Herb Grinders

Just caved and ordered a GR8TR V2...

code smash420 took 20% off and free shipping is also eligible on purchase; $71 to my door :rockon:

I wanted to get in on this, but they don't ship to Canada.
I wrote and asked as well.

So i'm rather disappointed, and the reviews you folks are laying down are the only thing keeping this brand in sight for me.......and i need a grinder for my new Dynavap.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wanted to get in on this, but they don't ship to Canada.
Fuck em then. :tup:
and i need a grinder for my new Dynavap
Dynavap does not require an ultra fine grind, even chunks of nugget work well, I use a 4 piece space case which has a medium grind, finely ground material just clogs up the vapcap filter more and you end up with bits of material in your bong or mouth.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I dropped this in the ID thread, but it really should go here.
Got my gold SWII. It feels and looks good. It's pretty big, but I have gotten used to the lower profile of the SLX. I have only put a couple grams through it so far but it grinds nicely and I like the grind consistency so far. I like the magnet mounted screen. The friction ring is a little out of round so it sticks out one side a little. Well see if that gets annoying.
I get that the coin is for promoting kief but there is also a squarish thing that I'm not sure about. Is it meant to be a keif scraper? I'll include a pic.

So, the early review is positive, especially at the price I paid. I'll report back further in to using it.
m9y2pw.jpg

xsteve420

Loving my sw2 don't have any outta round screen or friction ring there is a little nub on it but it is hardly felt when in use.
I love the size its so much better then the small 1.5" I replaced
Three to four upside down turns and it's a good size for my air or vapcap

I don't use the black coin but it's nice to have come with the grinder

The silver thing is rounded to fit the kief catch area. I think it's much better than those cheap plastic scrapers that are good for like one use

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have an SLX too, and I think the grind from my SLX and my new SWII are similar...

cybrguy,

MyCollie

I like what I have been hearing about this one, or maybe the Lift with a fine grind plate, is the fine plate available for it and if so, is it really fine?

I received the Gr8tr V2 recently. It's well-machined and the grind is definitely fine. I do not own the Lift. However, I do own the SLX (I'm not sure which release or if there are more than one) and the Gr8tr's fine plate grinds significantly finer - the Gr8tr's fine plate holes are probably less than 1/2 the size of the SLX's holes.

The Gr8tr feels nice in the hand. I bought the version with the acrylic "window" section.

I didn't realize what a difference grind (fine/medium/coarse) could make until I tried this grinder.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
A good grinder is important. My first two just plain sucked, they only looked like grinders.

I bought an Estigoy, and totally loved it. When I lost it while moving I bought a space case, and it’s pretty much perfect for me. Ended up finding the lost one, gave it to my best friend.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Skunkport

Apart from colors only seems to be 3 choices, 'jar' screen chamber, solid screen chamber or no screen, in descending price order. Very little saving, $75 for no screen, $85 for solid, $89 for jar, so whichever suits you imo.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, it's kept working for more than 20 years of heavy use :p

msby40.jpg

Original Weed World grinder, I actually got it free off a copy of Weed World from a shop that was blown up in 1996.

This is stuff of my 2002 nightmares. No disrespect to you if you like it. I'm happy that you're happy.
We are all unique, but I'm now a weed-snob in an illegal state, and this image terrifies me.

O-G-Reg

I apologize as I know this has probably been asked before....

I’m looking for a finishing grinder or the likes for a very fine grind for my Haze Square. The MFLB finishing grinder looks good around 32 usd...

But id thought it would be worth an ask to see if anyone has found anything even cheaper that they like?

i have a couple standard 4 piece grinders. Im just looking for something small and finer!

Cheers

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The S&B orange plastic grinder has a fine grind, but I don`t like plastic grinders, it gums up quick and just feels nasty compared to something decent made from metal.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Hogni

Summer

Long Island, NY
I hear that the New Vape has a superior find grind & is loved by all who use it. There are others, but you got to read the thread. See if a 'fine grind' search of the thread will bring up results. And I've also read that the MFLB can produce too powdery a grind.

Last edited:

O-G-Reg

I hear that the New Vape has a superior find grind & is loved by all who use it. There are others, but you got to read the thread. See if a 'fine grind' search of the thread will bring up results.
Oh damn! Thanks! I didn’t realize i could text search within the thread!

VAPEHUNTER

I apologize as I know this has probably been asked before....

I’m looking for a finishing grinder or the likes for a very fine grind for my Haze Square. The MFLB finishing grinder looks good around 32 usd...

But id thought it would be worth an ask to see if anyone has found anything even cheaper that they like?

i have a couple standard 4 piece grinders. Im just looking for something small and finer!

Cheers

I hear that the New Vape has a superior find grind & is loved by all who use it. There are others, but you got to read the thread. See if a 'fine grind' search of the thread will bring up results.

Ive never used the S&B or the MFLB fine grinders so cant really compare but I love my New Vape fine grinder.

The price is a bit steep but with normal use you’ll probably be able to pass it on the your grandchildren.

If you get lucky you may even be able to find one in the classifieds.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-fine-grinder-3.30487/

LabPong

The S&B orange plastic grinder has a fine grind, but I don`t like plastic grinders, it gums up quick and just feels nasty compared to something decent made from metal.

This is my fine grinder right now. It works very well with any moisture as well and that is a plus for me. Then I do not have to sticky up my good metal grinder when things are too moist.

Because it is plastic, you need to get as much stem out of the buddies as possible. You can easily feel them on the first instance of turning back and forth slightly. If your buddies are fairly dry....pretty easy to separate the stems out quickly anyway.

The other awesome thing for me about the S&B mill is the shape of it. It is easy to grab and use compared to all the pretty much straight sided metal ones...even if they have some sort of textured sections. I would love to find a metal version of the S&B small herb mill that also has the same outside shape type....wider top and bottom than middle area.

O-G-Reg

Ahh I’ve got a S&B grinder in box that probably would have stayed there for eternity since its plastic....
Going to give it a try now!

I’m assuming the best bet is to load it with already grinded herbs. I figure since its plastic, that might be a bit easier on it and significantly reduce any plastic contamination.
Maybe i’ll scrub it good with warm water and a brush.

LabPong

Ahh I’ve got a S&B grinder in box that probably would have stayed there for eternity since its plastic....
Going to give it a try now!

I’m assuming the best bet is to load it with already grinded herbs. I figure since its plastic, that might be a bit easier on it and significantly reduce any plastic contamination.
Maybe i’ll scrub it good with warm water and a brush.

Yea..just clean it up with some dish soap and water. You do not need to pre-grind...I just break up about .15 to .25 buddies up into like 2-4 pieces and spread them evenly in the grinder.

You will be very surprised at how quickly it will fine grind it up...very fast and if your buddies are dryer...it will only take a couple quick 1/8 turns or so. So put various moisture/types/sizes of buddies in there and look how fast it makes fine/fluffy grind.

Top Bottom