Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have filled around 5 lighters with ronson butane only to have them stop igniting immediatly after refill. After draining the lighters of ronson and refilling with vector they all work like new. The altitude of colorado might also make a difference in the performance of ronson but i have read multiple times to be weary of using ronson.

Im glad it has worked so well for you max but as you have said, my own experience disproves it.

Survivalism,

hazer414

I'm up in Canada, though I assume the butane "scene" is similar here as it would be in the US.

I'll pick up some other butane from a cigar shop and see if it fares any better. The guy at the smoke shop where I bought the II had nice things to say about Ronson, though it seems like there's a variance in opinion. I guess I'll go the subjective route and see what works up here in Canadia. :)

hazer414,

max

Out to lunch
Survivalism said:
I have filled around 5 lighters with ronson butane only to have them stop igniting immediatly after refill. After draining the lighters of ronson and refilling with vector they all work like new. The altitude of colorado might also make a difference in the performance of ronson but i have read multiple times to be weary of using ronson.

Im glad it has worked so well for you max but as you have said, my own experience disproves it.
I'm just saying let's not universally condemn a product unless we know it's all bad. We're all about personal experience here.

I feel much better about using Vector fuel than Ronson, because of both price and refinement, but Ronson can't be as bad for everyone as it was for you, or no one would ever buy it. You may have had a can from a bad batch. Maybe altitude is a factor. Still doesn't speak well for Ronson QC though, and since you can get 3 to 5 x refined fuel at better prices, it certainly doesn't pay to get those little high priced cans of Ronson if you need a steady supply of quality butane.

The impurity content in butane doesn't matter for just producing a conventional flame. For torches, soldering irons, hot food containers, and other specialty items, the impurity level shouldn't be above 50 parts per million, since the device can be damaged. Here's a list of brands that qualify as having a high purity level:

Vector, K2, Supergas, Calor, Unilight, CTC, Ventti, Nibo, Colton, Davidoff, Sarome, Dunhill, Newport, Cora, Win, Fackelman, Colibri, Xikar.

max,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I think that the altitude is making a difference because i have tried quite a few different cans of ronson, all giving me the same effect.

I came on a bit strong but i feel that if you are going to buy a high end product then you should ONLY put high end fuel through it.

The team at IO recomends using ronson butane, but the ronson that they recommend is not the same ronson you can buy in the states. Ronson over seas is highly refined and pure thus why they recommend using it.

Survivalism,

max

Out to lunch
Ronson over seas is highly refined and pure thus why they recommend using it.
Maybe the Inhale/Iolite rep should qualify his recommendation in view of that. I don't know what kind of testing they've done with different fuels, or if there's a difference between what's needed in the Inhale vs. their other gas powered products. Butane that's been 3 to 5 times refined is readily available (on-line at least) at good prices, so I don't see any reason to use anything less in a $200+ product. You can usually find good brands like Colibri or Dunhill in local tobacco shops too.

max,

cbg301

I just purchased an i inhale and have used it for a couple hours tops and it worked pretty good. Now I cant even get it to start up. When i switch it on i dont hear the butane releasing but it still sparks. Ive tried filling it a bunch of times and am kinda stump. Very sad :mad: any suggestions?

cbg301,

max

Out to lunch
I'd use the metal tool on the Inhale's butane valve to make sure it's not full of air. If you're sure it's got butane and you get no hissing when you turn it on, I'd contact the company about a defective unit.

max,

The_Algebraist

so you fellas recommend this little one? the idea of a quality, effective vape that i can toss in my should bag and have on me while i bop around the city sounds really nice. how are the hits compared to the pd?

The_Algebraist,

max

Out to lunch
Since some are already referring to the beta test unit as an iolite, I thought I'd post my :2c: on the name change and the 'test' changes.

There is no iolite vape yet. The 'test vape' is just an I-inhale with very minor changes. Good changes IMO, but we don't know when the name change will take place and what changes will be included. Since the current changes are pretty easy to make, and the company seems to be in a hurry to change the name, the iolite name may appear on the box and the vape fairly soon. I think they're interested in testing more changes, but those may take more modification to the unit. So the first vape with iolite on it may indeed be the same as the current test version.

As to the changes on that beta unit, no bottom screen, no removeable heating pin, and a little better airflow are all they've done. They are worthy changes, with the screen and pin moves designed to save $ and trouble for both the company and users.

how are the hits compared to the pd?
Feedback on hits, as far as knowing what you'll get, is much better with the PD. The Inhale has a much bigger bowl, so you can get some hits that are pretty big. Like with full sized direct draw vapes, efficiency is also harder to achieve compared to the PD. It's a great portable though, and if you use it enough at home it should be a lot easier to get accustomed to vs. just using it as a portable, which is my experience.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Beta I-inhales(see max I'm saying it right! :p) compared to the PD are quite the match-up. I hit them side to side...and even with my inline(for the PD at times) I still wanted to hit the beta II more.

It was mainly because I had never hit this thing before and the size of the clouds it steadily kept producing. such a small stealthy vaporizer :brow: What's also nice is the fact you can load quite a bit and never burn the herbs. The sweet herb flavor is always present.

changes on that beta unit, no bottom screen, no removable heating pin, and a little better airflow
Well from what I saw these changes make this unit VERY user friendly..with some guidance I was easily loading bowl after bowl. goes well with friends too..the bowl is that large. just like any vape stirring of the bowl is a MUST(sorry PD fans but the bowl isn't even close to that size :lol: ) pretty simple to pop out the bowl cartridge and stir the material.

From what I can tell with this vaporizer..its seems ol' O&B has put in quite the generous effort to truly craftsmanship a vaporizer that is cloud friendly and never burns...might be on my list in the future ya never know. :2c:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

The_Algebraist

Thanks Max and Hennessy1414, this is definitely on the keep on eye on it for possible to-purchase list.

The_Algebraist,

CapnVape

I got one of these about 2 weeks, and so far, I'm not impressed. Everyone here seems to be getting good hits off there units, but I'm having trouble. The biggest hit I've ever got off the thing was like 1/4, if that, of a average PD hit, and I've only had maybe 2 hits that big(out of hundreds).

To even get any visible vapor(in very good lighting), I need an unpacked 3/4 to full bowl and 5+ minute warm up. I have to wait a couple minutes between hits to keep the vapor hits visible. These very, very thin vapor hits last for almost an hour and about 30 hits(depending on wait between hits).

To me personally, a 40+ min vape session pulling tiny hits is a waste of time. I could drive home, start my SSV, have a sess, and be back where I was before finishing an ii bowl.

If I only have 15-20 min and turn the unit off after a quick session and fire it up again later, much of the bowl has autovaped away. I think this is caused by all the conduction that happens in that chamber. Seriously, touch the pin 15 min after turning it off, that little fucker is still super hot.

Aside from the lame vapor hits and 45min sessions, my unit runs like clockwork. It always starts in one try, and runs well once started. If I could finish a bowl in less time getting bigger hits, I would be more than happy with this vape.

The thing that's annoying me the most is actually O&B themselves. I've been sending them e-mails about my problem for a week and haven't heard back from them yet. Customer service seems to be seriously lacking at O&B.

:peace:

CapnVape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That sucks Capn, hope you get fixed up with a properly functioning unit asap. Yeah email response times could be better... maybe they can get stonemonkey55 to do some customer service for them. :D

Hennessy1414 said:
just like any vape stirring of the bowl is a MUST(sorry PD fans but the bowl isn't even close to that size :lol: )
That's funny, I've found it cooks very evenly with no stirring... I pretty much never stir it. The heat pin does a good job of keeping all herb in contact.

vtac,

g124v17y

I am about to get my II in the mail. I bought it from a friend for about $100 and he is sending it to me soon. I have read through this ENTIRE thread and find the back and forth on this forum to be amazing! I am so glad this site exists :D:D

Anyways, he is sending me the unit and I was just wondering if this was a good price what with the new version coming soon. Or should I have waited to buy the new version? I am also waiting on my extreme to come in the mail.

g124v17y,

g124v17y

I guess we'll see then. So just making sure I understand this, there is NO IOLITE yet? The Iolite is the name for the beta one? Either way doesn't really matter I'm just wondering. If I found butane that says "ultra refined for maximum value and performance" but it is made by a company I have never heard of called "FUJIMA", should I use it in my II? or should I take the 30 minute drive to the closest shop that has vector?

g124v17y,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Their is no Iolite yet, the company has just changed their name. The beta units still have the i-inhale logo on them.

Personally i would go buy a can of vector or one of these other high quality brands that max posted above: Vector, K2, Supergas, Calor, Unilight, CTC, Ventti, Nibo, Colton, Davidoff, Sarome, Dunhill, Newport, Cora, Win, Fackelman, Colibri, Xikar.

Survivalism,

max

Out to lunch
there is NO IOLITE yet?
Looks they have indeed made the name change. Gotvape is showing an iolite name on the unit and box on youtube. Whether they've already incorporated the bowl changes-who knows? Their email communication leaves a lot to be desired. :/

I have never heard of called "FUJIMA", should I use it in my II?
Judging from the prices I'm seeing, it should be the best butane on the planet-$23 for 22ml :o That's about 10 times the price of Vector. :hmm:

max,

CalBears24

Hey guys, I just bought an i-Inhale for $200 at a local head shop... Then I went on this forum and checked out this thread... I guess I got the older, less-improved model now that they're changing the name and testing some new stuff. Hopefully it will be worth the money... like the mouthpiece won't be too thin and break, or the heating pin stripping or whatnot... :/

Also, I convinced them to give me a free can of this Power Triple-Refined Universal Butane (300mL), made in Korea. Anybody have problems with this brand, or should triple-refined be good enough? I don't want to mess up this baby :p

btw, this forum is awesome.

CalBears24,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
contact them directly please ,by phone or what ever , dont start and other I-I vendetta, there is no place for this here .Also just by reading your name I can see that you'r not here to make grow this forum but just to get you buck/vap back , so dont be suprise if nobody take care of your post .....did you even read the rules ?
:2c:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
CalBears24 said:
Hey guys, I just bought an i-Inhale for $200 at a local head shop... Then I went on this forum and checked out this thread... I guess I got the older, less-improved model now that they're changing the name and testing some new stuff. Hopefully it will be worth the money... like the mouthpiece won't be too thin and break, or the heating pin stripping or whatnot... :/

Also, I convinced them to give me a free can of this Power Triple-Refined Universal Butane (300mL), made in Korea. Anybody have problems with this brand, or should triple-refined be good enough? I don't want to mess up this baby :p

$200 at a head shop? Great price! There haven't been any changes made to production units yet. Doesn't matter if your unit says iolite or I-inhale. It's still the same unit they initially starting selling last Oct. Any triple refined fuel should be fine.

Glad you like the forum. :)

max,

Bubonic

$200 at a head shop? Great price! There haven't been any changes made to production units yet. Doesn't matter if your unit says iolite or I-inhale. It's still the same unit they initially starting selling last Oct. Any triple refined fuel should be fine.

Glad you like the forum. :)
I know you touched on this in a previous quote but is there any more updates and when the new units will actually be out?

Bubonic,

lwien

CalBears24 said:
Whiskey, is this you? If so, welcome. There's enough vape info here to keep you reading till your eyeballs bleed. Enjoy.

lwien,
Top Bottom