• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
You're missing the point. Regardless of the design, if the materials are of the highest quality and it is certified in all aspects, etc. I think there still would be value. I would feel alot better about using my solo, if it had these things, especially considering the airpath.
Of course it has value, but value is subjective, and that's a fact. A very expensive car, for example, is never worth the price to me. If I won mega millions in a lottery, my perspective might change. If using a vape this expensive makes you feel safer or whatever, then maybe it's worth the $ for you. But it'll never be worth that kind of price to me, unless maybe I win that jackpot.

If safe materials are my prime consideration, I'm already there with the Cloud, which includes an HT I can also use with other vapes. Got it with a $100 Vapolution for that matter. What the miniVap provides, value wise, for the extra $500, isn't worth to me and won't be for the vast majority of vaporists.

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
I disagree, due the the point of portability. The Cloud has much value forsure, but won't match the portability of the minivap.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
To get portability it'll cost you $758. Assuming I'd pay that much $ for a vape (I wouldn't), I'd certainly never consider taking it out of the house.

max,
Reactions: zmurder

tepictoton

Sorry I can not provide you with the information asked... I send the producer a link to his thread, it's up to him now...

tepictoton,

Jimjim

I've been talking to Jorge via email for the last few months. He's a really nice chap and he's answered all the questions I have asked him. It is due to the materials used that this vape costs so much. You can email him at info@minivap.com he will answer all your questions!

Jorge has offered me both versions of the minivap at a discounted price, I'm just deciding whether to get one or carry on waiting for my cloud!? Decisions decisions. I might get both

vape4life

Banned for life
Get both dude! lol What was the discount price? Thanks man, I know this thing is expensive, but if it's worth it, i'd buy it too. Wonder what the materials are all about.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
sorry for the back to back posts but for some reason there is no edit button anymore.

Are there any canadian/american distributors other than ebay? I have no problem putting down the $600, but i'm not paying $115 for shipping through UPS (which means closer to $200 with brokerage). I have just emailed Jorge with a bunch of questions including this and will report back.

I have lots of respect for a company that stands behind their product with a 60 day money back guarentee. I mean, i'm pretty sure there isn't a single vape manufacturer that offers that. And many manufacturers could learn something from this.

vape4life,

tepictoton

Jorge had an american distributor, he will get back to you on that for sure. I just can't remember who exactly it was.

tepictoton,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Tep, I hope it's not the one on eBay. I'm really excited about this product and after much reflection, I don't believe the high price should be an issue (contrary to so many others in this thread, myself including at one time) due to the warranty and money back guarentee.

What would you compare the airflow to? I'm assuming it's MUCH better than the Solo?

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
I don't believe the high price should be an issue
Price is always an issue unless you've got money to burn, and it's obviously an issue for many. It's been available for a couple of years at least, and no buyers have shown up to report on it. I'd look for a significant price drop if they want to make a go of this product. It's already been lowered by almost $250 since it came out at $1000.

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
I had no idea it was lowered $250. I still don't understand how the price is high when it comes with a money back guarentee and 3 year warranty. The only problem is no reviews, but i'm hoping to change that in the near future.

vape4life,

Jimjim

Do you need money to burn Max? Most people have a home unit and a portable. The minivap is dual purpose and yes its cost $750 but if you purchased a cloud and say a wispr, you would nearly paying the same anyway.

Jorge is a one man band and he wants this unit to be aimed at the medical market hence why its so expensive because of all the medical grade materials used.

Like with a lot of products, the original RRP is always on the high side and they generally do come down in price

Jimjim,

vape4life

Banned for life
Good point jimjim, just like the Solo started at $300 and now you can find them under $200. Plus add to that the a/c battery bypass adapter, car charger, extra year warranty (possibly going to 5 years on the minivap), and the thing I value the most MONEY BACK 60 day guarentee.

The only thing is that I think i'm going to need some proof of the materials. That is something that definitely does not come with the Solo.

I'm not sure why, but i'm really excited for this vape, maybe even more than the Cloud, and i've lost all interest in the DV for some reason.

jimjim, do you know what the rigid mouthpiece material is made of? I know the longer tubes are silicone.

vape4life,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Do you need money to burn Max? Most people have a home unit and a portable. The minivap is dual purpose and yes its cost $750 but if you purchased a cloud and say a wispr, you would nearly paying the same anyway.

Jorge is a one man band and he wants this unit to be aimed at the medical market hence why its so expensive because of all the medical grade materials used.

Like with a lot of products, the original RRP is always on the high side and they generally do come down in price

Spending 700$ in two different vaporizers is not the same as spending in only one, it has long been established that there is no best vaporizer because each has its strenghts and we are still to see the unit that is the stealthiest, tastiest, most flexible unit around.

Right now, you evaluate your objective with each vaporizer you buy, along with other variables such as price, maintenance, life time of the materials and choose accordingly.

The minivap is very good in theory, but it is not the best in every area. I would rather buy 3 different vaporizers and spend 1000$ instead of 700$ of the minivap.

That said, i wish i could just burn money at will. hehehe. :)

The medical market only needs to be expensive because desperate people tend to not care about the money.

vorrange,

Jimjim

The medical market is just expensive in general because of that fact vorrange. Anything in the medical market tends to be expensive whether that being drugs or equipment (I know, I work for the NHS).

We'll have to wait until myself of vape4life get one and one us does a review!

Jimjim,

vape4life

Banned for life
The ONLY reason i'm even thinking of getting one is due to the 60 money back guarentee. This way, I can buy it and if it's not what I wanted, i'm only out the shipping and can return it instead of selling it at a loss.

Props to the company for this.... i've also invited Jorge here again.

vape4life,
Reactions: Jimjim

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The medical market is just expensive in general because of that fact vorrange. Anything in the medical market tends to be expensive whether that being drugs or equipment (I know, I work for the NHS).

We'll have to wait until myself of vape4life get one and one us does a review!

You are basically saying there is not a valid point in arguing that it is expensive because it is for medical purposes.

I don't think manufacturers have to keep the prices low, or have an obligation to do that. And i believe some materials really are more expensive. And i also believe many times we can be quick to judge and assess the value of a product based on what we seen or heard in others.

But i do think it is plain stupid to argue that because it is intended for medicinal purposes it has to be expensive. The DBV or the SSV can be as medicinal (since it has a clean airpath) as the minivap and you don't see them using that argument.

So, and because this forum is to help people discuss and evaluate experiences that help them and others, a better lifestyle, i believe there are better alternatives without compromising your health with hazardous materials used and without spending that much money.

I can also add that the vaporizer market in Spain is expensive, from the websites i went to, which might contribute to the higher price. Economy is a bitch.

Jimjim

Who is arguing? We are just having a discussion. I was just saying items designed and made for the medical industry tends to be expensive. I'm no way saying it is worth that money but medical materials tend to be expensive, captive market

Jimjim,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Arguing as in friendly discussion. :)

I understood what you meant Jimjim, but in the vaporizer world i don't think that should be used as a reason for a higher price. And from what i gather, the manufacturer did not say anything about medical materials. Just that it was intended for medical purposes and the materials were top of the line, although he did not disclose the type of materials used.

The medicinal aspect is very apealing, it is like a statement of high quality and it is used freely and without much attention these days.

I don't think a vaporizer has to have medicinal purposes to have the best materials available and materials who don't harm you in any way like plastics off gassing or electronics on the vapor path.

I think a vaporizer has to have the best materials despite its purpose being medicinal or recreational just because it is intended for another human being. And there are a lot of vaporizers who fit the bill, while not claiming medicinal purposes.

For me, that argument sounds more like a marketing strategy. It should be a given, not a plus!

vorrange,

Jimjim

No worries vorrange :)

I see what your saying but if you are using expensive materials, its going to be a expensive vape. I did say to Jorge if it was priced more competitively he would have people queing up for it. But as it stands at the moment, the price will remain high

Jimjim,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
That is too bad, because if you take the price issue, it would compete with the best vaporizers out there.

As it is, it just competes with the medicinal vaporizers out there.

vorrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
Alot of times the cost isn't just reflective of the actual materials used or production, but rather the time and R&D that goes into it.

Top Bottom