• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued herbalAire

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I will purchase everything once I know all the accessories I need like the screens which I found today. I will purchase the whole package the first week of feb for my bday. I actually pulled the trigger on the bubbler I posted a link on the previous page. Im stoked about that. I never used glass so is the HA2.2 18mm or 14mm? (I see you can buy these adapters on the site where I bought the bubbler)

Live-N-Learn,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
The PVC tubing provided with an HerbalAire is 3/16" I.D. 5/16" O.D. but you already know that i guess.

I did not know this and thanks for all the help. My only question is if it uses 14mm, then Im guessing the tubing for 14mm would be 3/16" x 5/16" if I wanted to make some extra long tubing contraption?

I researched 18mm is only used for bigger bongs and if you want less restricted airflow due to the bigger hole.

Live-N-Learn,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again,

My only question is if it uses 14mm...

All right, then i'd reply the main white teflon mouthpiece appears to have been designed with a round-shaped end in order to match female 14 mm GonG bong connectors. It seems i can't find an appropriate picture from my own pool so here's one i found elsewhere:

1228001101.jpg

Essentially, you'd just hold the unit up-side-down. This will allow you to limit air restriction while using the stock moutpiece but i don't do this, ever: having no GonG water glassware myself there's just no point and it turns out i much prefer a glass accessory now that i have got some working for me...

...guessing the tubing for 14mm would be 3/16" x 5/16"...

HerbalAire's connector system is for the tubing you refered to above. Considering that this tubing mates well with the larger 5/16" I.D. 7/16" O.D. format that would mean you get the option to use a short piece of the smaller one to use it like a simple format adaptor and i've done it: i'm sure it's been captured on some of my pictures, actually. In fact i didn't feel there was something i couldn't do as the system is versatile enough for my own needs!

I hope that helped to clear the matter for you.

:peace:

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I have gotten tired of waiting for the PV HA GonG Adapter to officially be released & available for purchase (I'm just a 'tad' impatient ;)), & seeing the pics on their webpage only made it worse! I want, we all want, such a grand adapter made SPECIFICALLY for the HerbalAire. Well, most of us do anyways.

I decided to make my own GonG adapter, via the PV GonG SOLO Adapter (18mm). With the aid of my CloudBuddy by VapeXhale, which is a fantastic accessory(IMO), ease of use is the name of the game. It's great for the VXC(Cloud), but the adapter can be used for all types of scenarios & different vaporizers / custom set-ups. One of it's functions is to act as a 'carb', so there is no need to "pull the unit" out of the GonG Joint when one is ready to clear the hit from their water-pipe. This enables effortless use / hits, & reduces the stress on the GonG Joint(since it isn't being inserted>removed>inserted>etc). My main problem with my mod for the HA, was the difficulty of removing the Solo Adapter+HA each time I needed to clear my hit. CloudBuddy + "my new mod" = HerbalAire 2.2C (cloud). It's absolutely a joy to use. It's atop my LW 15-Arm Bubbler ATM, producing flavorful & dense vapor. :drool:

I used teflon tape to 'seal' the Solo glass stem(GonG adapter), & the crucible rests where it normally would.. quite similar to Egzo's Mod(thanks for the inspiration & HA expertise). I have been thoroughly testing it out for the past 48 hrs. I am sure that the weight is too much for the thin Solo adapters(the PV HA equivalent will be able to endure more stress/weight), but so far . . . so good. :rockon::science::dog:

(pictures to come.. once I figure out how to upload them to the forum.. :doh: )

GratefulVapor,
Reactions: Egzoset

andrewburgess

Where is it you think the THC escapes to and is never recovered?
OF

oxidation

sorry for the lack of context. this is from way earlier in the thread where people commented that leaving herb in a powered vaporizer seems to degrade the herb over time. i've been thinking about a vaporizer design that can be loaded once a week and degradation of the herb is a concern. the only solution ideas so far are lower the temperature and displace the oxygen from the storage chamber with an inert gas like CO2.

my experience is vaping a double load halfway and then turning the HA off and trying to vape the rest the next day just doesnt seem to work. even though the last hit you took the previous day was huge, the hits the next day suck.

oh yes, i'm a grinder too. and that makes the oxidation worse i imagine but i don't like the... thinness of the hits from unground buds.

cheers everyone!

andrewburgess,

OF

oxidation

sorry for the lack of context.

Then let's keep it in context? My point back then is guys leave herb in stem vapes overnight without serious issues.

I don't know what to say you about leaving the HA on and having it time out then coming back later and restarting the session.....I don't have troubles doing that, in fact I do so quite naturally all the time...... Not ideal, but not a sin IMO.

I'm not sure about a 'fill it once a week' vape for herbs, but if that's the goal some cool down, isolation and backfilling seems in order. Seems to me that's making it awfully big and complex, but not my project. Good luck with it.

OF

andrewburgess

My point back then is guys leave herb in stem vapes overnight without serious issues.
not serious issues. i notice a difference, i prefer it without that difference, so i am thinking about ways to fix it.
I don't know what to say you about leaving the HA on and having it time out then coming back later and restarting the session.....I don't have troubles doing that, in fact I do so quite naturally all the time...... Not ideal, but not a sin IMO.
hmmm. then maybe you do notice a difference? otherwise why isn't it ideal?

I'm not sure about a 'fill it once a week' vape for herbs, but if that's the goal some cool down, isolation and backfilling seems in order. Seems to me that's making it awfully big and complex, but not my project. Good luck with it.

thank you. i will need alot of luck :-)

andrewburgess,
Reactions: OF

SnidelyWhiplash

Ok guys, throw away your wack assed tubing and do this shit right. Introducing the Herbalaire GONG exclusively from Planetvape.ca

I requested this (or something like it) and they fucking stepped up and took over. I have been hitting a cloud the last week and I prefer this. Mind you I wouldn't mind owning both. But this thing hits like a fucking dream instantly, never burns, tastes perfect, depletes the herb completely and is relatively indestructible. And bowl size (amount of herb) is irrelevant to hit quality.

I made this video to thank them. My live jams are the music!

Hope this helps some of you enjoy your herbalaire about 2x as much. Peace.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Ok guys, throw away your wack assed tubing and do this shit right. Introducing the Herbalaire GONG exclusively from Planetvape.ca

I requested this (or something like it) and they fucking stepped up and took over. I have been hitting a cloud the last week and I prefer this. Mind you I wouldn't mind owning both. But this thing hits like a fucking dream instantly, never burns, tastes perfect, depletes the herb completely and is relatively indestructible. And bowl size (amount of herb) is irrelevant to hit quality.

I made this video to thank them. My live jams are the music!

Hope this helps some of you enjoy your herbalaire about 2x as much. Peace.

Oh my. That thing looks like it packs a punch. I want to throw away my wack ass tubing already. :o
I assume I need this piece if I want to hook it to my bubbler. Whats the diff between perm glass and the screen? Is the glass one better? Seemed like the holes were pretty big on the glass one.

Final question. If you were to invert the HA back to normal position after you put that herb inside, would it make a mess inside your HA? I don't see anything that would prevent a spill inside.

Live-N-Learn,

SnidelyWhiplash

Letsee, the metal screen one has ZERO resistance. Making for a slightly smoother hit. The glass is still in beta but as you saw, it performed rather well, hahahah. I asked for another hole in it to even out the pull, and they are considering it. It's really close as the restrictions of the herbalaire itself even out the pull.

Yes this meant to be inverted. I would feel fairly confident using it upright with a hydrotube, provided its just dry herb, concentrates would be a bad idea uninverted.

SnidelyWhiplash,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I don't have a problem inverting it, that's cool with me. I just didn't want to flip it back and have a mess inside lol. All glass makes me want it more. Can any finely ground bud go through the holes in the glass piece & Is there an estimated release date for the glass one?

Live-N-Learn,

SnidelyWhiplash

I think they will be offering them right away, not sure. Keep in mind, the receiving area that the all glass goes in is also metal. So really the screen is rather trivial - all glass will require higher maintenance (soaks as opposed to screen changes). But they both perform outstanding. I'm still feeling the screen one a little more... for now...

SnidelyWhiplash,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I think they will be offering them right away, not sure. Keep in mind, the receiving area that the all glass goes in is also metal. So really the screen is rather trivial - all glass will require higher maintenance (soaks as opposed to screen changes). But they both perform outstanding. I'm still feeling the screen one a little more... for now...

I do not mind the maintenance, Ive been reading of ways to clean glass so Im up to the challenge. I just got my tubing for my first ever bubbler this week, and I already want to upgrade to eliminate tubing from the mix. Im set to purchase the HA2.2 the first week of February and this piece will make the hookup to the bubbler so much better. I see its out of stock on the planetvape website also.

Live-N-Learn,

SnidelyWhiplash

I might add, I've been hitting this with really small amounts... and it's like instant blue cloud. Dense as possible, and depletes the herb in 4 hits in herbalaire fashion. This means if you have the patience to reload, you get more green rips. Or just load big, whatevers.

SnidelyWhiplash,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I might add, I've been hitting this with really small amounts... and it's like instant blue cloud. Dense as possible, and depletes the herb in 4 hits in herbalaire fashion. This means if you have the patience to reload, you get more green rips. Or just load big, whatevers.

Once I see it is in stock I will pull the trigger on it. If you say the metal one hits better then the one from the video, that's insane. I still want the glass one though :p.

Live-N-Learn,

ictus

Hey guys,

I've been trying out my HA GonG adapter from PlanetVape too.

I actually bought their prototype unit that was designed with a glass frit. 14mm version. They drilled 4 additional small holes in it because the frit was so dense it wasn't letting much airflow through at all. So it's more like a typical glass screen slide right now. I like it!

I found that at first, the GonG adapter would barely go inside the HA, maybe about 1/4" would go in. Well I didn't force it and just used it like that. By the end of the first session the adapter was going down almost all the way without any force.

I really like it. There is the small issue of herbs falling down backwards when you remove the HA unit and place it on a table. I've thought about leaving the metal crucible inside the HA upside down for this reason. Wouldn't really cause much change in performance IMO.

Nothing but good things to say about this GonG adapter.

I threw away all the teflon and PVC tubing pieces last night :) Glass tastes so much nicer.

ictus,

ictus

ok....be careful with these adpaters!

funny how in the last post I am talking about the adapter being snug. Well I just managed to break my herbalaire by trying to turn the adapter a bit to get it out easier.

I ended up rotating the actual heating element assembly inside the unit, such that I heard a pop sound, and the white plastic air intake piece is no longer lined up on the intake. I see what appears to be that piece rotated sideways and some cotton sticking out. I tried briefly to rotate it back into place, but it seems impossible. I need to take off the entire outer cover to do that I think. Anybody know how?

What's the warranty on these? Mine is around a year old.

ictus,

SnidelyWhiplash

Hit Ictus!
They are in the process of fixing this (shrinking the stem) before any more are sold
I have 2 and one fits perfectly without any drama. The other is too tight and has the potential.
I dissected my old herbalaire, and found it quite difficult to get inside that part of the chassis. Herbalaire can repair it, they are super nice. Be honest with them, they know the only way that can happen is a center rotation.

SnidelyWhiplash,

ictus

thanks. I contacted them. I realize I am firmly outside of warranty territory right now: the warranty has a disclaimer about physical abuse and this is obviously a 3rd party adapter so I don't expect much. Still it has been just under 1 year since I bought the HA, so I went ahead and told them what happened to see what they say. Maybe they can help me fix it.

ictus,

ictus

Well some good news to report.
The manufacturer of herbalaire is only going to charge 50 bucks to fix my unit.

Even better news is that after telling PlanetVape what happened, they felt bad and are shipping me a bran new HerbalAire unit! They are going to include a strong disclaimer with future GonG adapters as well as manufacture the new ones slightly smaller because of this, so I doubt if they will adopt a long term policy of replacing units for people, but it was still really surprising for them to offer this.

*edit* incase I wasn't clear, PlanetVape requires me to send in my broken unit to get a replacement, so this isn't some way to get a free HA :) Makes sense because they probably want to figure out exactly what happened and how bad it was etc...

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Ictus,

Good move as you've shown them a potential mechanical issue with future upgrades while the remedy is so simple to figure out!

:peace:

Egzoset,

VAPORIZER22

Well some good news to report.

Even better news is that after telling PlanetVape what happened, they felt bad and are shipping me a bran new HerbalAire unit! They are going to include a strong disclaimer with future GonG adapters as well as manufacture the new ones slightly smaller because of this, so I doubt if they will adopt a long term policy of replacing units for people, but it was still really surprising for them to offer this.

It does not surprise me at all, PlanetVape has some of the best customer service I have come across.

Top Bottom