My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Hyphy

The tutorial looks more involved than it is so don't let it scare you; it's a very thorough write-up. Basically dissolve concentrate in grain alcohol, freeze for +/-48hrs, filter in the freezer, then evaporate the alcohol from the filtered solution.

Once you winterize and see all the wax and crap in the unfiltered solution, you'll never want to use non-winterized stuff again.

BTW: I don't: use a temp gun, heat the alcohol to mix it, or use a vac purger (though I plan to get one in the future). The tutorial is just a guide, don't be afraid to make adjustments.

Last edited:
Hyphy,
Reactions: zor

JBO

Oh so you basically just do the beginning and leave it in the goey state then make your thc juice with that?

So after talking to Drew he recommended that I heat it with a butane lighter instead of the hot water bath. He said it doesn't look like I've been getting my mixture hot enough so since I have a borosilicate glass beaker I used the my mini butane torch right on it. (Tried using a torch the first time with a Pyrex shot glass and the bottom exploded on me so I went to the hot water bath method.) I heated it up until I seen bubbles and then mixed it for 30 sec. And repeated about 5 times. So far I can tell a big difference in the overall viscosity and transparency and it actually seems to have gotten rid of that a lot of that white ring as well.

I also have decided to not fill the kangertech CL4.0 because I think the wicking holes are to high and don't want to leave all that extra juice in there. I am now waiting on the council of vapor Phoenix, it has a ceramic core that is permanent and should last the life of the tank. Only works it W mode which is kind of a downer, but I think it will be a better fit and is still supposed to be leak free. I'll be sure to update.

JBO,

Hyphy

Oh so you basically just do the beginning and leave it in the goey state then make your thc juice with that?
Not quite. You need to completely evap all of the alcohol to get clear shatter, and then use the shatter to make the juice. Otherwise you'd be mixing alcohol into the juice, which you don't want.

Your juice looks a lot better now. I would recommend going lower temp when mixing next time though. If you see bubbles, you're at a higher temp than you need and heat degrades concentrate/terps.

Hyphy,
Reactions: OttoMan

JBO

Oh OK I gotcha, yeah it does thanks. I checked on it again this morning and still looks the same so hopefully this is all solved now!

Your right I'm sure I affected it by heating it that much but it was just a corner not the whole vial and seems like the only way I can get them to bond correctly. I heated it the same way Drew does in his video so hopefully it didn't affect the concentrate to much. I will be sure to update once I get my Phoenix tank.

JBO,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I just attempted a concoction with Holy Terp philosopher and some Pineapple Express Oil. Unfortunately Holy Terp did not improve the flavor of my Pineapple Express (which tastes amazing), fortunately it seems to have blended well and doesn't taste bad at all. Its hard to tell if HT has a flavor to it because it still tastes like cannabis if definitely reduced the smell of Pineapple Express. Unlike other mixes this is more tolerable in my grassHopper and I don't think I'm going to have to dump a batch because of flavor,

In the past I've used EJMix, which was alright besides tasting eh, and even worse over time. I have used the microwave method in the past and had good results. CC seemed awesome but I'm interested in verifying quality on the lower initial cost products, but it looks like very good value for 25 dollars.

For my approach this time I grabbed my candle (aromacup) warmer and set a shot glass on it, if I had a smaller glass container my method may have varied but I didn't want to leave my room. I just stirred it with the needle end of the syringe.

EDIT:

I have use the HT+PE mix more and I can clarify the flavor added is similar to flowers. It reminds me of old school fresh and dirty herb which no fruit or chemical flavoring, just taste extremely natural. Its actually quite a delight in taste as I've only had concentrates for the past few months and this is exactly what herb tasted like in the beginning days, amazingly nostalgic.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: macbill

jddavid6409

Otherwise you'd be mixing alcohol into the juice, which you don't want.

Why not? If you use Ethanol for the solvent to make the honey oil (which I plan to do when I finish building my still), couldn't you just add back some of it to reach the proper liquid state needed for E-cig vaporizers?

jddavid6409,

VEGASMMJ

Most problems with mixes usually come from not stirring enough. Use a hot water bath on the stove top set to the lowest setting. Let your vial filled with wax and CC sit in the warm water for 10 minutes before you do anything. Then stir for 20-30 minutes. If you are using shatter it realistically takes 30 minutes of stirring while holding it in the water bath to get it FULLY mixed. If there are particles in your product still, the only answer is more stirring combined with low heat.

StonedCold

Hello everyone, amazing forum, so rich with information and knowledge, so thanks for having me.

From what I'm gathering from this thread i should be able to make decent (not optimal by any means) ejuice using QWISO/Winterized BHO/WET, Kosher PG USP, and EJmix or something similar but only using a few drops of it.. diluting it a lot with plain PG.. or am i off base here?

Also, it's PEG that has the horrible taste, right? not PG? My juice doesn't have to be crazy potent, but i want it to taste smooth.

EDIT: Decided Id just experiment a bit. Went ahead and ordered the 10-pack of .6gram dilutant samples from CC. Do you pros think I should I use this stuff straight up or dilute with plain PG? Ill most likely be working with dewaxed BHO, but could arrange to do it with QWET or QWISO if it's much better.

Last edited:
StonedCold,

VEGASMMJ

Hello everyone, amazing forum, so rich with information and knowledge, so thanks for having me.

From what I'm gathering from this thread i should be able to make decent (not optimal by any means) ejuice using QWISO/Winterized BHO/WET, Kosher PG USP, and EJmix or something similar but only using a few drops of it.. diluting it a lot with plain PG.. or am i off base here?

Also, it's PEG that has the horrible taste, right? not PG? My juice doesn't have to be crazy potent, but i want it to taste smooth.

EDIT: Decided Id just experiment a bit. Went ahead and ordered the 10-pack of .6gram dilutant samples from CC. Do you pros think I should I use this stuff straight up or dilute with plain PG? Ill most likely be working with dewaxed BHO, but could arrange to do it with QWET or QWISO if it's much better.
Use the the CC straight up. The whole point of it is to avoid PG.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
CC helps to dissolve and maintain the concentrate in a stable, non-separating solution. I find it tends to evaporate unevenly - it evaps a little faster than the solution itself - leaving very thick solution in your cartomizer. Should that occur, I use a portable hair dryer to get the concentrate flowing. It doesn't take much heat to get it flowing again, at least for awhile.

I think the directions say .3 to .6 ml CC per gram of concentrate, depending on how clean the concentrate is. My last batch, I put in 1 ml CC for 2.5 grams of concentrate.

Additionally, I put in a few drops of EJMix to help in maintaining the solution, and this time I put .6 ml of Kosher PG to further thin out the solution. I don't want my solution too intoxicating: I'd rather take a few smaller hits than one big one. I just want to minimize the scorching that occurs with just EJMix or PuffMajic.

I haven't tried this batch yet - a little over 4 grams: I'm making myself use up all the other stuff I have hanging around.

Last edited:
macbill,

Javydawg

Hey everyone! Long time reader here in search of the Holy Grail recipe... Lol I've read through a good amount of these pages and have tested out different stuff, but I must say I think I finally found it!

What I did was add 1.2g of $100 OG budder (costs $30 normally $40) with .6g of CC (Strawberry) and then to thin it down further I added 15ml of PuffMajic Naked. First I mixed the Wax into the CC adding little pieces of it and shaking it. Then adding more and shaking it more. Occasionally a stir but I didn't heat it up at all. Just repeat. Then I left it alone over night by then it was crystal clear with tiny pieces left but with a few more shakes it was perfect! Once that was mixed up and ready I added the 15ml PuffMajic Naked to a 30ml vial then my CC OG mixture. Shaking and stirring as well but I did notice something in there towards the top although it mixed well. So I decided okay a little heat won't hurt. I got a big bowl and heated it up in a microwave for 3 minutes and with my temp gun measured it to be about 140-150 degrees. Then placed my vial in there and stirred. Maybe like 5 minutes? It wasn't long wasn't really timing it but after that I shook it a little and left it alone for another day.

Just so you know the reason I did this was because I was waiting for my new Vaporesso Gemini Tank to arrive so I couldn't try it out yet lol so I had to wait which I think helped? Idk.... Once my tank arrives the juice was clear light yellow I poured it in and gave it the taste test. I have my tank on a evic mini vtc running temp controls SS316 settings at 24 Watts 440 degrees. I must admit the smoke production was low but the effects were perfect took maybe 5 moderate hits? If your a cloud chaser this is not for you but for medication purposes it works for me. I'll attach some pics next!
V98ZYX0.jpg

(left $100 OG x Strawberry CC right Death star x Sour Diesel CC)
mwzFPuN.jpg

dUiC1AK.jpg

Last edited:

JBO

So after talking to Drew he recommended that I heat it with a butane lighter instead of the hot water bath. He said it doesn't look like I've been getting my mixture hot enough so since I have a borosilicate glass beaker I used the my mini butane torch right on it. (Tried using a torch the first time with a Pyrex shot glass and the bottom exploded on me so I went to the hot water bath method.) I heated it up until I seen bubbles and then mixed it for 30 sec. And repeated about 5 times. So far I can tell a big difference in the overall viscosity and transparency and it actually seems to have gotten rid of that a lot of that white ring as well.

After letting this batch sit overnight it seems like a lot of the CC evaporated because I didn't have an air tight seal on the beaker. It left the concentrate stuck to the bottom and it looked like sugar. So I heated it once again, added a few drops of CC and then combined it with the old batch I scraped out of my Gemini tank. I did this because I felt like the beaker was to shallow and wanted to use the provided beaker again and the old mixture was already sitting in it. I tried multiple sessions of heating, cooling and mixing for an hour at a time then letting it sit overnight. It just kept seperating like it did in my tank with the original batch. It ended up way darker than this I just forgot to take a picture.

I ended up ordering a bottle of Tex lab kosher USP PG hoping that would be my final solution. I'm happy to say that it seems to be. I added 10 drops of the PG to this mixture(~2.5 concentrate, ~35 drops CC) and have let it sit for 60 plus hours in a cabinet and it hasn't changed at all.

I finally felt confident enough in this mixture to add it to the COV Phoenix and I gotta say it's great so far! It has a maple syrup like consistency and with the large wicking holes of the Phoenix it has no problem wicking. I am positive I reduced the potency from heating and mixing it so much but it still does the job! The one thing is that it does give you sticky lips but hey it's worth it. After the heat from a couple of vap sessions it's still holding up in the tank. FINALLY!!!!! Lol sorry for the huge sigh of relief!!

Prospector

Vaporesso Target tank on the way! I wonder if I could get a few small hits out of priming the coil with warm shatter before attempting a blend.

Prospector,

Hyphy

I don't think shatter would be a great primer.. why don't you prime with the c-juice or straight pg instead?

Hyphy,

Prospector

I don't think shatter would be a great primer.. why don't you prime with the c-juice or straight pg instead?

Oh, yea, I'm sure that would be better, but I was just wondering in the case that the tank and coils arrive before the diluents do. Just thinking out loud :)

Prospector,

grnmtnvaper

I don't like CC (connoisseur concentrates) at all. They are too strong tasting and ruin the flavor of the concentrate. I have been puff majic original happily for over a year. I started out mixing 1:1 and gradually reducing the amount of PM I was using. I was trying to make a juice that was more potent and would take less hits to get medicated. CC I thought would have been the answer. Wrong! Like some have experienced. It is very hard to mix. The CC evaporates over time which makes me think there is alcohol in it. This causes the liquid to get really thick in the tank. The cost is also way too high. Using .6 to dissolve 1g costs 7 bucks. PM is only a dollar to dissolve 1g. I have never experienced the off plastic flavors from PM that some claim. I do get it from EJ mix.

My current mix is:
.5g shatter
.5ml puff majic original
2ml pg
Several drops of various flavor art flavors. About .25ml in total flavor volume. There are lots of diy recipes on e-juice-recipes.com I tend to mix a light fruit with a heavy baked cookie cereal flavor. The resulting liquid is thin. Wicks amazingly in my nautilus mini and odyssey mini. Just picked up two RTAs to start building my own coils and be able to change Cotton regularly, easily and cost effectively.

I think that mixing and heating for 30 minutes is either excessive or an indication that the solvent isn't suited to dissolve that material. I mix my concentrate and PM first for no more than a minute or two. It takes longer to heat the water than it stays in the water. I use a blunt tip syringe and stir for about thirty seconds then another thirty repeated sucking the liquid into the syringe and pumping it back out. I hold the top close to if not completely against the bottom of the shot glass while I squirt the liquid out. This acts like a mini make shift homogenizer. If all I did was stir maybe I would be there for 30 minutes. This is just so easy I haven't needed to try any other way.

PurplE KronicS

My experience with CC is the complete opposite. I have THC in demand with a mix of 0.6g of CC and one g of concentrate. It's perfect very strong potency!

Always clean your lab glassware with alcohol until all the concentrate is removed, then rinse with water and dry very well. Always start with pristine clean and dry utensils.

1- Weight a gram of concentrate and put over a hot plate at lowest temp (~100 degrees F) until the concentrate sets at the bottom of the beaker.
2- Add 0.6g of CC and wait 5 minutes.
3- Agitate (I use a titanium dabber with a little round point) until you have a homogenous oily consistency. The more time your mix is on the plate the more it will darken, same thing using a lighter.
Remove from plate before it turns dark golden, you want a bit before, a golden caramel color!

*** Already tried every single cart possible. Best bet is a Vaporesso Gemini tank (w/ Vaporesso ccell Ni200 coil). Will post later on the ccell ss (stainless steel) coils, which come standard in the Gemini tank.

*** Last piece of the puzzle: an Eleaf 100w TC mod. Put it in temperature control with Ni (for an Ni200 Vaporesso ccell Ni200 coil) trust me on this one!

*** Want to wait at least an hour after you put your juice to hit it, to avoid nasty dry hits. Let the coil absorb the liquid and start with 150 degrees C (or 300 degrees F) , pulling slowly so the juice penetrate the ceramic coil.

*** Then increase your temp to 195 degrees C and take slow pulls of a couple seconds on, one second off until you hit the sky!

Happy Vaping,

PurplE KronicS

Prospector

Woooo my Vaporesso Target came! I have some PG right now but my PEG 400 doesn't arrive until Thursday.

For a first batch, would it be ill-advised to make a 2:1 mix with only, say .2 or .3g shatter, or wait to make a bigger blend and test from there?

d3WQEsa.jpg

Last edited:
Prospector,
Reactions: Copacetic

grnmtnvaper

I would use .3grams and up to 3ml of carrier (pg/peg/flavor). 2-2.5 would probably be the sweet spot for me. The thinner the liquid the better it will wick and you will have less problems with dry hits and gunked up wicks.

grnmtnvaper,

Prospector

I would use .3grams and up to 3ml of carrier (pg/peg/flavor). 2-2.5 would probably be the sweet spot for me. The thinner the liquid the better it will wick and you will have less problems with dry hits and gunked up wicks.

Hmm, right now I have 3 different concentrates in under 1G quantities, and was thinking of taking the smallest remains of some shatter (a quaint .12G) and starting with that as my first blend. The tank is 3.5ML, so I was going to add 1-2ML of PG and see how it works. I don't have a problem with this first attempt being very thin, given the ingredients and ratios.

Certainly not searching for clouds or flavor or a super stony high at the moment, but for simply learning purposes, this seems to be the best route.

That or waiting for more concentrate and in the meantime testing the new tank with straight PG (ehh).

Prospector,

Prospector

So I'm not sure exactly how much PG is in this but it's definitely very thin; better too much than not enough, I suppose. The good thing though is that it works! Wicked up into the cCELL with no problems. Now onto bigger batches!

I believe the cloudiness is from agitating condensation that then began mixing with the PG.

oV08Zpy.jpg

y0Wtla8.jpg

KwdtFa7.jpg

Top Bottom