Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Billiam

I have a omicron V1 and recently got new cartridges from a collective on venice blvd. in culver city....My last cartridge I got with the omicron worked great, got fat hits every time...however the new cartridges I bought Says 4.0 EC/6 W9 Tech on it, and all I get is hot air. I loaded about .7 of really good co2 hash in it, made sure I melted it enough for it to drip to the bottom, and still I get no hit...just hot air with no taste of the great hash I loaded it with...this is really strange...and it is also strange that there is so many different voltage cartridges when there are only two omicrons...I am confused and disappointed...is this the wrong cartridge for my V1 or is there a way to fix this super disappointing problem?

Billiam,

bruno13

insomniac
I have a omicron V1 and recently got new cartridges from a collective on venice blvd. in culver city....My last cartridge I got with the omicron worked great, got fat hits every time...however the new cartridges I bought Says 4.0 EC/6 W9 Tech on it, and all I get is hot air. I loaded about .7 of really good co2 hash in it, made sure I melted it enough for it to drip to the bottom, and still I get no hit...just hot air with no taste of the great hash I loaded it with...this is really strange...and it is also strange that there is so many different voltage cartridges when there are only two omicrons...I am confused and disappointed...is this the wrong cartridge for my V1 or is there a way to fix this super disappointing problem?

For the v1 you need 2.4 or 1.5 ohm carts.

bruno13,

wb21

V1 Omicron will not work with a 4.0 ohm cart.
You can only use 1.5 ohm or 2.4 ohm carts with the V1

wb21,

DubCRider

They sold you the wrong cart. 4ohm is for fat hits at 7.4v. The omicron can only handle 1.5-3ohm carts. 1.5ohm will provide a larger hit than the standard 2.4ohm cart.

DubCRider,

Billiam

They sold you the wrong cart. 4ohm is for fat hits at 7.4v. The omicron can only handle 1.5-3ohm carts. 1.5ohm will provide a larger hit than the standard 2.4ohm cart.

So the 1.5 cartridge gives a larger hit than the 2.4?

Damn it sucks that that stupid lady told me that was the right cartridge for the V1...what a c word...gonna go back there and hopefully they will do something for me...cause what a waste of 60 dollar co2 hash...the new omnicron will work with the cartridge?

Billiam,

Blue Dream

I awoke this morning to find that my pure gold had leaked out of my 1.5 ohm cart. I was treating this cart with the up most care!

Blue Dream,

Silvercloud538

If ya need to save cart /wax,budder ; option #1) purchase (2) x *14250's ( 2 x 3.7v >

7.4v ) ,include a metal spacer (tinfoil) :nod: => 7.4v utilizing 4.0 ohm cart :tup: ~ Walla ,

huge humulous ! :cheers:

option #2) reclaim oil ,purchase new 1.5/2.4 ohm cart :/

Psst* ... www.madvapes.com (@ $5 ea)

Silvercloud538,

Ewog

Which collective if you don't mind me asking, I've been looking for a place in LA that sells empty carts.

Ewog,

Cinnamonster

Which collective if you don't mind me asking, I've been looking for a place in LA that sells empty carts.

There's a collective called ECHC that has them, but they're $30 for a single cart!

This place says they have them for $10, but I've never been there before...
I'd call and ask before.

http://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/dispensaries/california/downtown-la/niceguy#weedmenu

You can also find single ones on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5EC-Omicr...346?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c25909bca

Cinnamonster,

2clicker

Observer
clicker your scale might be working fine for you, but it is not our scale, and it is not something i can rely on. There are steps i have to follow and our scale is used in the Jewelry industry and we do have another scale that we correlate with. So i trust my scale over others that i have no knowledge about or know what model it is, how it is calibrated, or what is the error range.

regardless there is def weight loss after "pre-oxing".

would love to know what exactly is burning off.

2clicker,

Silvercloud538

Where do you see 1.5ohm carts for 5??

If ya wanna boost voltage to accept 4.0 cart ,need to get new *batts @ 4.89 ea thru

www.madvapes.com :nod: ,PLUS ,you'll be ready to power vape flowers whenever cart is

developed ;) ~ that is all

Psst* ... rated @ 3.7v ,350 mAh ea ~ in series yielding 7.4v @ 700 mAh (enuf juice to vape 4.0/5.0 carts) :smug:

Silvercloud538,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Bob Loblaw,

wthanna

If ya wanna boost voltage to accept 4.0 cart ,need to get new *batts @ 4.89 ea thru

www.madvapes.com :nod: ,PLUS ,you'll be ready to power vape flowers whenever cart is

Psst* ... rated @ 3.7v ,350 mAh ea ~ in series yielding 7.4v @ 700 mAh (enuf juice to vape 4.0/5.0 carts) :smug:

I am pretty sure THC said NOT to do this. The "top" on the v2 Omicron cannot take it. They are coming out with a new top to make this possible in the future.

wthanna,

JoeKickass

I am pretty sure THC said NOT to do this. The "top" on the v2 Omicron cannot take it. They are coming out with a new top to make this possible in the future.

And also the guy who bought 4 ohm carts had a v1 omicron. So silver is basically telling him to buy batteries, a switch, something that connects batteries to a cartridge instead of just telling him to try to get the right cartridges... :mental:

JoeKickass,

nickzzzx

So you're telling me I can upgrade my V1 Omi with (2x)3.7v 18350 batteries and run 4ohm carts to get even bigger hits than running 1.5ohm carts at 3.7v? Can I use the same charger I've been using for the 3.7v battery? The batteries will fit fine? Does running it at a higher power affect the taste?

1.5ohm@ 3.7v = 9.1 watts
4ohm@ 7.4v = 13.69 watts

EDIT -- only possible with the V2

nickzzzx,

Silvercloud538

So you're telling me I can upgrade my V1 Omi with (2x)3.7v 18350 batteries and run 4ohm carts to get even bigger hits than running 1.5ohm carts at 3.7v? Can I use the same charger I've been using for the 3.7v battery? The batteries will fit fine? Does running it at a higher power affect the taste?

1.5ohm@ 3.7v = 9.1 watts
4ohm@ 7.4v = 13.69 watts

Me must hav misunderstood you :uhoh: ,thought we're referring to v2 :/ (replaceable batts) ~ vx.1 .of

course ,will require 4.o cart's oil to be reclaimed (R/R) :( to optional carts (1.5/2.4) since batt '"isn't

replaceable"' :) ~ ~

Silvercloud538,

Silvercloud538

Yes ,a new LCD adjustable voltage top :) is scheduled for the near future ,but me believes the 14250's

will work fine @ 7.4v w/ 4.0's/5.0's as is ,just an adaptable 'spacer' :| (metal foil :tup: ,as temporary

conductor/spacer) ~ that is all

Silvercloud538,

Ewog

Oh yeah, that is a better deal...

Although, I'm not sure how much it'll be if I was only buying 1 cart + shipping to So. Cal, but I think it'd be more than $16.87...

Where in so cal are you?
collective by disneyland sells 2.4 ohm carts for 12$ called zen o.c.

Ewog,

Cinnamonster

Whuuuuuuuuut? Really? That's really good..

I'm around Hollywood :(

Edit: fuck, I forgot to click "replyyyyy".

Cinnamonster,

Ewog

finally got my honeycomb wax hitting good heres a video:

got this one from rite green in santa ana

Ewog,

OF

Yes ,a new LCD adjustable voltage top :) is scheduled for the near future ,but me believes the 14250's

will work fine @ 7.4v w/ 4.0's/5.0's as is ,just an adaptable 'spacer' :| (metal foil :tup: ,as temporary

conductor/spacer) ~ that is all

I don't believe that's the case.

The current V2 has a protection circuit that prevents outputs past 3.7 Volts it seems. Even when charged to 4.20 Volts, it only puts out 3.7 in my tests. IIRC G @ THC said this is the reason why it doesn't drive the DART as well as V1 does, at the 1.5 Ohm level (2.5 Amps nominally) V2 is only delivering 6.0 Watts (not over 9 as expected) since the output voltage has sagged to 2.98 Volts under that load. V1, with 3.18 out is delivering 6.8 Watts.

The next version will not have this protection circuit we're told.

Anyway, I think loading these aftermarket cells in is specifically against the Maker's advice, and based on the brief tests I did, I can't recommend it either. I seriously doubt it's been successfully tried?

OF

JoeKickass

Nice video, one of these days I'll have to think up a good plot and make one...

Just got back from Harborside Oakland, possibly my most lucrative trips ever, check it out:
CNpsU.jpg

3 x Alien OG Oil ---- 86.43% * 3g = 2.593g of thc
1 x GDP SM ------- 62.04% * 1g = 0.6204g of thc
1 x Hash Plant ---- 46.73% * 1g = 0.4673g of thc
(Deal of the Day, buy $150 get $15 free hash)

So I basically left with 3.7g of pure thc.

That's over an eighth of pure thc at a price of $41.15 a gram.

:mmmm:

I love Harborside.

Top Bottom