Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

DubCRider

That drooling Homer always gets me, haha! Nice pickups, be sure the alien oil isn't ISO or dark in color when smeared on white paper.

DubCRider,

JoeKickass

watching G on Breal.tv right now!

710 special is a 16 cartridge unit? :o

rofl the double nail carts killed that guy!

common G give a shoutout to fc... aww I think he's done that was sweet though!

Ok I give up, what is "beeze in the trap"? lol

Why can't I stop watching now that they're playing fail videos; they brought back the Persei! The guy looks happy with it :tup:

OF

Nice pickups, be sure the alien oil isn't ISO or dark in color when smeared on white paper.

Interesting test. As it happens I just happen to have a couple of grams of that very stuff I got earlier but haven't looked over all that well. I tried it, a bit smeared with a toothpick came up honey colored in the dark areas, nearly clear in the thin places. No solids of any sort. I assume this is what to look for? What does failing the test mean? TIA

BTW, 86% is amazing to me. Highest I've ever seen (or at least noticed). That's what got me to drive over and get a few grams. Anyone seen higher?

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

I don't believe that's the case.

The current V2 has a protection circuit that prevents outputs past 3.7 Volts it seems. Even when charged to 4.20 Volts, it only puts out 3.7 in my tests. IIRC G @ THC said this is the reason why it doesn't drive the DART as well as V1 does, at the 1.5 Ohm level (2.5 Amps nominally) V2 is only delivering 6.0 Watts (not over 9 as expected) since the output voltage has sagged to 2.98 Volts under that load. V1, with 3.18 out is delivering 6.8 Watts.

The next version will not have this protection circuit we're told.

Anyway, I think loading these aftermarket cells in is specifically against the Maker's advice, and based on the brief tests I did, I can't recommend it either. I seriously doubt it's been successfully tried?

OF

Silvercloud stands corrected :/ ; hav been using unprotected cells (ultrafires 14650) w/ no prob ,but can see where there might be som value re:unprotected batts in '"series"' :| (ie., in this case w/o proper voltage regulation) ~

Psst ... electrical engineering was not one of my fav subjects in escuela (school) :ugh::)

Silvercloud538,

OF

Silvercloud stands corrected :/ ; hav been using unprotected cells (ultrafires 14650) w/ no prob ,but can see where there might be som value re:unprotected batts in '"series"' :| (ie., in this case w/o proper voltage regulation) ~

Psst ... electrical engineering was not one of my fav subjects in escuela (school) :ugh::)

Sorry, I'm not being clear enough. The problem is with the voltage being more than 3.7, not with the battery being protected or not. That doesn't matter. If it's more than 3.7 Volts (total), a special circuit reduces it to 3.7 (or so it seems) so raising the battery voltage does no good at all WRT heating the cart.

Or, you could just say that since the maker said not to do it we shouldn't.

Then again, I guess so long as folks don't do it, the reason is not that important?

Anyway, V2 is for 3.7 Volts only at present.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

Sorry, I'm not being clear enough. The problem is with the voltage being more than 3.7, not with the battery being protected or not. That doesn't matter. If it's more than 3.7 Volts (total), a special circuit reduces it to 3.7 (or so it seems) so raising the battery voltage does no good at all WRT heating the cart.

Or, you could just say that since the maker said not to do it we shouldn't.

Then again, I guess so long as folks don't do it, the reason is not that important?

Anyway, V2 is for 3.7 Volts only at present.

OF

Me thinks the point was made :| ,and no further discussion is necessary ,at least 'til new

voltage regulation ~ that is all

Silvercloud538,

Darb

Yes ,a new LCD adjustable voltage top :) is scheduled for the near future ,but me believes the 14250's

will work fine @ 7.4v w/ 4.0's/5.0's as is ,just an adaptable 'spacer' :| (metal foil :tup: ,as temporary

conductor/spacer) ~ that is all

The LCD top is for the Persei.....did THC say this will work on the Omicron too?

Darb,

OF

I'm pretty sure the LCD is being released for Persei......

My understanding as well, but I'm often wrong.... You, OTOH, would know better than the rest of us, following it as you do?

Hey, DubC, can you clue me in on this 'hash oil smear test'? Sounds like very useful info to me.

TIA

OF

OF,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
You always say "~that as all" like you know something definitively. If you are speculating about something, like when you said thcscientific was going to start being publicly traded and we should all invest, you should say something like imo or "I think" so people don't take you seriously.

Seems like I remember it was Persei first, but that eventually also one for the V2. But memory can be "hazy".

Sinclue,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok lcd top for PErsei, but since now you guys are wanting it, i asked my engineer to see if we can do a lcd top for the omicron.

His response was G your killing me. I cant do miracles. So we shall see.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
i will be back later to answer questions.

clicker I am on it, and ill see what we do tomorrow when i test 10 cartridges from different ohms.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Ok lcd top for PErsei, but since now you guys are wanting it, i asked my engineer to see if we can do a lcd top for the omicron.

His response was G your killing me. I cant do miracles. So we shall see.

Yeah I can't even imagine where you would put the lcd screen or buttons on the little v2 head, maybe make a longer head and have a button/lcd screen/button sandwich?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah I can't even imagine where you would put the lcd screen or buttons on the little v2 head, maybe make a longer head and have a button/lcd screen/button sandwich?

Only way possible is have the lcd run from top down instead of east west.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

have an issue here where my omicron is not hitting well. Let me first say, I think as myself as well educated with the Omicron and Persei, since i have both and also viewed every page of this and the Persei thread and wiki.

The issue I have is i'm barely getting vapor at all with my V2 Omicron. I'm using a 2.4 and 1.5 ohm for testing, and I found when I hook these cartridges up to the Persei with 18650 3.7 battery, it works great on both cartridges. Then I try it with the 14650 battery on the V2 it barley gets any vapor at all. I've charged the batteries fully, and still faint fain vapor.

I know the 18650 is 3000MA compared to the 1000MA on the 14650, but I thought this just meant the battery will last longer compared to 1000MA. If THC Scientific or anyone that can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. :tup:

druminfected,
have an issue here where my omicron is not hitting well. Let me first say, I think as myself as well educated with the Omicron and Persei, since i have both and also viewed every page of this and the Persei thread and wiki.

The issue I have is i'm barely getting vapor at all with my V2 Omicron. I'm using a 2.4 and 1.5 ohm for testing, and I found when I hook these cartridges up to the Persei with 18650 3.7 battery, it works great on both cartridges. Then I try it with the 14650 battery on the V2 it barley gets any vapor at all. I've charged the batteries fully, and still faint fain vapor.

I know the 18650 is 3000MA compared to the 1000MA on the 14650, but I thought this just meant the battery will last longer compared to 1000MA. If THC Scientific or anyone that can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. :tup:

Hey, drum, look back a couple pages, G went over this, but the protection system in the v2 top limits voltage to 3.7. So a fresh 18650 in persei @ 4.2v is a lot hotter.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Can you show me the bottom cap? Does the blue light flicker?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom