MiniVAP Vaporizer

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the vote of confidence vape4life ... glad I can provide a service to the forum/community with my ridiculous vaporizer obsession :lol:

JCat,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Also, I can now say the heating regulation on the MV is unique and far away from what is done by others companies. It's a complex and smart system, who takes count of a lot parameters to adjust output power. The regulation is both done by electronics and engineering of the materials.

It results in a heat output stability like no other. It delivers like nothing else I've tried, smooth and really potent.

Just milking it on my matrix :love:

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks for the vote of confidence vape4life ... glad I can provide a service to the forum/community with my ridiculous vaporizer obsession :lol:

Well, you know i'm more OCD and obsessed with vapes than you are, so i'm sure it won't be long before I return the favour! You're just a little more daring :)

vape4life,

pecosthecat

I really need to get one of these babies. Hopefully with this additional to the arsenal I can get off the vaporizer acquisition merry-go-round. :D

pecosthecat,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

JCat

Accessory Maker
You're just a little more daring :)
That's the manic side of the bipolar (good thing I have a good job(s)) ... it's like the OCD ... but more compulsive when you're manic :) ... I've learned to recognize it but nonetheless still choose to indulge it at times ... I really didn't need to be spending this ... but I COULD spend this therefore it's not that bad ... then again though ... I probably should have told my wife about it before buying it ... but it's doubtful she'll notice, and I did just get a contract (finalized yesterday) ... that secures 150% of the required income for the side business which allows my wife to be a stay-at-home mom as opposed to working and only working gigs on her own terms.

vape4life

Banned for life
I really need to get one of these babies. Hopefully with this additional to the arsenal I can get off the vaporizer acquisition merry-go-round. :D

Wait for JCat's feedback, and if it's good i'm waiting on the 2013 model that Slide4less doesn't have yet.

vape4life,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... so received my MiniVAP ... few problems and I can't review it since it doesn't work (at all ... DOA):

- Ordered the kit with the battery
- Got the kit without the battery with the power adapter and cig adapter that I don't need .... no charging base and no battery
- Decided I guess being the situation what it is ... I guess I'll probably just upgrade to the full kit now and have them send me the battery and charging base

So based on the above decided to try powering it on ... hold the 2 buttons ... nothing ... try again ... nothing .... try reseating the base ... still nothing ... checked the voltage at the base with a multi-meter and it's ok ...

I'm waiting to hear back from Slide4Less on my 2 messages ... I'm just disappointed I don't have a new toy to play with ... I was really looking forward to this and was really hopeful for the performance too ...

And got nailed >$60 in duty going across the border ...

JCat,

vape4life

Banned for life
Shit man, sorry to hear about that... i'm sure they will upgrade you to the full package and exchange your unit. Bummer about the duties too :(

vape4life,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Ok ... so received my MiniVAP ... few problems and I can't review it since it doesn't work (at all ... DOA):

That really sucks. The unit should power on within 5 seconds of the buttons being pressed. When you finally do get your unit in functional order, you shouldn't be disappointed with the performance.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah ... I'm sure it will work out ... just venting my frustration ... I was really excited about this (being bipolar and in my down phase not much engages me at all ... so when I'm really at the low point I search for "ups" ... buying/trying new vapes seems to be one of the few hobbies that is currently still keeping my interest ... I bought a Cera on Dec. 21st ... still waiting for that ... after much thought and consideration ... this was my next purchase to try to keep my VAS at bay ... and now that's not working out so far either ... sigh ...)

:lol:

Tweek

Sorry to hear that, JCat...I know how you feel right now, and it sucks. :rockon:I go through the same emotional phases as you do...not always easy on the pocket book.

Tweek,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Sorry to hear that, JCat...I know how you feel right now, and it sucks. :rockon:
Yep ... of all people ... I know you understand this one Tweek. Sucks to look forward to something and just when it's materializing ... BAM!!!! ... up in smoke :lol:

Keep on truckin'!

Edit: that being said ... 1st world problems ... it's not like I don't have other vapes and in the grand scheme of things makes no difference whatsoever ... however, in the grand scheme of things really nothing makes any difference whatsoever ... in the grand scheme of things even the extinction of humankind would be a blip on the meaningful scale ... definitely my vaporizer not showing up on time is pretty minor :)

Tweek

I believe lostclusters had a problem with his unit as well, out of the box. Hopefully it is just a coincidence.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Here's an update ....

I talked to someone at slide4less, and what it comes down to is they are going to take care of me at no cost to myself. They are going to send me the proper package with a return shipping label to send back the DOA unit after I receive the replacement.

2 thumbs up for awesome customer service and trusting their customer!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... so here's an update ... I'm an idiot :lol:

I hadn't turned the base far enough so that it was properly engaged (I was following the motto of never force a zipper :)) ... so anyways ... I was fiddling with it and made sure that I was indeed engaging the connectors from power adapter to unit, and I just needed to turn it a notch further and it engaged properly (even though it felt properly engaged already).

So I performed a couple tests and my first impressions are excellent. The 2 tests I performed were as follows:

1. Straight up with the silicone tube. Real nice flavor, and not harsh, and quickly vaped through the .15 or so I put in there (this is a guess ... I didn't measure ... could have been a little more)
2. Attached my 18mm GonG attachment rigging some 1/4-1" pieces of silicone into a 14/18 adapter and ran it through my Hydracirc

I have to say the flavor is amazing, and the vapor production competes with a desktop vape ... might compete with the Cloud ... I'm going to have to play with it a little more with loads and temperature settings. So far though ... I'm impressed (these reviews are based on the assumption that the performance is equal on the battery as on the PA)

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Ok ... so here's an update ... I'm an idiot :lol:

I hadn't turned the base far enough so that it was properly engaged (I was following the motto of never force a zipper :)) ... so anyways ... I was fiddling with it and made sure that I was indeed engaging the connectors from power adapter to unit, and I just needed to turn it a notch further and it engaged properly (even though it felt properly engaged already).

So I performed a couple tests and my first impressions are excellent. The 2 tests I performed were as follows:

1. Straight up with the silicone tube. Real nice flavor, and not harsh, and quickly vaped through the .15 or so I put in there (this is a guess ... I didn't measure ... could have been a little more)
2. Attached my 18mm GonG attachment rigging some 1/4-1" pieces of silicone into a 14/18 adapter and ran it through my Hydracirc

I have to say the flavor is amazing, and the vapor production competes with a desktop vape ... might compete with the Cloud ... I'm going to have to play with it a little more with loads and temperature settings. So far though ... I'm impressed (these reviews are based on the assumption that the performance is equal on the battery as on the PA)

Glad you got it working :clap:. There needs to be an "audible" click and both lights come on when everything connects properly. Haven't used the wall adapter myself but I don't see how the battery would effect performance any(assuming it using the same amount of power).

VaporEyes,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Lol story, cool you finally got it to work.

There is absolutely no difference between AC and battery operation.

I can't wait for the silicone cone to get commercialized. With this vape a perfect seal in the whole air path changes everything since it is pure induction. I will order a dozen straight. Maybe April..

They are really generous with the end customer, always finding solutions and answering all the questions precisely. They just sent me some little parts I was missing for free. Golden plated service (like the connection to the battery)

vape4life

Banned for life

VERY much looking forward to hearing your comparison/contrast with the Cloud. I have both this vape and the Cloud Plus on the radar, so am very eager to hear what you think.

vape4life,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

Nice, JCat. I look forward to your additional comments.

I may be a simple-minded unfrozen caveman vaporist, but this vape has me intrigued. I'm really digging what I'm reading in this thread. While pricey, I must admit this turns me on and it appears to be quite solid. My wallet will likely bitch-slap me if I seriously consider adding this to my existing lineup. But I've handily won such battles before. :brow:

And it's unique enough to complement my current lineup rather than replace an existing active vape. In other words, if I had the minivap I would still actively use my Pax, whereas my Pax has effectively replaced my other portables (MFLB, Iolite, and VG Coil). Therefore, I'd have 4 extremely badass and unique actively-used vapes: HI (incredible log vape), Cloud (undisputed desktop champion), Pax (wicked-cool stealthy portable), and the minivap (super wicked-cool, larger portable).

There. Have I convinced myself enough?

Happy Vaping!

Lostclusters

JCat - I had a different issue, for me, it was not assembled properly. When I first read about your issue, I thought jeez these guys have a quality control issue. I am glad it was just a user issue. And the harder you hit it the better it works. This also goes contrary to common/usual vape technique.

One down, one to go.

mmafighterthe25

so where you buy minivap, minivap.com. what is the discount code cause im seeing 519 for one with battery. SO if i buy the battery one i still have to buy the wall adpter bottom?????

mmafighterthe25,
Top Bottom