• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Hey guys, I see pecos has already mentioned that I have a review of the miniVAP out in todays Dopecast- for those of you who are interested, you can find it here:

http://dopecast.libsyn.com/dopecast348-february-2013-mini-vap-vaporizer-review

In a nutshell, I laughed when I saw the price tag, and couldn't see how any vape could be worth so much. However, after a couple of months' solid testing, and trialling it with miniVAP's target market, medical users, I have definitely come around. Most won't be able to afford it, but it is a very serious contender for the best vaporizer on the market. It's a toss-up between the miniVAP and the Cloud as far as I'm concerned- for those who don't like the cleaning and breaking hassle of glass, the miniVAP wins.

Going to listen for it straight on

Can't agree more with the first words, you certainly get what you pay for with the MV

I would loved to go to barcelona for the spannabis

tepictoton

Hey guys, I see pecos has already mentioned that I have a review of the miniVAP out in todays Dopecast- for those of you who are interested, you can find it here:

http://dopecast.libsyn.com/dopecast348-february-2013-mini-vap-vaporizer-review

In a nutshell, I laughed when I saw the price tag, and couldn't see how any vape could be worth so much. However, after a couple of months' solid testing, and trialling it with miniVAP's target market, medical users, I have definitely come around. Most won't be able to afford it, but it is a very serious contender for the best vaporizer on the market. It's a toss-up between the miniVAP and the Cloud as far as I'm concerned- for those who don't like the cleaning and breaking hassle of glass, the miniVAP wins.

Hehe, we can still see your reaction in this thread afew pages back from when you got it first...Guess you needed some time to form a good opinion. I only spend a few precious moments with the unit, knew immediately this was of a slightly different league...

tepictoton,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I've heard the review and I must say I still think the solo has the upper hand... I mean, it costs 3rd of the mini vap... I would like to try the minivap but there's no way I'm buying one.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I've heard the review and I must say I still think the solo has the upper hand... I mean, it costs 3rd of the mini vap... I would like to try the minivap but there's no way I'm buying one.

I was lucky enough to acquire a pre-owned unit for a bargain(~250 +shipping). It's a great vape and it's a pity that it's out of the price range of so many. There's a discount for FC members if I'm not mistaken(correct me on this if I'm wrong).

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Roger D

JCat

Accessory Maker
I was lucky enough to acquire a pre-owned unit for a bargain(~250 +shipping). It's a great vape and it's a pity that it's out of the price range of so many. There's a discount for FC members if I'm not mistaken(correct me on this if I'm wrong).
Lucky you! $250 is a steal!

m0sh

Awesome mate...too bad its not even half the price!

Did you try the solo as well?

m0sh,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Awesome mate...too bad its not even half the price!

Did you try the solo as well?

I've not had a chance to own or try the solo as of yet(near future perhaps). I have read many good things about it from it's users though.

VaporEyes,

Tweek

That is a crazy good price. There is indeed still a discount through slides for less, but I think they may only carry the older versions. Not sure.

Tweek,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
That is a crazy good price. There is indeed still a discount through slides for less, but I think they may only carry the older versions. Not sure.

I think I own an older unit. The previous owner said he had bought it direct from minivap in april '12. What exactly differentiates a new and older unit?

VaporEyes,

Tweek

I think I own an older unit. The previous owner said he had bought it direct from minivap in april '12. What exactly differentiates a new and older unit?

From what I could tell from the thread, there is apparently a firmware update which improves the vapor production of the unit. I think Roger also had some updated prototype parts that are going to be included eventually in new units.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
From what I could tell from the thread, there is apparently a firmware update which improves the vapor production of the unit. I think Roger also had some updated prototype parts that are going to be included eventually in new units.

I know for certain when this one goes out(not too soon hopefully :uhoh:) I will get another minivap. It performs too well to not have in my slowly growing arsenal :p.

Tweek

I know for certain when this one goes out(not too soon hopefully :uhoh:) I will get another minivap. It performs too well to not have in my slowly growing arsenal :p.

Yeah I would of loved to score one at that price. No doubt it looks like a sexy beast, but my pocket book can't handle anymore high priced vapes.

Tweek,
Reactions: JCat

pecosthecat

A very interesting and informative review, Dopefiend. I am still sitting on the fence on this one. I have contacted the manufacturer about a few questions I have with regards to cleaning the unit, etc. Hopefully, he will give me a reply soon. If the price was cheaper, I would have just gone ahead and ordered it. Rather than rush into anything, I'm going to mull it over for a couple of weeks.

pecosthecat,

vape4life

Banned for life
I think I may have a renewed interest in this vaporizer since i'm looking for something new.

The one thing I noticed in the video (great vid!!) on the new site is that the highest temp setting is "Light Combustion"? 225c. Interesting.

vape4life,

m0sh

I think I may have a renewed interest in this vaporizer since i'm looking for something new.

The one thing I noticed in the video (great vid!!) on the new site is that the highest temp setting is "Light Combustion"? 225c. Interesting.

236c> combustion starts...not before!

m0sh,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm looking at this one again as well ... might end up buying one of these ... it's been on the list for a while and if slide4less still offers a decent FC discount I might jump on it today.

JCat,

vape4life

Banned for life
That's awesome JCat! I feel the same (shocking I know) ;) I PMed Slide4less because when I nearly bought this last year they had such amazing pricing it was hard to pass up. Like I mean REALLY good wholesale pricing for us FCers.

I listened to the podcast...pretty impressed except for a couple of things. The first is that they said that the plastic (teflon or whatever) mouthpiece restricts airflow, and that the silicone tube made the vapour feel hotter than the Solo. The Solo (without water) has always made me hack and cough due to irritation from the heat, but these boys are saying that the glass in the Solo stem actually cools the vapour more than the MiniVAP and silicone. Then again they had the temp on 210, but after at the end they said the vapour was cool, so i'm a little confused on that one.

I wonder if there is a way to rig up some sort of glass tube instead of the silicone or mate right on to glass?

It's nice to see this vape get some more interest and activity in this thread.... I thought it would remain inactive and just for a relatively few users much like the european Herborizer.

vape4life,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah ... I'm not 100% convinced it will be everything it's cracked up to be ... but really ... the only way to find out is to buy one so I might make the plunge. If it doesn't outperform all other portables I have, it'll probably end up in the classifieds.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I went and did it ... I've ordered THE most expensive portable vaporizer on the market and arguably THE most expensive vaporizer on the market period (how could I resist ... hell ... I have to keep my vaporizer/month average up and amazingly, I'm 22 months in and don't seem to be running out of options :lol: .... bwahaha ...)

Hope it's worth it :lol:

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The MV redefined how I consume the medication. It is so strong, you can end up over medicated without noticing it, like you can have huge tension drop and stuff like that. I had a lot of theses at the beginning when I was just putting a lot of pre grind stuff in there.

The only risk is, when you get used to it, the other gear seems pointless

Roger D,
Reactions: dimmusp

JCat

Accessory Maker
The MV redefined how I consume the medication. It is so strong, you can end up over medicated without noticing it, like you can have huge tension drop and stuff like that. I had a lot of theses at the beginning when I was just putting a lot of pre grind stuff in there.

The only risk is, when you get used to it, the other gear seems pointless
Have you tried a VXL Cloud though Roger D? I'm a fairly heavy consumer (light by some standards I know ... but moderately heavy we'll say at 2.5g/day avg). My issue with other portables so far has been that they just can't sufficiently medicate quickly enough like a desktop vape (especially the Cloud). This led me to, if at all possible, and if I'm going to be gone at least overnight, stress out if I can't bring my Cloud. (My Solo and INH are fine but just don't compare as far as ability to quickly medicate)

I'm hoping the MiniVAP alleviates my need to travel with my Cloud :lol:

Top Bottom