Herb Grinders

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I usually pre grind in my 3.5" 4 piece titanium space case for normal use (It will chop through anything with ease) and if I want some finer stuff (rarely happens with my collection of vapes) I grab it out of the big fellows storage compartment, the S&B orange grinder cannot even start to be compared to the space case, it is a toy compared but still useful, at times
I would buy a NewVape tomorrow if they had a 4 piece, they really do make nice stuff. :tup:

LesPlenty,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I apologize as I know this has probably been asked before....

I’m looking for a finishing grinder or the likes for a very fine grind for my Haze Square. The MFLB finishing grinder looks good around 32 usd...

But id thought it would be worth an ask to see if anyone has found anything even cheaper that they like?

i have a couple standard 4 piece grinders. Im just looking for something small and finer!

Cheers

Have you looked into the KannaStor range of grinders? Their fine grind is amongst the best and imo it will be a better buy in the long run than the MFLB finishing grinder.
I have the MFLBFG and it is great on bone dry buds only! Anything sticky just gums it up instantly.
If you only have very dry herb, then go for it otherwise I would look elsewhere.

Kanastor GR8TR for very fine grind
Space Case for fine grind
New Vape Fine Grinder for a med/fine grind or fine depending on how long you twist for
MFLBFG for very dry bud only

Sorry about the "cheap" thing, I seemed to have missed that...LOL!

LabPong

Space Case for fine grind

Which one(s)? After looking a pics of each...there are differences in the teeth pattern on them. I liked the spacing of the teeth on the 2 piece medium, guessing it may be the same as the 4 piece?

I got a medium 2 piece but returned it so I can exchange for a small Ti 2 piece instead. The medium one I ordered was a non Ti....I did not like the finish in the teeth areas and would rather have one slightly smaller than the medium size. I hope the teeth spacing and pattern work well on the small one...I know it is different. Just hope it does not allow some bits to bet pressed in the outside parts and not get grinded up like some do....like the Tree's one from PIU or some cheaper plastic ones that have too much of a gap.

Last edited:
LabPong,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Which one(s)? After looking a pics of each...there are differences in the teeth pattern on them. I liked the spacing of the teeth on the 2 piece medium, guessing it may be the same as the 4 piece?

I got a medium 2 piece but returned it so I can exchange for a small Ti 2 piece instead. The medium one I ordered was a non Ti....I did not like the finish in the teeth areas and would rather have one slightly smaller than the medium size. I hope the teeth spacing and pattern work well on the small one...I know it is different. Just hope it does not allow some bits to bet pressed in the outside parts and not get grinded up like some do....like the Tree's one from PIU or some cheaper plastic ones that have too much of a gap.

The one I used was a long time ago and it produced a nice fine grind as far as I can remember.
Have to grind upside down for a bit though...

I am testing a grinder at the moment and it is designed to specifically avoid this issue.
It approaches it with a very unique design that is bound to turn heads!!
Three different teeth designs in one grinder.
Should be allowed to post more in a week or so...

passenger

is this thing on?
I hear that the New Vape has a superior find grind & is loved by all who use it. There are others, but you got to read the thread. See if a 'fine grind' search of the thread will bring up results. And I've also read that the MFLB can produce too powdery a grind.

When I suggested the MFLB finishing grinder I didn't take into account the Vaporizer it should be used with... You have a good point with the powdery grind. It's not suited for all Vaporizers, but for example it's absolut perfect for the Vapman and IMO a stellar expirience with it. I don't know any other grinder that comes close to this powdery dust that it produces.

I'm going to look up the New Vape fine grinder again, I'm always hearing good things about it. Without having used it, shouldn't a 2-piece SCS achieve quite similar results depending on how long you grind? Would like to know...

Skunkport

New grinder just popped up on Reddit, fully stainless steel 3 or 4 piece, haven't heard of it before.
$130 4-piece, $80 3-piece.
Not much detail given but I see a replaceable screen held in by a circlip, short threading and some weird interlocking design for the actual grinder compartment.
Also can come with a quite cool stash box, $20 on it's own or $10 with the grinders, walnut or cherry cube with a swivel top like a dugout and a stainless steel insert inside.

https://iasogoods.com/iaso-merch/

tFzqY2HRYq19RFAVep2aTKz3XvOlkFoOauDUk_9xRYQ.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
Of course they'll see it LP, when they see the link in this thread. Going forward, I like the idea of dedicated grinder threads with a reference link posted here. This way I can choose to follow that particular grinder or not. I find the posts in this thread both cluttered & repetitive being that the thread is entwined with back & forth posts of the same grinders, over & over again.

Last edited:

szai

A step back in time? Wonder how the teeth will stand up over time.
Looks like a great Sticky Brick grinder!

I wonder the same thing but the teeth are fascinating right? I messaged them about getting one. I've never triedv doing this before but you inspired me with the diamond teeth grinders hehe.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My dad has this old ass wooden grinder with wooden teeth, it works great as long as the buds aren't wet. It does gum up fast no matter what but it's a legit grinder. He doesn't use it but it sticks around

Last edited:
KidFated.,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Likes2vape

I picked up the SWII a few weeks ago as an impulse buy and got a Kannastor Gr8tr V2 a couple weeks later. I love the SWII. It is super easy to turn, I love the quarter turn threads, and the grind works great with the Flowerpot.

The kannastor I’m not loving so much. I have never had so much weed get stuck in a grinder like I do with the Kannastor. I have to constantly brush it out and clean the teeth on both medium and fine plates. It drives me nuts. I have tried different weed through it, let the weed dry out overnight, etc but it just seems like the Gr8tr wants to steal my weed from me. I get at least half a Flowerpot bowl worth of weed stuck to the to teeth. Does anyone else notice this?

Gigsabits53

I picked up the SWII a few weeks ago as an impulse buy and got a Kannastor Gr8tr V2 a couple weeks later. I love the SWII. It is super easy to turn, I love the quarter turn threads, and the grind works great with the Flowerpot.

The kannastor I’m not loving so much. I have never had so much weed get stuck in a grinder like I do with the Kannastor. I have to constantly brush it out and clean the teeth on both medium and fine plates. It drives me nuts. I have tried different weed through it, let the weed dry out overnight, etc but it just seems like the Gr8tr wants to steal my weed from me. I get at least half a Flowerpot bowl worth of weed stuck to the to teeth. Does anyone else notice this?

I have both of those grinders and its true the Gr8tr plates hold on to some weed, but it really doesnt bother me. In fact, its a nice surprise to see I have more in the top to use later. Just a quick brush and its good to go.I love the grind from both grinders. I also like the Gr8tr for its modularity, you can turn into just about anything.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: Jill NYC

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Yes. I picked up the gr8tr v2 at a 4/20 sale and I want to like it, but I just don't. The main reason is just what you said - I have to brush it out every use. I have 4 mainstream grinders and it's the only one that holds material in the top section. I like my SWII, but the medium SCS 3 piece is still my daily goto.

bizwaxzion,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. If you don't want spend the 10 seconds it takes to brush it out then it's probably not the grinder for you. I love the consistency I get from my GR8TR which more than pays off for a little bit of clean up needed IMO. Every other grinder I've seen or tried has a chunky inconsistent grind which vapes unevenly.

If you don't want to brush it out you can get 80% of what is in the holes to drop down with a firm smack on a hard surface or your palm.

Likes2vape

I’m honestly really surprised by this. I know @Alexis hated the NV grinder because it was two piece and needed to brushed but said they loved The Gr8tr V2.

Likes2vape,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom