Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

exit

OK guys I might have figured out some of the reason why I had so many dead carts in a row.
This one was #5 in a row. I had a flashlight and needle ready as soon as I was done filling the cart.

I took off the fill tool, and sure enough, even though fill tool had been soaking in ISO for 24h, the air tube was all clogged up with oil.

I cleaned it out like 10 times with an ISO soaked paperclip. Not perfect, still oil in the tube, but I can get some small hits at least. So I think I may have a culprit.

So my question is, even with a seemingly clean fill tool, how could so much oil get in the tube? I made sure every time to push down the fill tool as far as it would possibly go. I made sure there wasn't any oil left over in the recessed part of the fill tool that covers the air hole of the Omi cart but I could have been wrong.

I am going to have to exercise patience and hold off loading another cart until I'm sure I won't be getting more oil in the air tube!

edit: Oh, I also got two unmarked carts last time I ordered some, are unmarked ones any particular ohmage or is that just a mistake? It was a mixed pack of 5's and 2.4's so just wondering.

exit,

kevbotzilla

OK guys I might have figured out some of the reason why I had so many dead carts in a row.
This one was #5 in a row. I had a flashlight and needle ready as soon as I was done filling the cart.

I took off the fill tool, and sure enough, even though fill tool had been soaking in ISO for 24h, the air tube was all clogged up with oil.

I cleaned it out like 10 times with an ISO soaked paperclip. Not perfect, still oil in the tube, but I can get some small hits at least. So I think I may have a culprit.

So my question is, even with a seemingly clean fill tool, how could so much oil get in the tube? I made sure every time to push down the fill tool as far as it would possibly go. I made sure there wasn't any oil left over in the recessed part of the fill tool that covers the air hole of the Omi cart but I could have been wrong.

I am going to have to exercise patience and hold off loading another cart until I'm sure I won't be getting more oil in the air tube!

edit: Oh, I also got two unmarked carts last time I ordered some, are unmarked ones any particular ohmage or is that just a mistake? It was a mixed pack of 5's and 2.4's so just wondering.

I got alot of oil or concentrate in the tube when i started using W9 carts because I was sucking too hard or was not letting it heat up enough and was pulling the viscous substance though rather than the tasty vapor i wanted.

Doesnt the fill tool block off the hole completely in the cart though? All i do to clean mine is heat the shit out of it so all the sticky gunk turns liquid and then use a thick towel to wipe it down and a qtip get in the smaller areas of the tool under the narrower area. Also how much concentrate are you trying to load? It seems wild to me that this is your 5th one in a row, there has to be something someone here can recommend to make your struggle much easier. Maybe more details will give someone an AH HA moment.

k4ebcx.jpg

kevbotzilla,

exit

Yeah it was pretty crazy to me too. I usually have pretty good luck loading these and even using the same wax I've loaded successfully in other carts.

0.6 each time. With the first 4 that went wrong it turned out to be lots of oil in the air tube, like so much that the heater inside no doubt got drenched. Most of them wouldn't even heat.

With the last 2 they loaded and pulled fine and didn't get anything in the air tubes. I can hear the oil sizzle a bit if I heat the cart with a heat gun but I still taste dry burns dark. In the past if I taste a dry burn I just warmed it a littleuntil the oil melts down a little bit more.

But, no need to worry! I'm happy to report I got a working 2.4 loaded this morning after much rest and a few bowls out of my VAPOLUTION 2.0 first! :D Yup, I got the touch back! I think loading them sober was my problem! :lol:

OF

Doesnt the fill tool block off the hole completely in the cart though?

I've gotta run off, literally on my way out the door, maybe someone else can follow up on this? Sounds to me like a misunderstanding.

Yes, the fill tool absolutely should block the tube in the center of the cart. In the old days we'd use a round toothpick for this when we loaded (I still do in fact).

If the tool isn't flowing free from the last loading you most likely have a concentrate issue, run a foil test. If it doesn't flow freely from the tool with you heating with a lighter, it doesn't stand much of a chance feeding in the cart.

Good luck.

OF

kevbotzilla

Maybe the concentrate was OVERHEATED? I think my first cart i did that where i did too much heat (also used my dab torch instead of a lighter so the heat got way to fast way too quickly) and my wax bubbled up to the top and i could see the bubbles in the air tube as well. When it finally cooled that left me with some stuff in the air hole as well. Just a thought.

Anyways awesome you got one going! It only takes one lol. Good luck on the next ones! :)

Just loaded a 1.5 cart (which D9V/W9 graciously replaced for me since the one i bought was DOA) for my OPHOS (with my replacement battery i got a couple days ago from a warranty repair.. THX D9V/W9! Customer for life!) with .3g of Fire Cookies and .4g of Honeycomb and instant face and lung melting commenced! What a combo!

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: VapoRoor

exit

Yes, the fill tool absolutely should block the tube in the center of the cart. In the old days we'd use a round toothpick for this when we loaded (I still do in fact).

I should mention, on the carts that didn't work right, the fill tool seemed to go farther down than it did on the cart I just successfully filled. I put on as much pressure as I could to move it all the way down but there was probably a 3mm difference. I wonder if I actually messed something up by pushing them too far down.

Either way I think I could have actually used a little more heat to melt down on one of the carts I deemed dead... but oh well. I got most of my reclaim back from those carts and I have about 3g reclaim now, gonna make pollen pellets with this :D

kevbotzilla

I should mention, on the carts that didn't work right, the fill tool seemed to go farther down than it did on the cart I just successfully filled. I put on as much pressure as I could to move it all the way down but there was probably a 3mm difference. I wonder if I actually messed something up by pushing them too far down.

Either way I think I could have actually used a little more heat to melt down on one of the carts I deemed dead... but oh well. I got most of my reclaim back from those carts and I have about 3g reclaim now, gonna make pollen pellets with this :D

Awesome! i was worried when i reclaimed all my carts that i would lose a good amount but when i melted down the three carts into one jar i was left with almost 2g that i dabbed for like a week while my stuff was in repair at W9.

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: poonman

exit

Is it worth it (or even possible) to do a iso reclaim on the rest of the dead carts? I can't imagine getting too much yield but I'll hold off on throwing them away if it actually gives you something...

exit,

clouded vision

vito has a trick where you rip the threads off then you can heat the tube and inhale the vapor coming out like doing a hot knife, I can't remember where I saw it but I think it was either in the omicron vaporpedia article or there was a link to it there

kevbotzilla

vito has a trick where you rip the threads off then you can heat the tube and inhale the vapor coming out like doing a hot knife, I can't remember where I saw it but I think it was either in the omicron vaporpedia article or there was a link to it there

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silver-surfer-vaporizer.2/page-181#post-415484 is one of the videos from Vito plus you can link to his FC profile from there and maybe his youtube channel. Im not sure he has an actual video of his reclaim technique but he sure seems like a mother-effin treasure chest of vape knowledge and pretty active with direct questions (also seems nice). Sorry i didnt have time to dig deeper for you but hopefully it will get you pointed in the right direction

OF

I'd be a little careful doing this. There's a rubber seal, some heat shrink and some insulated wire in there where you're about to torch away and breathe in the fumes...... Vaping some of that stuff might not be the best thing for those planning on living forever.

Rather, if you want it all, I suggest you pluck out the center pin (pry it up a bit and yank, cut the wire attached) and the rubber seal around it. Then push a bamboo skewer (or similar) up the hole you just made to push the insides out. That seal will form a scraper for you and push the remaining oil out onto a dinner plate or something you can then recover it from. There's about .2 grams stuck in there if you've a mind to go after it.

I warm the cart with a lighter before that final push out. That helps 'unstick' things.

OF

kevbotzilla

I'd be a little careful doing this. There's a rubber seal, some heat shrink and some insulated wire in there where you're about to torch away and breathe in the fumes...... Vaping some of that stuff might not be the best thing for those planning on living forever.

Rather, if you want it all, I suggest you pluck out the center pin (pry it up a bit and yank, cut the wire attached) and the rubber seal around it. Then push a bamboo skewer (or similar) up the hole you just made to push the insides out. That seal will form a scraper for you and push the remaining oil out onto a dinner plate or something you can then recover it from. There's about .2 grams stuck in there if you've a mind to go after it.

I warm the cart with a lighter before that final push out. That helps 'unstick' things.

OF

Haha now i remember why i didnt go this [Vitos] route last time i had to reclaim.

My friends from the east coast would do these things called waterfalls and to create the carb in the plastic bottle you would lightly run your lighter over the bottom in a focused spot until it was the desired size. I stopped doing these almost right away because it cant be good to inhale from a bottle with melted plastic leeching out into the water inside (plus you can taste it.. eww) just like i cant imagine inhaling all those plastic and wire/seal fumes from a Omi cart would be very good. Thanks for the tips. I do have some extra concentrate hiding in some carts so ill give it a try next time im fiending. ;)

So does Vito just dig the vapes from all those internal components? :p or is he not heating the cart as much as im assuming and therefore avoiding melting?

Vitolo

Vaporist
To avoid breathing harsh fumes... get rid of the "works" first.
I hold the cart with pliers, and using a torch, I heat only the threads...
the inside core will "pop" out on its own.....
pull it out and then use needlenose to pull the center post from other end.
You will then have rid yourself of the wires etc whose fumes may be foul.
Then I heat the metal remnants, and vape the fumes.
Photoon2011-12-15at1445.jpg

kevbotzilla

To avoid breathing harsh fumes... get rid of the "works" first.
I hold the cart with pliers, and using a torch, I heat only the threads...
the inside core will "pop" out on its own.....
pull it out and then use needlenose to pull the center post from other end.
You will then have rid yourself of the wires etc whose fumes may be foul.
Then I heat the metal remnants, and vape the fumes.
Photoon2011-12-15at1445.jpg

Thanks a ton for the clarification. I looked everywhere for this. I dig your vibe vito.

Keep Calm Vape On.

Vitolo

Vaporist
1-Crumble Waxes/ Honeycomb Waxes are my favorite medium for our pens. I tend toward Blue Dream, or other perfumey, fruity or floral strains.

2-Putties/Earwax are my preference for dab type activity... or when I need to fast load a cartridge. With this I prefer Sour Deisel.

I have other concentrates that I use, and enjoy but won't discuss here because I vape them as one would flowers, and this is a "Pen" thread~

kevbotzilla

yeah i have been loving the butters and crumble/honeycombs in the OPHOS since they seem to cause the least amount of clogs and loading is so damn easy (I think that Purple Heart in Oakland has some awesome grams of Blue Dream crumble right now for $35). Whats your opinion on shatters? I kinda dig them in the 1.5 carts. Some of the hits i get are unreal and happen very quickly without me pulling much. It delivers clouds like its burning a chunk of solid matter in the cart (i love combusting so those are the types of hits i look for). i also love that it doesnt taste singed or scorched at all and vapor creation happens instantly. just giant delicious clouds.

.. can you tell im happy to have my pen back from warranty repair. :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love shatter, and it is actually easiest for me to make.
It does work better in carts with a lower resistance, as shatter cools harder...
Waxes cool and are like either caramel, fudge, or taffy.
Shatter cools like hard candy from a lollypop... so it can clog "firmer" if it does clog.... softer waxes seem to unclog a bit faster.
I do use more wax than I do shatter because of it's availability without my having to do the work!

kevbotzilla

haha funny you mention the pop. i actually like shatter pop clogs because of how it will all of a sudden audibly pop and all the hot vapor hits the lungs at once. with waxes you can feel the hole opening up in the intensity of the airflow you are getting from the mouthpiece but with shatters its either a good hit or its clogged. there seems to be less middle ground. thanks for replying so quickly to my questions Vito! :)

Top Bottom