Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

thevaf

Hi friends. i have an OMICROM HVD so i like to use the 5.0 ohms at 7 volts. I wanted to get an 501 battery to use as a "cheaper " alternative. I found one that was cheap that does variable voltage "2v to 5v".

So what im wondering is, is 5 volts too low for a 5 ohm cart? i couldnt find any ecig batteries that went higher than 5v.

This is the link to the battery

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.ph...ucts_id=8093:268fc60a4816c3b8122aa1d5a48f5fc3

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

It doesn't work nearly as well as using the Omi HVD. The limiting factor is not only the voltage, but also the current. The HVD omicron using a 5 ohm cart @ 7.4v = ~11watts. If you drop that to 5v, then you only get 5watts.

I hooked up a 5ohm cart to my iTaste SVD and ran it at 6v, which works but barely and the e-cig really struggles to get the amperage. Omi HVD goes up to 5A, most e-cigs max out around 3-4Amps.So while I can get some vapor, its not the clouds you get when you are going full power using the Omi HVD.

I'm my opinion the only carts that are 'decent' on e-cig batteries are the 2.4 ohms and I run them at a maximum of 4.2v and make sure I am pulling cool air in between hits to keep the coil temperature in check. Also you will need this adapter.

exit

Hey, I have one 2.4 around that doesn't sound stuck (it sounds like it's drawing air fine from either end) but i can barely get any hits at all out of it. I can hear the air flowing through it but nothing, not even at 6v. I know it's not almost empty. I have a chart of what all my carts weight. This one has .4 in it still.

I've tried reflowing it, and tried cleaning it out with a paperclip dipped in ISO many times.... what's next?

exit,

TommydCat

I thing I found that altered my expected weights is the fact that I found myself drooling just a bit into that tasty tasty mouthpiece. The Nibbler X pretty much solved this for me, but I found the weights of my carts were off by as much as .4g! After some heating/reflowing and use enough it got warm, apparently most of the drool vaped off as well (yum!) and it looked like I used almost half a gram during that session (but certainly didn't feel it).

It's not a pretty picture, but there ya have it. Check for signs of drool! ;)

kevbotzilla

You can also tip the cart upside down and flame it gently so the concentrate flows back out the top to see if there is anything in there (maybe it will get at least all your spit to drain LOL). is the cart heating up at least? i had this happen with some shatter i put in a cart where i had to heat it a bit longer to get the concentrate to fall from the side of the cart where it was stuck to the bottom where it belonged.

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: TommydCat

OF

Hey, I have one 2.4 around that doesn't sound stuck (it sounds like it's drawing air fine from either end) but i can barely get any hits at all out of it. I can hear the air flowing through it but nothing, not even at 6v. I know it's not almost empty. I have a chart of what all my carts weight. This one has .4 in it still.

I've tried reflowing it, and tried cleaning it out with a paperclip dipped in ISO many times.... what's next?

What's next? Replacement.

I'd salvage what I could get and try again with a new cart. After a dry burn at 6 Volts if you managed to get it loaded again I'd be amazed if it's not a leaker.....or worse.

Continuing to run it at 3.7 without oil to cool the heater will prove fatal if pushed too far, IMO doing it at 6 Volts makes it too far by default.

Hopefully you got your money's worth from that cart.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys i have gotten the Hercules to work on 3.7v it is no 7.4v monster but it does produce vapor, what we did was use a Hercules v1 3.7v version and put the new oil coil inside, it is more conservative on your oil and much more flavorfull, now what we need to do is increase the vapor production, what we are thinking since we really like to test 3.7v on the new Sr - 71 body it has to wait, but for now we do have vapor production, think of it as a 3-4 ohm cartridge running at 3.7v

Guys i have gotten the Hercules to work on 3.7v it is no 7.4v monster but it does produce vapor, what we did was use a Hercules v1 3.7v version and put the new oil coil inside, it is more conservative on your oil and much more flavorfull, now what we need to do is increase the vapor production, what we are thinking since we really like to test 3.7v on the new Sr - 71 body it has to wait, but for now we do have vapor production, think of it as a 3-4 ohm cartridge running at 3.7v

Is it going to work for herbs eventually at 3.7 V or no?

kingofnull,

DubCRider

Is it going to work for herbs eventually at 3.7 V or no?

3.7v Herc v1 works great with herb if you are a true vaporist. If you want a huge hit in ten seconds or less after hitting the button the 3.7v Herc v1 isn't for you. It requires an initial 60sec warmup to achieve vapor from a cold start. The 7.4v Herc v1 would combust after 6-10sec from a cold start but the smoke was thick. I'm a combuster so I prefer the style of hit the 7.4v Herc provides. If you are not dead set on vaporizing then the 7.4v is probably more your style.

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Just filled up my 1.5 omi cartridge with nice crumble. I dropped it into the sides without melting it and i got 15 great hits. now my cart wont warm up?

VapoRoor,

OF

Just filled up my 1.5 omi cartridge with nice crumble. I dropped it into the sides without melting it and i got 15 great hits. now my cart wont warm up?

I think the "without melting it" part may prove your undoing. 1.5s run hot, without concentrate to cool them they can go quite fast. Strange, though, the tank heater usually survives longer so the body at least gets a little warm?

My take is it's going to get melted (and probably several times and cooked some in the process) anyway, so it's best to not monkey about and load it right from the get go.

There's always a chance of a bad connection or something, but with no heat you're cooked as it were?

OF

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Yeah my cartridge warmed up good and the wax kept melting into the wick as i kept hitting it and i took a break only to try it again this morning with 0 results.
It was all good then i took it off and placed it leaning to the side and woke up tried to hit it and no heat at all.
Could it be just a faulty cart?
Kinda PO cause i asked g if i could just drop it into the sides of the cart and he said yes this can be done.
now Im .5 of expensive wax gone and unusable

VapoRoor,

DubCRider

Yes, a lighter is almost better than a torch because it doesn't get hot as fast so you don't torch the contents of the cart. Slow and steady wins the race!

Thanks K.O.N.
Can i just use a lighter to do this?

Yeah I usually use the 'lighter setting' on my torch anyways so I don't vape everything inside. Just make sure you use pliers or some nice long tweezers or something so you don't burn yourself.

kingofnull,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Okay cool, thanks dubc and king.
I really wanted to use this cart as my other vape carts for oils are a bit backed up.
I guess I didn't load it right and dropping crumble wax in the sides isnt as easy as it sounds, but I'll make sure to melt it into the cart if I ever use a D9 cart again.
Thanks again FC members :tup:

VapoRoor,
Reactions: OF

kevbotzilla

I have learned to be cautious in assuming the cart is bad but i have gotten a bad cart where the light just blinked and i was never able to get the heating element to fire (aka no heat at all). What about flipping it upside down and heating it gently to allow the concentrate to flow out of the cart into another container you have? I had an issue with my OPHOS where the battery unit had a little hardware trouble and when sending it in i didn't want to wait to use the 3 half loaded carts i had all prepped. so i did what I am recommending to you and I got almost a full gram to a gram and a half in a small container that i have been dabbing on a skillet while i wait for my ish to get sent back to me. Although D9V has no warranty on carts they are the coolest and most helpful support i've gotten especially in this industry so they might have other ideas. Granted there is concentrate in yours and it was used which mine was not so experience may vary.

kevbotzilla,

exit

Should it never be too hot to touch while loading? Spent like an hour loading with a hair dryer but I'm tasting dry burns so I know I messed up again hahah!

exit,

kevbotzilla

Should it never be too hot to touch while loading? Spent like an hour loading with a hair dryer but I'm tasting dry burns so I know I messed up again hahah!
Well the fill tool and a lighter takes me tops like 5 minutes to do the deed and get everything to the bottom without it getting too hot but yes the carts I have filled get really hot near the top (where you should be heating it) and down near the threads it was cool so I could hold it. The only time I have had to heat closer to the bottom is when I'm trying to recover concentrate from a cart.

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: exit

exit

Thanks, I've filled plenty of carts before but have no idea why all of a sudden I'm incapable of doing one :lol:

I did a good 5.0 a couple days ago and smoked it dry! I'll get it eventually! :lol:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks, I've filled plenty of carts before but have no idea why all of a sudden I'm incapable of doing one :lol:

I did a good 5.0 a couple days ago and smoked it dry! I'll get it eventually! :lol:

The best temperature to load it at is around 125 F. So having the cart at that temp when loading is the best.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: exit
Top Bottom