Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
the oil was not professionally purged is this the problem If you find anything out post it I read this thread daily. Thanks

The clog is pulling to hard that i know for sure. Or your not properly cooling it down like inhaling when the button is not pressed. To cool it down and keep the air paths open.

The leak is another issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Dberm

Hey THC Scientific, maybe it would be useful for you to come up with a list of the "qwerks" of this device because it seems like there's a lot of little things you can do to ruin a cart.

If I was one of the people with a messed up cart I'd be pretty annoyed. No instructions come with the thing and when you screw something up (which is becoming more and more common) you're pretty much SOL! Cart is toast ($10) and then whatever oil you put in there is apparently gone with it.

Dberm,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Dberm said:
Hey THC Scientific, maybe it would be useful for you to come up with a list of the "qwerks" of this device because it seems like there's a lot of little things you can do to ruin a cart.

If I was one of the people with a messed up cart I'd be pretty annoyed. No instructions come with the thing and when you screw something up (which is becoming more and more common) you're pretty much SOL! Cart is toast ($10) and then whatever oil you put in there is apparently gone with it.

Instructions will be ready in the next three days. The cartridges still work but different oils different issues. I dont have these issues as we use gold thc and other highly refined oils. I had this issue with really crappy bho oils.

See this is only this board. Out of the thousands of cartridges that are out there we only have about 50-70 people that are having issues with it so far, and we get about 5 people a week having issues. I say thats a really good number atm, and about 99.9% of that time is the users fault that issues happen. This is just from our numbers as most if not all users have fixed these issues they had.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Dberm

For what it is and how groundbreaking your carts are I've got to say I'm stoked they even exist! That being said there are some finicky aspects to this product at the moment that seem like they should have been addressed in a beta tester type situation before the Omicron was released to the market, ya know?

All I can say is keep working on making it work in less than ideal conditions! And just out of curiosity, is the heating element the regular nichrome wire used in normal ecig atomizers? I've heard that the heating element is something on ecigs that could be detrimental to health, just wondering if its the same with your device?

Seems like acheiving good temps on this device is part of the problem. Why not look into ecig "mod" batteries that run at 6V? If you did that with a high resistance atomizer wouldn't that get you some nice high temps?

Dberm,

408_Grow

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
408 never blow into the cartridge, youll end up blowing the seals off and making a big mess. When it is clogged prime it a few times and inhale untill it clears. If this does not help then gently insert a needle into the top untill you hit the heating element. Turn the cartridge upside down and insert a needle gently untill you hit the heating element, If you insert it from the bottom it should touch the heating element really quick as the heating element sits on the bottom of the cartridge.

Ok thanks, will do..any word THC scientific on our conversation from before?
I might go to the expo on Friday, will you be there?
DubC will you net there Friday?

408_Grow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
408_Grow said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
408 never blow into the cartridge, youll end up blowing the seals off and making a big mess. When it is clogged prime it a few times and inhale untill it clears. If this does not help then gently insert a needle into the top untill you hit the heating element. Turn the cartridge upside down and insert a needle gently untill you hit the heating element, If you insert it from the bottom it should touch the heating element really quick as the heating element sits on the bottom of the cartridge.

I didn't get anyone to answer the phone, but we should have a an answer today. I'll be tree but not sure what days.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
vapor 4 life said:
Portland Or I have it working right now but clogs frequently anybody else experiencing this?

Yes me. I can unclog it via the method listed and literally hit the button and not draw on it at all and its clogged again without even drawing at all. repeat process of cleaning and try again without drawing and it clogs up again. I dont know how I can be drawing too hard when I dont draw at all.

I have yet to find a method that gets a cartridge working again once its clogged. all 4 of my carts have had this issue. Even the earwax is leaking everywhere now. geting frustrated with this thing. It works great when it works but its far too easy to mess up IMO.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

How have you messed them up? Feel free to hit me up and roll over with any issues. I'm thinking that torch is a fail. It most likely is heating your cart too hot if it leaks from the bottom. Is the one I filled leaking? From where if so? Warm/prime the clog loose and pull it free, it works every time for me then keeps hitting fine till it cools off.

Get SPARC oil, my carts of .5 are still hitting strong with no issues to date at all.

DubCRider,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
How have you messed them up? Feel free to hit me up and roll over with any issues. I'm thinking that torch is a fail. It most likely is heating your cart too hot if it leaks from the bottom. Is the one I filled leaking? From where if so? Warm/prime the clog loose and pull it free, it works every time for me then keeps hitting fine till it cools off.

Get SPARC oil, my carts of .5 are still hitting strong with no issues to date at all.

Yes all of them leak and fail the same way including the one you filled and the one I did after that using the funnel technique.

If I do what you say I end up with concentrate everywhere.

I can clean it out with iso and a paper clip where its not clogged. and then press the button and not draw at all and it clogs again.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

So the warming method spits oil from the mouthpiece? You sucked a bunch of oil in there if so. It sounds like you need to work on your hitting techniques. Feel free to roll over again and I'll do my best to get you sorted out.

DubCRider,

408_Grow

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
408_Grow said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

I didn't get anyone to answer the phone, but we should have a an answer today. I'll be tree but not sure what days.

Awesome, love the service! Koo, hit net up if y'all go Friday..

408_Grow,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
So the warming method spits oil from the mouthpiece? You sucked a bunch of oil in there if so. It sounds like you need to work on your hitting techniques. Feel free to roll over again and I'll do my best to get you sorted out.

no it leaks out the bottom.

how can it be the hitting technique when I dont even hit it and it leaks....

the airpath is clean. I can pull through it.

then I put in the batt. hit the button

try to pull. its clogged. (simply hitting the button causes it to clog)

I understand this thing is sensitive to drawing too hard but there seems to be no way to recover from this once it happens or at least in my experiences. I'm done for now. I've taken enough arrows for now and wasted enough good concentrates.

I've asked for a refund.

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
DubCRider said:

I understand this thing is sensitive to drawing too hard but there seems to be no way to recover from this once it happens or at least in my experiences. I'm done for now. I've taken enough arrows for now.

I've asked for a refund.

Pleas contact customer service support@thcscientific.com We will be at the Cow palace this weekend come on by and Ill personally see whats wrong and make it right.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:
DubCRider said:

I understand this thing is sensitive to drawing too hard but there seems to be no way to recover from this once it happens or at least in my experiences. I'm done for now. I've taken enough arrows for now.

I've asked for a refund.

Pleas contact customer service support@thcscientific.com We will be at the Cow palace this weekend come on by and Ill personally see whats wrong and make it right.

I just contacted support via the web form requesting a refund. I'm not coming to SF this weekend, unortunately. If you wanna stop by your more than welcome too and I as indicated I will be more than happy to donate the 4 carts for your continued R&D.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

Wow, that's all I can say......

I'm more than happy to get you all sorted at any cost but if you already requested a refund there isn't much I can do.

DubCRider,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
Wow, that's all I can say......

I'm more than happy to get you all sorted at any cost but if you already requested a refund there isn't much I can do.

I totally appreciate your help but so far I've wasted almost 3g of concentrates and have 4 non working carts to show for many many hours of reading and tinkering and trying to get this thing to work reliably for more than a brief instant. I'm open to suggestions but the techniques you showed me aren't working.

I can't explain it. Cart#3 where we filled 1/2G at your place worked flawlessly till it ran dry (pretty quick, < 100 hits). added the rest after it ran dry and it leaked. cart #4 filled in a indentical fashion. it primed easily after a few pulls and then immedialtely started oozing earwax. Cart#3 was the only one that was reliable and I've had nothing but issues with the rest.

Just got back with some Matt Rize hash. gonnna try it now...

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

If you can come up tonight or tomorrow I am more than happy to try to make things right. I can come to your place too if that is better? I want you to continue to be happy with your results like you were a page or two back. When I first read your post I was thinking your wife hacked your account due to jealousy of your new favorite toy, lol, but then it sunk in.

If the one I filled was fine then something must have happened when you filled it. I want to say it's the torch getting the cone and then cart too hot but I'm lost. Please, let's work together to make you a happy camper again.

DubCRider,

408_Grow

DubCRider..or anyone at that..remember the post about me emptying one cartridge into another? I just got back from Purple Lotus and bought a .5 of GDP C02..can i insert it into the cartridge with oil left? basically..can i mix it ?:|

408_Grow,

DubCRider

I'm not making any promises, and definitely don't burn the cart. Put it upside down in a shotglass on a hotplate/skillet and very slowly increase the heat until your oil fills the glass. It's a slow process and you don't want to overheat the cart in the process or it will leak.

DubCRider,

dankitydank

About to buy my omicron, but I know different oils work better than others...
I have access to a very dry, crumbly bright gold earwax OR a thicker, more whipped, almost taffy consistency wax/putty......which would work better? If i melt the putty back down to a more liquid state before filling would this solve the potential problem of being too thick?

Thanks.

dankitydank,

DubCRider

I have exactly the "honeycomb" earwax you speak of. Haven't melted it in yet but I'm sure it will be quite nice! I find the lighter colored(cleaner?) concentrates work best.

DubCRider,

408_Grow

DubCRider said:
I'm not making any promises, and definitely don't burn the cart. Put it upside down in a shotglass on a hotplate/skillet and very slowly increase the heat until your oil fills the glass. It's a slow process and you don't want to overheat the cart in the process or it will leak.

Everything works fine..thanks.

408_Grow,
Top Bottom