

I don't disagree it would be nice to have it all spelled out for the new guys, but I don't see that being anyone's responsibility, let alone a maker already providing far above average support.

Regards.

OF

alright

This post violates so many of our Not Nice rules I'm not bothering to pick one. Warning point for trolling/flaming issued.
that's the nature of popular forums, maybe you could check all the info laid out in vaporpedia before trying to blast G for having a popular product.

And it's fanboys like you that make me cringe while going through this forum. I've been through the vaporpedia wiki, it hasn't been updated in a minute. I understand he has a popular product, I'm happy for him. Can't he afford to set up a blog, or some other means of presenting new & more detailed information on his products? Why do I have go through this cluster fuck of a forum? Yes, I understand why. Consider these rhetorical questions. I'm considering purchasing another $200+ dollars in gadgets from him to get everything working the way I'd like, but I felt silly doing so considering how frustrating it is to figure out what to buy and if it even works with my shit. I just really needed to get that out there.

Last edited:
alright,

clouded vision

first of all I am not a fanboy, in fact I sold my persei in favor of my dart.
Exactly what info are you missing from the vaporpedia article? Just because it hasn't been updated doesn't make it inaccurate. Being a new member you must not be familiar with how helpful everyone here can be. I have never had a single instance where I have asked a question without getting a response almost immediately.

alright

first of all I am not a fanboy, in fact I sold my persei in favor of my dart.
Exactly what info are you missing from the vaporpedia article? Just because it hasn't been updated doesn't make it inaccurate. Being a new member you must not be familiar with how helpful everyone here can be. I have never had a single instance where I have asked a question without getting a response almost immediately.

alright, fair enough. i apologize for the vitriol i've spewed. when the omicron isn't pissing me off, it's great. i hope g will consider some of my suggestions.

OF

alright, fair enough. i apologize for the vitriol i've spewed. when the omicron isn't pissing me off, it's great. i hope g will consider some of my suggestions.

Cool enough. Thanks.

I fail to see how what you asked for (more, easy to find, information of D9 products?) will help with Omicron problems?

Perhaps we can help there.......

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

It would be much easier to contact us through the site, or even me here, on Skype or on Facebook.

Ask all the questions you have if you can't find it, or pm me the question if you don't like searching (most of us are guilty of this as well).

But to say that I have control over this forums and what others do is plain wrong. We discuss and after 2 years the threads are gonna grow you know.

Last edited:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
And it's fanboys like you that make me cringe while going through this forum. I've been through the vaporpedia wiki, it hasn't been updated in a minute.

Actually I updated the Omicron page on Vaporpedia two days ago. What exactly did you feel it was missing? Because the only thing I'm still working on is the 2.5 entry.

alright

Good lord people. If you have an issue, go buy a different brand product and see how well it works out when you try to contact the owner of said company via a 3rd party discussion forum. Dafuq is wrong with you?

i've paid decent money on w9 products and reserve the right to bitch. i've sent two tickets through the w9 site, one was never responded to and only had part of my questions answered in the other. i know g means well, but this has been an accumulating frustration. i've been very curious on newer products w9 is offering, fingers tend to point to this forum, but i find visiting here overwhelming. if the overall level of customer service on vaporizing devices is as shitty as you say it is, i'll stand down and rid myself of any expectations. i have no issues with the omicron page on vaporpedia, thank you for maintaining it.

alright,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

i've paid decent money on w9 products and reserve the right to bitch.

if the overall level of customer service on vaporizing devices is as shitty as you say it is, i'll stand down and rid myself of any expectations.

Actually I think it's a privilege, not a right. We're here by rules we agreed to abide by, amongst them are limits on such venting. That's not why we come here really; for the most part we come here to share experiences, to ask questions, give advice to each other and enjoy each others company. To fix troubles, not make more.

And yes, D9's support stands out very much. They and a few others are exceptions. You can see this easily if you explore some of the other threads. Lots of folks just out for your money......go figure. In all fairness, we've driven some makers away with the BS, at least one of them more than once in fact. No trouble understanding that for me. Who wants a bunch of grief from rude people using assumed names? They leave and we all suffer the loss. Not a good deal.

Earlier you said you were 'fighting your Omicron'? That's the sort of stuff we can make positive contributions to I think. Again, any specific problems we can help with?

Your call.

OF

Caligula

Maximus
i've paid decent money on w9 products and reserve the right to bitch. i've sent two tickets through the w9 site, one was never responded to and only had part of my questions answered in the other. i know g means well, but this has been an accumulating frustration. i've been very curious on newer products w9 is offering, fingers tend to point to this forum, but i find visiting here overwhelming. if the overall level of customer service on vaporizing devices is as shitty as you say it is, i'll stand down and rid myself of any expectations. i have no issues with the omicron page on vaporpedia, thank you for maintaining it.

Oh, I'm sorry but no. Your very first post on this forum was a rant about how "absurd and aggravating" it is to search this forum for information and how infrequently the Vaporpedia page is updated, all the while acting like this is some sort of official venue for W9. In fact that really seems to be the issue here.... W9 has absolutely no obligation to even be a member on this site, let alone interact with you, and you don't see to either understand that and/or care.

Also, I find the rest of your logic flawed. Look at it like this... I paid good money for my car. I have every right to bitch about it. However when I do that on some car forum, and the CEO of Mazda doesn't chime in or reply to my PM fast enough, I'm not going to throw a tantrum. Why? Because I'm a big boy and I know better.

The fact remains that you were pointed to this forum for help, yet instead of posting questions you typeed up a diatribe of bitterness. Save that for your diary next time, and try coming back like an adult with a question.

Last edited:

alright

Oh, I'm sorry but no. Your very first post on this forum was a rant about how "absurd and aggravating" it is to search this forum for information, all the while acting like this is some sort of official venue for W9. In fact that really seems to be the issue here.... D9 has absolutely no obligation to even be a member on this site, let alone interact with you.

Also, I find the rest of your logic flawed. Look at it like this... I paid good money for my car. I have every right to bitch about it. However when I do that on some car forum, and the CEO of Mazda doesn't chime in or reply to my PM fast enough, I'm not going to throw a tantrum.

The fact remains that you were pointed to this forum for help, yet instead of posting questions you type of diatribe of bitterness. Save that for your diary next time, and try coming back like an adult with a question.

Feedback taken. I offer up another apology then. I was naive of forum rules. I overstepped my boundaries and acted rudely.

OF

Feedback taken. I offer up another apology then. I was naive of forum rules. I overstepped my boundaries and acted rudely.

Musta been two other guys.

Any problems we can help with? Omicron carts are generally seen as very reliable and useful once guys sort them out.

Have you done a 'foil test' on your concentrate? How much are you loading? Any problems priming?

OF

alright

Yes, I do find the cartridges challenging. It takes me too long sometimes. I know the cartridges deal better with some kinds of oil over others. Sometimes I end up discoloring the top of the cart from heating trying to get the dryer/harder concentrates down. I will try the foil test next time I pick up some concentrates. The charger which came with my v2.5 stopped functioning last week so the omicron is currently collecting dust. I've ordered a new one. I know there is an art to this, but maybe I just plain suck at it, which is why i'm eyeing the sr-71.

alright,
Reactions: OF

OF

Yes, I do find the cartridges challenging. It takes me too long sometimes. I know the cartridges deal better with some kinds of oil over others.

I know there is an art to this, but maybe I just plain suck at it, which is why i'm eyeing the sr-71.

Cool. I suggest you go with a 'medium weight' oil (avoid shatters and very thin stuff to start) and as light in color as possible next time. Most guys find waxes work well. And definitely stick with 2.4 Ohm carts until you master them. And run the foil test, paying attention to how it melts and flows. Then contact us again when you're ready to load so we can review how to make that work?

I'm not sure I'd call it an art or a science, but loading them 'right' is important. Once you get that under control 300 more or less trouble free hits per gram is the norm.

SR71 has it's own set of constraints (of course), and will also use the oil at a much higher rate. Perhaps an important consideration?

Bottom line is thousands of guys have got a handle on the Omicron, surely some with less going for them than you? It's not impossible by a long way and like so many things in life easy once you get the knack.

Thanks for the information. Regards.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes, I do find the cartridges challenging. It takes me too long sometimes. I know the cartridges deal better with some kinds of oil over others. Sometimes I end up discoloring the top of the cart from heating trying to get the dryer/harder concentrates down. I will try the foil test next time I pick up some concentrates. The charger which came with my v2.5 stopped functioning last week so the omicron is currently collecting dust. I've ordered a new one. I know there is an art to this, but maybe I just plain suck at it, which is why i'm eyeing the sr-71.
My not qualified to chime in however I was just as pissed off as you a year ago.
I started with the PERSEI and I loaded the wrong material in one of my carts and had a leaker!

"OF" got me on the 2.4 cart program and I was off running.

The OMICRON I got much later.
This thing is actually perfect for medicating.
2.4 carts are still my favorite.
I even use the CARTOMIZERS a lot as well.

Material is so critical in my case in order to succeed.

Some say that color doesn't matter of your concentrate?
However I don't take risks any longer.
BLONDE: Well purged is what I look for.

It is getting super expensive for the TOP SHELF PREMIUM WAX.

I do so much WAX I could not afford $90 a gram any longer.

No Trim only TOP COLAS to make wax.
DOUBLE PURGED.

ABV I throw away these days.

TOP SHELF DEVICES TOP SHELF CONCENTRATES.

I have the SR71 as well.
However you can load dirty stuff in it clean material is pure bliss.

It may not be your case?

MATERIAL is important!

There is a lot of junk being sold these days.

Growers sell their TOP COLAS as PREMIUM.
WAX is made from the TRIM at the dispensaries.

Is it the Indian or the Arrow?

Silvercloud538

My not qualified to chime in however I was just as pissed off as you a year ago.
I started with the PERSEI and I loaded the wrong material in one of my carts and had a leaker!

"OF" got me on the 2.4 cart program and I was off running.

The OMICRON I got much later.
This thing is actually perfect for medicating.
2.4 carts are still my favorite.
I even use the CARTOMIZERS a lot as well.

Material is so critical in my case in order to succeed.

Some say that color doesn't matter of your concentrate?
However I don't take risks any longer.
BLONDE: Well purged is what I look for.

It is getting super expensive for the TOP SHELF PREMIUM WAX.

I do so much WAX I could not afford $90 a gram any longer.

No Trim only TOP COLAS to make wax.
DOUBLE PURGED.

ABV I throw away these days.

TOP SHELF DEVICES TOP SHELF CONCENTRATES.

I have the SR71 as well.
However you can load dirty stuff in it clean material is pure bliss.

It may not be your case?

MATERIAL is important!

There is a lot of junk being sold these days.

Growers sell their TOP COLAS as PREMIUM.
WAX is made from the TRIM at the dispensaries.

Is it the Indian or the Arrow?

Prolly Indian's Arrow fo' sho' :-)

FeelingFactory

I wonder if FC might eventually consider the ability to post new forum threads within a device, so as to keep topics like troubleshooting and instructions separate from topics like product announcements and modifications. It seems this may help alleviate some confusion as well as categorize information, but who knows if it's even possible at this point. On the other hand this single thread is a complete documentation of development. At least we have a place for everything Omi.

Top Bottom