• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued herbalAire

Hudsonrulez

just wondering if there are any herbal aire 2.1 owners in here? If so have you modded your set up. Or do you just use the factory pump and bags. Personally I'm patient enough to wait for the slow but more efficient vapor bags that I've made myself. Factory bags are kinda lousy. Anyways there seems to be a lot of extreme fans in here and I know there are a lot of happy herbie owners out there. I like the extreme but its nowhere near as durable or efficient (if use 2fan and up) portable as the herbal aire.

max

Out to lunch
I've had a herbalAire for 2+ years. I don't use bags much anymore, but I like it for company. Bags are best for people new to vapor. I'm satisfied with the pump and the slow fill, and love the efficiency. The bags that came with my unit were fine. Later, they went to a stiffer bag material and it leaked too easily at the connector. The company recently told me they were changing back to a thinner material like the Volcano/Toppits bags, which I use. I've been very happy with the herbie and wouldn't trade it for a Volcano.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I had own and herbalair2.1 in the past for long time but I sold it for an extreme , extreme is way better vaporizer ! blow bag way faster and = in efficience at = temp but herbalair go hotter than extreme so if you like to vap your herb till it totaly dark brown herbalair is more efficient

Clear_Dome,

Dr. Dope

when i first looked into getting a bag vape i debated on the herbal air and read great things. I got an extreme though.

Dr. Dope,

max

Out to lunch
Hennessy1414 said:
Dr. Dope said:
I got an extreme though.
good man :)
So he would have been a 'bad man' if he'd bought the Extreme? :huh:

Although I've heard some say they like the herbalAire with direct draw, most people, including me, think the Extreme is more enjoyable with that mode. The herbalAire has been on the market a lot longer and has proven its reliability. It has the edge in that dept. to this point.

Hudsonrulez

yea but thing about the extreme is that I have heard a lot of issues arising from it. power cords not working one of my co-workers bought one and the dam fan broke in one week. etc. its a nice unit but it seemed to flimsy for me to buy. I can always use it at the vapor lounge though.

Hudsonrulez,
Reactions: MG23

max

Out to lunch
Hudsonrulez said:
yea but thing about the extreme is that I have heard a lot of issues arising from it. power cords not working one of my co-workers bought one and the dam fan broke in one week. etc. its a nice unit but it seemed to flimsy for me to buy. I can always use it at the vapor lounge though.
I don't know if I'd call it flimsy, but there have been some issues with various components. That's why I said the herbalAire has the edge in reliability. The more features a product has the more there is to go wrong. Hopefully, Arizer can find quality sources for all the components of the Extreme.

max,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I'm new to vapourising and got my herbalaire about two weeks ago after looking around at various reviews and forums. So far I'm happy with its performance. Due to my sensitive throat I wanted a bag type vapouriser, so I also considered getting the Extreme. However there were reports of problems with it, inaccurate temperature readout, and to me it's a bit "over-featured". Also, the herbalaire was cheaper.

I would definitely say I am a herbalaire fan because I think it is a very clever design. I like the look of it, its small size, and the red lighting (why is everything blue these days?). Keeping the pump separate is a good idea, as it is easily replaceable. I didn't like the cheap plastic tubing that came with it which was also too short. I bought some longer silicone tubing and now I can leave the pump on the floor while the herbalaire sits on my desk. The bags seem ok and they are big enough for my purposes. Some kind of valve or stopper would have been a plus. A long mouthpiece extension was included with the kit, but I still find the direct inhale method too hot and irritating, and I didn't like its narrowness. I was thinking of getting a length of silicone tubing to fit over the large main mouthpiece to see if I can handle direct inhalation. The funny thing is that the main mouthpiece is shaped like it should accept a tube over it, but it's not mentioned anywhere.

The temperature control is good, and I've had fun dialling up different temperatures to get different fractions of the active chemicals. This has really changed my perspective on the potential of vapourising. The one thing that I really like about the herbalaire is the way I can just rip off some bud, throw it in, and bake it till its done. I don't need to grind it or prod it and stir it half way through. The exhausted bud just crumbles to dust between my fingers. I really get the sense that the vapouriser has thoroughly extracted everything useful from the bud.

The only thing that seems slightly awkward is shaking out the crucible. Also it would have been nice if a spare crucible was included in the kit, as they are very flimsy (and probably cost next to nothing to produce), and without it you can't operate the vapouriser. Otherwise I would need to buy a set of five and pay for international postage.

I'm also curious about the Purple Days (which looks like a great design), but I'm not sure if it would be too hot for my throat.

hazy,

anslinger

The HerbalAire is my weapon of choice.

I use the Extreme for bags/vapor bongs, but I have not been able to get worthwhile results using direct inhalation with it.

The HerbalAire however excels at direct inhalation. To those who say it's too hot, do you mean the air on the throat? Or the mouthpiece on the lips? I found that the mouthpiece extensions got hot on my lips, so I stopped using them. I just inhale from the main mouthpiece.

The other thing I look at is the minimum effective amount of herb needed to get satisfactory hits. With the HerbalAire, I can get good hits off of as little as .08G. With the Extreme, I need to put in at least .2G+. The Vapor Genie and Vapman require about .05G. Haven't tried the PD, but it looks like the leader in this category. I'm a little bit here and there every day all day vapist. Not a get blasted once a day type.

I'm not a HerbalAire shill, and I'm not knocking the Extreme by any means. What the Extreme does well, the HerbalAire isn't well suited to and vice versa.

anslinger,

max

Out to lunch
What the Extreme does well, the HerbalAire isn't well suited to and vice versa.
Perfect example of the subjectivity involved in reviewing/rating vapes. I've used both units for direct draw (V-Tower, not Extreme, but no different in the direct draw dept.), and my opinion is the opposite of yours. I find Arizer's setup more satisfying on direct draw. It's not as efficient, but it comes much closer to the typical whip design than the herbalAire. The 18 tiny holes in the herbie, which do so well for efficiency, restrict the airflow too much for my taste with direct draw. I have no problem with the heat, and have taken hits directly off the main mouthpiece. Adding the desired length of tubing to the mouthpiece extension helps cool the vapor, and some prefer that setup. The extension does restrict airflow though. Like you, a lot of people enjoy direct draw with the herbalAire, but the reviews are certainly mixed.

You're the first person I've heard of who has both units. Which did you buy first and why did you decide to own two such similar vapes?

The other thing I look at is the minimum effective amount of herb needed to get satisfactory hits. ... Haven't tried the PD, but it looks like the leader in this category.
No contest. For the best in efficiency, combined with satisfying hits, there is no competition IMO.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
anslinger said:

I use the Extreme for bags/vapor bongs, but I have not been able to get worthwhile results using direct inhalation with it.

The HerbalAire however excels at direct inhalation. To those who say it's too hot, do you mean the air on the throat? Or the mouthpiece on the lips? I found that the mouthpiece extensions got hot on my lips, so I stopped using them. I just inhale from the main mouthpiece.

The other thing I look at is the minimum effective amount of herb needed to get satisfactory hits. With the HerbalAire, I can get good hits off of as little as .08G. With the Extreme, I need to put in at least .2G+. The Vapor Genie and Vapman require about .05G. Haven't tried the PD, but it looks like the leader in this category. I'm a little bit here and there every day all day vapist. Not a get blasted once a day type.

I'm not a HerbalAire shill, and I'm not knocking the Extreme by any means. What the Extreme does well, the HerbalAire isn't well suited to and vice versa.
hum.... I own a Extreme and I had own a herbalair 2.1 for a year ......I think you doesnt use the extreme the right way ...both are eficient with .1 of herb and at = temp both work the same for direct inhalation and the extreme got a 10x better air flow , but dont get me wrong , the herbalair is nice vporizer ,but extreme is better imo....just my :2c:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
I forgot you went from herbie to E CD. Did you get the E because you wanted better direct draw, or did you just want digital?

max,

anslinger

Hey, y'all.

I bought the HerbalAire first. I got the Extreme for the fan assisted whip and bong hits. When I was a smoker, my preferred method was the bucket/aqualung/gravitybong. The Extreme is the closest I've found. I bet a heat gun would be as good/better, but seems a little more cumbersome.

As for airflow, I think that restricting it is (to a point) a good thing. I'm not interested in inhaling a lot of air, I do that when I'm not vaping. The Extreme may well provide a psychoactive effect using .1G, but it's not a very thick, satisfying vapor. "Lung gratification" is important to me. I'd try turning it up, but I've had combustion issues at 325. So I don't dare go above 315.

If I'm not using it correctly, I'd love to get to the bottom of it. But I've read all the threads on this forum (best vaporizer forum ever, by the way) and I can't figure what I might be doing wrong.

If I were to pick up another vaporizer, it would be a PD or an II.

Again, loving this forum.

anslinger,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
humm so it sound like your extreme is defective or ?! cause I blow bag each day at 350 (what is the max temp) leaving the bowl on it ligh for the day with bone dry herb without being near combustion .

Clear_Dome,

anslinger

Thank you. I'll e-mail Arizer and ask them about it. I don't know if it's defective, or if that's just the variability from unit to unit.

Sorry for the off-topic detour.

anslinger,

marcuss

above the clouds
anslinger said:
Thank you. I'll e-mail Arizer and ask them about it. I don't know if it's defective, or if that's just the variability from unit to unit.

Sorry for the off-topic detour.
welcome to this rocking forum and i'm sure you will reconsider the "E" if you've got a defective unit!
I found the direct draw from the "E" very satisfying and i do like that full lungs effect like you...IMO a water filter method like a glass bong will improve the cloud's dimension!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
anslinger...welcome to the forum and thanks for adding your thoughts.

I second the motion to email arizer. I've never heard of an Extreme causing combustion that wasn't determined to be defective. Mine never gets close to combustion, even at the highest setting for a prolonged time. They seemed to have designed this thing to be as variable in temp as possible without having combustion as a possibility. I'll bet you're not getting favorable vapor results because it has a temp/element problem. I have a sweet spot for playing with the temperature that goes form about 280C to 350C. I'll bet yours is much smaller then that and probably goes from getting nothing, to getting vapor to combusting in a much smaller temp window.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
As for airflow, I think that restricting it is (to a point) a good thing.
I'd agree with that. That's why I prefer the SSV and PD for direct draw. I sold my V-Tower because the vapor/air ratio was too low for my taste.

max,

anslinger

Thank you for the responses and the welcome.

I've also found that a glass bong improves the hit. I use ice instead of water. And I'm actually a big fan of the Extreme. But I'd use it a lot more if I could just load up .1G and get a couple of big hits, rather than upwards of a quarter gram. Even if that quarter gram gives many big hits. I don't need that much in one sitting and don't like returning to a partially vaporized bowl. It's just that IME, I need to put a lot of material in to get those hits in the first place.

I'll see what Arizer has to say.

Also, Max, I totally feel what your saying on the subjectivity in these matters.

Back on topic:

I've found for the HerbalAire, the best results come from "pulsing" your inhalations. Gently, harder, gently. Each of these up and down cycles takes just over a second, and I keep at it until my lungs are full. Kickass!

anslinger,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
anslinger said:
But I'd use it a lot more if I could just load up .1G and get a couple of big hits, rather than upwards of a quarter gram.
Sounds like your in need of a PD ;)

vaporcloud,

Auralis

anslinger said:

hazy said:
A long mouthpiece extension was included with the kit, but I still find the direct inhale method too hot and irritating, and I didn't like its narrowness. I was thinking of getting a length of silicone tubing to fit over the large main mouthpiece to see if I can handle direct inhalation. The funny thing is that the main mouthpiece is shaped like it should accept a tube over it, but it's not mentioned anywhere.
I had this problem often with my HerbalAire. The straws get too hot, even if I switch between the two. The company now sells 6" ones, but I think it's a waste of time. There's an even worse problem anyhow, which is that the vapor is so hot coming straight out of the heater that it dries my throat out quickly. You're absolutely right, the main mouthpiece is seemingly made to accept tubing. When you use a decent enough length of tubing, say a half meter or more, the vapor cools enough on the way to slow the dry mouth feeling, and the tubing stays cool.

I had a love/hate relationship with my HA, especially since they never quite mastered the bag fill operation. But once you make some new bags, get a higher capacity pump, and use silicone tubing, it becomes one of the best out there. A buddy of mine has Da Buddha and while it's a great vape, it has nothing on the efficiency of the HA in my experience. The little holes are the secret.

Like you can and should do with any whip vape, it's absolutely worth attaching a water bong, hookah, or any sort of water-filtering device to the HerbalAire. The difference is more than worth your time.

anslinger

Hey vaporcloud, I agree. If not for the I-Inhale the PD would be the hands-down choice for my next vape. As is, I have some thinking to do.

anslinger,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Auralis, I've got the 6" straw and you're right, it's a waste of time. I could feel the hot air burning the roof of my mouth. I also don't like the way the straws restrict the airflow even further. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking about adding some tubing, and I had guessed about half a metre should do it. I'm having trouble finding a suitable piece of silicone tubing as it is very expensive and difficult to obtain in small quantities (around here at least).

I wanted to avoid the complication of adding a water pipe but several people have recommended it so I might see what I can rig up. Otherwise I can just stay with the bags for now because for me they seem to work very well. It's just that it would have been nice to also have the option of a smooth direct inhale method.

hazy,

Auralis

Hazy -

I absolutely agree and do not give up on it. The difference is so monumental it made me wonder what the hell I had been doing for the previous 9 months I had owned the HA. If you are in Australia, as your details suggest, that likely means you don't have a Lowe's or Home Depot. But any sort of home improvement store should have food-grade tubing. It looks exactly like the stuff that the whips are made of on the SSV, VaporBrothers, etc.

Then, from there, it's off to a head shop for a bong or, my favorite, just grab a hookah and remove the bowl. Then run enough tubing from the HerbalAire to the top of the hookah - just jam it on there, it's plastic so it'll stretch and be airtight. Make sure you get a small hookah or a long tube, or put one on the table, one on the floor, whatever - just so the tubes fit.

Removing the straw also improves airflow to the point where you can take pretty normal hits without straining yourself. I don't know why they used such narrow straws - perhaps it actually allows for thicker hits because of the slower-moving air - but the HA compensates for higher airflow and in my experience the hits are just fine. Smooth as glass.

Top Bottom