NoSmoke

I ground it up very finely (PD fine) then I use the straw method very loose pack, about .2 at the most. Now before I pack I make sure it runs 2-3 cycles, pack, 1-2 cycles, hit very slowly, puff, hit very slowy, hold in, cycle, exhale! POW clouds :p

NoSmoke,

ModuRaziel

out of curiosity, what length mouthpiece are you all using? I doubt it, but maybe thats related to the issue im having

edit:
actually i just shortened the tube, and am noticing something odd. When I pull, it almost feels like there is a vacuum forming inside the chamber. I wonder if perhaps the air intake portion of the vapo is blocked somehow, meaning i can't inhale the vapour thats built up

ModuRaziel,

leozdad

i would think it impossible to obtain a vacuum due to the round heat chamber and the octagon herb chamber ? :peace:

leozdad,

shotgunwilly

could your screen be blocked? the seller i bought mine from included a hat pin(?) (the long...about 2" pin that has a "T" shape,) anyway, that works great at cleaning out the holes after each session.... i believe leozdad is right, the octogon chamber i believe, is how the fresh air enters the chamber... then draws up thru the bowl... oh, and total length i use on the mouth piece/tube combo is about 5" to 6"....

shotgunwilly,

reece

ModuRaziel said:
reece said:
ModuRaziel said:
I suck back the vapour at a medium intensity, but i do go for long draws. I learned from my previous vapo that thats the best way to get anything from it. Still I guess I'll give it another shot when I get home. It may just be that I need to break this baby in a little before it will work properly.

A side question: what does the herb look like when its been fully used up by the iolite? I know my old vape would actually turn the herb black and sometimes even into ash, but that was a metal hot-plate styled vapo. So far, the most I've seen from my iolite is it turns a little less green, a little more brown, and gets crispy.
It should get pretty brown. Is it going through its heating cycles after the initial heat up? Are you using high quality butane?

When I turn mine on, I wait until I can smell a little niceness. Then I hit it. You don't get much more than flavor at that point. I then wait for a couple of heating cycles and all is well. How full are you packing it. A full, loosely packed bowl gives thicker hits. But it is also a bit wasteful. I did have to get used to the thinner hits when lightly packing. It seems as if I'm not getting much but the effect is surely there. Good luck.
It is going through the heating cycles while its on, and goes for about 3 more after i switch it off. The butane i am using is the one whose name starts with an R (i cant remember what its called right now, but its been mentioned in this topic already).

also, when you say "smell a little niceness", what do you mean? i smell a bit of butane when it initially fires up and when it goes through its reheating cycles, but thats about it. And the flavour i get when i hit it is pretty much just the taste of hot air and plastic...

also, as to how full im packing it, id say just under the mid-way line, and loose.
No, not butane. I can smell the herb. The way you're packing it should be fine. Everything sounds right to me. If your butane is Ronson and you're in the UK (flavor with a u)/Europe, you should be fine. Ronson in the U.S. isn't very good from what I've heard. Although someone else may have better information on that.

reece,

ModuRaziel

reece said:
ModuRaziel said:
reece said:
It should get pretty brown. Is it going through its heating cycles after the initial heat up? Are you using high quality butane?

When I turn mine on, I wait until I can smell a little niceness. Then I hit it. You don't get much more than flavor at that point. I then wait for a couple of heating cycles and all is well. How full are you packing it. A full, loosely packed bowl gives thicker hits. But it is also a bit wasteful. I did have to get used to the thinner hits when lightly packing. It seems as if I'm not getting much but the effect is surely there. Good luck.
It is going through the heating cycles while its on, and goes for about 3 more after i switch it off. The butane i am using is the one whose name starts with an R (i cant remember what its called right now, but its been mentioned in this topic already).

also, when you say "smell a little niceness", what do you mean? i smell a bit of butane when it initially fires up and when it goes through its reheating cycles, but thats about it. And the flavour i get when i hit it is pretty much just the taste of hot air and plastic...

also, as to how full im packing it, id say just under the mid-way line, and loose.
No, not butane. I can smell the herb. The way you're packing it should be fine. Everything sounds right to me. If your butane is Ronson and you're in the UK (flavor with a u)/Europe, you should be fine. Ronson in the U.S. isn't very good from what I've heard. Although someone else may have better information on that.
Canada, actually. But would the quality of the butane actually prevent the vaporizer from working?

ModuRaziel,

max

Out to lunch
But would the quality of the butane actually prevent the vaporizer from working?
Not likely. The iolite has a filter in the tank for impurities in butane. It would probably take really poor qualtiy fuel over time to cause a real problem. I used several cans of Ronson with no problems before I bought a higher grade fuel.

max,

ModuRaziel

Well i got it working! Between grinding fine herb, letting it cycle a few times, and taking slow draws i got pretty decently ripped. Still not blowing big clouds, but as long as im feelin affected, thats all that matters. Thanks for the tips guys. Perhaps the high wasnt worth the exorbant price tag, but the portability and stealth totally make up for that and make this the best paraphanellia purchase ive ever made

ModuRaziel,

max

Out to lunch
Perhaps the high wasnt worth the exorbant price tag
What are comparing the high to? Smoke? Or another vape? I find the iolite gets me as high as any other vape at a comparable temp.

max,

ModuRaziel

max said:
Perhaps the high wasnt worth the exorbant price tag
What are comparing the high to? Smoke? Or another vape? I find the iolite gets me as high as any other vape at a comparable temp.
True. I kept reading about super awesome and lengthy highs. I dont get those, but i suppose i do feel more affected than i did with my previous vape. Dont get me wrong though. I aint complaining. I love my iolite. Definately an awesome peice of tech

ModuRaziel,

NoSmoke

Well I did my test this morning and the results are insane! I loaded 2 pd stems unloaded them, then loaded them in the Iolitle w/ the modded herb chamber, the 2 stems filled it a little more then half way. After preheating the Iolite 3 cycles I loaded the 2 stems worth, I then let it heat for 2 cycles, off that tiny amount I got about 8 decent size, I'm talking big for Iolite standards, desktop size hits, and I was blazed, herb was evenly brown, tried confirming by putting the abv in my SSV and I was barely able to pull any vapes. I have pimped out my Iolite, please someone try this you will not regret it!

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i find that with the iolite, it just takes me longer to get thru a bowl than with other vapes. Given an appropriate amount of time, the iolite can get me to the same place as my VHW. Like all good things in life, patience is key.

stonemonkey55,

Homes

Hey guys I'm new to the boards but I've been reading for a while, and I wanted to know if anyone from iOlite can weigh in on the bad batch of mouthpeices and if they're still going around? I bought my iolite back in April and I ended up breaking the stem last week for the first time after putting a good amount of force on it by mistake. So I ended up going to gotvape.com and ordered a new mouthpeice from them, got it in the mail yesterday, used it at night and the mouthpeice snapped off with no effort, it didn't even make a snapping noise its almost as if it melted off because the plastic got too hot from the unit. Good news is I called gotvape this morning and their going to send me a new one for free, but its still an inconvenience.

Homes,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
stonemonkey55 said:
i find that with the iolite, it just takes me longer to get thru a bowl than with other vapes. Given an appropriate amount of time, the iolite can get me to the same place as my VHW. Like all good things in life, patience is key.
ive noticed this too... the iolite always has the longest session time than any of my other vapes... I tend too only use it now when I know i got 10-20 minute time period too sit... normally when i go driving...
for me the iolite is for where ever it isn't convenient for any of my other vapes. Pretty much whenever I am out in public. It does the job nicely.... just takes a bit of time

DevoTheStrange,

NoSmoke

I found that with the improved airflow thru the chamber my bowls are only lasting me half the time, b4 it would go from decent hits to whispy hits and it seemed like forever, now its just big hits then a big difference when its done, way more noticible, no shitting guys I think I've stumbled accross something golden!

NoSmoke,

Vapor-Rings

I've had my iolite for a month or so, but I just joined FC today!
Anyways, have a few questions and comments about the iolite

when i was cleaning my iolite i dislodged the metal part of the bowl piece from the white ceramic looking thing. I put it back in but now it spins freely (like another user mentioned somewhere else in this thread). Did they use some sort of glue to make it stick or what? :uhoh:
Not really a huge problem, at least i can stir the bowl now without taking off the herb chamber :lol:

I think I found the sweet spot, I get huge vapor draws from this baby and i find myself like so :ko:
just had to get the technique down.

Vapor-Rings,

leozdad

yeah all these little tips and tricks and mods sure do make things flow better. I like the way the loads last so long and get me so fucking ripped, i love my 2 iolites all modded out :peace:

-----------------
2 iolites - getting on the list for a PD and hoping Santa brings me an SSV

leozdad,

DB

The iolite (and vaporizors in general) are awesome. The only thing I miss really is the feedback letting you know the bowl is cashed. I'm saving all of the brown stuff, just in case I am emptying it too soon.

Has anyone tried (blasphemy in this forum I know) smoking it?

DB,

kalinga

Here's a mod I did to bring efficiency and herb-conservation a tad closer to the Purple-days / Vapman.

iolite-mod.jpg

I inverted the 7-hole screen and added the spare and placed both on top of each other
then inserted back into the herb chamber. This cuts the chamber size in half but then
I had to cut-off a portion of the heating pin. I also placed the heating-pin screen back
so all the herbs are confined in the small pocket. I haven't tested it yet.. I'll report back asap.

kalinga,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Damn... was so excited for the picture tutorial of the mod.... Until I saw that it required cutting the heat pin :( Damn... I wouldn't know where to start and my husband would look at me like I had 12 heads if I asked him to help... He's the drinker...I the smoker LOL

I am scared to try a mod and F the thing up until after my PD arrives.... Maybe I need a 2nd one for experimentation. Would it be posible for me to cut a hole in the screen things for the heat pin rather than cut the pin?? Oh, did you cut the pin or grind on grinder.... Damn I think that might be over my head!

Don't know why I can't leave well enough alone. The I is WAY better than the old Vapir Air 2 thing that almost made me skip giving vaping a chance. The I heating up now :D

Lo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
DB said:
The iolite (and vaporizors in general) are awesome. The only thing I miss really is the feedback letting you know the bowl is cashed. I'm saving all of the brown stuff, just in case I am emptying it too soon.

Has anyone tried (blasphemy in this forum I know) smoking it?
You're right: there is leftover THC, but smoking is not the way to go. Many make ABV (After Been Vaped) butter, and bake a batch of brownies in honor of Alice B. Toklas. Check her out in that compendium of lies, damn lies, and outright fabrications, Wikipedia.

I believe there are recipes for THC extraction here on the Board.

macbill,

DB

Great idea Macbill. I will look for some recipes. Of course, the whole reason I got the Vape in the first place was because I didn't want the family knowing that I was enjoying my herbs again. The iolite is just so stealthy.
I would put smoking at second on the stealth list just because it is quick (smell is a major downside, eliminated by the Vape). Third would be ingestion, just because I have to use the kitchen and store herbs and magical foodstuffs where the family can find them (and perhaps accidentally ingest them). :uhoh:

DB,

NoSmoke

I did my mod the exact same way as kalinga except I did not cut the heat pin. What I did was replace the screen on the second 7 hole ring with the screen from the bottom chamber, that way the pin can slide right thru, it also allows the pin the cover all the herb, something that was a problem before, and that allows me to get giant hits!

NoSmoke,

shotgunwilly

Nosmoke, i've been thinking about your mod, just taking a swag at it, im thinking by putting the xtra screen (7 hole thing) in, you re doing two things, one, dramatically increasing the "head space" (thats originally why i looked to mod mine) and two, by having more metal in the bowl area, maybe it is retaining more heat from the pin, (you said that the pin makes contact or close enough) thus increasing the bowl temp, perhaps bringing it up closer to the magic 200 C where they found the highest thc vaporization... just a wild ass guess, but it sounded good :lol:, (at least in theory...) im going to try your mod later today... sorry kalinga, i cant bring myself to cut the pin... ;) but thumbs up on the pics, i ve finally was able to visualize what nosmoke was talking about.... oh, DB, about resmoking the used herb... i tried it once and only once, when i very first vaped, (not wanting to waste any herb,) and it was equivalent to smoking ass hair and grass clippings (not the good kind), it tasted like a very bad cigar.... absolutely terrible... save yourself the disgust, its not worth trying... ive been saving mine up to use in the garden, maybe itll give a micro boost of thc to my tomatoes...:lol:

shotgunwilly,
Top Bottom