Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

Find a clear tube of some sort (a pen for example) and use it to make a mouth piece so you can see the vapor until you get the hang of the V2.

God advice and all, but if you check back a bit you'll find it was a hardware issue....his first cart filled needed melting down. I bet we don't catch him with that bush league problem next time?

Can I use ANY 14650 battery in my v2 Omicron, or just the 1000mah? I figured those 1600mah would be good..?? Is there a quick rundown of what batteries I can use for this? I want to make sure I get some backup.

No, not all batteries that size will work. There are several other characteristics of batteries more important to us than capacity (which is why you don't see the biggest numbers on the web coming from the maker). Absent specific model approval for this use, I'd stick with the exact version the maker uses. FYI there's more than a few 'clever guys' that bought the 'obviously better 900 mAh' RCR123A cells for their T1s and Revolutions rather than the 'wimpy' 750s the maker provided and will no doubt be willing to sell 'em to you cheap.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

I'm sorry, I can't agree with this much of what I just read, for the reasons I just posted.

Then again, I often have trouble following this poster and could be again?

OF

Evidentally ,this poster seems to think he'e the last word ,on vaping ,w/o taking in to

consideration others' opinions ~ he merely states that he has trouble following '"suggestions that

improve performance"' ~ personally ,me thinks poster suffers from '"ego"' insecurities :cool: ~ Again

,this is a personal observation and should be construed as so ;)

Silvercloud538,

OF

Evidentally ,this poster seems to think he'e the last word ,on vaping ,w/o taking in to

consideration others' opinions ~ he merely states that he has trouble following '"suggestions that

improve performance"' ~ personally ,me thinks poster suffers from '"ego"' insecurities :cool: ~ Again

Think what you wish, I'm giving my opinion (based on my training and experiences), sorry if it doesn't agree with yours. How about we post our thinking and let the readers decide?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

He posts in almost every thread on this website, if anyone is a last word it's him, seriously.

But back to the actual issue, the v2 comes with high drain batteries called "IMR" or LiMn batteries. These puppies can put out huge amounts of current and the only drawback is they don't hold quite as much power. Sure the regular run-of-the-mill 1600-1800-2000mah batteries from china will work but if you try them on a 1.5 cart I'm betting you will notice a difference!

JoeKickass,

OF

But back to the actual issue, the v2 comes with high drain batteries called "IMR" or LiMn batteries. These puppies can put out huge amounts of current and the only drawback is they don't hold quite as much power. Sure the regular run-of-the-mill 1600-1800-2000mah batteries from china will work but if you try them on a 1.5 cart I'm betting you will notice a difference!

Spot on, Joe. Not only is there more voltage sag under load (higher internal resistance) with typical batteries, but I recall at least one guy having trouble with the high currents tripping protective circuits. The IMRs are awesome in this respect, which is why the electric helo guys love 'em (their machines can draw enough power to lift themselves off).

Can't agree that low capacity is the only drawback, they're also more expensive and harder to come by. THC didn't go to the extra trouble without reasons.....

Thanks for the additional information.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

He posts in almost every thread on this website, if anyone is a last word it's him, seriously.

JK ,try the *'Trusfires' (potected) :nod::nod: ,you won't be disappointed :tup: (my vaping schedule is 24/7 ,getting 2-3 full discharges/24 hr cycle ,vs 5-6 full discharges w/1000's) ~ trust me !!

Psst* ... the 1.5's will help :tup: ,but w/o proper power (esp for heavy materials ,total discharge time depreciates quickly) :2c:

Silvercloud538,

Silvercloud538

Think what you wish, I'm giving my opinion (based on my training and experiences), sorry if it doesn't agree with yours. How about we post our thinking and let the readers decide?

OF

Let's hear about some of that training you mention :bowdown:

Silvercloud538,

Erikim

hello everyone!
first time posting. i finally gave in after months of hesitation and picked up a omicron v2. it sure is a great little device but i do have some questions for the more seasoned/veteran users.

for my first fill, i loaded up the 2.4 cart it came with, with a 0.5g cap of PG. i had vapor instantly, and was blowing clouds all day. near the end of my day, i noticed the clouds were thinning.
i would take 3-4, 5-6second pulls in a row (with 1-2 sec button release in between), give it a break, and pull again. Now that i try to take a hit this morning, im getting barley any smoke and can see the orange glow of the heating element now.

i guess i just wanted to get some feedback before i go ahead an load it up with a gram of budder. Am i hitting it wrong or burning off my PG? i had it stored upright all day, so i know the oil cant have collected on the sides, but i did notice some oil on the bottom of the mouthpiece, but no clogs.

is it safe now to load up another gram? or should i play it safe and start with half a gram? Also, any tips on maximizing efficieny and potency of hits? i have a very high tolerance and need big hits, but also dont want to burn through or waste anything either.

all in all, i guess i cam satisfied with the product. its only been a day, so i cant wait to get used to it more and for my experience with it to get better and better!

Erikim,

Silvercloud538

hello everyone!
first time posting. i finally gave in after months of hesitation and picked up a omicron v2. it sure is a great little device but i do have some questions for the more seasoned/veteran users.

for my first fill, i loaded up the 2.4 cart it came with, with a 0.5g cap of PG. i had vapor instantly, and was blowing clouds all day. near the end of my day, i noticed the clouds were thinning.
i would take 3-4, 5-6second pulls in a row (with 1-2 sec button release in between), give it a break, and pull again. Now that i try to take a hit this morning, im getting barley any smoke and can see the orange glow of the heating element now.

i guess i just wanted to get some feedback before i go ahead an load it up with a gram of budder. Am i hitting it wrong or burning off my PG? i had it stored upright all day, so i know the oil cant have collected on the sides, but i did notice some oil on the bottom of the mouthpiece, but no clogs.

is it safe now to load up another gram? or should i play it safe and start with half a gram? Also, any tips on maximizing efficieny and potency of hits? i have a very high tolerance and need big hits, but also dont want to burn through or waste anything either.

all in all, i guess i cam satisfied with the product. its only been a day, so i cant wait to get used to it more and for my experience with it to get better and better!

As w/ all batt operated devices ,1st put in a fresh batt (usually ,main issue ) ~ remember ,vx.2 is not as powerful as ther vx.1 ,but safer as far as recharging maintenance ,and will do the job ,maybe a couple secs longer ~ that is all :)

Silvercloud538,

kertong

*please delete me*
@erikim: congrats! I notice my PG goes very fast. It's thin, and some leaks out the bottom sometimes, but a .5g PG cap will last me a day or two if I use it exclusively. How many hits would you say you got from it? Also, I noticed when I fill .5g amounts, I only get to use about .3g of that, the other .2g is residual loss I guess. Also, PG is so thin that it flows and smokes/vaporizes on the heating element effortlessly - so it ends up burning off and being consumed much faster than a thicker oil. Try your BHO budder or earwax, it should last quite a while (1g of extract will last me ~2.5 days of exclusive use, 24/7 puffing)

The surest way to gauge cart life is to weigh it before you fill it, and weigh it to see how much extract is left. If you can see the orange glow down the flue of the cart, it means the oil hasn't hit the heating element yet.. so you're either out of oil, or it's stuck all up the sides of the cart, etc.

@silvercloud: Hey now, no need to throw personal insults at OF (or anyone else). :) I think a lot of us here started to doubt your credibility when you kept saying indica oils are thicker than sativa oils.. and your thought stream is a little hard to follow. I think that was all OF was saying, it wasn't something he just came up with to insult you.. not trying to start a fight, just trying to calm everyone down so we can get back to puffing peacefully :D

kertong,

Silvercloud538

@silvercloud: Hey now, no need to throw personal insults at OF (or anyone else). :) I think a lot of us here started to doubt your credibility when you kept saying indica oils are thicker than sativa oils.. and your thought stream is a little hard to follow. I think that was all OF was saying, it wasn't something he just came up with to insult you.. not trying to start a fight, just trying to calm everyone down so we can get back to puffing peacefully :D

@kertong: Heavy Indicas ,like any more viscous oil will take MORE POWER !!! :nod:

~ me hopes me made myself clear/credible ~ no hard feelings either way :)

Silvercloud538,

OF

@erikim: congrats! I notice my PG goes very fast. It's thin, and some leaks out the bottom sometimes, but a .5g PG cap will last me a day or two if I use it exclusively. How many hits would you say you got from it? Also, I noticed when I fill .5g amounts, I only get to use about .3g of that, the other .2g is residual loss I guess. Also, PG is so thin that it flows and smokes/vaporizes on the heating element effortlessly - so it ends up burning off and being consumed much faster than a thicker oil. Try your BHO budder or earwax, it should last quite a while (1g of extract will last me ~2.5 days of exclusive use, 24/7 puffing)

The surest way to gauge cart life is to weigh it before you fill it, and weigh it to see how much extract is left. If you can see the orange glow down the flue of the cart, it means the oil hasn't hit the heating element yet.. so you're either out of oil, or it's stuck all up the sides of the cart, etc.

Howdy Erikim, welcome to the fun. My experience with PG is just like KTs, it goes way too fast. I've got to take part of the rap for that though. I also agree, the cart retains .2 or so, you got 60% of what you put in. Next time you'll get 66% more hits from a half gram.

But like KT says, you're basically on empty. Don't run the heater dry, and you're getting mighty close. If you want to keep using that cart, I'd put something new in to wet the wick so it's not drying out on you.

While you might not put it there, oil can find it's way 'uphill' on the walls and never seems to completely drain off. More is in the lower chamber near the wick. But it's in there somewhere.....

KTs comment on weight is spot on. I found it really helped to understand what was going on to have some numbers. If I'd used my scale (and paid more attention) I wouldn't have screwed up an put another gram into the wrong cart overloading it making a big old mess like I did a few weeks back. I know better than to add a gram to an 8.5 plus gram cart....but you have to weigh it to know that's what you're holding it seems.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
@kertong: Heavy Indicas ,like any more viscous oil will take MORE POWER !!! :nod:

~ me hopes me made myself clear/credible ~ no hard feelings either way :)

Yup, I don't agree with that but I can respect that, we are all entitled to our own beliefs! Peace, and happy puffing! :)

kertong,
Can somebody please explain why my v1 hits harder than the v2? I have been doing side by side comparisons with the same carts and FOR SURE the v1 hits alot better.
Is there a tech reason?
thank you in advance
Marko

edit to include: I am using 1.5 and 2.4's

marko_vapo,

Erikim

thanks for all the advice guys! just got back from the shop and picked up some green lantern og. about to fill up my cart. ill be ordering a 1.5 cart soon as well!

Erikim,

Silvercloud538

Can somebody please explain why my v1 hits harder than the v2? I have been doing side by side comparisons with the same carts and FOR SURE the v1 hits alot better.
Is there a tech reason?
thank you in advance
Marko

THANKYOU Sir ,at least 'one' other vaper's experiences coincide w/ mine ~

Yes ,although rated lower mAh than v2 ,the vx.1 seems to be a ''hotter"' power source ,whose discharge cycle is very respectable ,but due to charger maintenance issues / leaking carts / early retired carts ,THC agreed ,and moved over to the safer ,high-drainers :clap: ~ ISSUE: ,heavy users will prolly look to bigger batts (14650 @ 1300 mAh and/or O-PHOS) ~ that is all :)

Silvercloud538,

OF

Is there a tech reason?
thank you in advance
Marko

Second or third time I've heard this, I don't know myself my V2 is on its way. I didn't plan to get one, but PV's upgrade for $75 came up and everyone else has one.......

So assuming this is the case (and I think it is right now), the first thought that comes to mind is the new electronics package is adding too much series resistance (often called internal resistance). This, basically, is what makes the voltage 'sag under load'. It's why the lights dim a bit when the refrigerator or washer starts too. It needs to do this to some level to sense load so it can protect against short circuits and excessive current. Does this same change happen with the latest batch of V1.Xs? It has the new electronics, right?

The batteries are basically the same, they all start out 3.7 Volts nominal but how much of that shows up as available at the socket is the difference I think. As a guess, the performance with 2.4 ohm carts is closer than with 1.5s?

If someone has a meter and some tinkering nature we can measure this, if nobody does so before mine gets here I'll give it a go I guess. No timeout and removable batteries are a neat plus, but not at the expense of performance?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Is there a tech reason?
thank you in advance
Marko

edit to include: I am using 1.5 and 2.4's

I am still waiting on my v2 as well but I have to ask, did you charge the battery before doing comparisons? A full battery is pretty noticeable ime

JoeKickass,

Erikim

i think my wax is toooo sticky and thick to load. its light in color, and holds shape, but crumbles into sticky pieces. when i try to load it with the fill tool, it barely melts, and just sticks everywhere.

tried loading little nuggets in, but i feel like it wont get hot enough for me to hit it, or for the wax to drip down to the heating element. should i stop while i still have half of it left, or try to load all of it and see how it goes. lol

Erikim,

OF

i think my wax is toooo sticky and thick to load. its light in color, and holds shape, but crumbles into sticky pieces. when i try to load it with the fill tool, it barely melts, and just sticks everywhere.

tried loading little nuggets in, but i feel like it wont get hot enough for me to hit it, or for the wax to drip down to the heating element. should i stop while i still have half of it left, or try to load all of it and see how it goes. lol

Where did you get this wax? What happens if you heat a small bit of it on some foil?

OF

I am still waiting on my v2 as well but I have to ask, did you charge the battery before doing comparisons? A full battery is pretty noticeable ime

Good point, I always do, but no guarantee other folks think to?

The goal in such tests should be to remove as many variables as possible I think. If I'm doing side by side test of carts for instance, I sometimes swap batteries if I can to be sure noting is up.

OF

OF,

Erikim

venice medical center. its melts down first, with more heat it heats into an oil that drips, but i think its to hot for the cart isnt it? i tried putting some on a needle and letting it drip in but thats a bit cumbersome.

i can load it up little pieces at a time, but just worried it might be too thick to drip down to the heating element once i do get it all in.

Erikim,

OF

venice medical center. its melts down first, with more heat it heats into an oil that drips, but i think its to hot for the cart isnt it? i tried putting some on a needle and letting it drip in but thats a bit cumbersome.

i can load it up little pieces at a time, but just worried it might be too thick to drip down to the heating element once i do get it all in.

I'm afraid if you can't melt it with a lighter on foil and evaporate to a residue free spot you're not going to be able to do more than foul up a good cart. I did this with a $50 gram of recommended taffy from a well respected Dispensary. It not only has to melt, but has to get thin enough to wick up into the wick at the bottom to reach the vaporizing element.

Doesn't sound at all like the waxes I know. Is it clear when melted? It should melt into a free flowing oil, like peanut oil is at room temperature with little effort.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

My experience w/ loading carts successfully has involved a single jet torch liter lightly feathered 'round

outside brim of filler ,compared to a lower temp bic (quicker) :) ~ towards the end of meltdown ,if ya

see bubbling ,bring torch verry lightly @ stem of driptool to heat verry briefly (bubbling will disappear

,you should be able to see metal brace of cart thru top of tool ,then all's clear !) ~

This is all based under the presumption of proper quality material used ~ hope this helps :)

Silvercloud538,

Erikim

I'm afraid if you can't melt it with a lighter on foil and evaporate to a residue free spot you're not going to be able to do more than foul up a good cart. I did this with a $50 gram of recommended taffy from a well respected Dispensary. It not only has to melt, but has to get thin enough to wick up into the wick at the bottom to reach the vaporizing element.

Doesn't sound at all like the waxes I know. Is it clear when melted? It should melt into a free flowing oil, like peanut oil is at room temperature with little effort.

OF
i took a bit on a end of a needle, and put the lighter to it. it melts quickly, and easily, but it isnt super runny like peanut oil. more stickier. and vicsous. after it cools for a 1 sec and i touch it, it get sticky like caramel. should i stop loading the rest?

Erikim,
Top Bottom