NoSmoke

macbill said:
smokeandskate said:
i feel like im not getting that much vapor showing when i exhale. i know when you vape its less but this just seems like nothing or close to nothing.
When I first got my unit, I thought that it was malfunctioning. Looking back, I think I was just impatient and I had not yet read all the excellent tips found on this forum. Also, my understanding of at what temperatures different components of herb gasify was practically non-existent.

Try different types of herb, if you can. Is your material pretty much dried? Moist material has to lose moisture vapor. Load it, and turn it on. Try timing a good 3 minutes of wait time prior to seriously working it. If you have removed the condenser piece for easier draw (I have), try sipping on the tubing or mouthpiece as if it were one of those tiny cocktail straws - slow and easy - don't try to suck up all the air in the room at once. Hopefully that will make a big difference for you. Many have pointed out that a tubing extension will make your vaping experience a little cooler.

Ultimately, its how you feel. Do you have an illegal smile? It's working.
hey macbill I just wanted to let you know that i really enjoy reading your posts there just laid back and chill, idk thats just the vibe i get. i look forwarfd to buying an i-inhale shortly and joining you guys. anywho welcome to the forum, do you own any other vapes?

NoSmoke,

smokeandskate

well it seemed as though in the middle of a session it ran out of butane so i turned it off and re filled it and now i try and start it again and everytime i click it it wont ignite, and it seems like its not spitting out has hard as it usually does

ok so i waited longer and it still doesnt work, so im kinda bummed cause this shit isnt working.

smokeandskate,

marcuss

above the clouds
smokeand....please take a breathe and relax.....try to refill properly the unit until butane spill off a bit....doing so you'll be sure that it is full.
When you turn the switch on you should hear the usual hiss...then click the piezo one time, if it don't ignite try a second time after few seconds.
Take your time to learn how it works....a defective unit is always possible but usually the problem is with your poor experience with initial high expectation!

marcuss,

The_Algebraist

I'm about the place my order for one today and was wondering if you guys could fill in a couple of blanks for me:

-What kind of mileage do you guys get out of this thing before needing to refill?

The overall positive responses to this thing and information in this thread are awesome. Thanks! :cool:

stonemonkey55 said:
hmmm, no refill issues for me...maybe call the store you bought it from

The_Algebraist,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
NoSmoke said:
macbill said:
smokeandskate said:
i feel like im not getting that much vapor showing when i exhale. i know when you vape its less but this just seems like nothing or close to nothing.
When I first got my unit, I thought that it was malfunctioning. Looking back, I think I was just impatient and I had not yet read all the excellent tips found on this forum. Also, my understanding of at what temperatures different components of herb gasify was practically non-existent.

Try different types of herb, if you can. Is your material pretty much dried? Moist material has to lose moisture vapor. Load it, and turn it on. Try timing a good 3 minutes of wait time prior to seriously working it. If you have removed the condenser piece for easier draw (I have), try sipping on the tubing or mouthpiece as if it were one of those tiny cocktail straws - slow and easy - don't try to suck up all the air in the room at once. Hopefully that will make a big difference for you. Many have pointed out that a tubing extension will make your vaping experience a little cooler.

Ultimately, its how you feel. Do you have an illegal smile? It's working.
hey macbill I just wanted to let you know that i really enjoy reading your posts there just laid back and chill, idk thats just the vibe i get. i look forwarfd to buying an i-inhale shortly and joining you guys. anywho welcome to the forum, do you own any other vapes?
Yes. I have a HotBox, which I seldom use, and a volcano, that I use too much.

macbill,

Bubonic

The_Algebraist said:
I'm about the place my order for one today and was wondering if you guys could fill in a couple of blanks for me:

-What kind of mileage do you guys get out of this thing before needing to refill?
-I'm assuming that the IO has the adjustments that were mentioned regarding the 'newer' models (ie: thicker stems etc)
-Are you guys seeing the best price around for a new IO around the $250 area?

The overall positive responses to this thing and information in this thread are awesome. Thanks! :cool:
Well it all depends on the quality of the butane, but with good quality you should get up to 2 hours of use.

Im not sure if it different at all compared to the II. Max posted a response from Team II/IO saying how the IO's and II's are the exact same things. They may have started selling the changed ones, though.

Yes, since the IO's are new (well atleast the name is) they are at $250, that will probably go down eventually on ebay as the II did.

Bubonic,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Just to clear the air...

I am fairly certain that Iolite does not refer to some new unit (rather it is a different name for the sector of O&B that designs and produces vaporizers). The only physical change made to the II/IOL is the thicker mouthpieces, which has been made for all units. The other changes that people discuss are just changes made to beta units for R&D efforts (which have been going on before the release of the II and has expanded to include 10 additional, unaffiliated beta testers), which still applies even if the name on the packaging/unit should be updated.

Iolite has expressed interest in continuing R&D to make their current product the best it can be, and possibly develop some others. However, I believe that those who are waiting for the 'new Iolite' unit to come out are waiting on something based in rumor (the price seems to be that same as it always was, however resellers, wholesalers, and individuals DO offer units below the suggested market retail price).

At times, it can be difficult to reach the people at IOL (possibly due to them receiving more inquiries than they expected/can handle), but I imagine that they are working on some sort of system (auto reply, away form office messages, etc.) that will allow them to manage the overwhelming popularity of the II/IOL and build a good reputation for customer service (maybe they will even make a shedule of when they plan on stopping into FC).

I welcome confirmation/corrections from the IOL rep about anything that I may have stated/misstated, and hope that this clears things up for some others.

Progress,

HiC

The_Algebraist said:
-Are you guys seeing the best price around for a new IO around the $250 area?
Like others have said, check out e-Bay for auctions with the "Best Offer" option and you may be able to find a better deal. Some of the "Buy It Now" prices have gone down even since I got mine there just a few days ago. Oh, and I believe the units sold on e-Bay are the older (and essentially the same) I-inhale models, so I'm not sure if that matters to you.

HiC,

max

Out to lunch
I believe the units sold on e-Bay are the older (and essentially the same) I-inhale models, so I'm not sure if that matters to you.
No changes have been made in any production units yet. Posted by iolite in the beta testing thread:

"Both iolite and the i-inhale are the exact same units. No dififference at all."

max,

The_Algebraist

Dudes, all I can say is, I cannot wait for my Iolite! To be able to vape on the streets of NYC sounds like a dream!!

The_Algebraist,

HiC

The_Algebraist said:
Dudes, all I can say is, I cannot wait for my Iolite! To be able to vape on the streets of NYC sounds like a dream!!
Me too! Mine's coming from the UK though so I have to wait a little while. Maybe it's the Britishness of the product, but I'm totally picturing myself like Sherlock Holmes with this thing. Strolling the streets and taking inquisitive draws as I explore the mysteries of the universe. :lol:

HiC,

mark069

Survivalism said:
I have filled around 5 lighters with ronson butane only to have them stop igniting immediatly after refill. After draining the lighters of ronson and refilling with vector they all work like new. The altitude of colorado might also make a difference in the performance of ronson but i have read multiple times to be weary of using ronson.

Im glad it has worked so well for you max but as you have said, my own experience disproves it.
I'm on my second can of Ronson fuel on my I-inhale and I haven't had any problems so far so maybe you had one bad can of fuel? My unit has lit on the first click of the starter EVERY time and it has never gone out as long as there was fuel in the device. I ran out of fuel once and the unit actually stayed lit until every last drop of fuel was gone....

On the I-inhale website, Ronson fuel is one of the recommended high quality fuels they say should be used with the I-inhale.

mark069,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
mark069 said:
Survivalism said:
I have filled around 5 lighters with ronson butane only to have them stop igniting immediatly after refill. After draining the lighters of ronson and refilling with vector they all work like new. The altitude of colorado might also make a difference in the performance of ronson but i have read multiple times to be weary of using ronson.

Im glad it has worked so well for you max but as you have said, my own experience disproves it.
I'm on my second can of Ronson fuel on my I-inhale and I haven't had any problems so far so maybe you had one bad can of fuel? My unit has lit on the first click of the starter EVERY time and it has never gone out as long as there was fuel in the device. I ran out of fuel once and the unit actually stayed lit until every last drop of fuel was gone....

On the I-inhale website, Ronson fuel is one of the recommended high quality fuels they say should be used with the I-inhale.
I have used 3 different cans of ronson, i think the altitude has something to do with it, and like ive said in previous posts the ronson butane across seas is better then the ronson butane here. Im glad it works for you guys but it did not work for me at all.

Survivalism,

smokeandskate

yeah mine is working fine but i feel like i have trouble when refueling. It either seems like it sprays out all over shortly after i push it down for it goes for a long time and like sometimes doesnt fill it up.

but tonight me and my girlfriend went to this coffee shop to kill time before out movie and i got a cup of coffee and sat outside at the tables with 2 dudes like 10 feet away from me and plenty of people inside and i just vaped right there at the coffee shop and nobody was the wiser. i also stuck it inside an empty coffee cup with no cover so it could still vent and it looks even more unnoticeable, shits tight

smokeandskate,

Ben

Bonjour,

I've read the following about flame lighters filling on a french web page .... sounds like this could also be useful for our units.

First, it is very important to completely empty his lighter before filling.

You purge your lighter by pressing with a pen or small screw valve on the filling which is usually located under your lighter.
You'll leave the butane gas (white and liquid if any left) and air (transparent).

When your lighter is empty, you can fill it with small successive pressures.

It is important to know that your gas cylinder can contains butane and a propellant (compressed air).
At each filling, the butane enters your lighter with a little bit of compressed air.

If you do not empty your lighter, compressed air builds up, take the place of butane gas and your lighter no longer works well.
maybe that will help you :2c:

:peace:

Ben,

The_Algebraist

When you order something like an Iolite from an online shop, and they tell you that it will be shipping on a set date via USPS Priority Mail, is it unreasonable to be annoyed that they sent it via Ground? It's not such a big deal, so I'll get my IO on Friday instead of Monday, but when you pay over $200 for an item, and especially when a representative of the shop tells you they'll be sending it via Priority, it's not unreasonable to expect that they'll be doing what they said. What is it with stoner-type shops and their constant need to reinforce the stereotype of the retarded space-cadet??!

The_Algebraist,

Bubonic

Hey guys, I'm probably going to be buying my IO/II in a headshop. I have never been in one before. Are prices for things like vapes more in the shops? Because I paintball and the prices in the stores are always more than it is online

Bubonic,

max

Out to lunch
The_Algebraist said:
When you order something like an Iolite from an online shop, and they tell you that it will be shipping on a set date via USPS Priority Mail, is it unreasonable to be annoyed that they sent it via Ground? It's not such a big deal, so I'll get my IO on Friday instead of Monday, but when you pay over $200 for an item, and especially when a representative of the shop tells you they'll be sending it via Priority, it's not unreasonable to expect that they'll be doing what they said. What is it with stoner-type shops and their constant need to reinforce the stereotype of the retarded space-cadet??!
Doesn't make much sense to ship something like this ground instead of PM. It's cheaper and usually faster to use USPS. :hmm:

Bubonic said:
Are prices for things like vapes more in the shops?
Usually, but not always. There seems to be a considerable markup on this model. There's one eBay seller taking $175 as 'best offer'.

max,

Bubonic

max said:
Usually, but not always. There seems to be a considerable markup on this model. There's one eBay seller taking $175 as 'best offer'.
If theres a markup wouldn't it be higher priced? Lol Whatever i get your point :lol:

Bubonic,

max

Out to lunch
A big markup is what allows someone to sell a $250 vape for $75 less. You don't usually see brand name vapes available for 30% off.

max,

Bubonic

You would probably know better than me so ill take your word for it... But yeah, i hope the shop im going to is participating in this price drop :p

Bubonic,

CalBears24

Bubonic said:
Hey guys, I'm probably going to be buying my IO/II in a headshop. I have never been in one before. Are prices for things like vapes more in the shops? Because I paintball and the prices in the stores are always more than it is online
I got mine for $200 out the door, no tax + butane refills. You just have to haggle with them for a little bit. Make sure it has not been used before, something defective, etc.

CalBears24,
Top Bottom