Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

vapor 4 life

So I got my omicron today after weeks of lurking around this thread hoping the Omicron was all that they were saying it was. Well I loved it right away. Great packaging , good look and feel to the Omicon . I found it easy to load w/ .6g bho and we were getting great hits right away. Me and a friend hit it at least 50 times before we put it down. It clogged once during our first session but a few seconds with the button pressed w/o inhaling cleared it. After an hour of non use I reached for my Omicron and it was clogged again, this time holding the button did not clear it. I tried repeatedly. Upon unscrewing the cart I found the battery covered in oil. So I tried other clog clearing methods I found in this thread. Iso paperclip thru center air tube and coffee straw blowing air thru center tube. Oil would sputter out and I would think I had fixed it but no. I managed to get one hit but it clogged before I could get another. I read all of this thread twice now and would love to figure this issue out. I love this device and need it to work reliably. [

vapor 4 life,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
So I got my omicron today after weeks of lurking around this thread hoping the Omicron was all that they were saying it was. Well I loved it right away. Great packaging , good look and feel to the Omicon . I found it easy to load w/ .6g bho and we were getting great hits right away. Me and a friend hit it at least 50 times before we put it down. It clogged once during our first session but a few seconds with the button pressed w/o inhaling cleared it. After an hour of non use I reached for my Omicron and it was clogged again, this time holding the button did not clear it. I tried repeatedly. Upon unscrewing the cart I found the battery covered in oil. So I tried other clog clearing methods I found in this thread. Iso paperclip thru center air tube and coffee straw blowing air thru center tube. Oil would sputter out and I would think I had fixed it but no. I managed to get one hit but it clogged before I could get another. I read all of this thread twice now and would love to figure this issue out. I love this device and need it to work reliably. [

Email support@thcscientific.com with your phone number well call you tomorrow and see about fixing this issue.

Most of the time it leaks because of:

1. White cap was used on the cartridge while you where using it.
2. Inhaled to hard
3. Heated up the bottom of the cart the location of the screw.

Very Rarely do we have a cartridge that was defective.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vapor 4 life

So I did not have on the white cap but I am sure we pulled to hard while hitting it. I also ran a lighter lightly over the cart while filling mainly the upper 2/3 def not the screw part. Can you think of other remedies. Does pulling to hard ruin the cart. Would love to take this thing out with me in the morning.

vapor 4 life,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
So I did not have on the white cap but I am sure we pulled to hard while hitting it. I also ran a lighter lightly over the cart while filling mainly the upper 2/3 def not the screw part. Can you think of other remedies. Does pulling to hard ruin the cart. Would love to take this thing out with me in the morning.

Yes pulling to hard will bring in more liquid then the heating element can vaporize. That is why we say the softer the pull the bigger the vapor.

The reason for this is the heating element can vaporize so much at one time. This ensures the right amount of liquid coming in so that the heating element will have a chance to vaporize it. The more liquid comes in it cant vaporize it fast enough so you end up having liquid stuck in the vaporization chamber and when this happens it will close the air holes found on the bottom of the cartridge.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
So are you saying I should start over with a new cart? or is there anything i can do?

Yes take a pin Flip the cartridge upside down and gently and I do mean gently insert the pin until it hits the heating element. Then hit it slow for a day or two And all rest of the liquid inside the chamber will vaporizer and level off. You'll still get clogs but that's te only way to save the cartridge now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jon_dojah

rufrothy said:
jon_dojah said:
Finally was able to pick some earwax from Elemental Wellness after using some dark blackish oil (also from E.W.) and running that for the past week. I did the frosting tip fill method and it took all of 20 sec to get 1g into the cartridge. No mess no fuss.

I must say that the wax blows the oil i had out of the water. The taste is 100x better and instead of taking 10-15 hits to get a noticeable buzz i took 1 or 2 big rips and I was stoned/stuck for a few hours. The first time I hit the wax it suprised me how strong it was and this was about an hour after smoking a joint of OG Kush during the 49er game. I said to myself this is why I bought the omicron. It actually got me higher than SMOKING the best weed on the planet imo. So getting the right thing into the cartridge obviously matters how good your experience will be. I paid $50 plus tax for the bottle of OG wax and its worth every penny imo. Can't wait to try some others that i've been hearing about.

Also to note that the oil i've been using for the past week only has dwindled down about .1 or .2 since i filled it. Thats really amazing because I really thought it would be all gone but the scale proved me wrong. It was 7.9g for the empty cartridge and 8.7 after the fill of oil. After a week it went down to 8.6 and then finally down to 8.5 a day or two later. So oils do last a LONNG time. The omicron is really amazing. I'm gonna save a ton of money vaping oils/wax instead of buying bud and also save my lungs in the process and thats the main reason I bought it...my vote for device of the year.

mmm gonna have to try the nitro OG wax you tried next. Test results came back on that for those following at home at 79.7% THC. That 5% more than even pure gold!!!

Yea pretty close to 80% with CBD 2.53%; thats the highest I've seen anywhere...the next best one would be OG earwax (currently sold out at EW) with THC=72% CBD=1.38% but its $15 cheaper than the OG Nitro wax. I literally get super stuck off a 2-3 good hits. Does anyone know of anything stronger and where to get it?

jon_dojah,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
have any of you guys that visit the dispensaries ever heard of something called "simpson oil"? apparently its a ganja oil that is extracted using an uncommon solvent (like naphthalene, i think i heard?). when i saw it (never tried it), it was a black color and apparently 1 drop is VERY VERY potent...

i heard that it is 99% - 100% THC (or maybe THC + other cannabinoids) and one drop orally will put you to sleep. i heard it can even be taken topically (applied onto the skin) and of course smoked/vaporized. its supposed to be very very expensive and potent and just wondered if anyone ever heard of this stuff.

im guessing if you guys did, youd have already loaded up the omicron with it & tried it, but is it available at any dispensaries that you have visited?

thanks!

akwardsauce,

SD_haze

akwardsauce said:
have any of you guys that visit the dispensaries ever heard of something called "simpson oil"? apparently its a ganja oil that is extracted using an uncommon solvent (like naphthalene, i think i heard?). when i saw it (never tried it), it was a black color and apparently 1 drop is VERY VERY potent...

i heard that it is 99% - 100% THC (or maybe THC + other cannabinoids) and one drop orally will put you to sleep. i heard it can even be taken topically (applied onto the skin) and of course smoked/vaporized. its supposed to be very very expensive and potent and just wondered if anyone ever heard of this stuff.

im guessing if you guys did, youd have already loaded up the omicron with it & tried it, but is it available at any dispensaries that you have visited?

thanks!

There's a few videos on youtube on it (rick simpson oil)

You can also go on weedmaps.com
click on menu instead of searching for dispensaries
and just type in simpson oil (saw one in west LA)
first one i saw was $50/g

ive never heard much about it, but I thought a black color for a solvent-based concentrate was supposed to indicate extra plant matter & whatnot (less potent)

SD_haze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Rick simpson oil is just regular hash oil. I don't know what solvent they use, but I don't think its super potent or better then gold Thc.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
ok ok...i guess i misunderstood or was misinformed. i was hoping there was something that would put knock me out in a jiffy...

ive seen the simpson oil vid on youtube & it definitely has a lot of unwanted stuff in it (pigments, chlorophylls, extra nonpolar substances). that dark black color does not look too good...they should have definitely water-cured it. i think in that video, they just use iso, right?

anyways i thought there was something else more special and if anyone knew about it, it would be the west-coasters. but i guess if there were, it would not be black/dark-green in colour.

thanks for the info!

akwardsauce,

SD_haze

the video says the type of solvent doesnt matter.

he uses naptha usually but says high% iso works

The video on how to make it made by him looks like just a oil making process simplified so anyone could do it.

SD_haze,

408_Grow

So today i came home late. Hit it earlier in the day and it worked fine. I encountered my first clogged cartridge,dun dun duuuunnn.:/ I decided to blow back into it because thats what the guy from where i got it from told me to do when its clogged. I did it, nothing happened. I actually think i made it worst. Have any of you tried this method? Anyways i grabbed a needle and dipped it in alcohol and went thru the airhole...well i think i might of messed up there too because i went down to far. I felt something i guess was the bottom of cartridge? Anyways, that didnt help either..i took the cartridge off the battery and saw that it was leaking..keep in mind ive been with this cartridge(first ever) for 300+ hits.(lost count after 223) So i grabbed some iso alcohol and qtips and cleaned the cartridge and the battery. Tried it one more time and again it leaked so at that point i decided the cartridge was no good, the correct thing to do im assuming? Anyways decided to try and empty it out into another one. I dont think i got much and i made abit of a mess but now (new cartridge) it hits like a champ once again and is giving me HUGE clouds! I think ill insert .5 of something else in there later so i know i used the cartridge to full potential...and that my friends is the story of the day.

:peace: Grow

408_Grow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
408 never blow into the cartridge, youll end up blowing the seals off and making a big mess. When it is clogged prime it a few times and inhale untill it clears. If this does not help then gently insert a needle into the top untill you hit the heating element. Turn the cartridge upside down and insert a needle gently untill you hit the heating element, If you insert it from the bottom it should touch the heating element really quick as the heating element sits on the bottom of the cartridge.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vapor 4 life

So my first cart had a clog after 50 hits that I could not remedy from hitting it to hard. So I gave up on it and loaded a second cart with bho .65 and it has been periodically clogging all day leaking onto the battery so I clean it up and stick a needle in the bottom hole prime test clean again prime again untill after some work it hits again. When it works it really works. I love it but on this second cart I am the only one hitting it and after clogging the first cart I have been hitting this one really soft yet it still clogs. At this point I would not trust it to take out into the world away from all my home vapes which is the reason I got the Omicron . Any pros got some tips for me. I really see some potential and want to master this device!

vapor 4 life,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
So my first cart had a clog after 50 hits that I could not remedy from hitting it to hard. So I gave up on it and loaded a second cart with bho .65 and it has been periodically clogging all day leaking onto the battery so I clean it up and stick a needle in the bottom hole prime test clean again prime again untill after some work it hits again. When it works it really works. I love it but on this second cart I am the only one hitting it and after clogging the first cart I have been hitting this one really soft yet it still clogs. At this point I would not trust it to take out into the world away from all my home vapes which is the reason I got the Omicron . Any pros got some tips for me. I really see some potential and want to master this device!

Vape where abouts you located? Im going to be at the cannabis show in the bay area this weekend. Come on by.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vapor 4 life

Portland Or I have it working right now but clogs frequently anybody else experiencing this?

vapor 4 life,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
Portland Or I have it working right now but clogs frequently anybody else experiencing this?

what type of oil did you use, and give me the filling process you used step by step.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vapor 4 life

both times were bho made from buds hard like glass when cold tacky and oily at room temp not runny but sticks to everything blond colored translucent filled using glass eyedropper drop on one side then drop on the other careful not to get in center. heated top of cart only to get oil down then more drops each side .65 total

vapor 4 life,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
both times were bho made from buds hard like glass when cold tacky and oily at room temp not runny but sticks to everything blond colored translucent filled using glass eyedropper drop on one side then drop on the other careful not to get in center. heated top of cart only to get oil down then more drops each side .65 total

Can you hear air going through the air holes on the bottom when you draw on it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vapor 4 life

right now it works coughing right now but I have not heard air only thing I hear out of this thing is oil bubbling when I try to clear it by priming

vapor 4 life,

DubCRider

My BHO(roommates) did that too. I think it bubbles due to extraction chemicals still being present. Did you make yours or buy it? Most of the stuff sold at collectives in SF is cleaned/purged of all this and works well. A small clog on the airpath is nothing. Hold down the button without hitting it for 5 seconds and let go. Now pull slowly getting more pressure built up with the button held down and the clog will free up.

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
vapor 4 life said:
right now it works coughing right now but I have not heard air only thing I hear out of this thing is oil bubbling when I try to clear it by priming

That would mean it is not purged right. This could cause some issues but not sure. Let me try some experiments and see what could cause it to leak.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vapor 4 life

the oil was not professionally purged is this the problem If you find anything out post it I read this thread daily. Thanks

vapor 4 life,
Top Bottom