Herb Grinders

Whissmu

after of my kannastor came my chewy and since then I have stopped having interest or curiosity for other grinders :zzz:!
but I can not find the perfect grinder to carry in your pocket or travel:hmm:!
I have tried different options of light weight or size but none of them feels solid :bang:
I would like you to invent a 2-piece mini-kannastor or maybe a mini-vapefine...:evil:
image.jpg

little maggie

Thanks for the video, now is there any non advert, real world (POT) videos showing grind consistency? It really does look too good to be true.
I wonder if anyone has tried dedicating a coffee grinder to grinding herbs? It won't work for me but my coffee grinder has various settings from fine to coarse. It would be good for someone with physical problems who has space and doesn't mind a plugin. It's much cheaper than the Otto and some other expensive grinders. Mine is a cuisinart burr grinder that's less than $50.

little maggie,

lazylathe

Almost there...

Alexis

I wonder if anyone has tried dedicating a coffee grinder to grinding herbs? It won't work for me but my coffee grinder has various settings from fine to coarse. It would be good for someone with physical problems who has space and doesn't mind a plugin. It's much cheaper than the Otto and some other expensive grinders. Mine is a cuisinart burr grinder that's less than $50.
One big argument against using a coffee grinder would be the heat as it generates. Any passionate chef will know that grinding spices in a pestle and mortar will result in a much better flavoured this because the heat generated by the friction of an electric grinder is degrading to the spices aroma and flavour.

However I have known people to use a coffee grinder before and it certainly is very effective although I think it can be a bit wasteful too when it comes to getting all of the herb out of the coffee grinder easily.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Alexis ,regarding herbs you are right. Regarding spices not really. Heating process increases flavour and taste of a lot of spices just before use. Ask indians ;)

Hogni,
Reactions: Alexis
Coffee grinders are about the worse thing to use as a grinder. Unless you like it super fine, it will be inconsistent. Also, and this is my biggest beef, anything that spins that fast is beating trichs off at record speed.

A slow grinder is what I want.

The Chewy2 is about the best idea but it's way too small for me.

I am starting to see the standard "teeth" grinder being made auto-powered in some of the grinders I posted above.

However, after reading the Atman boasts a speed of like 50 RPM's. Can you imagine a SantaCruz shredder moving at 50 to 80 RPMs????? Doesn't sound like anything I want.

A slow grind is what I want. Coffee grinders are designed for hard shell products like coffee beans, not a soft herb like pot.

Alexis

I love my Gr8TR with the fine plate!
It is by far the most consistent fine grinder I have used.
I am still using the original version and see no need to upgrade, although the itch is there...
Hiya bro hope you had a good week on all fronts and are still in the running for the final interview rounds.

Lazy guess what? I'm buying one of these grinders! I really can't wait I just don't like using the Newvape fine grinder anymore for daily use, it's such hard work to grind up a simple bit of herb and empty it all out to get it where I want it all bits brushed out of the grinder and scrapes off the surface it spreads out onto each time.

Everyonedoesit has a deal on where for every goal England score in a match they will give you a 5% discount until the next match. Last weekend they have a 25% Father's Day discount on and it wasn't until Monday morning that I realised I needed to buy this grinder asap.:doh:

But England are currently 3-0 up after 36 minutes so it's looking good for a 20% discount which is the maximum they will give.
So I reckon I will order my Gr8tr tomorrow for sure. I have been a bit unsure about the exact differences between the two models of the version 2.. I like the smaller form Factor of this one:
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/kannastor-gr8tr-v2-grinder?variant=12107561107525

This one is only £5 more and comes with the screens.
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/kannastor-gr8tr-v2-grinder?variant=12107561009221
I don't actually need or want the screens because I'm not into collecting kief separately I don't see the point myself when I would rather enjoying the full potency of my herb each and every load. But for only £5 extra I think I should get the screens in case I abandoned flower for rosin in at some point and no longer need the grinder.

Im assuming that the £65 model can be reduced to the identical format as the £60 one without the screens. I have been told this is the case but if you know otherwise please could you let me know by tomorrow and big TIA have a real nice weekend bro.

Ask indians ;)
It was actually from dedicated traditional authentic Indian cooks that I acquired this concept as they so passionately refused to ever grind their spices electrically and swore blind that it has a noticeable effect on the outcome of the dish vs the pestle and mortar.:)

England 4-0 up! Gr8tr V2 here we come!:rockon:

Edit- England 5-0 up! Ok guys we can stop scoring now we have reached maximum discounts thank you!

Last edited:

Skunkport

Gnerally the issue with 2 piece grinders is getting the herb out and into your vape from between the teeth - it won't pour too well as the teeth disrupt the flow and can spill it, and you can't scoop it up because the teeth are in the way.

3+ piece grinders, your herb is in a compartment with a flat bottom, easily scooped out or poured.

The problem with 3+ piece grinders is getting it fine enough imo, since you need decent sized holes to let the weed fall through but you don't want big pieces. With 2 piece you can just keep turning until it's how you want it.

Edit:- Where is that deal btw? All I can see on there is a free Sx4 grinder with purchses over £75.

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Jill....what is your issue with a 2 piece? Just wondering if it is just the size?

I also dislike 2 piece grinders. Dumping the herb onto another surface gets messy. I'd rather grind up enough for a few sessions and have it ready to go in the grinder. 3 piece is definitely my go to.

I have a large SCS and have enjoyed it. I've considered getting a Gr8ter (horrible name), but the diameter of the grinder worries me.

I like the size of my large SCS, 2.75" diameter. However, I also have lots of use with a medium SCS, 2.125" diameter, and I just don't like the smaller size. I don't like the smaller space between the teeth where I put the bud to be ground. Something about the large size just feels right in my hands.

I see the Gr8ter is 2.2" so basically like a medium SCS size wise, and that's been my major hesitation picking it up.

Who knows, I might pick one up on a whim when the next sale rolls around.
Wish they offered a larger version though.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Jill....what is your issue with a 2 piece? Just wondering if it is just the size?

Gnerally the issue with 2 piece grinders is getting the herb out and into your vape from between the teeth - it won't pour too well as the teeth disrupt the flow and can spill it, and you can't scoop it up because the teeth are in the way.

Skunkport said it accurately. I end up having to spill it out on a piece of paper (or straight on table if I am lazy) which just causes a mess and waste for me. I want it to be easy to scoop up.

With that said, does anyone have any other 3+ pc fine grinders to recommend or is gr8tr my only decent option?

Skunkport

Actually...I think I got the answer to a fine grind from any decent 3+ grinder but I'm fairly wrecked right now so maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it really is this simple.

2 piece works better because you can keep turning until it's how you want it right?

So...if you turn a 3 piece grinder upside down, you can keep turning it until the consistency is right, then turn it the other way and let it fall into the compartment.

Inspiration or craziness?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hiya bro hope you had a good week on all fronts and are still in the running for the final interview rounds.

Lazy guess what? I'm buying one of these grinders! I really can't wait I just don't like using the Newvape fine grinder anymore for daily use, it's such hard work to grind up a simple bit of herb and empty it all out to get it where I want it all bits brushed out of the grinder and scrapes off the surface it spreads out onto each time.

Everyonedoesit has a deal on where for every goal England score in a match they will give you a 5% discount until the next match. Last weekend they have a 25% Father's Day discount on and it wasn't until Monday morning that I realised I needed to buy this grinder asap.:doh:

But England are currently 3-0 up after 36 minutes so it's looking good for a 20% discount which is the maximum they will give.
So I reckon I will order my Gr8tr tomorrow for sure. I have been a bit unsure about the exact differences between the two models of the version 2.. I like the smaller form Factor of this one:
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/kannastor-gr8tr-v2-grinder?variant=12107561107525

This one is only £5 more and comes with the screens. I don't actually need or want the screens because I'm not into collecting kief separately I don't see the point myself when I would rather enjoying the full potency of my herb each and every load. But for only £5 extra I think I should get the screens in case I abandoned flower for rosin in at some point and no longer need the grinder.

Im assuming that the £65 model can be reduced to the identical format as the £60 one without the screens. I have been told this is the case but if you know otherwise please could you let me know by tomorrow and big TIA have a real nice weekend bro.

It was actually from dedicated traditional authentic Indian cooks that I acquired this concept as they so passionately refused to ever grind their spices electrically and swore blind that it has a noticeable effect on the outcome of the dish vs the pestle and mortar.:)

England 4-0 up! Gr8tr V2 here we come!:rockon:

Edit- England 5-0 up! Ok guys we can stop scoring now we have reached maximum discounts thank you!

Hey Bro! All still looking good! Just slower than a dead snail...

That is awesome to hear bro!!
I do love the grind my NV fine grinder gives but getting it out neatly without a big mess is impossible.
If they had to make a 3 piece I would be first in line to buy it! For now it just looks really pretty!

I have the 3 piece so no screens as I do not collect kief. I vape it all!!
I am pretty sure you can rearrange the sections, either leaving the screen out or in without concern.

I see they also still have the OG available! Only 50 quid!
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/gr8tr-vape-grinder

Alexis

Guys and girls your thoughts and feelings mirror my own on this. I have severe chronic fatigue syndrome and all sorts of difficulties using my hands and arms muscularly and energy wise.

As well as concentration difficulties so I really need grinding my weed to be an easy task if you get me. Don't get me wrong it's not all bad, but when my fatigue levels are high from lacking sleep simple tasks are mountains.

The NVFG is very good, but SO heavy for weak me! And like you all, I need a surface. I use a Beano book, with a card on top. I tip into the card and so much spills around the edges, that's why I use the Beano book and I scrape it all up onto the card afterwards because I hate wasting herb every time.

But actually getting all of the herb out of the grinder each time is the real difficult bi t with a little brush because it's almost impossible not to fling it everywhere as it comes out in Kief type consistency.

All in all it is an arduous physical and mental process for me in every way and I literally fear needing to grind more weed would you believe it?!!

So I am so excited that I have finally realised all I need to do is get a different style of Grinder which comes very highly rated and should make this task an eyes closed breeze and a pleasure for me.

The act of grinding and preparing the herb for consumption should be a sacred and enjoyable process which contributes to the outcome of the experience. In this sense I am really looking forward to improving my relationship with the sacred plant (just as soon as everyone does it ship my order after they send me the discount codes tomorrow morning Lol!)

Looking forward!:rockon::leaf:

Edit- thanks @lazylathe always very helpful to have your thoughts as a sounding board. Yes I saw the original version but the attraction with version 2 is that it comes with both plates as far as I'm aware.
And I'm only thinking of the model with screens from a potential pass on point of view that was all really. Cant wait to order tomorrow.

Last edited:

LabPong

The act of grinding and preparing the herb for consumption should be a sacred and enjoyable process which contributes to the outcome of the experience.

Yes....same here and I can now understand why some of you do not want to use a 2 piece now. For me the act of taking a big bud and getting it in vape ready...is a important part of it all for me. I still have decent motor skills and the right tools to deal with the tedious process of grinding..moving it around..and such many may have to deal with.

So to think about a grinder that would suit your needs for ease of use and be able to move from grinder to vape easily without additional steps....seems like a hard choice to figure out. Grind ability is one thing...then you need to have that grinder allow you to physically use is another.

I too have been eying one of those Gr8tr's...mainly for grind ability/performance. It is just hard for me to justify the cost when I like my SLX and S&B herb mill so much.

I have not used one that works better for my fine grinding then the cheap orange S&B herb mills. Though I do take out my stems prior to using it....if you do miss one it is easy to tell as you start grinding and you can stop and get it out. Also I like using this one when the flower is on the moist side and will still cut it and fluff it up... and not make a mess. It is truly a versatile grinder if you use it a certain way.

little maggie

I wonder if the comments about a coffee grinder are about the blade ones that have a button you have to hold. Mine has a container that the grinds drop into so simple to get them out, the grind is always even and the texture fits whatever setting I picked. And I'm not sure 3 seconds of heat would harm the herb. I'm thinking of trying mine tonight with herb. Worst case is my coffee will have a bit of herb in it. It seems like it would be great for arthritis. It's not a sacred experience if turning the vape causes pain.

As for my grinders: the SLX and Santa Cruz have become harder to turn for some reason. I prefer a wider grinder than a narrow deep one which is why I'm using the SW2 instead of the gr8tr. I adjust the texture by holding it upside down until it is somewhat finer. Still thinking of buying the wood gr8tr.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was for years a Space Case fanatic.
Then I spent 6 years using the same (I still use it) Santa Cruz Shredder... I love it.
In rough times the Chewy 2 makes grinding a breeze, with the touch of a button.
I prefer a wider grinder
The NewVape Fine Grinder with Armband, is the easiest 2 piece to grip I have ever used.
The width is impressive and the rubberized material of the bands around upper and lower half, make gripping and turning a breeze, even with my serious grip issues.
Grinders are so individual, and our needs are diverse.
I feel fortunate to have tried out more grinders than most people.
Aside from my collection of 12 Space Cases, and the preferred grinders I listed above,
I passed this collection on in exchange for meds for some of my patients (actually quite a few of them).
11bq34j.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Congrats on the discount (and the game) but could you please not post scores in your posts, or if you must could a brother get a spoiler alert?
brazil-fans-1-600x450.jpg

I'm on the west coast of the US and therefore I DVR the games to watch later, so please have pity on me.

Thanks. ;)

:peace:

little maggie

I was for years a Space Case fanatic.
Then I spent 6 years using the same (I still use it) Santa Cruz Shredder... I love it.
In rough times the Chewy 2 makes grinding a breeze, with the touch of a button.

The NewVape Fine Grinder with Armband, is the easiest 2 piece to grip I have ever used.
The width is impressive and the rubberized material of the bands around upper and lower half, make gripping and turning a breeze, even with my serious grip issues.
Grinders are so individual, and our needs are diverse.
I feel fortunate to have tried out more grinders than most people.
Aside from my collection of 12 Space Cases, and the preferred grinders I listed above,
I passed this collection on in exchange for meds for some of my patients (actually quite a few of them).
11bq34j.jpg
Space case is one I haven't tried. It sounds like it's easy to turn. I looked at Amazon but too many people report getting fakes. I'm not sure about the new vape because it is 2 piece. I like to leave the grinds in the grinder.

ginolicious

Space case is one I haven't tried. It sounds like it's easy to turn. I looked at Amazon but too many people report getting fakes. I'm not sure about the new vape because it is 2 piece. I like to leave the grinds in the grinder.

Just like you. Like to leave weed in the grinder. Been doing it for years. If you pay over $60 it’s not a fake.

ginolicious,

Skunkport

Personally, I think y'all paying too much money for grinders.

Acrylic grinders get a bad rep because most of them are cheap chinese knockoffs, but the S&B one gets great reviews. It's not acrylic that's the problem, it's cheap tatty crap that's the problem!

I've had the same acrylic grinder for about 22 years (probably more, but I know the shop I got it from was blown up by the IRA IN 1996) and I'm still using it.
I paid...I think it was about £2 for the issue of Weedworld that had it attached for free. This was before they were common and people were amazed when I pulled it out, especially when I used it to grind up resin.
I've bought several cheap versions since that don't work nearly as well and haven't lasted, in the end I just clean it up and go back to my good old reliable weedworld free grinder.

They're still available to buy and still look exactly the same as the one I still have.

https://www.weedworld.co.uk/herbal-blends-grinders/grinders/weed-world-grinder-plastic.html

My trusty Old Companion (not on cash to look fly, I just don't have any other paper to use as a funnel handy)

Re5l9DL.jpg

Top Bottom