1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Gear Nogoo non stick containers

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by Mynameismud, May 21, 2013.

1. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

You shouldn't blast into oil slick pads either but people still do it. I would say these can be used the same way the oil slick pads can be used. any solvent with petroleum (iso, butane) in it should not be used with a material that also contains petroleum (silicone). I remember in health class they showed is why not use petroleum jelly with a latex condom, within 30 minutes of applying it, the teacher put the condom on a faucet and turned in the water to show all of the pin holes the petroleum put in the latex condom (also contains petroleum).
    I would only use that tray to purge an ETOH wash or winterization

2. ParadisVapo.com

ParadisVapo.com Member Retailer

Sorry but alcool, butane and silicon don't contains petroleum !
    Silicon must be first quality for us (and cooking !), it can be soaked in alcool without problem for cleaning.
    And the butane must never be in contact with silicon (first quality or not), this affects silicon... and surely oil ! :uhoh:

Oil stick pads are made to reclaim oil from the blade, and containers like NoGoo are made to store concentrates. Never to extract :myday:

To control chemical resistances : http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/Chemical-Resistance

Enchantre likes this.
  3. clouded vision

I beg to differ, iso and butane are absolutely petroleum products and silicon is a metal, silicone rubber however is synthesized using petroleum byproducts.

4. LeTchen

LeTchen A toute vapeur ! Retailer

5. ParadisVapo.com

I just discover now that NoGoo containers are not made with the best silicon, it's a silicon peroxyde (I don't know in English !), you can see it by folding the containers and you will see white streak (you never see that with a good silicon). No problem with it if it's only for storage... but no more ;)

6. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Are you guys one and the same?

momofthegoons likes this.
  7. ParadisVapo.com

No ! Two persons !

8. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Ive read that the problem is the polarity of the solvent. Polar solvents can be used safely with silicon while non polar will break the silicon down.

9. way2

way2 Well-Known Member

Got an email from the site. These are available at 420science for 17% off

Discounted Price
    $4.94 // Single NoGoo
    $16.56 // 5-Pack
    Use promocode: NOSTICKat checkout

10. stickstones

stickstones Eccentric of mist Staff Member

I'm waiting to hear how it went for rv3rb. He's getting them for $0.88 each in bulk.

SSVUN~YAH and Tweek like this.
  11. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

Lol I'm envious of you bunch that actually have a use for more than five. I use multiple ones when I have different strains, but I've packed over an eighth of wax into a single container so it's not like their small!

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  12. Chill Dude

Chill Dude Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting a 5 set of these Nogoo containers. I don't know much about concentrate storage. Any idea how long you can safely store your product in these? Do you guys put the Nogoo containers in a glass jar for extra protection, or do you find your concentrates are well protected in just the Nogoo containers. The reason I ask is I don't use concentrates all that much so I want to be able to store them for like 2 months or so. Thanks....

13. clouded vision

I keep mine in a mason jar abd have had shatter in them for over a month without any problem

14. LeTchen

For those who ask where are made Nogoo containers, it's made in China !

15. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I don't think many people are going to be surprised by that, considering most things are made there these days.

16. LeTchen

You're right Tweek ! My main problem is not the products are made in China, China can makes very good products, but I know that the quality control in this country is very eccentric.
    Even they make false compliance papers (it's the case many time in France... I believe it's the same for the rest of the world)

17. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

stickstones likes this.
  18. LeTchen

19. MileHighLife

Perfect tool to compliment the slick pad if you make your own concentrates

20. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

I keep seeing you knocking this company and its products is there a better product you recommend? Besides the slick stacks because they hold even less than the small nogoo

JoeKickass likes this.
  21. MileHighLife

I believe the original slick ball is larger than the slick stacks.

22. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone will try and dab directly onto a hot surface with one of these. They are mainly for transferring to/from the container, not for any type of dabbing/torching.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    JoeKickass likes this.
  23. FLskwat

FLskwat VAPOLITICS!

You believe right and the original slick ball could IME cope with 12-14g of concentrates which seems a pretty fair amount for a trip...:party:

24. hanfhead

hanfhead is high

Then you will be surprised, check this review.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RAF29UO3JYE8C/

:doh:

JoeKickass likes this.
  25. mystikalghost

mystikalghost Well-Known Member

What is the best way to get concentrate out of those shitty plastic containers in to these? I have some coming my way tomorrow. I saw someone saying to freeze the stuff and then it would pop out. Any other suggestions?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors