Discontinued Indica Vaporizer

needalift

Hey guys . Haven't Been on the forums for a while , but have been lurking this thread lately . I have been looking of something to use to give my Inhalater XP a break , and due to this thread , I just pulled the trigger . Thanks for unknowingly making up my mind for me on my replacement portable :D

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just read this thread. This looks like the vape I am looking for for my wife. Went straight to the site to order but the shipping to Europe is more than $100. That's just too much. Is there an affordable way to get one shipped to Europe?

Cheers

DR
You could have a USA associate get one, and send it to you as a "gift" to avoid customs interaction.
As a company things must be done very officially, so there are great expenses.
If you had the unit sent to a friend or family member they could go a less "official" route.

dos equis

That shipping price sounds insanely high. Especially for such a small unit?
My LSV shipped internationally was $20, highest I've seen is ~$50-60.

dos equis,
Reactions: cityslang

Adobewan

I'm about to drop the hammer on an Indica and wanted to be sure, indica2.com is the best place to purchase and there's no FC code, correct?
Thanks guys.

Indica Vaporizer

President
Manufacturer
I'm about to drop the hammer on an Indica and wanted to be sure, indica2.com is the best place to purchase and there's no FC code, correct?
Thanks guys.

I'm working on discount codes. Currently there are no discount codes through the current software. It's a beast. As soon as we are find a proper plug in, FC will have the first discount code assigned.

needalift

I just ordered yesterday and it already shipped by the time I got off work last night . That was very impressive !! Now I'm getting giddy like a kid before Christmas . ... On a side note , I need to pop in here more often . I learn something new every time I come on here . Being the only person in my circle of friends that vapes , I start to think I know it all because I'm always trying to school my friends . Then I come on here , and realize how much I don't know . Very informative ..:nod:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I haven't seen an Indica in person, only online but IMO a matt black color would be a bit more stealth. The shiney chrome is beautiful, but I also don't want to attract attention. It would work out good if I were lost on a mountain to SOS for help though.

Was it in May that a unit that has a replaceable battery be available? Has anyone heard confirmation on that? I don't want to start any rumors.

Is it easy to draw from? The mouthpiece looks odd, and does the mouthpiece get hot, being chrome? Sorry if this has been asked. I've looked through the whole thread, I may have forgotten.

Vape Dr.

I agree a black one would be much stealthier. The chrome finish is beautiful but I find myself constantly wiping finger prints off. Not really a big deal. The shiny finish being shiny is what it is.

I Can't/wont speculate on when the replaceable batteries will be available. But it is in the works with other convenient features. Without giving anything away, I can tell you it will have a pick holder which will be nice.
It is very easy to draw through, slightly harder than just breathing in (depending of course how tightly packed and the consistency of your grind).

IMO It works best when you take long slow "draws" not hits, its not a glass pipe.
You guys know this but you want to "draw" or "pull" the vapor out of the oven, not hit it hard like a pipe or a J.

CarolKing! The mouth piece is plastic lined with what looks to be a thin layer of silicone. So no, The mouthpiece will never get hot no matter how long you use it. The oven tube is off centered with the mouthpiece hole which allows you to use it without a screen. Therefore getting anything in your mouth is virtually impossible to do.
There is a space inbetween the base of the Indica and the MP hole which IMO it helps keep the hits cool.

The Indica is an amazing vaporizer. I find it to be very basic in the sense that, you pull the MP off and stick a supplied pipe cleaner through the oven tube. you take your supplied STEEL brush and give it a twist in the oven and your done cleaning. Yes its that simple. sometimes less is more. This is one of those times.

One last thing to mention. The Indica comes in a beautiful "Indica" wooden stash box with 2 picks, 3 spacers, steel wire brush, 5 pipe cleaners, 5 screens (if you choose to use them, I do not), AND an extra oven lid. Talk about getting your moneys worth. Anything you may loose, there is an extra provided!

I hope I answered your questions, if not feel free to ask.

Tony Hemp

I agree a black one would be much stealthier. The chrome finish is beautiful but I find myself constantly wiping finger prints off. Not really a big deal. The shiny finish being shiny is what it is.

I Can't/wont speculate on when the replaceable batteries will be available. But it is in the works with other convenient features. Without giving anything away, I can tell you it will have a pick holder which will be nice.
It is very easy to draw through, slightly harder than just breathing in (depending of course how tightly packed and the consistency of your grind).

IMO It works best when you take long slow "draws" not hits, its not a glass pipe.
You guys know this but you want to "draw" or "pull" the vapor out of the oven, not hit it hard like a pipe or a J.

CarolKing! The mouth piece is plastic lined with what looks to be a thin layer of silicone. So no, The mouthpiece will never get hot no matter how long you use it. The oven tube is off centered with the mouthpiece hole which allows you to use it without a screen. Therefore getting anything in your mouth is virtually impossible to do.
There is a space inbetween the base of the Indica and the MP hole which IMO it helps keep the hits cool.

The Indica is an amazing vaporizer. I find it to be very basic in the sense that, you pull the MP off and stick a supplied pipe cleaner through the oven tube. you take your supplied STEEL brush and give it a twist in the oven and your done cleaning. Yes its that simple. sometimes less is more. This is one of those times.

One last thing to mention. The Indica comes in a beautiful "Indica" wooden stash box with 2 picks, 3 spacers, steel wire brush, 5 pipe cleaners, 5 screens (if you choose to use them, I do not), AND an extra oven lid. Talk about getting your moneys worth. Anything you may loose, there is an extra provided!

I hope I answered your questions, if not feel free to ask.
In your opinion, how is the taste out of this vaporizer? I bought an ascent for tasty vapes, and it works very well. I've been looking to get something for my gf, or if this has a great taste I'll give her my ascent.

Tony Hemp,

Vape Dr.

To me, that would depend on the temperature you set it to.
Tasty vapes are the Indicas specialty.
Just don't expect to get very much vapor production on setting #1 on the Indica (340 degrees)
On #2 (360 degrees) you will get tasty vapes and some visual vapor.
On #3 (375 degrees) you will get great taste and vapor as well as #4.
I do not like to vape over 400 degrees, so I usually don't even go to #5, My girl does and it just doesn't quit.

I had the first version of the ascent, and I thought It tasted ok, but at first it tasted like silicone (that went away after a bit) and it was a bit cumbersome, hot to the touch, and more "delicate".
The Indica doesn't get to hot to hold, provides cool vapor, and is half the size if your looking for portability and stealth as well.

The heat up time is faster on the Indica.
The ascent has an all glass vapor path.
The Indica is extremely durable.
They can both be used while charging.
The Indica has USB charging.
The ascent can vape oils the Indica does not.
The ascent gets very hot to hold.
The Indica is simple to clean.

This is the information I can give you from MPO, but it's ultimately up to you to decide which one suits your needs the best.

Its definitely an excellent choice. IMO, I do not think you will regret buying an Indica.
I no longer own an ascent. I dropped it. :rip:

Last edited:

Tony Hemp

That's good to hear about the customer service. My first impression of the davinci customer service was good, but recently it has been very bad. I ordered an ascent recently because my last one was lost/stolen, but if also like to change it up because I'd like to drop my regular davinci altogether

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I've had my Indica for a week now, and it has fulfilled my goal of complimenting my Solo as a more portable and conduction option, and ofcourse it is just gorgeous. I may post a more detailed review later, but for now just a couple questions for the Indica vets on here, and some suggestions for @Indica Vaporizer on their next model:

First, for those who have been talking about how the bowls last forever, how are you packing it (how much and what method)? On average I usually pour some in, almost to the top, and then put in a spacer, and I seem to get maybe 2 or one and half sessions on one color (blue or green) and then maybe a whole session on purple or red. I think I could be more scientific in my testing though, so maybe I do have that experience too, but the way people were talking I was expecting big vapor output for at least 3 sessions at 3 different temps. I did have to poke out some resin with a toothpick a couple times, but it didn't affect this issue so much (just saved a unproductive session, maybe the vapor path tube needs to be a little wider diameter to combat this issus?).

Similarly with battery life, I have yet to reach an hour 20, usually I get a little over an hour (typically cuts out after one last 10min session, unable to complete the initiation of a new one). So looking at the battery indicator at start up, it seems like I get 3 sessions on white, 3 on green, and then only 1 on red. I usually run my bowls on a lower temp for a session and then a higher temp (sometimes more if I still might have vapor, but sometimes it will stop producing vapor during a session, and I'll still see the session through, for battery tests, but not always, and sometimes I change the temp during a session). Does changing the temp during a session hurt battery life more? Bc I had read other battery tests that were getting an hour 20min all on red, and if I often use temps lower than that (often end on purple even), shouldn't I be seeing at least the hour 20, and probably a little more even?

As for suggestions, aside from the user-replaceable batteries and vape pick storage, there should also be color options, but maybe a cool way to do that would be to work with another company to offer custom paint jobs. So instead of just getting a black or blue one, I can get a cool design or pattern like zippos do, making it more stealth and personalized as well (or maybe some kind of carbon fiber wrap could work? And just sell those).

Another suggestion is to offer some kind of steel bong adapter mouthpiece, since its so easily removable, it seems like a good opportunity to have a 14mm option as well.

Also maybe including a container for ground herbs could be a nice way of adding value, I use a film canister myseld but something like the size of @Vape Dr. 's vials could be cool since theyve got a narrow mouth too.

Finally I think its important to offer us early adopters some kind of trade-in or something so we too can upgrade to the newer model whenever it becomes available. And maybe offer those of us who missed these supposed upcoming FC coupon codes some kind of rebate (or future purchase coupon) as well, so we don't kick ourselves for not waiting to jump on this great little device.

Thanks to the company and all the FCers who helped make this such a wonderful product!

Belgianvapor

The Indica arrived at my door today, this thing is beautiful !
And, it's smaller than I thought...
After the charge, I filled it almost to the top, loosely, and put a spacer in.
At this moment I'm on my second session (back to back) on red and I still get very nice vapor.
The unit gets a bit hot, or warm, but it doesn't get warmer during the second
session and doesn't bother at all.
The unit "cleans itself" while in the satchel so I don't mind the fingerprints all that much.
It feels like cleaning routine will be scarce, after two sessions or so all that needs to be done
is run a toothpick trough the tube.
I'm happy I jumped the wagon!

I have a question about the battery, what is the best way to treat the battery?
Charge as much as often or charge when almost empty...?
Can I put it back on the charger right after a session or does it need to be cool again first?
(I don't think its the latter because you can use and charge at the same time)
Thanks !

llamaman001

Glad you joined the team Belgianvapor! Im not sure about your other questions but its not good to charge ANY battery when its hot after being used. It needs time to cool down back to room temp at least or it can possibly damage the battery or shorten the life of it.

EDIT: Its your choice but if your looking for maximum vapor output DONT PACK IT LOOSE. I pack hard..about half as hard as I would on a extraction tube...you dont want to turn your material into a compressed stone but you do want to mash it in there fairly well. I usually fill it up all the way, pack it down, then add more and pack it down, then add the spacer and finally use that to pack it down even more! I get great results and can literally get lung busting clouds this way. Your instinct will tell you that because your packing you wont get any airflow but believe me, this is not the case. I get nearly the same airflow on this thing regardless of how the material is put in there. My favorite method of all time is to fill and pack the unit with material until the air hole is covered, then I pack it down with a nice layer of kief and then more material...if you start on green and slowly move to red your looking at about a 20-30 minute session if your by yourself. Ive noticed that much of the time the Indica sessions last longer than I do, which is very rare!

Last edited:

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi everybody!!!
I received my Indica a couple of days ago (no customs!!!) and have been using it hard. I have a quick question:
@Indica Vaporizer:
Is it ok to use iso with the oven door? I'm worried about the black parts. Have you tried to leave the door in ISO for one hour or so? TIA

llamaman001

Overvaped, while Ive never had to clean my unit I would recommend getting a qtip and dipping it in ISO and then squeezing a little out of it so its not dripping and then lightly brush ONLY the outer walls of the oven, Id avoid the black parts until you hear from Mike himself on that. Also note that the air path is not perfectly smooth in the oven so I wouldn't aggressively brush right there with the qtip other wise you may have cotten get stuck....Now that I think about it just use a pipe cleaner to make sure that doesn't happen. I like to double fold the normal ones you buy at any headshop so that they are thicker and sturdier and save the ones the indica came with for the air path itself.

Indica Vaporizer

President
Manufacturer
Hi everybody!!!
I received my Indica a couple of days ago (no customs!!!) and have been using it hard. I have a quick question:
@Indica Vaporizer:
Is it ok to use iso with the oven door? I'm worried about the black parts. Have you tried to leave the door in ISO for one hour or so? TIA

Rather than immerse the door 100%, swab the metal with a Qtip dipped in ISO when ever you feel it necessary. It will work just as effectively. I've never had the amount of build up to consider immersion.

Vape Dr.

So I've had my Indica for a week now, and it has fulfilled my goal of complimenting my Solo as a more portable and conduction option, and ofcourse it is just gorgeous. I may post a more detailed review later, but for now just a couple questions for the Indica vets on here, and some suggestions for @Indica Vaporizer on their next model:

First, for those who have been talking about how the bowls last forever, how are you packing it (how much and what method)? On average I usually pour some in, almost to the top, and then put in a spacer, and I seem to get maybe 2 or one and half sessions on one color (blue or green) and then maybe a whole session on purple or red. I think I could be more scientific in my testing though, so maybe I do have that experience too, but the way people were talking I was expecting big vapor output for at least 3 sessions at 3 different temps. I did have to poke out some resin with a toothpick a couple times, but it didn't affect this issue so much (just saved a unproductive session, maybe the vapor path tube needs to be a little wider diameter to combat this issus?).

Similarly with battery life, I have yet to reach an hour 20, usually I get a little over an hour (typically cuts out after one last 10min session, unable to complete the initiation of a new one). So looking at the battery indicator at start up, it seems like I get 3 sessions on white, 3 on green, and then only 1 on red. I usually run my bowls on a lower temp for a session and then a higher temp (sometimes more if I still might have vapor, but sometimes it will stop producing vapor during a session, and I'll still see the session through, for battery tests, but not always, and sometimes I change the temp during a session). Does changing the temp during a session hurt battery life more? Bc I had read other battery tests that were getting an hour 20min all on red, and if I often use temps lower than that (often end on purple even), shouldn't I be seeing at least the hour 20, and probably a little more even?

As for suggestions, aside from the user-replaceable batteries and vape pick storage, there should also be color options, but maybe a cool way to do that would be to work with another company to offer custom paint jobs. So instead of just getting a black or blue one, I can get a cool design or pattern like zippos do, making it more stealth and personalized as well (or maybe some kind of carbon fiber wrap could work? And just sell those).

Another suggestion is to offer some kind of steel bong adapter mouthpiece, since its so easily removable, it seems like a good opportunity to have a 14mm option as well.

Also maybe including a container for ground herbs could be a nice way of adding value, I use a film canister myseld but something like the size of @Vape Dr. 's vials could be cool since theyve got a narrow mouth too.

Finally I think its important to offer us early adopters some kind of trade-in or something so we too can upgrade to the newer model whenever it becomes available. And maybe offer those of us who missed these supposed upcoming FC coupon codes some kind of rebate (or future purchase coupon) as well, so we don't kick ourselves for not waiting to jump on this great little device.

Thanks to the company and all the FCers who helped make this such a wonderful product!
I think

I think these are the ones. they are super cheap. Just make sure you look at the product description and make sure they're sterile, and do not have any gel. You want the purple cap ones.
http://www.shopmedvet.com/product/b...t-supplies-blood-collection-tubes-centrifuges

http://www.shopmedvet.com/category/laboratory-equipment-supplies-blood-collection-tubes-centrifuges

the larger ones have round bottom, the smaller ones have a flat bottom.

Last edited:
Vape Dr.,
Reactions: Adobewan

needalift

The Indica arrived at my door today, this thing is beautiful !
And, it's smaller than I thought...
After the charge, I filled it almost to the top, loosely, and put a spacer in.
At this moment I'm on my second session (back to back) on red and I still get very nice vapor.
The unit gets a bit hot, or warm, but it doesn't get warmer during the second
session and doesn't bother at all.
The unit "cleans itself" while in the satchel so I don't mind the fingerprints all that much.
It feels like cleaning routine will be scarce, after two sessions or so all that needs to be done
is run a toothpick trough the tube.
I'm happy I jumped the wagon!

I have a question about the battery, what is the best way to treat the battery?
Charge as much as often or charge when almost empty...?
Can I put it back on the charger right after a session or does it need to be cool again first?
(I don't think its the latter because you can use and charge at the same time)
Thanks !
I should have mine by Monday !! I too am wanting to know if it's cool to keep the battery topped off , or if it's best to let it die before charging . Belgianvapor says the unit gets warm ,but does it get to warm to throw back in your pocket after using ??
Also , has anyone tried using the Dube tubes for planetvape to store and load ground herb ?? And for my last question , because I haven't noticed it in any posts , does the indica have an auto shut off after a specific amount of time , or is it on the user to make sure to shut it down ??

needalift,
Top Bottom