• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

tepictoton

And don't get me wrong, still love my solo. In comparison to my previous vapes it definately is a huge improvement...

tepictoton,

vape4life

Banned for life
is the vapour thicker/denser? the solo has an awesome taste, hard to beat the SS/glass

vape4life,

tepictoton

well, if glass 'tastes' so well because of the lack of a taste (from the glass) then the miniVAP did exactly that. And as I said, to my subjective feeling th miniVAP seemed better at keeping the full spectrum of the flavor present during several hits...

If I want to be really critical then I would say, after using the solo for couple of weeks now, that you do start to smell some faint electronics smell. Gues that is what is going to happen when you keep heating these things up? This smell however does not interfere with the airpath, it is more or less the smell you get from smelling the machine itself. The miniVAP I tested was used intensifely in the days before and did not smell of anything.

I told the producer, immediately after taking the first hit, that if they would have given me this vape blind folded I would have said for sure it is completely made of glass...

Again, I want to remind you all that my time with this vape was short, yet very impressive, but I cannot be called an expert, and I can make mistakes...

I can elaborate a bit more on it maybe, I keep on remembering small things that might add to the information. Strange how much we sometimes can observe without really realizing it...

The herb chamber is not really a chamber as such, but a space that is created above the aluminium heating element. This is done by first placing a 40micron screen in the airpath that fits in a ring located about 3milimeter from the heating element. Then a little teflon ring is fittet on top of that screen, and another screen is added. This creates a 'tube'in the middle of the vaporizer that is closed of by a lid that is attached to the top, and to which the stem and or silicon tube is connected. This lid also has a 40micron screen mounted in it. Al screens can be replaced by the user if necessary.

Another point to add, and to give more perspective on the price again, is the fact that the vaporizer comes equiped with al the needed tools to keep it clean, several spare screens, two mouth pieces and two tubes. This is al packed nicely in a carrying case from case logic. The case is definately not bigger then a small camera case, and it contained al these things. So also the battery, the charging stand, and the bottom part you can attach if the battery is not in use. If you buy the 'cheaper' version the only thing that is missing is the battery and the charger stand for the battery. Just thought this might be worth mentioning.

I'll try adding the picture. The miniVAP to my feeling was not too big, but it was big enough to undo any stealth aspect to a portable vape wich for some might be a turn off. And if you used the miniVAP with the wallplug it is actually smaller then the solo...who is going to invent a portable socket hehe? Anyone?

372486527-thumb_IMG_1635.jpg

vape4life

Banned for life
You got my stoke on this thing, especially coming from a brother solo owner. I can sacrifice the bigger size due to the battery because of the longer charge. I could see adding this to my collection and using the solo as more of a backup to it. Are the stems silicon? i know the tubes are..

vape4life,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I wish the high grade plastic was a norm in all food grade materials, unfortunately it is not so, and vaporizers are even worse sometimes so i congratulate these guys for using such materials.

From your review tepictoton, this looked like a very promising vaporizer, mainly to use at home since it is not stealthy but from the price of the miniVAP and then some, i could buy a cloud, shipping included to Europe, and i live close to Spain.
This for me is the biggest problem, the price just doesn't cut it.

Taking the solo as a comparison, at ~200$ it is an average price for its quality. I would believe ~300$ would be a fair value for the miniVAP, considering its quality and its competition.

Not that i have any clue of the costs involved with the manufacturing, it just seems excessive IMO considering the alternatives. I cannot justify spending the same as a cloud+solo in one take.

I am sure i am not alone.. :peace:

vape4life

Banned for life
forsure, i mean the all in one kit is $900. If it was even 599 I would buy it. they should re think their marketing.

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i agree Max ... i like the pricing -- makes a $500 Bud Toaster appear very inexpensive.

Hippie Dickie,

vape4life

Banned for life
If you're sold at $600, I think their marketing may be on the right track. :lol:

Did you look at what was included in the kit, that stuff isn't cheap, and if the materials are of the highest quality, it could be worth even more. If a vxc is $450 out the door, I don't see why their all-in-one with a/c battery bypass, docking, car charger, etc kit couldn't cost $150 more, especially considering the cost of the Volcano.

vape4life,

tepictoton

Maybe for the people from certain states you could contact the producer trough their website and ask if any dispensaries that might be close to you sell them. Maybe a test might be possible then.

I totally agree on the price being high, yet from how my meeting with the producer went I do feel like this is definately not a rip-off of any kind. It felt more like a well taught trough thing, set-up from the ground by one guy, and one guy only, with no compromises made. There are lot of producers here on the forum, and they must for sure now what the best of materials will cost you.

Then having this thing produced locally, in this case meaning Spain, is not a cheap decision either. And it is a complete package, not just a vaporizer...

I guess we can discuss this till the end of times...and yes, even though I really loved this experience, I don't know either if I will be able to convince myself it is worth this much money. I do know that if money was not an issue I would not have let Jorge leave with the vape...

It would be nice to have some other, more known members to get their hands on this vape...I feel a bit like sticking my head out into unknown territory:p

I asked him about the lack of information and no appearance on the forum, and he immediately replied his focus was first and foremost on the medicinal side of the story. I guess this translates in practice as keeping a low profile...

we talked a bit more about this, but he said he was not a marketing genius and he only recently got together with someone who would do more on that side of the story. So I guess we will see about that.

Really hope soon more will appear here to give their opinion...I would also not put so much money down on the base of one persons 'subjective' review...

vorrange

Vapor.wise
There are lot of producers here on the forum, and they must for sure now what the best of materials will cost you.

I would love to hear more about about quality vs price when it comes to raw materials. IMO it would help evaluate the quality of the work better in pricing terms.

Then having this thing produced locally, in this case meaning Spain, is not a cheap decision either. And it is a complete package, not just a vaporizer...

I hear you, but as you can see many log vapes are also locally made and although some materials are not expensive, the work from start to finish is a lot, in working hours i mean, and they have a fair value. I'm even willing to say some could be more expensive given the work it takes.

I asked him about the lack of information and no appearance on the forum, and he immediately replied his focus was first and foremost on the medicinal side of the story. I guess this translates in practice as keeping a low profile...

My imediate thought as i was reading this part is medical patients are willing to pay more because they need it, most people just want it. And here in the FC forum there are many serious medical issues being treated with the help of vaporizing so he would still be focusing on the medicinal side.

All in all, it is like you said, if you have enough to spare, this is a great product. :D

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Does this thing have a plutonium powered battery? Platinum plated screens? A diamond heating element? I just don't see where all that money is going.

SF Giant,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It has high quality plastics man, do catch up.

:cool:

So how do we clean this, can you boil it, can it be soaked in ISO, do we have to buy a special high quality plastic cleaner for 80 bucks a bottle?

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
It's for the "medical crowd" and it's made in Spain where apparently they make lotsa money and that's why it's the most expensive portable out there.

vape4life,

tepictoton

hmm well if you keep on at it like this what's the use of me answering you guys? Tell me?

I already said I asked the producer why he does not appear here, told him there are many serious medical users to be found here. Again, it has been a one man operation, he simply did not have time for it and decided to invest his time first and foremost into research and further development here in EUrope. In case you did not notice the forum is a more or less American thing to my feeling. He has directed his energy first and foremost to the European market. Seeing it is a small company I can imagine covering the european market will keep you bizzy for a while...but what do I now hey.

I can keep on repeating that I also think the price is high, yet I do not think it is way over the top. yes it's high but does it feels like he just set this price to get rich quick? No it does not.

Again, I'm not blindly supporting this thing, but some here seem to make it into a sport to blindly attack things they do not know anything about. I thought i was doing this community a favor by telling them a bit more about a product that they do not know yet.

And just for the sake of it, is there any producer on here that can show me in black and white that they had their unit checked inside and out by scientists?

Is there any unit here that carries the CE certificate, meaning it has been upheld to the strictest of testing for it's intended use? So no potpourri bullshit, it has been tested and approved medically to do what it is supposed to do, namely deliver essential oils trough inhalation?

Any one unit? Come on there must be no? Any unit carrying any kind of certificate?

Any units out here carrying multiple patents? And each patent will cost you a lot and will take time...

But hey, just keep going at it like this, and you surely will get al the answers you need to support your ungrounded opinions...

But I taught this forum was about vaporizers, the way they worked and how they could benefit us. And if this thing works the way I experienced it, then that is the most important issue for me. That the price is this high, well it definately is a downside, bt that does not change how the vaporizer works does it?

So if you guys find nothing better to do then to keep on acting like this and bitching about the price without knowing shit of the product you are bitching about, then, well I guess I can better shut up and let you figure it out for yourselves, no? This is not a nice way to ask questions that would furter our understanding and knowledge about anything. If you do not like something, then please do not react unless your reaction has any grounds in reality whatsoever or can lead to a better understnading of the matter at hands. If you do not like it, then use arguments that matter and don't just shout shit out of thin air please. Or maybe, shut up and move on...Sorry mods if this comes acros as not nice, but then again I have taken my time to sincerely try to answer questions being posed and I really cannot see any reason for some here to react the way they do.

You can clean the unit by soaking it in coldpressed virgin blood that can be baught from the producer for 150 euros a drop...something like this is what you seem to want to hear? ( the unit can easily be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol, the herb cahmber is completely closed of from the rest of the unit, meaning you can indeed soak the unit, without the battery off course, and clean it that way. A brush is also included that has the same dimensions as the inside of the air path making it easier to be cleaned)

Some little thing I forgot, hopefully to add some more info. The top part and bottom part of the unit can be easely detached. The bottom part can be fitted to either the wall plug, or the battery. The top part is also easy to disconnect, and they were currently looking into making a top attachment that would give more freedom of use, ie be able to connect glass pieces. The parts disassemble by a quick twist.

Another little thing, it is supposed to be very durabe. Jorge told me he was planning on making some more videos soon, and the first he wanted to make was one with a unit being dropped from several hights to show how durable it is. he said the first units where shipped two years ago and this was the warranty till now. He said if units are out there longer, he is considering to up the warranty to 3 and even 5years.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
hmm well if you keep on at it like this what's the use of me answering you guys? Tell me?

Then stop answering. If you aren't having fun then what are you having?
I already said I asked the producer why he does not appear here, told him there are many serious medical users to be found here. Again, it has been a one man operation, he simply did not have time for it and decided to invest his time first and foremost into research and further development here in EUrope. In case you did not notice the forum is a more or less American thing to my feeling. He has directed his energy first and foremost to the European market. Seeing it is a small company I can imagine covering the european market will keep you bizzy for a while...but what do I now hey.

There are alot of Euro users and producers on the forum here and by no means is this an exclusive american forum. I know of many vaporizer manufacturers who have saturated the euro market and also been able to go about marketing and selling in other markets no problem, even one man operations like this one. I mean by no means is he mandated to go about the world with his product or come on to FC it's just thats not much of an excuse as to why he can't take 15 minutes to answer questions from someone who might want to buy his 900 dollar vape over here.

I can keep on repeating that I also think the price is high, yet I do not think it is way over the top. yes it's high but does it feels like he just set this price to get rich quick? No it does not.

Again, I'm not blindly supporting this thing, but some here seem to make it into a sport to blindly attack things they do not know anything about. I thought i was doing this community a favor by telling them a bit more about a product that they do not know yet.

There are alot of people here who know alot about vaporizing. Were not attacking the vape, we are having a hard time with that ridiculous price tag.

And just for the sake of it, is there any producer on here that can show me in black and white that they had their unit checked inside and out by scientists?

Is there any unit here that carries the CE certificate, meaning it has been upheld to the strictest of testing for it's intended use? So no potpourri bullshit, it has been tested and approved medically to do what it is supposed to do, namely deliver essential oils trough inhalation?

Any one unit? Come on there must be no? Any unit carrying any kind of certificate?

Any units out here carrying multiple patents? And each patent will cost you a lot and will take time...

But hey, just keep going at it like this, and you surely will get al the answers you need to support your ungrounded opinions...

Okay, so you just went from claiming we are blindly attacking and then you spout off like this.

Let me answer your questions, YES. Do some of your own research and you can see that there are numerous other vaporizers out there with CE, RoHS, Q and many other certifications. Many of them also have numerous patents, in numerous regions. A few have even been certified as medical grade instruments by doctors and scientists. And all of them, do exactly the same thing yours does, deliver essential oils through inhalation. For a third of the price.

But I taught this forum was about vaporizers, the way they worked and how they could benefit us. And if this thing works the way I experienced it, then that is the most important issue for me. That the price is this high, well it definately is a downside, bt that does not change how the vaporizer works does it?

It is, which is exactly why we are having such a problem with a 900 dollar vape. There is no possible way that a vaporizer could come to costing 900 dollars from parts alone, even if it was the penultimate vaporizer of all time. It's just not possible, There are many vaporizers available that cost a third of the price and will work just as well which is why all of us are having a ridiculous time trying to wrap our heads around the idea of a vaporizer that has a bigger profit margin than the volcano.

So if you guys find nothing better to do then to keep on acting like this and bitching about the price without knowing shit of the product you are bitching about, then, well I guess I can better shut up and let you figure it out for yourselves, no?

Yes, because the last thing we need is an uppity owner in product justification mode trying to convince us that it is worth paying 900 dollars for a vaporizer. We are smart enough to know there is no possible way a vaporizer could come to 900 without there being a massive profit margin, even with patents and medical certs and high build quality, because there are many other vaporizer out there offering the exact same features that this vaporizer does that are a third of the price. You may think we're just bitching about a product weknow nothing about, but really, there are alot of people here who know alot about how vaporization works, and we know that there is no way this vaporizer could be worth it's price tag.

CentiZen,
Reactions: zmurder

max

Out to lunch
Did you look at what was included in the kit, that stuff isn't cheap, and if the materials are of the highest quality, it could be worth even more. If a vxc is $450 out the door, I don't see why their all-in-one with a/c battery bypass, docking, car charger, etc kit couldn't cost $150 more, especially considering the cost of the Volcano.
The Cloud offers a vaping experience that I can't get from a vape like this one or a Volcano. Justifying the cost of a vape doesn't mean anything to me if the design offers nothing I'm interested in.

vape4life

Banned for life
You're missing the point. Regardless of the design, if the materials are of the highest quality and it is certified in all aspects, etc. I think there still would be value. I would feel alot better about using my solo, if it had these things, especially considering the airpath.

Centizen, which other vapes have all those mentioned certifications?

vape4life,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
You're missing the point. Regardless of the design, if the materials are of the highest quality and it is certified in all aspects, etc. I think there still would be value. I would feel alot better about using my solo, if it had these things, especially considering the airpath.

What materials? Is there a list somewhere that I'm missing? I'm not sure that high enough quality plastic exists to make a vape this size legitimately cost $900

SF Giant,

vape4life

Banned for life
No, but how about a 60 money back guarentee? and 3 year warranty? You need to look at the whole picture. The vape itself can be had for $600 with the ac adapter, so add in the value of the warranty, money back guarentee is huge, and IF it's a completely medical grade safe certified blah blah then i'd rather pay $600 for it, than $300 for a Solo. I always lose alot of money buying and selling vapes, but the money back guarentee says something. HUGE plus in my opinion.

vape4life,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

Of course the value is there, it seems a wonderful vape. A Ferrari is a wonderful car, yet most people don't invest in them because of its cost, although most would love to drive one.
And i am still not sold on the reasons for not speaking here in the forum (FC is reputedly the best forum on vaporizers and the most informed and accurate and this is acknowledged by many companies and vendors) or expanding the client market, especially since you have medical states in the US.
Not to mention the already mentioned perceived value of the quality of the materials and its impact on the experience.

I think our taste and smell allow us to detect the presence of other substances that may or may not harm us, and a vaporizer that does not interfere with the vapor taste is generally a safe bet when it comes to the materials used.

Silicon tubing can be food grade and leave a smell though so there is margin for mistakes. One could also argue that science can trick you since you find new discoveries everyday that profoundly alter previous stated facts.

For me the best way to go around this issue still is to isolate the vapor path from any and every other part of the vaporizer, with the most inert material we can affordabily use, which is glass. It is what happens with a few vapes we know like the cloud, vhw or even a ubie.

Appart from that, you never really know what you are inhaling, just what science told you insofar and what your senses are able to detect.

tepictoton

hehe just see that I was taking things serious, sorry for that

@Centizen: I am not an owner of this product, so please refrain from calling me an uppity owner.

:peace:

I was trying to be a messenger, and got distracted and apparently felt the need to give you an explanation for the high costs. I can't. And I should not have tried.

If it is to expansive for you, as it is for me, then at least leave it to that and don't go braking down a product that you have no knowledge of.

Yes, critical thinking is needed. But does that mean we can just blindly attack something? Yes the price is high, maybe even inexplicable to some, but does that deminish the performance of the machine we are talking about?

And yes, I am aware that there are very knowledgable people here that know bookloads more about this subject then I do. I made it really clear that I was just giving my opinion for what it's worth.

Maybe one of those days one of the more veteran members gets his hands on this machine and can give a more in-depth review.

Al I can say is, after spending the money on a solo, and being really satisfied with it, I had a hard time believing a vaporizer was out there that costs twice as much and would, from what I could see and think of, deliver about the same, maybe even less because of no glass airpath. But after trying it, I can only say this is what a vaporizer(and the warranty, and the bag and so on) that should cost twice as much should be like. That's my :2c:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sorry bro. I didn't want to act like a dick. I just thought it was kinda funny at the time. The whole 'high quality material' stuff is just a bit to vague of an explanation. If someone makes such a claim on FC they just better be prepared to back it up with a datasheet or some other way to specify what exactly is used ;)

I do appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us like I said before :tup:

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom