Discontinued MistVape Touch

little maggie

hey all :)
my MVT still working fine and i thoroughly enjoy using it.
i tend to turn the stem around slowly while inhaling, so i get even burn all the time.
pretty easy to do.

however, since this was my first unregulated convector,
i now think i might wanna get me a regulated one.
i can count the seconds to get different temps,
but mostly it will turn out as an A or B temps.
around 6 seconds for low temp,
and then 7 and up for higher temps.
very hard to control that.
and when i use a conduction vape, going up the the regulated temps still saves a couple more uses,
even more than MVT.
so i imagine having a regulated convector will still be the best option for me.
I like the MVT- I use it with a whip and it's great. But you might check out the tubo evic which is available now even though it's in the unreleased section. It's software regulated so you can set it up how you want.

rozroz

I like the MVT- I use it with a whip and it's great. But you might check out the tubo evic which is available now even though it's in the unreleased section. It's software regulated so you can set it up how you want.

thanks, yea i'm into that Tubo thingy.
but i can still read on reliability issues there, and cannot see a price tag.
also i ship internationally so need a "safe" product...

little maggie

thanks, yea i'm into that Tubo thingy.
but i can still read on reliability issues there, and cannot see a price tag.
also i ship internationally so need a "safe" product...
It's from Switzerland. I don't think there are reliability issues so much as minor software adjustments. It doesn't look like anyone has had to return one because of problems. If you check the thread you'll see that there are no negative comments about the tubic or reliability issues - which is pretty rare with a new vape. You message funkyjunky for the price. It is in your price range.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
This morning I tried out the glow technique instead of counting like I usually do and I like it more. It's nice to just wait for the glow instead of counting in my head. Though I did get closer to combustion on one stem then I ever have. I need to order some of those low profile screens so I can pre-fill stems better.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I'm with snacks on this one. I just wait for the feel (taste/temp) I am used to and try to come off the button before I think I need to. Works for me but everyone will have their own technique. Going for the glow can get closer to combustion.
Got the first samples of coils and they are close but not quite. Have to tweak them and give the manufacturer feedback and they will send more samples. Really hoped this would be right the first time.

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Depends on how close the load is to the heater. With the silicone bowl, I get it a good distance away from the heater. That way I can get that coil glowing without fear of combustion. :)

drterps

This morning I tried out the glow technique instead of counting like I usually do and I like it more. It's nice to just wait for the glow instead of counting in my head. Though I did get closer to combustion on one stem then I ever have. I need to order some of those low profile screens so I can pre-fill stems better.

I've been trying this method and it's the most consistent way to use this by far. you really get nice even extraction and it doesn't matter what charging level your batteries are at you get a consistent hit everytime.. I'm just waiting for glow then releasing button and drawing.

also this works great with or without water. Using wood wide stem in water and long stem dry...

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Could you integrate a stirring mechanic in a vape if you make a round indent about double the diameter of the stem with a pin or something in the middle? So you stick the stem in there with the pin or whatever going into the material and then you just move it around to stir. If you press it against the ceiling none should spill out.

Would that work? I guess resin and stuff might make that kind of dirty. Also it would only go side to side and not up/down.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
interesting idea @StormyPinkness . It would only work if you had the stem below the heater, else the herb just falls into heater. so a Touch being used upside down could be rigged with some sort of stirrer.
If you built a cage out of SS screen with a stir paddle inside you could maybe rig that to stir.
I'm just thinking out loud folks.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
interesting idea @StormyPinkness . It would only work if you had the stem below the heater, else the herb just falls into heater. so a Touch being used upside down could be rigged with some sort of stirrer.
If you built a cage out of SS screen with a stir paddle inside you could maybe rig that to stir.
I'm just thinking out loud folks.
I guess I was thinking just in the body of the vape itself. Like a little circle drilled into the body (not all the way through) with the pin in the middle. So the pin is recessed into the vape and never pokes you. Maybe in the bottom of the vape so you don't see it too.

Like this really poorly done windows paint image:
temp.png

Edit: I'm bad at explaining stuff. Also drawing.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

I've not had any difficulty using the Touch, aside from combustion on an early-use bowl or two. However, I just tried the "starts to glow, release button, then draw" method.

I've only vaped one stem with this method, as I'd like to get a few questions answered before I continue, but I think I like it. I got good flavor and plenty of cloud, and it actually appeared to vape the stem more evenly (though I did find it could still use a stir after each draw). My early impression is that this should make the Touch much easier to share as well.

So, @mistvaporizer, if you don't mind, my questions:
Is this certain death for the coil?
If I destroy the coil, is it a big deal in terms of difficulty, cost and/or time?
Are there any battery safety concerns?

My apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything with a search, aside from one warning that it's bad for the coil.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@RelaxedNow I can only say that it will shorten the life of the coil some but I don't know by how much. I have run coils full on for 5 to stress test the unit. Those coils still performed fine after the test. The coil is 22 gauge SS, high quality material.
Sorry I can't give you a better answer.
Fried coils can be replaced if you send it in. Cost would be less than $50 for the replacement, haven't really priced out that part of it.
As long as you don't run the battery too low it should be ok.

soulfulrebel.MC

The only time I take my coil to glow nowadays is to get an idea of the state of the battery . As there is obviously a direct link to the time taken to reach glow, to the charge left in the battery.

I can totally understand why this method is used as the Touch is unregulated vaporizer, Which means it requires some manual ( you ) input. Now I can only speak for myself , but I've found often when things can get a little unsure it's usually due t the following reasons;
I'm more baked than I thought! The Touch will still give good vapor when the battery is quite low, but after a much longer press. When I'm baked this can be hard for me to realise as I'm able to to inhale for around 30-40 seconds if I want to.

1.Which can lead me to keep trying to extract from a almost fully done load.
2. I 'm not aware of battery being low so am not pressing button long enough.
3. Can't remember if stirred the load etc.

These are just some of the things that I do and I sure there are lots of variants of this among all users.

So I do understand that at times you can consistently get a good hit from the touch, using this method. I would just add sometimes if you're able to, maybe just check yourself or re-focus for a second. Consider is the load done ? How is the charge on the battery ? Does my load need stirring? Just a few basic checks.

I usually find for me that's where the culprit lies. I don't think it's wrong to use the glow method as if my battery is low, then seeing the glow will get me what I want sometimes . I think maybe just be aware that it's not a necessity and that you can get great results quite easily with the Touch. Definitely one of the most responsive unregulated I've used. Which tbh is only the MFLB, Milaana, and the Touch in that order. However I think that they are all very good examples of unregulated convection.

Try to get to the stage where with the Touch that with a fresh battery and fresh load, you can pre-heat for 4-5 seconds from cold. It doesn't have to be exact and you don't have to count . Then start to hit it with the button pressed and release while continuing to inhale for as long as you can. Hold in for at least 4 seconds, then exhale, Repeat but with less preheat . Start from there or thereabouts and tweak it for yourself.
This will extend your battery life and probably the life of your coil.

Using a blow torch or Rocket lighter vaporizers not for me as just not as stealthy in the Uk, besides if I can get the job done (using liquids or wax) in one unit, then that's for me.

"I try not to pat myself on the back but the stir tool and collar is a great tool."

No need Sir have a pat from me.:clap: My Purple-heart stir tool and collar are the business. I am constantly reaching for them. So handy for filling with the sloped opening. :tup: Pure Genius.

Last edited:
Top Bottom