Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

exit

thanks, never had this happen so wanted to make sure it wouldn't be irreparably clogged or something!

It tastes a little funky but it hits!! :tup:

exit,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
It tastes a little funky but it hits!! :tup:

A slight hint of 'lint' I dare say? :D

Glad to hear you could resurrect it!

I actually pulled out one of my first carts, which I thought was clogged (I just needed to get my technique down) and I cleaned it out, tested it and filled it with .5 of Casey Jones.

To my SURPRISE the first 20 puffs tasted like the PREVIOUS OIL not the CJ... Nice surprise

These buggers are resilient if you baby them and are not a cloud chaser.

What a learning curve!!

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
I know I want an omnicron but trying to decide on 2.5 or light. Are the only differences really batteries and price or is there a certain situation to buy one over the other?

Big Guwap,

kevbotzilla

My OPHOS just split/ripped in half while trying to take the silicone cap off the cart. I am beside myself. This thing was bought less than 2 months ago. WTF!

I also hit up delta9vapes about an order I made that included defective carts and haven't heard back. I'm assuming that's just cuz I emailed them about that last week and there has been a holiday

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

kevbotzilla,

poonman

My OPHOS just split/ripped in half while trying to take the silicone cap off the cart. I am beside myself. This thing was bought less than 2 months ago. WTF!

Are you saying the cart got separated from the OPHOS ,
stripping the threadings ?
or
the OPHOS in 2 ?

poonman,

kevbotzilla

Are you saying the cart got separated from the OPHOS ,
stripping the threadings ?
or
the OPHOS in 2 ?
In 2 pieces. The cart is still attached to the piece with the button and on the second piece the wiring is exposed with the black foam sticking out of the end. Like the part that holds the battery to the button lost its solder or whatever holds it together.

kevbotzilla,

poonman

In 2 pieces. The cart is still attached to the piece with the button and on the second piece the wiring is exposed with the black foam sticking out of the end. Like the part that holds the battery to the button lost its solder or whatever holds it together.

I'm just guessing , but I think that's covered under warranty .
Good luck with it , keep us posted .

OF

I also hit up delta9vapes about an order I made that included defective carts and haven't heard back. I'm assuming that's just cuz I emailed them about that last week and there has been a holiday

Email is not the right way to report troubles/get replies. You should 'open a ticket' on the D9 web site. It will then be tracked and responded to in a timely manner. Random emails don't make it into the data base it seems?

I've heard of this, carrying it assembled in your pants pocket?

I'm sure it's covered but you'll be without for a bit. My advice is to carry it in a shirt pocket instead or dismount the cart for transport. That's what I usually do, not only is it more compact that way, but putting the cart and top in a 'doob tube' keeps it clean and smell free.

OF

kevbotzilla

Email is not the right way to report troubles/get replies. You should 'open a ticket' on the D9 web site. It will then be tracked and responded to in a timely manner. Random emails don't make it into the data base it seems?

I've heard of this, carrying it assembled in your pants pocket?

I'm sure it's covered but you'll be without for a bit. My advice is to carry it in a shirt pocket instead or dismount the cart for transport. That's what I usually do, not only is it more compact that way, but putting the cart and top in a 'doob tube' keeps it clean and smell free.

OF

Thanks I actually did open a ticket but itlmentioning that here was me being dramatic because of the issue with my pen. I opened the ticket on the 3rd so I'm sure it will be handled. I work in support so I totally understand. I've already gotten an email from d9v so I am feeling good and taken care of. I will definitely do as you say when I get my pen back and keep a tube handy.

Thanks everyone I'll keep you posted

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks I actually did open a ticket but itlmentioning that here was me being dramatic because of the issue with my pen. I opened the ticket on the 3rd so I'm sure it will be handled. I work in support so I totally understand. I've already gotten an email from d9v so I am feeling good and taken care of. I will definitely do as you say when I get my pen back and keep a tube handy.

Can you give me the ticket number it should have been handled by now. Could but an issue with your email or our repos we might be in your junk/spam folder.

kevbotzilla

Can you give me the ticket number it should have been handled by now. Could but an issue with your email or our repos we might be in your junk/spam folder.
I just double checked everything and i am so sorry. I send a mesage regarding my order number not a ticket. I just went and corrected my mistake. Ticket 1469501. Totally my mistake. You guys are great. Seriously best customer service I've had in quite a while. I feel silly

kevbotzilla,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I just double checked everything and i am so sorry. I send a mesage regarding my order number not a ticket. I just went and corrected my mistake. Ticket 1469501. Totally my mistake. You guys are great. Seriously best customer service I've had in quite a while. I feel silly

I see the ticket, and it will be handled in the morning by our tech support team.

jbones

HELP! I'm having trouble with my Omicron v2. I bought it about a month ago. Loaded it up with a gram of wax. And everything was going beautiful. It was so amazing that I NEVER want to go back to burning weed again. After what seemed like an eternity of hitting and getting vapor the clouds eventually started to die down. I figured I must have hit the last of my wax. I bought another gram and loaded it into the same cart (I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not...) Immediately I noticed that the cart wasn't heating up like it used to before. I double checked that my battery was fully charged. It was. I cleaned the connection between the cart and the piece with the blue light. It still didn't heat up. The blue light comes on solid then blinks after 7 seconds or so, just like when it was working. But the cart doesn't get warm at all, and there is not vapor. So....I thought I must have a dead cart. I bought a new 2.4 cart and salvaged the wax out of the old cart and loaded it into the new one. BUT I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. Solid blue light. fully charged battery. but the cart isn't heating up at all. Any thoughts?

jbones,

kevbotzilla

HELP! I'm having trouble with my Omicron v2. I bought it about a month ago. Loaded it up with a gram of wax. And everything was going beautiful. It was so amazing that I NEVER want to go back to burning weed again. After what seemed like an eternity of hitting and getting vapor the clouds eventually started to die down. I figured I must have hit the last of my wax. I bought another gram and loaded it into the same cart (I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not...) Immediately I noticed that the cart wasn't heating up like it used to before. I double checked that my battery was fully charged. It was. I cleaned the connection between the cart and the piece with the blue light. It still didn't heat up. The blue light comes on solid then blinks after 7 seconds or so, just like when it was working. But the cart doesn't get warm at all, and there is not vapor. So....I thought I must have a dead cart. I bought a new 2.4 cart and salvaged the wax out of the old cart and loaded it into the new one. BUT I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. Solid blue light. fully charged battery. but the cart isn't heating up at all. Any thoughts?

no heat at all? man thats a super bummer. ive had an issue with a bad cart but in my case it was just blinking and not even letting me hold the button down. At least you invested in a great company. I have gotten nothing but great info and help from those working with and for THC Scientific. I hope your experience is the same. Good thing your unit has a lifetime warranty i believe. Go to their website and click the button on the upper right to file a ticket. http://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/TicketsVisitor.aspx?lhnid=8939

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: OF

jbones

no heat at all? man thats a super bummer. ive had an issue with a bad cart but in my case it was just blinking and not even letting me hold the button down. At least you invested in a great company. I have gotten nothing but great info and help from those working with and for THC Scientific. I hope your experience is the same. Good thing your unit has a lifetime warranty i believe. Go to their website and click the button on the upper right to file a ticket. http://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/TicketsVisitor.aspx?lhnid=8939
Thanks for the ticket tip! I just filed one.

OF

Thanks for the ticket tip! I just filed one.

They'll sort you out.

Sounds like the top connection broke, a 'not unknown' failure. Not common, but nothing new.

Too bad you scrapped the original cart. For the future, remember there are two heaters in the cart, it won't make vapor on only one, but it will get at least warn. The don't generally go cold dead, more warm dead?

I also would recommend two things. First weigh the cart empty then put no more than half a gram in to start. If all goes well, put the other half in about the time you hit .2 grams left and it starts to slow up. Don't keep pushing marginal production and never 'dry burn' the cart.

Overfilling and overheating are the prime problems with carts I think, leading to leaks, jams and burnt oil. This is after the usual early owner problems getting it loaded properly (all the way in, without trapping air).

OF

FeelingFactory

Nope for sure its v.2
7 seconds was just a guess. I timed it. It's actually 10 seconds.

There are two unusual things happening here. The current model has been v2.5 for some time now, which doesn't time out for safety and flash no matter how long you hold the button (as far as I can tell). Where did you buy the unit?

Regarding no heat even with another cart, have you swapped to the other battery? If both batteries and both carts are giving the same results it may be defective in the head piece. Hopefully you have a warranty?

FeelingFactory,

OF

After some consideration, I'm about to suggest another (kind of scary) test to try. Short circuit the empty connector with your car keys, a paper clip or something metal. When you press the button you should get immediate rapid flashes (the signal for shorted cart).....but since I think the connector is broken, no such short, no such flashes?

This is not a good test to go randomly doing, not all vapes have short circuit protection, not all of them work all the time.... Last thing we need is to be adding more problems.

OF

jbones

After some consideration, I'm about to suggest another (kind of scary) test to try. Short circuit the empty connector with your car keys, a paper clip or something metal. When you press the button you should get immediate rapid flashes (the signal for shorted cart).....but since I think the connector is broken, no such short, no such flashes?

This is not a good test to go randomly doing, not all vapes have short circuit protection, not all of them work all the time.... Last thing we need is to be adding more problems.

OF
Yikes. I think I'll pass on that suggestion.

I've been dealing with the customer service people at THC Scientific (they've been super helpful!) and they've offered to replace the head unit.

kevbotzilla

kevbotzilla I started out with PERSEI gear which I love however this OPHOS with a 2.4 cart is Kicking my Shiny Metal A@@!
5.0 cart at 6.0V is not bad.
Just mixing it up!

yeah man the 2.4 with some tasty strawberry cough wax was making life so good until the OPHOS split. Im calling today to get it taken care of so i can get back to it. its been a day and a half and i already miss it a ton. I think so far the tastiest and fattest clouds i have gotten were with some LA Sour Shatter in a 1.5 cart. *le sigh

kevbotzilla,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom