Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

kertong

*please delete me*
@THC Scientific:

I was trying to order some replacement batteries for my omicronv 2 off the delta9vapes.com site, but I see nothing there? Both my v2 omicron batteries are blown (long story) and I'm a sad, sad camper. No headshops around here sell these batts seperately..... any suggestions? :(

kertong,

OF

clear would be best... glass?? tank style...?? :nod:

I think the really cool version would have a window into the inner furnace where vapor is produced. That's where stuff happens. Maybe with a little mirror and lens so you could see the close up as you hit? We'll have to put a tiny little window washer in there to keep it clean, of course, but I'm sure THC can get that going if we just ask enough?

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, OF that would be snazzy, but a simple glass tank style upgrade would not be that much of a stretch...
never hurts to put ideas out there, I am sure I am not the only one who wishes you could see what is going on in there with the oil.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Just wanted to chime in and say how much I love my Omi and Persei! I'll be grabbing a v2 soon. I just wanted to post a family pic, so far. There is also my solution to carts and omiv1 storage. Just google "glass frog" I love mine.

2975cfc5.jpg
love it. want one. googling glass frog didn't help me. can you?

Bob Loblaw,

OF

yeah, OF that would be snazzy, but a simple glass tank style upgrade would not be that much of a stretch...
never hurts to put ideas out there, I am sure I am not the only one who wishes you could see what is going on in there with the oil.

I agree. I liked the idea right after I saw an e-cig cart with a plastic tube. For an aid in loading not so much just for something to watch since I figure it's going to be really boring. I mean it flows down, but paint dries faster.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
@THC Scientific:

I was trying to order some replacement batteries for my omicronv 2 off the delta9vapes.com site, but I see nothing there? Both my v2 omicron batteries are blown (long story) and I'm a sad, sad camper. No headshops around here sell these batts seperately..... any suggestions? :(
dude, that sucks, how'd ya blow 'em?? don't mean to sound like an ass but have you tried googling the battery type?

Bob Loblaw,

kertong

*please delete me*
dude, that sucks, how'd ya blow 'em?? don't mean to sound like an ass but have you tried googling the battery type?

No worries - yeah, I def. googled. Plenty of sources, but there's different types (protected or not, and i know the omi v2 ones are high drain, etc), so I wanted to hear it straight from the source. Would rather buy the exact model THC Sci recommends. Also, would love to get it locally if possible... :D I *HATE* being without my omi!

Oh, and I blew them with my new Thermovape Revolution LV.. turns out, after lots of trial and error (error being 3 blown batteries), that it's defective - once there's pressure on the bottom contact, something touches and grounds out or something and it shorts the battery (LED freezes for a few seconds before turning off). On the omi v2 though, it blinks 3 or 4 times, so I thought the battery was out of juice... both of them... (kertong, you dumbf*ck)

Anyways, i'm willing to chalk it all up to me being a dumbass, I just want to get things working again. Where to buy 3.7V 14650s... with the right mah/drain/protection/etc.

kertong,

The_Reckoning

love it. want one. googling glass frog didn't help me. can you?

i think they are for holding flowers in floral arrangements, I just repurposed them.

EDIT: sorry, that link is not exactly the same, it is missing the larger center hole. Although, that search should lead you where you are headed. I'll continue looking for a similar unit. If not, I have a spare I can send you.

The_Reckoning,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
are people running their Omi carts with or w/out the little white rubber seal for the top?

I throw them away when unbox the cart. They are just plain unnecessary even for the thinnest liquid (PureGold) I have yet to have any leak out and I can a unit in my pocket all the time.

The intent of these caps is for storage use only. The thing is they are not needed at all from my testing so in the trash they go.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
No worries - yeah, I def. googled. Plenty of sources, but there's different types (protected or not, and i know the omi v2 ones are high drain, etc), so I wanted to hear it straight from the source. Would rather buy the exact model THC Sci recommends. Also, would love to get it locally if possible... :D I *HATE* being without my omi!

Oh, and I blew them with my new Thermovape Revolution LV.. turns out, after lots of trial and error (error being 3 blown batteries), that it's defective - once there's pressure on the bottom contact, something touches and grounds out or something and it shorts the battery (LED freezes for a few seconds before turning off). On the omi v2 though, it blinks 3 or 4 times, so I thought the battery was out of juice... both of them... (kertong, you dumbf*ck)

Anyways, i'm willing to chalk it all up to me being a dumbass, I just want to get things working again. Where to buy 3.7V 14650s... with the right mah/drain/protection/etc.

Ouch sorry to hear. My LV doesn't appear defective like yours but I have yet to succeed using it with Kief. Will try the LV fully when I return to cali where my V2 is waiting for me.

ru_frothi,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I agree. I liked the idea right after I saw an e-cig cart with a plastic tube. For an aid in loading not so much just for something to watch since I figure it's going to be really boring. I mean it flows down, but paint dries faster.

OF
Yeah, you would have to be pretty baked to be entertained by watching the oil drip... but the idea of knowing how much is in there, and if it is sticking to the side, or not feeding correctly is appealing. I wouldn't think plastic would be a good choice as reclaiming would be more challenging, you could heat glass.

jambandphan03,

OF

Yeah, you would have to be pretty baked to be entertained by watching the oil drip... but the idea of knowing how much is in there, and if it is sticking to the side, or not feeding correctly is appealing. I wouldn't think plastic would be a good choice as reclaiming would be more challenging, you could heat glass.

Yup, I agree, as a loading aid it'd be cool. We can obviously live without it, but I'd pay a dollar more each for it.

Understood about the plastic, it's just where I got the idea from. Glass has issues with strength, folks do get clumsy. I got as far as a protective cage before I realized someone else had probably had the same thoughts before....that happens to me a lot.

Still, I wish it was clear.....

Thanks.

OF

OF,

Erikim

NO WORRIES ,these batts can take a lickin' :nod: ~ if cycling too fast ,might consider upgrading

batts and/or pre-ordering an 'O-PHOS' ~ my alternative avenue for non-stop ,party mode :)
hey silver, any particular strains you recommend from vmc? and what other shops have you tired? i was initially going to use the omi for strictly PG but it burns off tooooo fast. lol. need some good wax/budder!

Erikim,

JoeKickass

The omicron v2 batteries are imr batteries, no overcharge protection or discharge protection to "blow"

The only way to "blow" these batteries would involve some kind of explosion methinks...

You just drained the batteries too much, I've done it three times now with other imr batteries I have. Since they don't cut off if you don't pay attention you keep using them until your device dies... When you bring the voltage up a bit they will charge again.

Use a paperclip or wire and short a dead imr battery with a half dead non-imr battery for a second or two. Leave it alone for a good minute then short and let it rest again. The charger should work now, if it doesn't just repeat until the battery voltage is high enough. I've verified that the Persei charger does not want to charge batteries under 2.8v

EDIT: Just to make sure someone out there doesn't blowup/burn themselves you have to jump the batteries positive to positive, negative to negative. Just like jump starting a car, you don't want to cross the connections...

JoeKickass,

Silvercloud538

hey silver, any particular strains you recommend from vmc? and what other shops have you tired? i was initially going to use the omi for strictly PG but it burns off tooooo fast. lol. need some good wax/budder!

Heard that @ PG ,can go qwikly cos pure sativa flows like h20 thru a sieve :( ~

Beverly Hills Medical Marijuana Collective [BHMjC] :nod: ~ both shoppes are w/in range of my

vehicle [electric bike] ,and IMO ,offer best value for wax ,budder ,oil ~ particularly ,90210 OG

wax (own genetics) ,primo+++) ,Fire OG wax ( ++) ,both @ 40/g ,120/quart !! ~ VMC's got the

menu ,esp BOGO @ $60 :rockon:

Silvercloud538,

OF

The omicron v2 batteries are imr batteries, no overcharge protection or discharge protection to "blow"

The only way to "blow" these batteries would involve some kind of explosion methinks...

I think we've actually got a misuse of terms causing confusion here. We've gotten a little sloppy with this funny language we pinched off the Brits. We started calling the power units 'battery' when it's clearly more than a simple power source. In this case the part that got 'blown' was I think the control electronics. Nothing blew up any more than 'blowing a fuse' is an explosion or leaves debris about. But the V2 doesn't use a "battery" technically, it uses a "cell" (part of a battery), you can look it up if you want but "battery" means 'two or more working together' the same as two or more cannon make up a 'battery of guns' to the military. A "battery" in electricity is the same, two or more cells working together like the two D cells in a flashlight make the battery it uses. Over the years we got sloppy with this (everyone does it, I do too to avoid confusion) and thereby lost precision in the language we use.

So the real statement in Queens English (or even 'Cambridge English') should have been 'the control electronics inside the power unit was fatally damaged by unexpected high currents from a short circuit. The 14650 cell involved is operational' or some such. Spelling adjusted for the Colonials, of course.

Another description might be 'it's broke'.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I think we've actually got a misuse of terms causing confusion here. We've gotten a little sloppy with this funny language we pinched off the Brits. We started calling the power units 'battery' when it's clearly more than a simple power source. In this case the part that got 'blown' was I think the control electronics. Nothing blew up any more than 'blowing a fuse' is an explosion or leaves debris about. But the V2 doesn't use a "battery" technically, it uses a "cell" (part of a battery), you can look it up if you want but "battery" means 'two or more working together' the same as two or more cannon make up a 'battery of guns' to the military. A "battery" in electricity is the same, two or more cells working together like the two D cells in a flashlight make the battery it uses. Over the years we got sloppy with this (everyone does it, I do too to avoid confusion) and thereby lost precision in the language we use.

So the real statement in Queens English (or even 'Cambridge English') should have been 'the control electronics inside the power unit was fatally damaged by unexpected high currents from a short circuit. The 14650 cell involved is operational' or some such. Spelling adjusted for the Colonials, of course.

Another description might be 'it's broke'.

OF

You mean you think the actual Omicron unit broke? The v2 cells are imr and have no control circuits.

That certainly could be, I haven't played with one yet. But I have accidentally shorted my Persei several times trying to get a voltage reading and it seems to be able to protect itself... *knock on wood* So since the unit is much harder to replace and might not be broken, and I know from personal experience that the Persei/Omicron charger can be finicky (won't charge under 2.8v) I'm still inclined to think his situation can be salvaged.

JoeKickass,

OF

You mean you think the actual Omicron unit broke? The v2 cells are imr and have no control circuits.

That certainly could be, I haven't played with one yet. But I have accidentally shorted my Persei several times trying to get a voltage reading and it seems to be able to protect itself... *knock on wood* So since the unit is much harder to replace and might not be broken, and I know from personal experience that the Persei/Omicron charger can be finicky (won't charge under 2.8v) I'm still inclined to think his situation can be salvaged.

Yes, that's my understanding. KT tried a fresh 14650 cell in his V2 without luck. I too have heard they have short circuit protection (as seems natural to me), just like the V1 is rumored to have (no, I haven't tested it on one of mine......). I too am thinking when the dust settles we might get a different view. FWIW we've got a backup plan hatched, he's got a few more tricks to try then he's going to give me the pieces in a box so I can take a fresh look. As we all know, it's easy to get 'mind blocked' troubleshooting these sorts of things. First step is to get the 'do we have the LV cart of death here' issue resolved. Again, we're lucky, the TV factory is about 20 miles away. That happens today. Too bad the guys at TV don't know what's about to hit them.....

Another 'trick' for cells to discharged too trip the charger is to let them rest. If they got flattened under heavy load the chemistry will stabilize at a higher voltage after 'creeping up' under no load.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yup, I agree, as a loading aid it'd be cool. We can obviously live without it, but I'd pay a dollar more each for it.

Understood about the plastic, it's just where I got the idea from. Glass has issues with strength, folks do get clumsy. I got as far as a protective cage before I realized someone else had probably had the same thoughts before....that happens to me a lot.

Still, I wish it was clear.....

Thanks.

OF

Yeah, glass has been a part of my smoking devices for many years, and it comes with some risks of breakage, but most of us are well used to that by now, and I know other models of vaporizers work with glass parts as well. I see the e cig folk using the glass tanks with out much issue, if made from strong Pyrex or the like. I think people in the concentrates world could handle it. The idea has merit, hell, I've been messing around with it here just for shits and grins, but punching a hole in the omicart and casing it in a glass tank isn't exactly my idea of function, since the oils are not nearly as viscous as the e-liquids and do not behave the same, but the design of the carts could be modded to be used in this manor if thought over a bit. I am sure all of this is just wishful thinking...

jambandphan03,

JoeKickass

Yes, that's my understanding. KT tried a fresh 14650 cell in his V2 without luck.

Another 'trick' for cells to discharged too trip the charger is to let them rest. If they got flattened under heavy load the chemistry will stabilize at a higher voltage after 'creeping up' under no load.

OF

I'm pretty sure he didn't have a fresh cell to try just the two imr's that came with the v2.

both batts are dead as a doornail and does not charge. all mt omi carts no longer produce vapor off either batt.

But we'll have to wait for kertong to sort this all out, hopefully he didn't throw anything away...

And ya if I don't get them too low (below 2v, sometimes it happens...) my imr's will become chargeable again if left overnight

JoeKickass,

OF

I'm pretty sure he didn't have a fresh cell to try just the two imr's that came with the v2.

But we'll have to wait for kertong to sort this all out, hopefully he didn't throw anything away...

And ya if I don't get them too low (below 2v, sometimes it happens...) my imr's will become chargeable again if left overnight

Sorry to not be clear enough, the 'fresh cell' was his other 14650 (the one that hadn't faced the grim reaper). It should have been working when he put it in. IIRC it didn't light up without a load like it should have if the electronics was OK.

KT and I have a plan to not throw anything out (or into the Bay....), I get to play with the pieces to see what I can sus out of the deal. I won't be shy with what I find, I'm sure lots of us are interested.

Of

OF,
Top Bottom