Discontinued MistVape Touch

DramaLV

Gotta give some credit to @sickmanfraud, he suggested adding the funnel shape to the collar

I just wish mine actually fit on the stir tool on either end. I give it a week before the leapord wood collar is lost ...also wish the stems stuck in the unit like I arizer air stems (orings already on order). Def gonna take some getting used to but guess time shall tell how much I like and if it's for me or not.

soulfulrebel.MC

I just wish mine actually fit on the stir tool on either end. I give it a week before the leapord wood collar is lost ...also wish the stems stuck in the unit like I arizer air stems (orings already on order). Def gonna take some getting used to but guess time shall tell how much I like and if it's for me or not.

The O-rings were the first things I bought. I got mine from my local hardware shop, most places should stock them.
The other end of the stir tool is for tamping down your load and also basket placement & top screen ( if using the double screen method) placement as well.
I 'd hate to lose all that functionality just so you don't misplace your collar. Just get a box or a tin and keep the stir tool and collar plus any other bits in it.

It works and is the simple fix. Only other way could be to widen the stir end to fit the collar being pushed over it . With a tapered effect slightly bottom heavy. I'm not sure whether or not this would be an easy adjustment for Dave to make. It may be a possible idea for the future stir tools , but for now just try to your best not to lose it. ;)

Let us know how you get on with it. It may not be for you or you may feel that the benefits outweigh your initial gripes, as you said only time will tell.

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Had one for a few days so far and I have to say this is my favourite portable yet, it has even had me not using my vapcaps.
Taste is exellent right up to the end of the bowl and it is so efficient, I have just ordered a few coloured stems one short and one long to go with it and some new 18650's...

Tried the different methods to use and I prefer just using my taste to tell rather than going for glow although I don't mind the results that way either, I have had good results sandwiching some concentrate between some bud and the session lasted ages..

Are there going to be any different woods for new models? Def gonna grab another at a later date..

Take it easy all

DramaLV

The O-rings were the first things I bought. I got mine from my local hardware shop, most places should stock them.
The other end of the stir tool is for tamping down your load and also basket placement & top screen ( if using the double screen method) placement as well.
I 'd hate to lose all that functionality just so you don't misplace your collar. Just get a box or a tin and keep the stir tool and collar plus any other bits in it.

It works and is the simple fix. Only other way could be to widen the stir end to fit the collar being pushed over it . With a tapered effect slightly bottom heavy. I'm not sure whether or not this would be an easy adjustment for Dave to make. It may be a possible idea for the future stir tools , but for now just try to your best not to lose it. ;)

Let us know how you get on with it. It may not be for you or you may feel that the benefits outweigh your initial gripes, as you said only time will tell.

My plan is to take the wood down some on the stir end enabling it to fit. I carry a "paraphernalia pack" (as I call it) for my arizer air but that's because I carry so much extra to go with it. Don't really feel the need to carry a whole pack for a stir tool and collar.

I think the tool would be perfect if the stir end came to the same taper that the stems do allowing it to snuglly fit on the wood on the stir end.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The one end of the collar has a step which the stem fits into, it isn't tapered but does sit snug. The other end is for tamping and seating screens. Making the collar fit onto the stirrer for travel etc is tricky just because the wood wants to expand/contract depending on local conditions. So I might make it fit just so but when it gets to a different climate all bets are off. I could fit some o rings somewhere but that increases the time to manufacturer and raises the price.
From the start of this project I've tried to keep the price down which is important but it also limits how complex I can make things.

I've been working with a company that has machinery to make coils. We have gone through two sample batches which were both close to what I need but they didn't quite measure up. Seems the third time is the charm.
uuwTBXr.jpg

Here are a few of them. So far they are working out nicely. I replaced the coil in my personal unit with one of these and really like it so far. They aren't "better" than the coils I make but it saves me time and angst. The downside is I need to order at least 1,000 to make it worthwhile. The upside for the diy crowd is I may offer coils to the brave souls that want to try to make their own vaporizer.

Last edited:

little maggie

Cross-posting from the Milaana thread here:

I made a comparison between the Milaana and the MistVape Touch in terms of battery consumption. Both vapes were used with the exact same 14mm stem*, same bowl, same amount of material every time (i.e "one session")

I used the same LG HG2 cell, fully charged. It has a resting voltage of only 4.15V because it has seen many cycles already, but it's otherwise performing fine.

[* Milaana was used with a 18mm to 14mm female GonG adapter from China]

Here are the data points for the Milaana:
- after first session, resting voltage was 4.00V
- after second session it was 3.78V
- after third session it was 3.45V

>> I could get half an extra anemic session but it would put some strain on the cell at this point.

Then for the MVT:
- after the third session, resting voltage was 3.85V
- after the fourth it was 3.73V
- after the fifth it was 3.61V
- after the sixth it was 3.48V

>> At this point trigger time was noticeably longer, could have had an extra session maybe.

I could make a lengthy explanation about why it is the case, but for my very own usage pattern and technique, this is a clear case of "less is more".
I've had the same experience with the ones you tested. I'm using the MVT this week and do find the battery lasts longer. I usually don't care about batteries because I have several charged so I replace them easily. But what I am especially liking about the MTV is how small an amount I can use and how long it lasts. I'm using the 2 14 mm screen method so they won't hold much to begin with. With my Alan stem and whip it's very mild.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I want to thank @mistvaporizer for fixing my mvt's battery issue. I want to especially thank him for sending out some copper foil for me to use temporarily so that I could use it for a couple of mystery science theater 3000 movie nights before sending it in. The customer service is above and beyond what it needs to be.

Though I had a moment when I got it back and put in a fresh battery and it wasn't firing, I actually went "noooooooooooooooooooo" for about a minute and shook my fist at the heavens. Then I realized the contact on the door wasn't low enough and screwed it in tighter and it was all good again.

Also took the opportunity to grab some extras stems and screens and water stuffs, currently in love with this:
IMG_20170630_084408-_ANIMATION.gif

Google made the animation for me. Let me know if the gif is annoying, I'll edit my post and put in a pic instead.

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hey guys, I noticed this evening that my MVT has a rattle to it when gently shaken. It seems to live on the side opposite the coil (perhaps behind the button), but I can't say for sure. It occurs both with and without the battery installed and essentially sounds like something is loose and moving around in there.

Unit is operating normally otherwise.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Hey guys, I noticed this evening that my MVT has a rattle to it when gently shaken. It seems to live on the side opposite the coil (perhaps behind the button), but I can't say for sure. It occurs both with and without the battery installed and essentially sounds like something is loose and moving around in there.

Unit is operating normally otherwise.

The only rattlings I've had are with loose-ish stem and loose battery. O-ring trick has kept stem from rattling, and a thin cardboard sleeve took care of battery.

Might it be the stem? If not, probably a good idea to contact Dave in message or email.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@sk8man121 there is a tiny piece of wood which is glued in place to hold the button back piece in place until the bottom cover is screwed in place. That could have come loose which is trivial. Anything else that could rattle would shut the unit down. If you want to send it in I'll take a look.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Apparently there has been an issue with a FW4 so I have looked at the Touch to see if there are any problems. The only thing appears to be if the wrap on the battery is damaged it may be possible to momentarily short the battery. If the wrap is intact no problem. The bottom line is make sure your batteries are in good shape. If they wrap is damaged you can buy re wrap kits on line. Please don't push your luck and try to use a battery that has a damaged wrap.
The part that can be a problem is the wrap around the positive terminal. As the door shuts the "bump" in the copper anode strip on the door could contact the outer metal part of the battery and the positive terminal causing a short.
There have been no incidents where this actually happened and I want to keep it that way. If you have any concerns please contact me or post something, info@mistvaporizer.com
I just sacrificed a LG battery, cut away the wrap around the positive terminal and carefully assessed the possibility of shorting. With the battery I had and the anode strip I tested the "bump" was able to ride the gap between positive terminal and the outer negative housing. That is it did not short but it was very close. A different battery or anode strip might have shorted, it is possible but if you are careful and make sure your battery wrap is intact there is no danger.
I am considering changing the battery polarity at some future date. If the negative pole was up then it would not be possible to short the battery. I'll keep everyone informed.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Haven't posted here in a while because I had a problem with my MVT. Seems like button stuck when I put it down and walked away from it. Dave and I have discussed and this was probably caused by a couple factors. First my abuse of button with fingernails, leaving many cuts in it. Second, my leaving it in a very humid environment on a glass cutting board (kitchen after much hot water/steam, damp hands on MVT, etc). When I got back to MVT it was very hot, with scorch marks around the air holes, darkened glass tube and a melted on/off switch. Battery was pretty low, but OK. Seems the drain of power melted on/off switch and this shut it down. Maybe not the best fail-safe - but saved my ass, so I'm very happy with it. FWIW, think this is the first issue like this AND took a bit of discussion to figure out what may have caused it. I also have to assume a good bit of the blame. Rode hard and put away damp ain't good for any electronics, especially something like this. Me being rough with her since I got her probably didn't help either. But, think I've learned my lessons.

Dave was more than understanding and hooked me up with repairs and more. Looks like I have one of the new coils, all wood was cleaned up and refinished (he even smoothed out my notches much nicer I've worked for a custom grip!), new on/off switch, new pressure button, only Dave knows what else, and even threw in a new stem and couple of basket screens. SO GLAD TO HAVE HER BACK!! I've only run 2 half loads through her since getting her back this afternoon. Hitting as well as ever, and maybe better. Have been using Mi in her absence so hard to say. I do like the Mi, but have preferred the MVT since the first week or two with her. Think all of my comments about that are a couple pages back in this thread, but quick reason is I find MVT more refined.

My Zion finally arrived yesterday, and am just getting a good grip on her. Even so I'd say I like it a little better than MVT (sorry, @mistvaporizer !), but not really a fair comparison - and possibility of getting one new if you're not already paid and waiting is very doubtful. While no cord, it is a huge chunk of wood that I don't see taking out often. Portable? Yes, Carry-able? Not without a bag. I would put MVT in a solid second place. More refined heating allows me to work temp to exactly how I like it, and is compact enough to use on the go, pretty discretely if necessary. Mi still a great vape, but I'll grab the MVT first for my use almost every time, so it's getting the bronze.

As I think most do, I work the button a good bit and in different ways based on all the usual variables (strain & moisture content of material, desired buzz level, what kind of hit/vapor I want, where I am, etc). The response from good finger work on MVT is precise, and more responsive than anything I've used (and much more than from a few women I've dated :cool:). By the second load I just did (after not using her for a few weeks) I was back in the groove coasting along right where I wanted. This is amazing! And, probably my favorite thing about her. Honestly, I think her looks have a little more character too. :tup:

Should also mention just to be clear, Dave had her back to me within a week of me finally sending it in for repairs on a week with a holiday in the middle of it to boot! Took me a couple weeks to mail it to him. :shrug:

THANKS, DAVE!

little maggie

KeroZen has been posting in a different thread about battery safety and making sure there's no grinding against the positive end. With some of the vapes the positive side can be away from the strip. He did write this about the MVT: In the MVT the door slightly grinds on the positive, so I took the habit of pushing the cell down with the tip of one finger while sliding the door. The pressure is small and the contact is round but better be safe than sorry (I told Dave to consider reversing the cell polarity, but as is you can't just insert it backwards as the MVT touch switch is polarity sensitive)

I've just started being much more cautious about these batteries. I used to just leave them in the charger until I was ready to use them. Now I remove them when they're charged.
I'd like to see the polarity on the MVT reversed except that would require my buying another one which I'm not likely to unless there's some interesting wood. I've been using my MVT pretty exclusively right now and really like it. I use it with a stem from Alan and his double basket screen system. It works really well and, even though I microdose anyway, the baskets are so small it forces microdosing.

RelaxedNow

KeroZen has been posting in a different thread about battery safety and making sure there's no grinding against the positive end. With some of the vapes the positive side can be away from the strip. He did write this about the MVT: In the MVT the door slightly grinds on the positive, so I took the habit of pushing the cell down with the tip of one finger while sliding the door. The pressure is small and the contact is round but better be safe than sorry (I told Dave to consider reversing the cell polarity, but as is you can't just insert it backwards as the MVT touch switch is polarity sensitive)

I've just started being much more cautious about these batteries. I used to just leave them in the charger until I was ready to use them. Now I remove them when they're charged.
I'd like to see the polarity on the MVT reversed except that would require my buying another one which I'm not likely to unless there's some interesting wood. I've been using my MVT pretty exclusively right now and really like it. I use it with a stem from Alan and his double basket screen system. It works really well and, even though I microdose anyway, the baskets are so small it forces microdosing.

Good advice from @KeroZen. Fortunately, I got into the habit of pushing the batteries down soon after I received my MVT, as they otherwise obstructed the door to the point it was difficult to close. So far, I haven't seen any wear at all.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just wanted to pop on again and say I LOVE THIS VAPE!!

I've got my brand new Zion I waited years for. I'm really liking it and enjoying getting more familiar with it. Still had to put it down after a load last night so I could get some time with MVT in. I usually don't even use her too much in living room where my vape station is. But, couldn't resist running a few good loads through her since she's back home.

Had some wicked good nugs (Pink Cookies) to put in her. 2 loads (after 1 in Zion) was maybe a little too much. I was ripped! And, still getting just what I wanted out of her as I wanted with what has now apparently become second nature touch sensor feathering for me. Lovely! All this while so stoned it took me almost 1/2 hour to make a milkshake (usually about 5 minutes).

You know when you get so stoned your hands and feet don't feel like your own, and the room around you seems like it is on a tilt? Yeah... there and a little beyond. Not often I get this ripped hanging at home by myself on a week night - and wasn't really planning to last night. But, couldn't resist adding that 2nd load to her, and didn't want to stop hitting until it was totally spent! Thankfully settled for milkshake instead of 3rd load through her. I probably would have woken up out in the backyard or something - Hell, in a neighbors backyard for that matter.

Still dig all the vapes in first line of my sig below. Think this will be my arsenal for some time and that VAS - while not slayed - is in check. There is something really special about this little beauty, though! Maybe this is just personal for me, or may be because I've been able to get so "in tune" with her. But, she really floats my boat! Hope others are finding the same, or will soon as they get their own feathering technique down. Many similarities, but Mi just doesn't do this for me and is going to be what I bring for others to use while I'm hitting on my sweet MVT - cause they ain't touching it!

I don't know what you did differently, or whether it was intentional or not, @mistvaporizer . But you're a genius in my book either way! Well done, Sir! Very well done!
:tup: :clap: :bowdown: :love:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
@mistvaporizer As a FW4 owner, I'm both saddened and slightly frightened (heightened awareness), since I used the vape regularly for the past 9 months. Re: the MVT, I must comment that the first few times I loaded/removed a battery (I exclusively use LG H2s), the wrap around the positive terminal was damaged due to a poor fit and trauma caused by the door. I threw three of them away as a result of not appearing safe to use.

That said, I've since made a habit of pressing down with a fair amount of pressure on the positive terminal once the battery has been inserted before then replacing the door, which slides on much more smoothly and does not impact the wrap.

For future buyers, I believe a fix for this should be high on the list considering what has come to light with the FW4.

Edit: Furthermore and since you've identified that a short IS possible with the current units, it would be nice to see said fix available to current owners a la the FW4. I believe Marc is very smart (and commendable) for not even taking a slight chance with this. The end result could be maiming or even death in the hands of a user unfamiliar with a working knowledge of 18650s.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I agree @sk8man121, I have been thinking this through since @KeroZen pointed out that battery reversal would do the trick. I can pull that off for new units but I am trying to come up with something that could be used to retro fit existing units.
Recently I have experimented with polarity protection, that is the unit will only work when the battery is installed correctly. I have the circuitry working but haven't finalized the design modification needed to make it a working fix.
@flotntoke I went through a lot of coil designs and with paytonpenn's help settled on the stacked pancake. The harder I work the luckier I get.

sickmanfraud

@mistvaporizer As a FW4 owner, I'm both saddened and slightly frightened (heightened awareness), since I used the vape regularly for the past 9 months. Re: the MVT, I must comment that the first few times I loaded/removed a battery (I exclusively use LG H2s), the wrap around the positive terminal was damaged due to a poor fit and trauma caused by the door. I threw three of them away as a result of not appearing safe to use.

That said, I've since made a habit of pressing down with a fair amount of pressure on the positive terminal once the battery has been inserted before then replacing the door, which slides on much more smoothly and does not impact the wrap.

For future buyers, I believe a fix for this should be high on the list considering what has come to light with the FW4.

Edit: Furthermore and since you've identified that a short IS possible with the current units, it would be nice to see said fix available to current owners a la the FW4. I believe Marc is very smart (and commendable) for not even taking a slight chance with this. The end result could be maiming or even death in the hands of a user unfamiliar with a working knowledge of 18650s.

If you ever damage a battery's wrapping you can simply put on a new wrap (I think that imrbatteries.com) includes a couple of free wraps when you buy batteries). Buying new wraps is very inexpensive, 10 for $1.

Top Bottom