Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

VirginHarvester- I agree with Joe, get some 1.5's, you'll like them. I personally think they put out about 85% the vapor that 7.4 puts out with 5 ohm carts. Planet vape sells singles. Then if you like it, upgrade and hook 2 buddies up with a v1 batt and cart for 40/50 to cover your upgrade. Personaly, I use my Persei at home w/4's/5's @7.4 ran through 15" Incredibowl m420 :) , and v1 like atmos rx battery on the go w/1.5's. Really, all vapes have a learning curve period, this one happens to be a little longer. It took me a while, but I think I'm pretty honed in after 6 months...lol. I wouldnt consider it an unfinished product though, because it is a concentrate portable vape, and it does that really well. The future "upgrades", I consider to be exactly that, an upgrade. I choose to accept the occasional clogg and leak(user error... Too hot). The world is not perfect, same with these carts, that doesn't mean they don't rock. I think Thc will make a perfect cart, but with all the upgrades that we all want so bad being worked on diligently, I think I can wait a while for the perfect cart. My 2 cents.

kronus

On my Persei at 5ohm @ 7.4 the concentrate pools up around the top and tip

whats the best remedy for this?? I have tried slow draws but seems to get messy easily at the higher settings

Also whats the best way to clean the little pool of concentrate that gathers around the top of cartridge and bottom of tip??

The lower settings ROCK but I love the clouds the higher volt was getting although the cart gets too hot and been timing the button presses

Can 2.4 work at 7.4 safe?? quick 1-2 button press?? Anyone try??

I LOVE THIS DEVICE

Thank You THC and G

kronus,

JoeKickass

On my Persei at 5ohm @ 7.4 the concentrate pools up around the top and tip

whats the best remedy for this?? I have tried slow draws but seems to get messy easily at the higher settings

Also whats the best way to clean the little pool of concentrate that gathers around the top of cartridge and bottom of tip??

The lower settings ROCK but I love the clouds the higher volt was getting although the cart gets too hot and been timing the button presses

Can 2.4 work at 7.4 safe?? quick 1-2 button press?? Anyone try??

I LOVE THIS DEVICE

Thank You THC and G

Wrong thread lol, but it pools because of air bubbles from heating or more likely the airtube got clogged and you sucked too hard. I've found if the cart is hot and all the concentrate is pretty liquid you can suck air from the airtube past the wick and into the oil so that it bubbles up. Some concentrates are just tricky.

I would say don't suck too slowly but be ready for clogs with a paperclip or something, don't pull too hard when it clogs! You can drain it back with gentle heating with a lighter.

2.4 at 7.4v isn't recommended by the manufacturer but I find sometimes it works ok with troublesome oils since it gets hot so quickly, just don't expect the cart to live a long life.

JoeKickass,

Silvercloud538

Why a 1.5ohm cart better?

3.7v:
1.5 ohm, 2.5 amps --- 9.25 watts
2.4 ohm, 1.5 amps --- 5.75 watts
3 ohm 1.25 amps ----- 4.5 watts

6v:
1.5 ohm, 4 amps ---- 24 watts
2.4 ohm, 2.5 amps -- 15 watts
3 ohm, 2 amps ------ 12 watts
4 ohm, 1.5 amps ---- 9 watts
5 ohm, 1.2 amps ---- 7.2 watts

7.4v:
1.5 ohm, 4.9 amp --- 36.3 watts
2.4 ohm, 3 amps ---- 22.2 watts
3 ohm, 2.5 amps ---- 18.5 watts
4 ohm, 1.85 amps --- 13.7 watts
5 ohm, 1.5 amps ---- 11.1 watts

says joe kickass

short answer is lower resistance = more heat = bigger rips

nice job bob detailing volts ,amperage ,watts :) ~ me thinks community might like an easy formula for

determining the wattage :

Amperage (amps) = Voltage (volts) / Resistance (ohms)

Amperage x Volts = Wattage (watts ,power) ~ just my :2c:

Silvercloud538,

JoeKickass

nice job bob detailing volts ,amperage ,watts :) ~ me thinks community might like an easy formula for

determining the wattage :

Amperage (amps) = Voltage (volts) / Resistance (ohms)

Amperage x Volts = Wattage (watts ,power) ~ just my :2c:

Ya it was originally from my post in the Persei thread, anyone a member on VaporPedia want to post it up for me?:D This would be good I think:

Voltage divided by resistance gives you amperage, but heat produced by a cart depends directly on power so we have to multiply the amps by the voltage again to get watts. So even though the 5 ohm cart draws a full amp less current, it actually produces more power and is a bit hotter cart than the 1.5 ohm cart.

You can directly compare carts by looking at their power (in Watts):

3.7v:
1.5 ohm, 2.5 amps --- 9.25 watts
2.4 ohm, 1.5 amps --- 5.75 watts
3 ohm 1.25 amps ----- 4.5 watts

6v:
1.5 ohm, 4 amps ---- 24 watts
2.4 ohm, 2.5 amps -- 15 watts
3 ohm, 2 amps ------ 12 watts
4 ohm, 1.5 amps ---- 9 watts
5 ohm, 1.2 amps ---- 7.2 watts

7.4v:
1.5 ohm, 4.9 amp --- 36.3 watts
2.4 ohm, 3 amps ---- 22.2 watts
3 ohm, 2.5 amps ---- 18.5 watts
4 ohm, 1.85 amps --- 13.7 watts
5 ohm, 1.5 amps ---- 11.1 watts

Silvercloud538

Greetings THC, catching back up. Have had my Omicron v1 for a few months and find myself using it less and less because of clogging issues and I just find the sessions are "hit n miss" so to speak. Sometimes everything works well, sometimes I just get a few small hits and find myself slightly frustrated, put it away and fire up my Buddha. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the Omicron but my version and results make me feel I have a product which was a work-in-progress, not quite ready for prime time.

So, I received an email from Planet Vape telling me I could order the v2 at a discount but still have to spend $75. I'm not sure that's a good deal because my v1 would presumably be shelved which means I essentially have $275 invested(bought the double kit initially at $199). As of right now I have never needed the second of my two v1s so yeah, I spent money on a double kit I didn't really need.

The new v2 has some nice features like replaceable batteries(no big deal) and no 7 second shut off. But other than that, what? Since it's not a complete product yet(doesn't have a nail cartridge, flower cart etc) and will eventually take a larger battery and perhaps some new carts the v2 essentially only a starter kit that will require more spending down the road for innovations. I could have $400 invested in this thing before too long.

I wish there were a deal on the Persei for people like me that have already spent a lot of money because at this point I'm just not sure the Omicron is anything but a money pit. As far as I can tell carts on all products are still prone to annoying clogs and leaks so.... Just not sure where to go from here or if I even want to stay on board. Maybe I should just live with the v1 and call it a day?

What is the O-PHOS?

'"O-PHOS"' will permit non-stop vaping [steady wattage ,since voltage x amps ,constant

(steady AC current)] ~ vx.1 ,tethered to USB via laptop ~ thus ,batts will only be needed when

PC access not available ,or for outside cruising ~ hope this helps

Silvercloud538,

Jay420

What concentrates medicate the best out of the omicron? So far I've only messed with oils, and they work but I feel as if I should be getting thicker clouds.

Jay420,

JoeKickass

What concentrates medicate the best out of the omicron? So far I've only messed with oils, and they work but I feel as if I should be getting thicker clouds.

Are you only using the original 2.4 ohm carts? Try 1.5 ohm carts on the v1 or v2 omicron for faster heat & bigger clouds. :tup:

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Jay420

kertong

*please delete me*
Agreed with JoeKickass, so far the *best* has been light/golden colored extract that's either earwaxy or crumbly, on the 1.5 ohm carts. Puffing out cloud after cloud with pretty much no priming or clogging!

kertong,
Reactions: Jay420

hatfieldsmama

Agreed with JoeKickass, so far the *best* has been light/golden colored extract that's either earwaxy or crumbly, on the 1.5 ohm carts. Puffing out cloud after cloud with pretty much no priming or clogging!

my experience to get the "fattest clouds" i use runnier oils... not budders/waxes. like my iso extract that is extremely runny hits super hard. i go through a gram of that stuff soooooooo quick compared to other stuff.

hatfieldsmama,

kertong

*please delete me*
ah, yes, the runny oils *do* hit well, but I find they tend to leak quite often. Haven't had the 1.5ohm carts long enough to say if its still a problem or not, though..

kertong,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
mostly cheap chinese stuff so i won't say "good", but i 'll say "cheap" and "available"
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/poegusbchca.html

Thanks Bob

Kertong: Thanks for the tip on harborside. I buy my supplies from THC via mail typically but thats good to know for sure....

VirginHarvester: Get some 1.5's. try different concentrates. Try some Pure Gold if you can get it. its expensive and doesn't last long but hits hard. I like the light colored waxes and oils best. A local place makes some blueberry wax that puts me to sleep very well.

Joe Kickass: thanks for the post. saved me from having to do it. I was already planning on introduction section explaining whats going on with all the variious configuration options and why. Explain battery trade off etc. I will paste that table in for sure. This is a missing piece to me as the consumer if not already will soon be baffled by all these various options and thats just frrom THC alone. When there was omicron is was simple. It will get done soon.

BTW: Anyone know whats up with NitroOG. Its long after fall harvest and still no product.

Jay420

Are you only using the original 2.4 ohm carts? Try 1.5 ohm carts on the v1 or v2 omicron for faster heat & bigger clouds. :tup:
ah, yes, the runny oils *do* hit well, but I find they tend to leak quite often. Haven't had the 1.5ohm carts long enough to say if its still a problem or not, though..
Alright Ill guess i'll have to go buy a 1.5ohm cart tomorrow and some wax, also how efficient are the 1.5's compared to 2.4's? Kertong and places you can recommend in San Jose ? Sorry guys I ask a lot of questions lol, and if it makes any difference I own the V2.

Jay420,

kertong

*please delete me*
I can't say much regarding efficiency, I haven't had the 1.5's long enough to go through an entire cart yet. I've been measuring loosely on and off and consumption doesn't seem any different than with the 2.4s, possibly because with the 2.4s I was milking and priming *all* the time for fat clouds. The 1.5s just give those fat clouds without all the work.

You can pick up a pack of 1.5ohms at fatty zone in mountain view, but they're $60/pack.. not the best price but if you're an instant gratification guy like me, you won't mind the retail tax, especially once you see the 1.5ohm clouds..

kertong,

hatfieldsmama

my leaks so far have not been bad.... just a little coming out the bottom after a hard session. my runny oils sometime "run" to the top of the cartridge if i leave it upside down. to prevent messes, i am sure to leave the white cap on the cartridges with runny oils so that stuff doesnt go everywhere. other than that, the leaks i get are very small and are only at places where the battery and cartridge make contact, which is very easy to clean once/twice per day.

hatfieldsmama,

kertong

*please delete me*
vishus650: i'm afraid not, fatty zone only sells them in packs of 5 for $60/each last time I was there.. you could always call and ask though, i could be wrong!

kertong,

SD_haze

Woke up to the Omicron V2 package this morning =D

Are the new batteries supposed to come not charged? I figured they would be because the V1 came charged, but I popped them in the charger and its read a charging "red", but after 10 mins or so, the charger started flashing red super quickly.

Someone asked about the flashing red charger a few pages back but I didn't see any responses, is it normal? (Because its supposed to turn green when done)

SD_haze,
Top Bottom