Herb Grinders

Alexis

Damn.......you guys are making it hard for me to hold off on a Gr8tr 2.......

......waiting for a sale.....waiting for a sale..........come on July 4th haaaaa
Do it bro. I am getting so high and I've only had 2 Elev8r loads today, and one Omni load. Plus a small edible. But very minimal. Yesterday too I surprised myself. The strains/plants I have that struggled to produce decent vapor at times- well the Think Different load I just vaped as a starter- I vaped through it quick, not expecting to stop there (prob 0.3) for that session.

Tasted gorgeous in V8tr, (thanks to Gr8tr). But then what an effect, so high. Had a nice lie down, in that perfect blissful, comfy dreamy stoned state where you can go into a deep sleep, rest for a mo then snap round get busy again...or stay there semi conscious in wonderland.

Really nice anyway. I turned the Auber off. Not needed, I am definitely getting a much better more satisfying high from everything Im vaping so far with the Gr8tr. It has made my vapes hit me harder, and has saved me weed too over the last 2 days, but very tired atm so we'll see how that goes.

Have a good evening everyone, I hope many of you are as high as I am right now, love my Sativa.:):leaf:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hey, guys with the Gr8r, how about pics w a close up of the grind next to a quarter or dime for scale & also in the grinker. There can never be too many. :brow:

And there's no one who has pics of a the Lift grind no matter what the plate size? I'd love to see a coarse grind especially? And pics of the Aerospace Groove grind. Only found like 3 when googling. :\

Summer,
Reactions: asdf420

Alexis

Hey, guys with the Gr8r, how about pics w a close up of the grind next to a quarter or dime for scale & also in the grinker. There can never be too many. :brow:

And there's no one who has pics of a the Lift grind no matter what the plate size? I'd love to see a coarse grind especially? And pics of the Aerospace Groove grind. Only found like 3 when googling. :\
I need to do some schooling myself now on how best to upload pictures because I have not got my head around this imgur business rates this type of stuff boggles my philosophical mind silly and I kind of put it off and avoid it but as long as possible.

I am trying to find the threads or information somewhere which I recall seeing moderator links for in the past which explain the various ways to upload images onto this forum.
I registered on tinypic yesterday but for the life of me I can't see how to get my photos from there to here and the photos are coming out upside down and sideways on tinypic anyway.

I have an Instagram account maybe I can use that but I have a few personal photos on my Instagram accounts that I'm not sure how that works and if they would be visible and accessible to all should I use Instagram to post images here.

And I think I could even use in good to post image and maybe you guys who have fixed this issue on your devices would be able to see it?
Just all a bit confusing to me and I'm in no fit condition to be trying to work this out at the moment just too tired for it all.

But the Grind from the Gr8tr is fantastic. So soft and fluffy. I would say the finest grind I have ever had from a Grindr consistently as well. Also the bits which do not make it through the fine plate, which I brush out from the top of the plate- even these bits are as finally ground as any other Grinder I have used.

I am getting a much better effect from my vaporizers now. As if they are better vapes. I'm sure it is because the extraction is just much better and more immediate along with the terpenes etc.
It can still take a bit of time and fuddling to empty and brush out all the herb pieces each time if you are OCD like me, or dont want indica/sativa strains mixed.

But no big deal, not too messy and very comfortable. Even if there were additional factors I didnt like about it- it would be worth it for the extraction, effects and flavour I am now getting consistently from all of my herb, some of which previously was disappointing at times due to needing to be drier, or more finely ground.

I shall try to get you a picture soon @Summer but may take me a while. Essential tasks only atm.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I am trying to find the threads or information somewhere which I recall seeing moderator links for in the past which explain the various ways to upload images onto this forum.
I registered on tinypic yesterday but for the life of me I can't see how to get my photos from there to here and the photos are coming out upside down and sideways on tinypic anyway.

Read from post #54 down here on page 3 & read through the applicable posts on page 4.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what’s-up-with-imgur.29564/page-3#post-1273327

You can still use imgur but anyone not using the Chrome & Firefox browser add-on won't be able to see your pics unless they quote or reply to your post, then, the pic will be visible in the post reply box. But if you have the add-ons you will be able to see everyone's pics. My suggestion is if you do the add-on, then spend the time on the last couple of pages on the above thread learning how to muddle your way through tinypic. The step I think you are missing is that you have to click on that small pic you uploaded & can see for the pic to enlarge. Then, you right click on it & select "copy image" & then paste over here. When you paste over here, I can't recall if I pasted directly in the reply box or I used the image link on the format bar to paste the pic link in. The one thing I can't tell you is why your pic is posting sideways. Try uploading again & worse comes to worse, post the darn thing sideways. :lol: Happy muddling! -- more than you ever wanted to know. :doh:

Alexis

Read from post #54 down here on page 3 & read through the applicable posts on page 4.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what’s-up-with-imgur.29564/page-3#post-1273327

You can still use imgur but anyone not using the Chrome & Firefox browser add-on won't be able to see your pics unless they quote or reply to your post, then, the pic will be visible in the post reply box. But if you have the add-ons you will be able to see everyone's pics. My suggestion is if you do the add-on, then spend the time on the last couple of pages on the above thread learning how to muddle your way through tinypic. The step I think you are missing is that you have to click on that small pic you uploaded & can see for the pic to enlarge. Then, you right click on it & select "copy image" & then paste over here. When you paste over here, I can't recall if I pasted directly in the reply box or I used the image link on the format bar to paste the pic link in. The one thing I can't tell you is why your pic is posting sideways. Try uploading again & worse comes to worse, post the darn thing sideways. :lol: Happy muddling! -- more than you ever wanted to know. :doh:
Thanks so much Summer I really appreciate you sharing all that, we can always count on you ladies to be the most forefront and helpful with mightily generous and selfless advice.

There is a certain other, I wont tag her because I bet she has too many daily alerts as it is, but I'll give you a clue- she has been known to like the occasional Vapcap. ;)

Okay I will experiment with tinypic. I did actually try copying the image to my clipboard, from tinypic by simply clickinh on the image.
I went to the test thread but couldnt paste the image, which displayed as an image on my tablet clipboard. It was only a half-hearted attempt.

I also hope to locate the page here with specific instructions on how to post images (imgur bb code etc..) No idea where to find that now and the search is no help at all.

Thanks Summer have a nice day in NY.:tup:

Gigsabits53

I picked up a Kannastor GR8TR V2, solid body, matte black (ebay for the price). I can't think of anything not to like about this grinder so far.

I like my herb finely ground, lately however, I have been wanting something that takes a little less work than what I have been using. Which got me to take a closer look at the GR8TR.V2.

I have been using a 2 piece grinder that produces a most beautiful fine grind but is also more work than any other grinder I have which has become tiring over time to be completely honest. Once you have had an excellent fine grind though it is hard to accept anything lesser imo.

The GR8TR.V2 has a superior consistent fine grind from most grinders out there and it operates with ease and less work than other fine grinders.

I am going to use the GR8TR.V2 one month with no other grinders in the mix and see after 30 days, but so far I love this thing.

sk2s-gk7-blk-full_1.jpg

One sweet grinder indeed. :myday:

I bought this a few weeks ago and I love it! This is the easiest grinder on your hands that I have ever used. I cant believe how good the grind is with so little effort. Very happy with this purchase!

Alexis

@Summer thanks for your last reply and the link to the pic posting instructions, how did I know you would be able to direct me? I could use your services more often Im sure you could sort out a whole heap of problems for me. :nod:

Okay, currently I am not finding the whole imgur thing to be a problem. I am just holding my finger over the image icon in somebody's post when I cant see the image. I then select "view image", and I am taken to the image on imgur.

But then when I go back to the post, I can see the image displayed normally in the post.
I don't know if it is working like this but everybody else but I hope so because that isn't so bad really.

So no real attempt to "tackle" this yet was a tough weekend. But I will post 2 photos of the Gr8tr fine grind below in the hope that you can all see them in one way or another:

My tablet camera is not the best and doesn't do these type of shots Justice. The top photo was in the sunlight and the bottom one in the shade, auto Durban poison ready to go it's actually lot finer than it appears due to the poor camera.

I swear I am getting SO MUCH higher with every load. Extractioj is so quick now with the Elev8r and coil. I can extract a 0.1 to 0.2 bowl easily in 2 or 3 smooth draws.

Then vapor stops. I say myself, "Where did that go?":hmm: Each time I am convinced that I will need another load because they didn't seem to be much to that one.

Much more than I am used to there is a delay between taking the Vapour in and the effect coming on. It is much more like a comeup on a hallucinogen where one moment it seems like nothing is happening and suddenly you are fully immersed in an experience that is totally encompassing.

It has made cannabis more like a drug! :lol: It really buzzes me up, does things to my mind and puts me into a dreamy, blissful state.
I am yet to try the coarse plate, so it will be interesting to see how that changes the experience and extraction. So far- what a purchase!:rockon:

Edit- I just checked to make sure that I can do my own image by clicking to view image. I was able to but when I press the back button to return to this page I do not see the photo displayed in the post as I was yesterday with others posts so I don't know if this only works with somebody else's post?

Edit 2- after I edited this post just above, the images are now visible to me in the post.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I have a new SWII coming today and I have a question I never really considered. I am basically a believer in cleaning any new vapor related items before using them for concern about metal or glass (when glass is involved) splinters that might make their way into the air path. This is an uncoated grinder (other than anodizing) and I wonder if folks feel the same about cleaning new grinders. And, what would be a good way to do that with a new grinder? The most I usually do with a grinder is wipe it out with a brush, but I don't know if that is really enough for a new grinder. Whatta ya'all think?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So I have a new SWII coming today and I have a question I never really considered. I am basically a believer in cleaning any new vapor related items before using them for concern about metal or glass (when glass is involved) splinters that might make their way into the air path. This is an uncoated grinder (other than anodizing) and I wonder if folks feel the same about cleaning new grinders. And, what would be a good way to do that with a new grinder? The most I usually do with a grinder is wipe it out with a brush, but I don't know if that is really enough for a new grinder. Whatta ya'all think?
I give them a soak in hot soapy water. There could definitely be machinery oils left over. Worth the five minute bath, IMO.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, how bout that, instructions. :)

OK, while we are talking about this I recently noticed that the firm natural paint brush I have been using to clean out my grinder is starting to fall apart and leave hairs (that I can blow out, but still). I don't think natural bristles are very necessary for this, but does anyone have a brush available at Amazon or other easy source that they recommend? I like recommendations... (and I had this post here with all this free space...) ;)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Well, how bout that, instructions. :)

OK, while we are talking about this I recently noticed that the firm natural paint brush I have been using to clean out my grinder is starting to fall apart and leave hairs (that I can blow out, but still). I don't think natural bristles are very necessary for this, but does anyone have a brush available at Amazon or other easy source that they recommend? I like recommendations... (and I had this post here with all this free space...) ;)
My favorite firm brush is the Crafty/Mighty one hands down.
https://www.puffitup.com/Storz-Bickel-Cleaning-Brushes-p/vol.115_brushset.htm

Skunkport

Every couple of years I scrape dried resin out of my grinder with an old survival fishing harpoon head. Does that count as cleaning?

Skunkport,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Taz German

Prall durch's All!
The Ripper SS grinder has had a bit a redesign. Just got a mail from Kevin that they are up and running again and you can grab one of their website!
Just ordered my piece with all sifting screens.
Love to support little companies?
Maybe you check out their website.

Taz German

Prall durch's All!
This is the mail what I got from Kevin.

"First off, I want to thank you for your patience and support on our journey to create the most durable stainless-steel grinder on the market. If you have a few moments, I want to take you through a few things that have improved the grinder.

We kept the same great tooth design with cutting edges on top and sides. These teeth are rectangular in shape which allow them to be stouter and prevent from chipping. We are so confident about this design that we offer a lifetime warranty on all of our teeth. I went through great trouble to break these teeth and I failed miserably, that is a good thing.

We mimicked our threading design off of a “firehose.” Let me explain. Firefighters want to quickly connect their hoses in the field without any failure. We used that idea and transferred it to our grinders. The Ripper uses a “4 catch” design with quarter turn to make assembling/disassembling a breeze.

The Ripper has added a 2-piece grinder to our collection. This also allows you to purchase the bottom of the 2 piece and use it with any 3 or 4-piece grinder. Who doesn’t love versatility!

We have 3 different screen sizes for the 4-piece grinders: course, medium, and fine. All grinders will be shipped with the medium screen unless specified. I will put any screen you want in your grinder! All screens are replaceable and interchangeable.

We are excited to launch this grinder into the market and we love how much support we have received from you. Most grinder manufactures mark their grinders up 3-4 times the cost. We are not. We are charging just enough to cover our costs and make an honest living. We want to change the dynamics of this industry and we want you to be apart of it"

Hope that will help a bit.

Nice 2nd post, brother, what has changed with the Ripper s/s?

Cheers mate!

Didn't have a Tassie devil in my garden since 2 years. Love an miss that little buggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom