NoSmoke

highendvapes said:
I really thought there was a diff with the 2 7 holes, but couldnt close the mouthpiece, so I took the screen out of one and drilled out the center hole to allow the pin to pass thru. now i have ring for head space, 2 7holes to acts as a heatsink, bottom screen and ring to hold it all in place. This thing rocks now.
Awesome! :tup: I wanna try Macbills idead as well it sounds great. I'm loving all these different things its really bringing my interest back towards the Iolite! :D

I don't know if mine is the old style i'm thinking it is because it is about 3 dimes deep.

NoSmoke,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I might add, when a person has found the headspace they want, that they use a Dremmel, or some such tool to grind down the pin so that it flatly rests against wherever the 7-dot screen is located. Just a thought.

macbill,

shotgunwilly

highendvapes, are you having any difficulty cleaning it with the deeper center hole now? (ie herb getting stuck down in there?) i thought about drilling it out, so i could put that first retaining ring in the bottom to allow the headspace so i could get air thru all the holes... it would be nice if iolite made a little larger stem opening... i think it would be a little easier to hit.... not so much lung power needed......

shotgunwilly,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I think the compression sleeve works well. Instead of using the 7-dot screen on top of the 3/8th" sleeve, I found in my collection of generic screens a perfect size which I keep in place with the wire retainer thats used to keep the 7-dot in place. Because the generic screen isn't fixed, it just gets pushed 'concave' with the pin.

Success!!! I'm posting toasty.

macbill,
want better airflow from the unit? Remove mouth piece and stem, take herb chamber out of black plastic cover(helmet looking thingy). Replace mouthpiece and stem in silver herb chamber, then fill, insert nude herb chamber into machine, preheat and enjoy! Ps the chamber DOES NOT lock in using this method and care must be taken not to spill one's medicine. Hope it works for you guys mines billowing greasy clouds! Peace J

thevapedcrusader,

NoSmoke

macbill said:
macbill said:
Has anyone considered a compression fitting of suitable size to act as spacer upon which to place new dot screen and retention ring? Hmmmmm.......
It is called a "compression sleeve", and in our non-metric world, The closest I found was 3/8 inch,
http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-330-compression-sleeves-and-nuts/compression-sleeve-600130.aspx
and it is 5 dimes deep.

It works great. see next post. Sorry about being so verbose.
Those sleeves are made of brass correct? Is their anyway to find them in stainless steel, I suppose you just ask huh?

NoSmoke,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
NoSmoke said:
Those sleeves are made of brass correct? Is their anyway to find them in stainless steel, I suppose you just ask huh?
The ones I saw come in either brass or copper. I understand everyone's concern re: health issues. Excuse me for my lack of knowledge, but doesn't emission of toxic fumes re: brass and copper only occur at extremely high temperatures? So would a brass or copper spacer reach that temp in an I-olite?

Inquiring minds want to know..........

macbill,

NoSmoke

macbill said:
NoSmoke said:
The ones I saw come in either brass or copper. I understand everyone's concern re: health issues. Excuse me for my lack of knowledge, but doesn't emission of toxic fumes re: brass and copper only occur at extremely high temperatures? So would a brass or copper spacer reach that temp in an I-olite?

Inquiring minds want to know..........
I know what your saying And I believe the the chamber is aluminum :/ I may be wrong, so yeah your pretty much right... :)

NoSmoke,

Vapor-Rings

Well I found another way to make this baby perform even better!

I noticed that when I preheat the bowl BEFORE I load the herb it gives me MUCH better hits. Someone try it and see if its just me or if it really does do something to vape the bud at a higher temp or something.

Vapor-Rings,

VaporBud

Man I love Iolite.
Never leave home without it.

I glance at me Iolite and i am like "Hey, how u doing :brow:"

VaporBud,

ChuckRock

I too have now been bitten by the faulty stems.
I ordered a new bowl & stem for my i-olite, and on first use with no pressure applied it snapped in the bowls thread.
brokenstemandbowl.jpg

Will now have to wait for a replacement.
Cant even get the snapped part out of the thread and use my old stems
:mad:

Wouldn't have minded so much, but it happened on the road and i was without a vape.

ChuckRock,

leozdad

One little trick i do is i take a pointy stick and make a hole the size of the heat shaft in the center of the filled herb chamber for the heat shaft to go into without packing down the herb. i get great air flow since the herb isn't packed down tight and i get great clouds.

I love my ioLites too :peace:

leozdad,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
ChuckRock said:
Will now have to wait for a replacement.
Cant even get the snapped part out of the thread and use my old stems
Some people have had luck threading a wood screw in from the other side, using it as an Easy-out. I couldn't get that to work when I snapped a stem in mine, so I heated up just the aluminium chamber over a gas (cooking) flame and the plastic melted and it was easy to pull out when hot (just use tweezers or needle-nosed pliers). Of course, should you do this and all hell breaks loose, you didn't hear it from me. Maybe I was just lucky.

macbill,

shotgunwilly

i just put a sharp knife tip in it and gently screwed out the broken piece... brass should be ok with the aluminum... you wont get any electrolysis (i think that what its called...) i dont know about copper though... i just know you can use brass in between different metal pipes in plumbing...

shotgunwilly,

steve5006

shotgunwilly said:
i just put a sharp knife tip in it and gently screwed out the broken piece... brass should be ok with the aluminum... you wont get any electrolysis (i think that what its called...) i dont know about copper though... i just know you can use brass in between different metal pipes in plumbing...
AFAIK there shouldn't be any issues with the battery effect in this situation. The Battery effect not only requires two metals to be in close proximity to one another but also that they have an Electrolyte between them to carry out the reaction.

It's more of an issue if you're building something to go outside and get rained on.

My Iolite should be coming today in the mail. Thanks to all of you for creating this thread with a lot of important tips and information. It really aided me in the buying decision

steve5006,

reece

shotgunwilly said:
i just put a sharp knife tip in it and gently screwed out the broken piece...
...or a screwdriver, or something else along those lines. I had to do it twice, and there were no issues.

reece,

ChuckRock

Thanks for the tips guys;.But ive tried a knife and screwdriver and i still cant get the broken piece out.
Ogelbsy and bulter have said they will replace my broken stem but to be honest that's not good enough.
I would like a replacement bowl, as the one i have is completely useless through no fault of mines.
It was unused, brand new!!!!

I have told them twice now in messages and im awaiting a response from the second message.

Fingers crossed :)

ChuckRock,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
soak the mouth piece in isopropyl alcohol, and then try too remove using a knife or screwdriver (or woodscrew). let it sit for a little while. Might just have a little bit of essential oils cementing it in place. hope you get your mouthpiece fixed.

DevoTheStrange,

ChuckRock

Thanks devo, but It couldn't be essential oils as it wasn't used :(
I did go through a heat cycle or two though. So i wil try some Iso anyway, maybe some warm water.

ChuckRock,

fedete

I had read several pages from this thread, I'm really interested in this device, but I'm interested NOT only in vaping MJ, but also herbal blends like Spice Diamond/Gold and alike containing synthethic cannabinoids like JWH-018, CP-47,497, JWH-073. Does the I-Inhale/Iolite works fine for vape herbal blends??? What do you think? Anyone tried this???

fedete,

shotgunwilly

Thanks steve5006 for clarifying the metal thing... just knew certain metals dont go together well... thanks for the pics macbill, i ll have to look at my 7holes, theyre pretty thin... wow, didnt even know they made sythetic stuff.... trippy... i take it you are somewhere you cant legally get herb? bummer.... the iolite is advertised to heat up to 190 C with the mods folks are doing, perhaps a touch higher... but it is a direct draw type of device, (you have to suck on it to get the vape coming off the bowl,) so if those other herbs can be hit directly and not like a room incense thing, and those temps work for you, i guess it would work... works great on mj though...

shotgunwilly,
Top Bottom