smokeandskate

i called a shop by my house and they told me like 300 or something and i was like woah and i told the dude there like 250 standard on the internet with free shipping some even cheaper, so he gave it to me for 250. i was gonna order it off ebay for only 200 but i was like whatever ill support this store and i can get it right there and no ebay stuff to deal with and the dude even gave me a little run down on it and filled it and check to make sure it was working good

smokeandskate,

Bubonic

Haha, these shops really are just like paintball shops. You're always able to haggle them down! I used to bring my friend's hot sister in with me whenever I went and I would seriously get so much off whatever I bought!

Bubonic,

CalBears24

Bubonic said:
Haha, these shops really are just like paintball shops. You're always able to haggle them down! I used to bring my friend's hot sister in with me whenever I went and I would seriously get so much off whatever I bought!
Haha, yeah, and these guys are so shady they'll haggle you!

Loving my i-inhale. Serving well.

CalBears24,

The_Algebraist

I meant to post this before, but did anyone else not know that the IO came already filled with fuel? When I got my IO I tried filling it up and spilled butane a couple of times before realizing that I wasn't fucking up, but that the thing comes ready to go.

I'd also like to add that the shit sneaks up on you! I typically fill the bowl a little less than halfway with super finely ground, very dry herb, and it gets you incredibly high.

I actually burnt myself today, I was vaping while walking down the street, people everywhere, no one was the wiser. Looks like you're sipping from some small receptacle. A cop was approaching so I kinda got paranoid and switch the IO off and tried to take off the stem, inadvertently popping the whole bowl off and spilling bits of herb (and not even totally vaped! Maybe only 50% vaped!! :() just as the police officer walked by. The bowl fell into my hand and I will admit that the metal bit gets quite warm.

The_Algebraist,

roney

The_Algebraist said:
A cop was approaching so I kinda got paranoid and switch the IO off and tried to take off the stem, inadvertently popping the whole bowl off and spilling bits of herb (and not even totally vaped! Maybe only 50% vaped!! :() just as the police officer walked by. The bowl fell into my hand and I will admit that the metal bit gets quite warm.
hehe heh..thats paranioa for ya!:D you end up trying to 'not' draw attention to yoursefl but inadvertendtly draw even more attention to yerself! lucky he ddi not investigate further.

i myself was vaping away at a recent St Patricks day parade here in Dublin . it was great, i was there with the family and lots of kida palying around us etc. i noticed a cop walking around but he was relaxed enough directing traffic. i continued vaping and at one point our eyes met as he drew close to our group. for a second i thought i had gone too far but he did not bat an eyelid and just choogled on by! :p happy daze!:)

roney,

NoSmoke

:D Just bought one at Hideaway in Minneapolis MN for $150 (25% off) on their 4:20 sale!!!!!Also got a vibrating sharpstone grinder for $25 (50% off. I used it once and I like it I think I need to learn some tricks to get it hitting like my PD..... :cool:

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Smokin deal man ( hehehe ) Some tips of getting the most visible vapor, IME.

Dry material is key, as always, the longer the IO warms up the better as well.

Lighting is key, if possible hit the IO outside in your car on a sunny day.

thats all i got >.<

Survivalism,

NoSmoke

^ Alright thanks man! so even when its not making noise its heating up?? cause I notice it make noise after i hit it, and how many sessions or days does one usually get outta one fill??. This thing is dope though I like it alot!!

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
When it is hissing it is reheating back up to temp, it goes for about an hour and 30 minutes of straight use give or take 30 mins or so each way.

Survivalism,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Bubonic said:
Hey guys, I'm probably going to be buying my IO/II in a headshop. I have never been in one before. Are prices for things like vapes more in the shops? Because I paintball and the prices in the stores are always more than it is online
I haven't seen one yet in a head shop, but surely they'll eventually make their way. If you are concerned about price, and don't yet have a credit card, consider something like Paypal, which you can you can fund prior to purchase.

Just a thought.

macbill,

max

Out to lunch
so even when its not making noise its heating up??
When it's not hissing, it's at the proper vaping temp, like when the heat/air cond. in your house isn't running.

No iolites in head shops? Maybe the co. hasn't gotten around to 'headshop marketing' yet. I know when the vape came out last year they required a monthly sales quota from resellers. I wonder if a quota applies to headshops too?

As usual, a lot of online dealers are selling this vape on eBay, and a lot are taking $200 or less on 'best offer'. I'd certainly recommend shopping around for a good price on this model. There's no need to pay $250 when so many people are getting it for at least 20% off.

max,

Twizzmer

Have i got this right??

1. You take out the moisture condensor.
2. You grind the herb and put it in about a 1/4 of the way full.
3. You heat until the red light goes out.
4. You then draw vapour until you cannot taste or see it.
5. You heat again for 45 seconds and inhale.
6. You continue to repeat steps 3 and 4 until no vapour is present and there is no taste.
7. You empty the bowl.

Am i doing this right??

Twizzmer,

max

Out to lunch
Am i doing this right??
That'll work. You don't have to remove the moisture condenser. Some like it installed. Try it with and without. The plan for the new version is to have two condensers. One will be in the mouthpiece and one in the extension. They're supposed to be improved in some way so that airflow is better (than the current design) with it/them installed.

1/4 of the way full
I'd say how full is personal preference and also depends on the quality and dryness of the herb.

You heat until the red light goes out.
Personally, I like to give it at least 2-3 min. of preheating while empty. Doing this with the herb chamber attached gives the entire bowl a chance to heat up without robbing you of the taste of the first hit. I load up after a good preheating. I'm not a fan of preheating the herb. It may help give you a better first hit, especially if your herb isn't real dry, but I find that this vape provides very good taste on the first hit or two, and I like to hit the freshly loaded bowl right away, even if I don't get any visible vapor. Some people associate vapor with smoke too much and depend on visible vapor as the sign that they're getting THC. If you want the best efficiency, I wouldn't discard those invisible hits at the beginning or end of the bowl.

max,

NoSmoke

^^^That might be the reason my Iolite has two moisture condensers, I thought it was one with each mouthpiece, I could see how using two in one mouthpiece could control airflow thus regulating temp, im curious now, im going to have to try that. I seem to like the airflo without it, but now i wanna try it with them both in there.

NoSmoke,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The_Algebraist said:
I meant to post this before, but did anyone else not know that the IO came already filled with fuel?
Guess it depends where you get it, some stores might fill 'em up for ya. Pretty sure O&B ships them all empty.

A cop, an IO and a vaporist... yep, sounds like paranoia got the better of you there. :D

vtac,

HiC

Hey, guys. I got my Iolite several days ago and I'm still adjusting to it, being relatively new to vaporizing in general.

So I see some of you have dropped your's. I just dropped mine the other day. Seemed pretty inevitable. It wasn't too bad of a fall, just 2 feet onto carpet. It seems to be working fine still, but I was just wondering, do you think it's possible to damage your Iolite in a way that allows butane gas to get into the airflow chamber? I don't necessarily think this happened to me, but I thought it might taste a bit weird after I dropped it.

It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me. I imagine if it was butane the taste would be obvious. The taste just seemed a bit off last night, but maybe that was just the herb. I also thought I smelled butane a bit while it was heating up, which I hadn't noticed before the fall. I'm probably just being paranoid here, but it would help to hear from others who have had gravity issues with these delicate-looking little plastic wonders.

HiC,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:uhoh:

I'm quite sure that the smell (most likely mercaptans) is normal. It comes out through the exhaust vent. Afaik, all consumer butane contains some mercaptans but the higher quality stuff might smell a bit less... I've tried Ronson and Colibri in the unit and the Colibri seems (didn't do any serious testing) to smell a bit less.

Regarding all the questions about butane... This could be total junk science... but considering you're dealing with an expensive device and clearly you are concerned for whatever reason about using some unknown Korean butane, why not just use the best butane available. Grab some Vector or Colibri, it's not that much more.

Anyway, the herb chamber is completely isolated from the exhaust... it's a solid steel chamber and the bowl/mouthpiece fit airtight enough to eliminate any cross contamination as far as I can tell.

As far as dropping it 2 feet... how thick was that carpet? I'd say you're fine, but definitely avoid dropping it at all costs. Don't think it'll take abuse like a PD and I don't intend on crash testing mine. ;)

I'll hit a 420 i-i/io bowl. :D

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Here's a belated 4/20 coupon from our friends at www.DieselVapors.com

Grab an I-inhale for $174 with free US shipping.

coupon: iinhale

Very limited supply so don't sleep on it.

vtac,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello all Iolite (formerly I-inhale) owners and all of those just reading out of interest! :D

I just had a couple of thoughts that I wanted to share after using the IoL a great deal (speaking of a great deal...$174 with free US shipping :o ...Thank You DesielVapors.com ! ).

1) I have noticed that the brand/quality of butane used affects the intensity of the orange glow and seems to affect the duration of the warming cycles (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Iolite :cool:).

2) I have also gotten into the habit of filling the herb chamber and barely inserting it into the dish with the heat pin before turning the unit over (making the mouthpiece point up). Before sliding the bowl with mouthpiece attached completely into the dish with the heat pin, I tap/shake the bowl gently. This prevents herbs from getting stuck between the tip of the heat pin and the screen of the 7 dot/hole cup).

3) When not wishing to bomb a room with the aroma of your herbs while vaporizing it helps to fill the unit while cool and let it warm outdoors. Much of the smell will fade, but the oils will remain (due to different vaporizing temperatures of active oils and phenols/terpenes).

OTOH, the unit provides much more flavorful vapor (IME) when it is warmed for 3-5 cycles before being filled :drool:. It provides vapor almost instantly when used in this way, too.

4) For those who happen to have access to a Purple Days Vaporizer and an Iolite (or I-Inhale). The metal moisture condenser fits nicely into the tip of the Purple Days stem. While in the stem, all of the gooey residue can be easily vaporized off by drawing hot air past (leaving the Iolite moisture condenser with a slight easy-to-remove crust). The small metal moisture condenser (along the same lines) can also be used to vaporize oils (not collected within the mouthpiece of the Iolite/I-Inhale) through the PD.

I was initially discouraged about the significant number of malfunctioning Iolite/I-Inhale units of which I am aware (although I do not know all of the usage/potential abuse details). However, all but one of the malfunctioning units have been replaced with no subsequent problems :tup:.

I look foreword to the insight of any other Iolite/I-Inhale users regarding the above observations.

I especially would like to know if anyone who has received one of the newer units (marked Iolite) can notice any differences between it and the ones marked I-Inhale (so far I have heard that the newer units have the same removable heat pin and bottom screen--I believe that they are actually, completely identical with the exception of differing logos)--Please feel free to correct me about this, too, if I am wrong, Iolite ;).

Well, I'll end by asking..."smokeless freedom," anyone? :lol:

Toke it easy! :cool:

Progress,

captainhits

Retailer
I'm interested to find out for sure as well. I'm holding out until this is confirmed. :goat:

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
So your sure the new model does not eliminate the bottom screen or make the heating pin unremoveable?

captainhits,
Top Bottom