Discontinued MistVape Touch

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
here is how I load oil with cotton or hemp fiber
There were three hits taken but the lighting was bad to show the vapor. The third hit was a cougher though.
Background music is "Night in Tunisia" by Charlie Parker.

Had an amazing sesh last night with some Blue Diesel goo in the MVT. Shit is super harsh on the diesel end (wasn't really my choice but only available trate when I got it), so had to move to some water filtration before end of first soaked hemp ball. By near end of second one (couldn't even finish it!), I was blotto with no pain anywhere and a head full of STONED. :smug:

Honestly, think I prefer plugged in power (with set, stable temp) for this bit, but enjoyed MVT much more than Mi or VC. Heater control and nearly unbridled power with ability to not burn hemp fiber were key. Ran through about a whole topped off LG HG2, but well worth it and many hits. Will have to be sure to have a few charged batts if I do this away from home. My throat also seems to have preferred it to honeybucket dabs. Only a few small coughs last night, and no irritation this morning. Probably due to - you got it - awesome, instantly responsive, heater control.

Congrats @mistvaporizer !! MVT my superior portable in yet another category. Mi hasn't seen daylight since comparison testing, and VCs mostly for more discrete and pocketable situations for now. Love this vape! :luv:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@DramaLV I expect to have new units in 1 to 2 weeks. Waiting on an order of coils, samples should arrive within a week and if they are good then I'll start assembly on at least a dozen units. If for some reason the coils aren't good I'll have to make them myself and that will add some time to the estimate (maybe another three days). If you are udntw from the list then you are now #3 so you will be one of the first.

peaceonearth

high since 1968
Got my Touch on Friday, some thoughts now that I’ve had a few days with it. The short version: LOVE!! :love:

First of all it’s gorgeous. Awaiting tulipwood stem from @Alan, then will post pics.

As someone who coughs at the least throat irritation, I find the hits so smooth that the clouds often take me by surprise.

Been experimenting with diff techniques and keep discovering new ways to improve my results, such as just earlier today I tried blocking the holes during a draw and …. holy fuck…

What works best for me is to wait till I see the glow (covering opposite hole to see it best) — not the first glimpse of it but when it fills the porthole a second later — before letting go and starting my draw. The times when I’ve only used timing to determine when to start hitting, without looking at the porthole, gave me inconsistent results for the same lengths of time. So then I timed the glow a bunch of times and the time it took to glow varied, depending on if starting cold, if it was a fresh battery and probably other variables. But I get consistently good results when I just wait for the glow, so … gonna go with the glow :D

Later in the draw I might hit the button again for a bit, especially if it started cold, and maybe block a hole or two… what a fun vape!

Regarding the pack… the times I tried filling almost to the brim with finely ground were not so good… to get a decent hit would need so much heat it would char on top. I did have excellent results with fine grind when microdosing with .03. Good also with fine grind filled halfway, but with that I had to stir like every couple hits. What I really like to do now is to not even bother grinding, just break off little pinches of nug and fill about halfway (~ .05), tamp slightly and away I go. Yum! Also, seems I’m not needing to stir as much… once per bowl maybe for the last couple hits.

Haven’t tried the 2-screen method, might someday outta curiosity but would rather not have to mess with screens… even when cleaning I leave them in and just soak the stem including screen in ISO.

Battery life is amazing to the point of must be magic involved.

Thanks to all for all the helpful info, and big congrats to Dave for creating this lovely and ass-kicking portable, well done sir! :clap:

:peace:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Cross-posting from the Milaana thread here:

I made a comparison between the Milaana and the MistVape Touch in terms of battery consumption. Both vapes were used with the exact same 14mm stem*, same bowl, same amount of material every time (i.e "one session")

I used the same LG HG2 cell, fully charged. It has a resting voltage of only 4.15V because it has seen many cycles already, but it's otherwise performing fine.

[* Milaana was used with a 18mm to 14mm female GonG adapter from China]

Here are the data points for the Milaana:
- after first session, resting voltage was 4.00V
- after second session it was 3.78V
- after third session it was 3.45V

>> I could get half an extra anemic session but it would put some strain on the cell at this point.

Then for the MVT:
- after the third session, resting voltage was 3.85V
- after the fourth it was 3.73V
- after the fifth it was 3.61V
- after the sixth it was 3.48V

>> At this point trigger time was noticeably longer, could have had an extra session maybe.

I could make a lengthy explanation about why it is the case, but for my very own usage pattern and technique, this is a clear case of "less is more".

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That's nice your more scientific approach confirm my stoner feedback about the amazing MVT battery life! Thanks @KeroZen !

Yeah I mean how the address was wrote.

Whether it was hand written or digital.

Hand written but I always wrote in a maneer everybody can read it and not have to guess anything... I think some members could confirm from my previous succesfully shipping . Now I just hope the package will be back to me cause I'm already in for the shipping cost (but maybe I will have to pay the shipping back to me too). I'm really unlucky actually cause this shipping and cause I had to pay +50€ tax for another vape I received...

And to go back to thread's topic, I'm still using daily my beta Touch with the Alan wood stem with glass tube , this is a extraction beast...it still produce thick clouds when you think there is nothing more to extract or from just a so small amount.... and the taste my friends.... a dream imo! @paytonpenn do you get a woody/metallic/something else special taste from your Touch or only the pure flowers profile taste I got on my palate?

There was a discussion about the taste produced by different types of wires in a wax pen.... here I don't think we can feel a difference ... what I mean is I use several flowers vapes using heating wires to vape a load and I get a good taste with all of them even if they don't use the same metal wire (with a preference for the ESV.. but maybe it's only "sentimental"). I use the Touch, ESV, Project (and Fw4) and they use respectively Titane, Nichrome and Stainless steel if i'm not mistaken.... don't hesitate to let me know if it's the case!

soulfulrebel.MC

@peaceonearth

It sure is a great little vape isn't it.. You were right on the money when you mentioned the coolness of the vapor. I've posted before about this, but the way you put it reminded me, plenty of times I'm not even sure there will be vapor ( after several draws already ) after l hit the touch. It's only when I exhale and am surprised to see visible vapor, when I didn't sense or feel it.

Which is why I've found myself hitting this vape dry a lot more than I have done with other vapes.

Welcome to the club. :tup:

Enjoy.

Plus this thread and (others) is a goldmine of information , tips, buying advice and mods you name. I recently bought a tub of PWB ( Professional Brewers Wash) from a recommendation on here. Which cleaned my glass bubblers better than iso ever could and did. Thumbs up from the missus too cos I soaked one of her burnt on oil stained cast iron pans, and got it all off & it's looking like new.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I've been kinda quiet, here is what is going on. A company is making coils for me. This is the first time so they are still setting up the operation. Originally they said I would have samples this week and now it is pushed back to next week. Once I get the samples and approve them they can run the order in a couple days.
I have 15 units ready to be assembled, as soon as I have coils. If I don't have coils from them by next week I will make them myself.
Hang in there new units should be coming in the next 10 days or so.

soulfulrebel.MC

I went to my local shops last night ( it's 30 seconds walk from my house ) and two of the local boys I know (early twenties)asked me if I had anything as they had been let down by their man. They know I vape so, long story short we end up in my car with my Arizer Air & my MVT. One of them had expressed an interest vaporizers so I thought I'd show him examples of conduction the Air ( yeah ok, hybrid) and convection with the MVT.

At first we hit the Air , thought I'd keep it simple , nothing to press just hold and suck. If my wife can do it then anyone can. She's ok with the Air too .:lol: waited the two minutes for warm up , then just advised him how to hit it. He was a little skeptical at first as the vapor didn't seem dense like smoke and sometimes the effects are more subtle. ( especially as I'm a sativa guy) So we shared a couple of stems.
He loved the flavours & taste and started to feel the effects a bit.

I then got the MVT out and explained how with Touch I could get vapor from cold within seconds , but you had to regulate the heat yourself.

I used @peaceonearth's description (hold till ya glow then yer good to go) as it was the simplest way to get consistent vapor production. And off he went . 1st time vaper ! Took to it like a duck to water, He had vapor coming out of his nostrils and was blowing clouds !! A testament to how well the MVT can perform even with a newbie.
I showed him my skills 5-6 second preheat ( no glow , don't y'know :science: ) :lol: Carbed it , you name it basically just hit some big clouds in the car. :rockon:

He was amazed at the flavour ,how little 'erb was used, how long it lasted and properly mashed at the end of it, and surprised as f_ck ! :uhoh: He loved it ! He said the Touch was the one he'd get if he buys a vaporizer.

A possible vape convert, as he was also most impressed with the lack of smell as he still lives at home .:sherlock:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Think I've finally finished mods to my much loved MVT. Didn't want to go in too deep to start, so went lightly and did more until I got it to here. Guess this is the result of about 3 sessions, but not too much time really. I grooved out a thumb spot on one side, took away some on the other side for fingers, and hard to see in pics, but also put a little dent in side above air/viewing port for thumb rest. Fits my hand VERY well now, and loving using her even more. I wrap my hand around the unit and usually work button with middle finger. Through the process I also hit all of it with 600 wet/dry sandpaper and added my special wax blend (bee's wax & walnut oil) after every round.

If you try any of this, take it slow and light. This maple is super soft and almost too easy to work sometimes. I'd advise nothing less than 250 grit. That's what I used by hand after 150 grit Dremel cylinders (lightest I had on hand) in first session to really clear some wood.

Beautiful, efficient, responsive - damned near perfect. I still use my VCs regularly too, but MVT is unquestionably king of the portables for me right now! Also, included a pic of my purpleheart stir tool. Love it too!! Carry both in a little bag with an extra batt and a test tube of ground material in an airtight doob-tube. Cargo pocket-able so good, but still trying to find the perfect kit bag where things aren't clunking against each other. Trying to work out a new little portable camera case now.

Not the best pic, but shows both sides together. Notice the little glob of wax near the switch! Went and cleaned her off when I saw it while editing pic. You can just about see the thumb rest, but it's just barely a flash of light on the side.

HUpJcoF.jpg

Thumb side - Looks like dirt on the notch, but double checked and only in the picture. Oh well. Again, can almost see the thumb notch above the air/view port. Tough to catch with pic, though. It's not too deep and football shaped, but a bit wider closer to notched edge.

TlVyZCv.jpg

Finger side, but shows thumb side notching pretty well, too. The battery door is just a bit darker (I only gave it one quick sand with 600 sandpaper), but not so much of a different tone as here in pic - even in bright sunlight. I really like the contrast in real life. Here a bit too much, IMO.

y2rfBp0.jpg

Really dig this cool tool! Might be nicer if it matched the MVT (in maple), but I'm a sucker for the purpleheart, so really like this better. It only got one sanding with 600 grit, but 2 coats of wax. Really brought out the beauty nicely and this pic doesn't do it justice. The round collar fits great on the end & on the 14mm glass. At first the groove (bottom side of collar in pic) didn't seem deep enough, but works great and has only fallen off the end of the stir tool once rattling around in current kit bag. Kind of surprising. I figured I'd be digging around for it every time. The side you see up here on collar is the beveled edge - another great feature! The whole thing is closer to the color/tone of the collar side in real life. Sorry - I'm a horrible photographer.

6iTBRDq.jpg

Does anyone know if the cylinder on the end opposite the stirrer is that long for a specific purpose? It sticks out from the collar (when it's on there) and I was tempted to cut it flush so it would stand upright easier (and look a bit more "finished" IMO). So far I haven't, and kind of glad I held off. I use it to set my screen depth and seems to be just about right.

EDIT: A few more ramblings I meant to include above but forgot. Not my fault! This Pink Cookie shit is kickin my ass! Anyway...... I like to mod all sorts of shit to suit myself, but not for the sake of modding things like some do. With vapes? Not so much. I sanded my Mi and gave it a coat of my wax. I've tried different screen and chamber mods with a couple vapes, too. But, have never been inspired to go this wild on anything for consumption since I used to make my own bamboo bongs wayyyyy back when.

Something about the MVT, though. Not that it was incomplete as it came - not at all. But, have just felt very "close" to this vape since I got it. So, inspired is definitely the word for it in this case. Just felt I needed to make my MVT MY MVT, and enjoy using it so much I wanted to make it a little more comfortable for how I like to hold it instead of changing that up. Still waiting for that damned Zion I paid for almost two years ago, and may enjoy the regulated power of it -larger form factor or not. But, MVT ain't going nowhere soon - or anytime in the foreseeable future! Thanks again @mistvaporizer !! Wouldn't dare say this is best or near best, for all - but sure as Hell is for me!!

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was on a thc break for a couple of months and just got my mvt out and it won't heat up. I tried a couple of different batteries and made sure they were charged. The battery is rattling around a little, I'm thinking it's not making a good enough connection anymore for whatever reason. Not sure why. I tried screwing it in pretty tight and pressing on the door but it didn't help. Before the break it worked fine and since then all I did was wax it and put it in my dresser.

Any help would be appreciated.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke see this post http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mistvape-touch.23205/page-55#post-1126395
I did a video showing how to use the stir tool and show it seating a screen.

THANKS!! Don't know how I missed that one. Or, more likely I caught it while very vaped and forgot about it in moments. Figured it out along the way somewhere and glad to hear this is the purpose. Does work well.

Had a fun one out last night with MVT. Couple friends and I had quite a few sessions outside the bar where we were catching a friend's band. Many thanks to @soulfulrebel.MC for his story above. Like that he has maybe turned another combuster on to vaping, but followed the same path with my seldom vaping friends. All seemed to work out a little better than expected (especially with these two particular friends and alcohol!). A couple of light scorches here and there, but with a fine breeze going the right way we were blowing huge clouds and people 10 -15 feet away had no idea - in spite of some of the skunk we were vaping. Fortunately knew a few of them and was able to confirm.

Love to be able to get a good buzz on while out like this!! Saves me considerable $$ on my bar tab, too.

rozroz

hey all :)
my MVT still working fine and i thoroughly enjoy using it.
i tend to turn the stem around slowly while inhaling, so i get even burn all the time.
pretty easy to do.

however, since this was my first unregulated convector,
i now think i might wanna get me a regulated one.
i can count the seconds to get different temps,
but mostly it will turn out as an A or B temps.
around 6 seconds for low temp,
and then 7 and up for higher temps.
very hard to control that.
and when i use a conduction vape, going up the the regulated temps still saves a couple more uses,
even more than MVT.
so i imagine having a regulated convector will still be the best option for me.

sickmanfraud

hey all :)
my MVT still working fine and i thoroughly enjoy using it.
i tend to turn the stem around slowly while inhaling, so i get even burn all the time.
pretty easy to do.

however, since this was my first unregulated convector,
i now think i might wanna get me a regulated one.
i can count the seconds to get different temps,
but mostly it will turn out as an A or B temps.
around 6 seconds for low temp,
and then 7 and up for higher temps.
very hard to control that.
and when i use a conduction vape, going up the the regulated temps still saves a couple more uses,
even more than MVT.
so i imagine having a regulated convector will still be the best option for me.

Check out the Tubo-Evic. Found under unreleased.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@PPN the coil in the Touch is SS, a while back you posted and I think you misspoke on the heater coil's material.

mistvaporizer,
Reactions: PPN
Top Bottom