• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Nogoo non stick containers

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Came across these at a local shop,they look awesome Im probably going to go backand buy them.Forgive me if its already been posted.

NoGoo non stick containers

dsc_0931.jpg

Looks like a better deal than than the slick stacks (unless they are super tiny, I couldn't see any sizes). 23.00 shipped for 5. [link]
Headyglass also has another silicone storage gimmick solution, the SLiK Stackable Jars. Same price for 4, but stackable more rasta-y colors and a stainless tool. [link]

All these guys kill me with their patents pending. Both the above manufacturers did forget to call the competing bits of silicone unsafe! Rookies.

SD_haze

"Microwave safe"
Perfect! I'm always microwaving my errl :haw:

[I would be curious if there is a practical point to the feature I'm missing]

gvape

I got these. They are awesome. Way better than my Slick ball. I think its a better size and I love that it has a screw lid. Only thing that bothered me when I got mine was the smell. I washed them pretty throughly, and it pretty much dissipated all the way.

Just wanted to say that I did in fact order through No Goo website, but I did a quick search on ebay, not sure why I didnt before, and they came up cheaper.

$19 Shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NoGoo-Nonst...264?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51ad10b508

Pretty great deal for a 5 pack.

gvape,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
"Microwave safe"
Perfect! I'm always microwaving my errl :haw:

[I would be curious if there is a practical point to the feature I'm missing]

Maybe for thoroughly cleaning them?

And these look like a copy of the slik stacks or vice versa. Although I do like the idea of the screw top better, which it looks like the slik stacks does not have.

Also intereted in the smell gvapes, was it the normal silicone smell that usually comes with most products? Just interested because the slik stacks say no odor but since they look like the same product im guessing itll smell when i first get it

Mynameismud,

gvape

The slik stack dont look nearly as good as the no goo that I got. I really love the feature that you can screw it on. I cant tell you how many times my slick ball randomly opened up or even to the point where someone was like oohhh a bouncy ball... uhhh no thats not a bouncy ball. Yeah PIA to clean up. But anyways, screw top is a great feature is what Im getting at. The slik stacks looks like you can barely keep the lid on. Again for the price of the no goo containers, you really cant go wrong with it. The container I first opened and cleaned really doesnt smell anymore, and it just smelled like silicone. I was mearly stating that I could smell something so if someone got it, they were not worried. Or is it something to worry about?

gvape,

dannkk

I dunno. Its probably just left over smell from the solvents used to make the silicone product. For this kind of thing, they really should wash them well before they sell them....

dannkk,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@ Gvape, let me give you my 2 cents here...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/oil-slick-products-reviewed.8329/page-5#post-388036
About the quality of the silicone...
The silicone grade of the oil slick stacks is far superior from the competition. I have heard from the Denver event the other product smelled really heavily and that the peeps from competition admited it...& I assure you the balls & the stacks do not smell at all.

About the mini balls and the stacks, their closing system is MUCH improved vs. the big ball and I cannot see one of these opening in my pockets, though the screwing feature is a good point!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/oil-slick-products-reviewed.8329/page-5#post-393278
You see it is almost a screwing feature...it is REALLY tight!

FLskwat,
Reactions: gvape

gvape

Good to know, I wonder how harmful or if at all these containers actually are. I guess I should check out the new slick products. I mean, I cant really ever have enough contraptions.

gvape,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
Picked some up myself at a LHS today.. Smell is definitely there but didn't read this thread till after I had purchased.. Will wash and hope that works. $20 for 5, thought it sounded like a good deal!

JSteez4205,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

lightbearer7

thanks for the reviews, I just saw a video that featured the NoGoo and was skeptical on the smell since it's made of silicone. I hope someone is able to find something out about the silicone affecting the wax and post it on here.

lightbearer7,

HearSeeFeel

I got these home last night and didn't trust the smell when i pulled them out of the box.

Hand washed with hot water and dish soap. Still smelled. Ran through the dishwasher cycle. Still smelled. Boiled in a pan with baking soda for a half hour. Yup, they still smell.

So, fuck it. I put a few different varieties in them overnight. It's shatter, so all I smell is the container. But, so far, the dabs I have taken taste normal.

I will try to remember to report an update :dog:

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Mine just came. Very slight but a definite odor. To me the odor was just noticeable, even with my nose in the open container. So I soaked them in running hot soapy water for 10 minutes or so, and then another 10 minutes in running water (no soap), and I if I really try hard, I think I might be able to smell something, but I'm not convinced. ymmv.

I won't have any wax until next week though; how stick proof are the containers?

Haywood,

jon braveman

Unapproved commercial account.
Hi, I own NoGoo Nonstick Products and would like to answer a few of these questions. Our first 30 cases had THE NEW SMELL, and are now manufactured with THE OLD SMELL. As soon as I heard about the issue, I had it fixed at the factory level, as well as have ALL other cases cleaned, at my expense. This is a NEW SMELL, from FDA FOOD GRADE material used to prepare and cook our food in, and the material baby food products are made of. As far as safety goes, ITS COMPLETELY NON TOXIC, and I'm mainly concerned with the quality of the stuff people are putting in these jars. I will eat this jar! Its NON TOXIC, and inert. I hope to make it someday where it changes the color of whats put into it, if its POORLY MADE AND UNSAFE. This product was meant to SAVE THE PATIENT MONEY from not losing their meds to the jar. @ Mr Boote, I appreciate your totally ridiculus statement about PATENT PENDING. YOU HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, IT IS VERY EVIDENT. I own several products that have Patents, and you must start with the patent pedning process. Notice how strong my lids stay on? Thats why its patent pending EINSTEIN! You have no business speaking COMPLETELY OUT OF SCHOOL. LOL... I love to hear opinions from random Haters, and you are the same haters that this prduct is intened to save money. You kids kill me, but its the nonsense that we have to deal with in the age of FB and IG and the internet. It used to be where it would take A LOT OF GUTS to say the things people say on the interet, who would never say it to your face. Think before you post, because it truly shows your knowledge and education background. You have no idea how powerful patents are, and that they protect us from people who copy our successfull and usefull ideas and designs. GROW UP! We have a whole bunch of new NoGoo products coming out in the next few weeks, and THE NEW SMELL is now the OLD SMELL. This is baking silcone that is supposed to be washed before use. Just like new sheets and clothes and dishes should be washed before use. We apologize for not PREWASHING them for you. Its now being done. NUF SAID......

jon braveman,

dannkk

How are you going to talk about peoples education when you wrote that whole tirade in one paragraph? So hard to read....

dannkk,

goatgobaahh

Jon if insulting people is how you respond to negative criticism. I am sure of two things

1) You wont be around here for long.
2) People wont buy your product.

People were concerned about the smell and you addressed that...no need for the tirade of insults brother.
Keep in mind im not trying to tell you what to do, but show you the perspective of a potential customer.

jon braveman

Unapproved commercial account.
Understood and you are correct, that was beneath me, and my apoogies for an off the cuff tirade. I have been expaining this unfortunate 30 case issue for weeks now. I will try to remove my off the cuff remark. I do apologize, but I do promise that I want noting but a PERFECT PRODUCT and will deliver as promised. I was also EXTREMELY proactive to fix the problem and resolve it. My apologies to @ boote for my Patent tirade and insults. I take the patients comments very seriously, and am a perfectionist. Once again, my apology.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jon braveman...you need to contact vtac in a pm to get your manufacturer's classification before posting further.

I hope you are sincere about your first post being out of line, because this product is right down my alley, but I wouldn't even consider it after that. You will find that this a mature forum and we keep it civil around here.

Thank you.

clouded vision

THE NEW SMELL is now the OLD SMELL

I'm a bit confused about what you mean by this statement, once you are properly registered can you please explain this? Also how air tight are your seals once you screw the lid all the way on? I know the slick stacks come with a glass jar to keep the air out but they also don't have the screw seal so are your products completely air/water tight when they are sealed?

clouded vision,

HearSeeFeel

I got these home last night and didn't trust the smell when i pulled them out of the box.

Hand washed with hot water and dish soap. Still smelled. Ran through the dishwasher cycle. Still smelled. Boiled in a pan with baking soda for a half hour. Yup, they still smell.

So, fuck it. I put a few different varieties in them overnight. It's shatter, so all I smell is the container. But, so far, the dabs I have taken taste normal.

I will try to remember to report an update :dog:

After a couple good weeks with these things, I am loving them! My OG still tastes like OG, Sour D still tastes like Sour D and it's never been easier to break off a little dab.

I like to throw a gram in the jar and let it melt in my car for an hour -- so it covers the bottom evenly. Once cool, I warm up my very pointy TI dabber and gently carve out my little dab.

Yes, the containers still smells like silicone and even overpowers some stanky wax, but it does not transfer over to the medicine. Less precarious than parchment, 100% less wasteful than plastic containers -- really clean product.

gvape

I do want to say that I still love my nogoo containers. Yes it did suck they smelled at first, but they have no smell now. Additionally, two friends of mine bought boxes of them and they had no smell whatsoever on them. You could tell they had been cleaned, and I still felt they needed to be washed again, but for those who are worried about the smell still, you shouldnt be :D

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Was going to buy these until i smelled them at the store. Just ordred some slick stacks from ALT instead

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Fulvic

clouded vision

So I picked up a pack of these and mine still smell but it isn't that bad, I'm sure it will fade and it doesn't seem to be affecting my oils. wThey are working really well, when I brought them to pick up my oils, my guy jumped on ebay as soon as he saw them.

clouded vision,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom