Discontinued Indica Vaporizer

Vitolo

Vaporist
How is this unit compared to the FireFly in flavor, ease of use and quality?
Firefly is convection.... hot air blowing past/through loosely piled weed.
Indica is conductive... inhaling vapor (through oral suction)off of a compressed cake of baking weed.
Ease of use....
Indica is easier to use, as it is designed to not be opened once you are on the move.
The quality on both of these units is excellent for what they are capable of accomplishing.
Proper tools for the jobs, so to speak.
They are such different beasts that comparison here would not be fruitful.

Indica Vaporizer

President
Manufacturer
Hi All,

Sorry for my hiatus from the site. Simultaneous to the quiet launch, I was in Denver, educating consumer and business alike of the Indica’s existence. This has been Quite and an exciting week.

First, let me thank all of you on the FC forum for your contribution in the development of the Indica. I recognize that it could not meet the high bench marks we’ve reached to date with out your input and criticism which has guided me through the corrections and rebuilding of the current model. Kudos to all of you.

Now regarding February orders, we’re trying to resurrect them today. If there are any additional delays, I’ll let you know in the next 24 hours.

Regarding overseas shipments from our California ware-house, I’ll look into less expensive options ASAP. This was a UPS plug and play tool. Unfortunately it’s not the most economical one for those abroad.

Now, here’s two heads ups. First, regarding the initial charge. We have been pre charging the batteries to 70-80% of full capacity. Your initial charge only needs to be for a short period of time and the Indica will clearly indicate that moment when the LED shuts off. We need to change this in the instruction manual.

The second correction that you may find unsettling at first is the battery level indicator. You will all be pleased with the life and consistency of the battery, but the indicator will need adjustment in the following production runs. An example, your first 2 ten minute cycles will stay white/blue. Realistically, they should be 4 + cycles. Your next 3 ten minute cycles will likely be green. These should be an additional 4 +, depending on what power setting you use. Lastly, you are probably getting close to 5 ten minute cycles in Red. After we correct this issue, you should only get 2 to 3 cycles.

These are fairly easy programing changes and will be applied shortly.

On a final note, keep a pipe cleaner handy for airline cleaning every 5 to 10 chamber refills with out the screen. Since the fines have an opportunity of blocking the base of the chimney feeding the air line with out the screen, a single push through the air line eliminates any obstacle. This issue has had me go bonkers thinking the Indica was malfunctioning in the early days. Such a simple solution, all Indica users need be made aware.

Most of all, I need to express again how pleased I am to hear you overall satisfaction with the Indica. All of you involved, I applauded you commitment to the project and once again thank this community for your continued guidance.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi All,

Sorry for my hiatus from the site. Simultaneous to the quiet launch, I was in Denver, educating consumer and business alike of the Indica’s existence. This has been Quite and an exciting week.

First, let me thank all of you on the FC forum for your contribution in the development of the Indica. I recognize that it could not meet the high bench marks we’ve reached to date with out your input and criticism which has guided me through the corrections and rebuilding of the current model. Kudos to all of you.

Now regarding February orders, we’re trying to resurrect them today. If there are any additional delays, I’ll let you know in the next 24 hours.

Regarding overseas shipments from our California ware-house, I’ll look into less expensive options ASAP. This was a UPS plug and play tool. Unfortunately it’s not the most economical one for those abroad.

Now, here’s two heads ups. First, regarding the initial charge. We have been pre charging the batteries to 70-80% of full capacity. Your initial charge only needs to be for a short period of time and the Indica will clearly indicate that moment when the LED shuts off. We need to change this in the instruction manual.

The second correction that you may find unsettling at first is the battery level indicator. You will all be pleased with the life and consistency of the battery, but the indicator will need adjustment in the following production runs. An example, your first 2 ten minute cycles will stay white/blue. Realistically, they should be 4 + cycles. Your next 3 ten minute cycles will likely be green. These should be an additional 4 +, depending on what power setting you use. Lastly, you are probably getting close to 5 ten minute cycles in Red. After we correct this issue, you should only get 2 to 3 cycles.

These are fairly easy programing changes and will be applied shortly.

On a final note, keep a pipe cleaner handy for airline cleaning every 5 to 10 chamber refills with out the screen. Since the fines have an opportunity of blocking the base of the chimney feeding the air line with out the screen, a single push through the air line eliminates any obstacle. This issue has had me go bonkers thinking the Indica was malfunctioning in the early days. Such a simple solution, all Indica users need be made aware.

Most of all, I need to express again how pleased I am to hear you overall satisfaction with the Indica. All of you involved, I applauded you commitment to the project and once again thank this community for your continued guidance.
Can't discount you being so receptive of our opinions/advice, either. Haven't had a chance to use your product yet but overall I loved the direction this thread/product has headed since the beginning.

herbivore21

Ok, this looks really promising. The most discreet, well-built vape I have seen yet.

Can this be washed with ISO?

I have never had a good experience with conduction vaping, I have only used terrible cheap Chinese conduction vapes though. Can I get good taste and good medication from an Indica? Nano owners, I'm looking to you to let me know! I know they may be very different - but will I get high on good tasting vapour in a timely fashion?

While we're at it, how long does it take to heat the bowl and inhale?

Also, @Indica Vaporizer when will the abovementioned updates to the programming be made? I am looking to fill my on the go vaping needs and this looks promising! Kudos for a discreet design! Looks like a knock off zippo lighter (which are pretty common around where I live!).

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Firefly is convection....
Ease of use....
Indica is easier to use, as it is designed to not be opened once you are on the move.
What do you mean by it is not designed to be open on the move? Are you saying you shouldnt be loading on the go, you dont need to load on the go because it holds more, or its easier to load on the go?

Sorry that confused me

jonjon

Ok, this looks really promising. The most discreet, well-built vape I have seen yet.

I have never had a good experience with conduction vaping, I have only used terrible cheap Chinese conduction vapes though. Can I get good taste and good medication from an Indica? Nano owners, I'm looking to you to let me know! I know they may be very different - but will I get high on good tasting vapour in a timely fashion?

Also, @Indica Vaporizer when will the abovementioned updates to the programming be made? I am looking to fill my on the go vaping needs and this looks promising! Kudos for a discreet design! Looks like a knock off zippo lighter (which are pretty common around where I live!).

Keep in mind it's a lot larger than a typical zippo. It's more the size of a pack of cigarettes.

You can use ISO to clean it. I wouldn't dunk it in, but dipping pipe cleaners or qtips in ISO are fine. I had no problem getting medicated from mine in a timely fashion. Taste is subjective, but I thought the taste was fine.

Lastly, I waited about 60 seconds after turning it on to inhale.

jonjon

What do you mean by it is not designed to be open on the move? Are you saying you shouldnt be loading on the go, you dont need to load on the go because it holds more, or its easier to load on the go?

Sorry that confused me

If you look at the firefly design, the top easily pops open. The indica's oven door closes tightly. I think there is a much lower chance of losing the indica's contents in your pocket.

Reloading the indica on the go would be tricky. It really helps to have a surface to work on. Especially if you use the spacer. I wouldn't suggest trying to walk somewhere while holding the indica in one hand and your herb storage in the other trying to fill it.

It holds a pretty good amount. At least twice as much as a MFLB. Not so much that if you were out all day and night that you wouldn't want to fill it though.

jonjon,
Reactions: Vitolo

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Since it's a conduction vaporizer the taste won't be nearly as good as your E-Nano. For flavor I'd start on the low setting for a while and increase as needed. It'll start out good but degrade as you vape/let it heat. As for medication, I don't see why it wouldn't medicate you. Might be a bit different than what you're used to, what with conduction vs. convection and vape signatures.

technique

So is thing going to be available in matt black and with a removable lid? if not what is holding your lid on, is it a case of me removing a pin to make it seperate and if so does it attach seculry without the pin in the hinge?

If you do not intend to make different colours could you speak to a vinyl company to create cover art/colours for it (hope that made sense)? i am sure plenty of us would be willing to shell a little extra to make it a little more discreate

Love your work and sorry for all the questions i am just very interested lol

Vitolo

Vaporist

Sorry that confused me

If you look at the firefly design, the top easily pops open. The indica's oven door closes tightly. I think there is a much lower chance of losing the indica's contents in your pocket.

Reloading the indica on the go would be tricky. It really helps to have a surface to work on. Especially if you use the spacer. I wouldn't suggest trying to walk somewhere while holding the indica in one hand and your herb storage in the other trying to fill it.

It holds a pretty good amount. At least twice as much as a MFLB. Not so much that if you were out all day and night that you wouldn't want to fill it though.
That is basically what I meant.
The self enclosed, small, evenly shaped, lighter weight nature of the Indica makes it easier to have filled, and sealed and in a pocket.
Measures must be taken to keep the FF secured.

Adobewan

My Firefly lid seals quite tightly but I recommend keeping it in a snack size ziplock bag while in your pocket or on the go, more for odor reduction then the lid coming off.
...I wouldn't suggest trying to walk somewhere while holding the indica in one hand and your herb storage in the other trying to fill it.
Not sure how many of us are walking and loading, but how easy would loading the Indica be if you were standing at a concert or in your car during a break?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Not sure how many of us are walking and loading, but how easy would loading the Indica be if you were standing at a concert or in your car during a break?
Loading and unloading are not the Indica's strongest points IMO. I use a loading tool and recommend some type of tool as the oven door opening is not big enough to accommodate big/clumsy fingers. Plus there is the spacer to deal with, but the included pic tool has a hook built in for ease of removal (if you remember to bring the tool that is). Of course if the unit is hot, this becomes even more challenging and the risk of burns becomes an issue as well (that little spacer gets really hot as you might imagine).

All in all I'd say it's about as "difficult" as loading an OG DaVinci (which has it's own challenges with the lid in the way and all). Nothing too troublesome, but not as easy as other vapes IMO. :2c:

:peace:

Vape Dr.

To fill my Indica, I use little 2 and 5/8th" long vials with E-cig filter silicone caps.
They hold enough to pack the oven 3-4 times, and are about & 7/16th OD so it fits right inside the oven.
I just "twist" out the desired amount. no spilling, no smell.
I can easily walk, and fill the chamber, insert spacer, put the oven lid on and commence vaping.
I do it all the time.
Works awesome.

420democrat

To fill my Indica, I use little 2 and 5/8th" long vials with E-cig filter silicone caps.
They hold enough to pack the oven 3-4 times, and are about & 7/16th OD so it fits right inside the oven.
I can easily walk, and fill the chamber, insert spacer, put the oven lid on and commence vaping.
I do it all the time.
Works awesome.

You use jyarz or however it's spelled? If not link to purchase your jars? XD lol I want now

Adobewan

I do it all the time.
Works awesome.
Pretty Slick Vape Dr.! Would you mind sharing more info regarding the vials and caps?

Vape Dr.

Absolutely Adobewan!, the vials are the standard vials they use at my vet for bloodwork and come with a rubber "plug" style cap.
My neighbor is a veterinarian so I just had her order me a bunch.
I find the cap/plugs are cumbersome, so I use E-cig filter caps which are nice because they come in all different colors and are silicone (I cut them in half they are long and create much suction, only 1/4" is needed). I can look at the cap and know what blend is in the vial.
I got some other ones that are slightly larger as well incase I need to take more than 3-4 oven full.
If someone could show or tell me how to easily post picture from my phone on FC, or on the computer I would be glad to post pics!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Absolutely Adobewan!, the vials are the standard vials they use at my vet for bloodwork and come with a rubber "plug" style cap.
I find the cap/plugs are cumbersome, so I use E-cig filter caps which are nice because they come in all different colors and are silicone (I cut them in half they are long and create much suction, only 1/4" is needed). I can look at the cap and know what blend is in the vial.
I got some other ones that are slightly larger as well incase I need to take more than 3-4 oven full.
If someone could show or tell me how to easily post picture from my phone on FC, or on the computer I would be glad to post pics!

See How to post pictures.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Indica Vaporizer

President
Manufacturer
Vape Dr., Nice work :rockon: Looks like your putting as much time into my product development as I am. Great ideas.

Technique, color and design changes are likely to occur, but not for several months. Give me several months of successes with this model and I can promise there will be options to this first production design.

By the way, ISO with a Qtip is the best way for a thorough cleaning of the chamber. The 60+ seconds is great suggestion, but I would also cycle once as well to avoid any undesirable taste.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Good idea, but you must have cleaned the clot gel out of the red/grey top tube and the EDTA out of the Lavender top -correct?

VaporsVaporizer,

Vape Dr.

Good idea, but you must have cleaned the clot gel out of the red/grey top tube and the EDTA out of the Lavender top -correct?
actually, no. the tubes did not come with any gel in them. i know exactly what your talking about. the small tubes never come with the gel in the bottom. the larger ones with the purple plugs do not have the gel in them. the ones with the gel are also plastic. i ordered the glass vials with purple tops. my neighbor gave me a couple of marble tops which were not used but i cleaned them thoroughly any way.
thank you very much for bringing that up, i failed to mention that.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
OK, but all Lavender tubes have EDTA in them, either liquid in the glass or spray coated. I was making sure if anyone gets them they clean them out.

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I fill my Indica on the move more easily than most vapes.
I suffer spasticity, and manage it well. The space above the chamber acts as a nice funnel... the spacer pinches off the load and seals it so I can dump the herb back in a jar before placing the oven door.
I just stuff pinches of ground meds in there if I am out and about.

technique

vape pick storage

It looks black in this picture and i love it.

Its such a shame vaping is considered so taboo I would like to say to the manufacturer I am not complaining about your product i truly love it colour and shape and all, its very me however the stigma involved (and legality lol) require the most stealthy approach i can manage

Top Bottom