• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

lwien

I am SUPER critical of manufacturers products as are many other members here. That is what this site is about. Users of various vapes come here to discuss their experiences with various vapes. Manufacturers come in here to discuss their vapes that are either on the market or will be coming to market and they come here not only to pitch their product to potential customers but to ask for feedback as well. And finally, potential customers come here looking for good information so that they can make a wise purchasing decision.

So what you said above is "preaching to the choir", for that is what we do here.

Some people here as well as at GC are not upset with you for critiquing vaporizers. They are upset with you because you present totally inaccurate and inappropriate information along with information that just doesn't make any sense. Here's some examples:

"A table top should be the size of a small vase."
"I respect your opinion, Zenmaster. I also respect rose wine."
"No-one has actually had a steak knife firmly inserted up their rectum."
"We don't need to know about voodoo mumbo jumbo like 'bag' and 'whip' and technical terms like 'combo'."

"The EQ (Extreme) EQ? Forget about it.
The website info on it is seems like exaggerated and cheap sales-speak.
Which is a turn off.
People have mentioned problems with warranty and unreliability."

In reference to the Incognito......."Also, despite a lifetime warranty, I'm wondering what will happen when the old VaporTower parts are used up, from which this homemade device has been clearly made."

"The Lotus operates like a VG and lightbulb vape......."

"Diesel, the Cloud is a figment of your imagination.

It's not coming to market.
The retailer (cos he certainly didn't invent it) has said on his thread on FC that he keeps having to return it for modification.
Its having too many problems cos it must have a design flaw.

The Cloud will be competing with the EQ.
The EQ has an all glass vapour path.
But unlike the EQ, the Cloud looks just like a piece of plastic with a heater inside.

You don't know how it works either.
They haven't explained on their thread (at FC) or demonstrated."

etc, etc etc............There are at least 20 to 30 more posts just like those above about various other vaporizers as well.

Critiquing vaporizers is not your problem. It's how you go about it that is your problem.

Now..............back to your regular scheduled programming on the MiniVap

Edit: Oops. I posted this before seeing Max's post above. Max, delete this if you think it's inappropriate, but it may prove beneficial to Vapemania as well as others. Your call obviously.

I really hope its kept.
Thank you, Lwien.

With the Cloud, I do remember on its thread, the guy was returning the unit for modification.

But the rest of the statement was my personal opinion.
I can see though that it doesn't make it clear where facts diverge into personal opinion. And can be a bit misleading, therefore.
So good point there. You've made my day (sincere).

Also, the Minivap poses a challenge to US engineering.
Given its from Italy (only joking, I mean Spain).
But with a 999 price tag I think 7th Floor, EQ and the likes can rest easy.
Looks nice though.

Vapemania-original,

Raf007

Retailer
Lwien you crack me up ! Made me laugh out load in the metro. :D
I also should thanks Vapemania for these pieces of high literature.

Anyway, I am still looking to find someone who tried this vape, and given that the european market is still at its infancy when it comes to vapes I understand how hard it must be to sell a 1000 dollars vape.
A 100 euro look like the end of the world for most combustionneers so 1000...

Raf007,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Minivap (merged)

Any users out there with some performance feedback on this portable??

e594.00=$817.34 USD. Yes it is priced steep. +1 on the li Ion-external bat. Looks bigger but spec sheet puts it right about same size overall as Solo. LED readout too. Screens, flex stem, docking station everything you guys have been asking for except all glass stream, I believe. Pics look like a metal stem and since it is flexible don't see how it could be glass. There might be a rigid glass stem available. Maybe someone who owns one will weigh in.

Also I wonder how long it has been on market?

https://store.minivap.com/

http://www.minivap.com/descargas/mv_catalogo_es_en.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQVPV6hIkI&feature=related

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Looks too expensive for me. Once the bowl on the solo is all stainless I can't see anyone really justifying the price difference IMO.

darkrom,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Moammar Gadhafi claims to have bought a couple but he said in all the goings on he can't lay his hands on them at this time.:D

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

vapourscott

Account Closed
My friend has one (as well as every other vape) and its all he uses even when sitting next to a warmed up digital volcano. I had no idea what it costed when I tried it, it knocked me on my ass. He has it with him at all times and has extra batteries and one battery charge lasts for hours. His has like a rubber tube attached with a mouth piece and it looks like a small water bottle. It is an expensive vaporizer but if you spend allot of time medicating its worth the investment.

Oh yea, I personally own an N02 and have used the Volcano extensively as well as other vapes and I would say this was the best vape I ever tried before and after I knew the price.

Modnote: Duplicate post deleted. No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. Please review the forum rules.

vapourscott,
Reactions: Roger D

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
^^^inventor of minivap^^^

Modnote: If you are suspicious of a post please report the post instead of calling someone a shill. Doing so will alert staff to the situation and help avoid conflicts. Thank you.

SF Giant,

vape4life

Banned for life
lol i thought shill too. regardless, we need more details regarding the internal and general construction of this thing. 8" is pretty fricken huge for a portable, and I wonder if it's all glass/ceramic?

SF Giant said:
^^^inventor of minivap^^^

mod note: You can think it but you can't say it. Report or ignore.

vape4life,

rd510

hey everyone i know there pretty expensive, but i work for a company that sells these wholesale and they are the best. I'm not kidding it got me higher than a volcano and its 100x better quality than the NO2. hits amazing and you can just tell the materials are much higher quality. i guarantee you, you wouldn't be disappointed if you have the money.

rd510,

vape4life

Banned for life
Welcome to FC! That's GREAT that you have first hand experience with these! Would you care to provide a bit of a review for us all? Also since your company sells them wholesale, what is the defect rate like?

Please also list the negatives of this vape. thanks!!

rd510 said:
hey everyone i know there pretty expensive, but i work for a company that sells these wholesale and they are the best. I'm not kidding it got me higher than a volcano and its 100x better quality than the NO2. hits amazing and you can just tell the materials are much higher quality. i guarantee you, you wouldn't be disappointed if you have the money.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Some actual photo's would be highly appreciated as well, or even a video perhaps? :brow:

OhTheAgony,

Adobewan

Any FC access to those wholesale prices?
You'd make a lot of new friends! ':D

Adobewan,

max

Out to lunch
i guarantee you, you wouldn't be disappointed if you have the money.
So what's your guarantee? I have the money but would never spend that much for any vaporizer. There's no need. I also don't buy your line about one quality vape getting you higher than another. If you understand the process, then you know that claim just doesn't make sense. 100 times the quality of the N02? Why not 1000 times?

If this is the kind of rhetoric you're going to be spreading here, you're going to have problems. In addition, since you work for a company that sells this product, you're technically considered a commercial poster and should have contacted vtac before you posted.

max,

tepictoton

Hello, I wrote to the producer of the minivap after reading about it over here.

Th guy who produces them was in Amsterdam when I wrote to him and he even travelled from Amsterdam to Sittard to show me his vaporizer(+2hours journey). I want to make clear that I have no furter connections to him and or his product.

The producer was here in Holland to do research with his vaporizer at the university of Leiden in cooperation with Bedrocan, the medical supplier of the Dutch government. I will not elaborate on that too much here, suffice to say that the miniVAP producer decided early on to go for the medicinal application of his vaporizer first, recreational use second. That's also why he did not came to the forum here.

I myself have been a proud owner of an arizer solo, a true medicating beast if you ask me. With a little bit of modding and tweeking this thing produces some very nice clouds.

I was however truly surprised by the mini vap. I have taken some pictures of them side by side(solo vs miniVAP) and will try to upload them later.

So this is what I found out about it. Yes it is more expansive, but the materials used or nothing short of the best. Most of the outside shell is made of aluminium. The heating element is aluminium(same as Volcano) and sits a few milimeter below the herb chamber.

The herb chamber is small, allowing one to use as low as .1g up to .4g if compressed a bit.

Several things I found truly amazing about this vape. And just to let you know, I used to own an i-olite and before that a vapir, so i know how 'plasticky' vaporizers can taste. I was expecting the same with the miniVAP to be honest, but was pleasantly surprised when I inhaled the first time.

Heat up time was about 3min, my solo was just a bit faster...

There is NO drag whatsoever, or at least not noticible to me. In comparison to the solo I would say with the solo, you need your lungs to help a bit, with the miniVAP inhaling went as easy as well, breathing almost.

The taste is what got me most. There is no bad taste whatsoever. I asked Jorge how this was possible and he told me this: most people have no idea how well certain high grade plastic materials can perform. However most manufacturers use lower grade materials, thus influencing the taste and possibly the quality of the vapor. The materials they used mostly is some kind of high tech teflon. I would not believe it myself if anybody told me this without seeing and smelling it myself, but there was no taste nor smell at all that even hinted at plastic or something. And the complete airpath was made from this teflon, which I guess then is very high grade material.

The taste seemed to last longer too. Loading up .2g gave me decent hits for over 12minutes, when I opned it up and looked at the avb, which still was not as dark as in my solo. Now you might say, ah see it dos not extract as well, but my feeling is that it does a lot better. After the same amount of hits from the miniVAP and from my solo, the miniVAP would still give of nice hits when the solo was done. And the avb of the solo after this session came out dark brown, while the avb from the minivap had an only light brown colour.

You can have the vaporizer with or without the battery, which will last for about 3hours. The batery has a life cycle of 1000recharges before it goes down in performance(to80procent) and then will be recycled by the company if you send ti back. Without the battery it is a lot smaller, yet then it is not a portable anymore.

Yes the price tag, I asked about that too. Well the materials used simply are more expansive, and to my honest opinion this is really well noticible. The whole thing seems very very solid. Also, they are for the most part produced in Spain, not in some country where they pay people shitty wages, something I fully suport.

I am left very impressed by this. Now hope I can save up enough to get one of these beauties. And for those of you who are wondering, there is an american distributor and the miniVAP has an American plug when sold in the states...

We also discussed several options, like water attachments, and I was again surprised to hear that that is a work in progress. Jorge told me, and showed me, how the vaporizer is set-up in such a way that adjustments can be made fairly easily. The fitting for the battery and the stem are kindof standardized, meaning adjustments can be added quite fast and simple and attachments will work fairly easy.

Well if you guys/girls have any more questions shoot, if I can answer them then I will, and maybe I can pursuede the producer to come on here himself with more information.

Sorry for the long post, but seeing there's no information on this vaporizer whatsoever I thaught it might be nice to share my experience. Certainly seeing how positive it was.

quentin123

So what are the 4 temperature settings?
And how much does the density of the hits vary between them?

It's an interesting piece of kit, the solo's main flaw in my eyes is that the battery is internal. Coming from the UK this piece doesn't seem AS expensive but I still couldn't see myself getting one any time soon with only 4 temperatures between 150 and 230 degrees. . .

quentin123,

tepictoton

The temperature was set like this:
blue 190C
pink 200C
green 215C
red 225C

These settings might change again over time, depending on what the research shows(when does it deliver most of the goodies? Looking more specific at THCA and CBDA and when they decarbolize and so on)

Density of the hits was depending on how you inhale. Fast inhalation lead to less dense vapor, while inhaling slowly gave consistent clouds. I prefer on my solo to start of slow and by the end, mostly after ten seconds, increase my speed of inhalation, leading to really dense clouds. Same worked best for the miniVAP. Only, again, I have to say the flavour on the miniVAP seemed to be more consistant.

I do wish I had some more time to really test this thing thoroughly, so please do keep in mind this is my opinion expressed here, an opinion based on a two hour session.

A day after, just waked and vaked with my solo, but damn, I wish I didn't meet the guy, cause now it leaves me hanging a bit, figuring out if and how I could possibly save up for another toy...

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Tep!!! Been waiting forever and a day for a review on this that was not a shill.. that's GREAT to hear! I'm pretty excited for this as the next great portable after what you have said. So would you be able to compare more with the Solo? Would it replace your solo? Is it even possible to brown the herbs in the minivap? Does the battery really last 3 hours? How would cleaning be?

Might have to pick one up on ebay. can't go wrong with a 60 day money back guarentee except for the shipping, and it has a 3 year warranty. Damn expensive though, wow.

vape4life,

tepictoton

Aloha vape4life,

if it was not for the price tag I would replace my solo asap...

To answer the rest of your questions I should be able to have some more one on one time with the miniVAP. I will see if I can upload the picture I took of both of them side by side. Funny how my firefox browser at home messes up my access to the forum(i cannot reply to anything) and here at work on a 17year old apple it does work...

From what I saw, the herb, even after being in the miniVAP for over 20min was more or less beige, a light brown. No dark brown specs to be found. I guess this is partly because of the distance between the heating element and the herb chamber. They are seperated and from what I experienced, the herb chamber only heats up trough convection. I noticed that even after the 20min session the herb chamber seemed to be okay to touch. It did feel warm, but not nearly as warm as the stem of my solo becomes.

hope this was helpful

tepictoton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool to have some more info on this mysterious vape for once :tup:

Looking forward to the pictures!

About your Firefox issue; not sure what the problem is but it isn't Firefox since it works fine over here. Perhaps you just haven't updated it in a while?

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom