Herb Grinders

Alexis

Congrats on the discount (and the game) but could you please not post scores in your posts, or if you must could a brother get a spoiler alert?
brazil-fans-1-600x450.jpg

I'm on the west coast of the US and therefore I DVR the games to watch later, so please have pity on me.

Thanks. ;)

:peace:
:lol: Of course Stu Im so sorry I didn't even consider that! And I have always made my mum turn the news channel over while I cover my ears and hum so I can enjoy "Match of the day" (do you know this programme in England on Saturday nights showing all the highlights of the Premier League "Soccer";) )?

I dont actually care ultimately, but like you I prefer to not know the result first. Please excuse my lack of consideration and I can assure you that my gambling gloves are now in retirement again. Got my max discount hooray!

I bid you all a very good start to the new week.:)

Skunkport

The SX4 grinder I just got free from Everyone Does It is a worthless piece of trash.

You'd do better just crumbling the weed in your fingers, lose less stuck into the poorly machined and uneven surface of the aluminium and not be disgusted that the two halves don't even fit together evenly.
I'm totally not surprised they have to give it away free to get rid of it. I'm tempted to pay the postage to send it back, not for any kind of refund just with a note saying please destroy.

On a much brighter note, the steel Grizzly Grinder Card that was thrown in works shockingly well. It's definitely not for those who complain about 2 piece, 1 piece is a lot messier to use lol, but it's the size of a credit card and gave a good fine grind. Great emergency grinder, stick it in your wallet.

Edit:- I was that disgusted with the free grinder, I actually emailed them to complain.

Dear EDIT,

I've been excited to receive my Arizer Extreme Q and now it's here, yippee! My happiness turned to disgust though, when I decided to try out the free SX4 grinder.

How could you? EDIT, I know it's been a while, I even had to make a new account, but we used to be friends. I still have about 30 of those wristbands you sent me.

I'm tempted to return the entire package and buy it somewhere with a higher price, that doesn't include that grinder. It's THAT bad. I am actually insulted that you gave me it for free, if I'd paid for it I would have sued you for mental anguish and tried to have you charged with murder.

Seriously, how much is cost on those? 25p? You were ripped off. The crap in my local discount store for 1.99 is far better quality.

The two halves don't fit together evenly. The inside is unevenly machined and out of true (how do you even manage that?! Does the manufacturer have a small child whacking his CNC machine with a hammer while it works?) and hasn't been polished. The teeth are terrible - large fragments got stuck between them and weren't ground at all, the rest was horribly coarse and barely good enough to put in a joint. I'm scared that it's just going to break into bits and drop aluminium fragments into my smoking materiel.

Just throw them away. Please. I'm going to take mine to Mordor and chuck it after the ring, I'm pretty short and I have a friend with hairy toes, we can handle this one, you take care of the rest before someone gets hurt.

Darren.

P.S. The steel Grizzly Grinder Card partially redeems you. That actually grinds fine enough for my vaporizers, I'm impressed. Chuck the SX4 giveaway and point out the cool giveaway instead.

I got an apology and a £10 gift voucher back off them, plus they said they'd look at the grinders. :lol:

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I have an SLX 2.0 and I love it. It’s my first grinder so I have no comparison, but after seeing all the chatter about cleaning their grinders I’m glad I have the SLX.

Funny story, I went to the shop looking to buy a Firefly 2. They had one, but for $350.00. I tried to get them to lower their price by $50.00, but they refused to do it. I asked them about grinders. I told them I want a 4 piece, but I didn’t want to spend more than $20.00. I didn’t expect a reply. They handed me the SLX. It had a $65.00 price tag on it. I reminded them that I didn’t want to spend more than $20.00 on a grinder. They sold it to me for $20.00. I guess they don’t fly off the shelves. The funniest part in all this is if they took $45.00 off the Firefly instead of the grinder I would have bought that. The Firefly 2 with tax would be around $325.00. For that same money.

SLX 2.0 - $20.00
Firefly 2 (used) - $125.00
Ghost MV1 with spare battery, spare fast charger, extra crucible set (used) - $150.00
S & B Crafty (used) - $30.00 credit towards the $120.00 price.

That little grinder is my lucky piece of gear! Basically I got it, my Ghost, and 25% off my used Crafty for free.

LabPong

Ramahs....I also use the SLX 2.0. Wondering how you would compare the grind of it with the SW2 and Gr8tr...I am interested in the Gr8tr2, but not sure it grinds the same as version 1?

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Ramahs....I also use the SLX 2.0. Wondering how you would compare the grind of it with the SW2 and Gr8tr...I am interested in the Gr8tr2, but not sure it grinds the same as version 1?
I’m just curious why you’re thinking of changing. I’m really happy with mine, but again I know absolutely nothing about other grinders out there. Do you have a reason to think you’ll be better off with a different grinder? Is it just that you need a finder grind for something?

acstorfer,

almost there

Just a comment about the SLX2. I know it's supposedly designed to prevent dust and clogging but mine collects as much as any of my other grinders. It needs to be cleaned just as much.
U must be rocking some real gooey goodness, I’ve had mine for 4 months and it has never seen a bush. It’s an amazing machine, yet.......

almost there,

passenger

is this thing on?
I am using an SCS medium 3-piece since half a year now, and have not regretted buying it. It improved my vaping expirience a lot. It works really well with the Dynavap vaporizer line.

asdf420

Full nugget chunks do to, so saying a grinder is good for a Dynavap is a bit moot :tup:. Do you have any vapes that require a finer grind?
weird, i'm getting much better results with a finer grind, using my 2017 M. I guess just using little pieces of nug is good for microdosing, but you end up loading much less than by grinding and tamping it down a bit

Last edited:
asdf420,

LabPong

I’m just curious why you’re thinking of changing. I’m really happy with mine, but again I know absolutely nothing about other grinders out there. Do you have a reason to think you’ll be better off with a different grinder? Is it just that you need a finder grind for something?

Yes, basically only for getting a finer grind.

Just a comment about the SLX2. I know it's supposedly designed to prevent dust and clogging but mine collects as much as any of my other grinders. It needs to be cleaned just as much.

You must have either some sticki icki stuff.....or it is too moist for stick free grinding. I have had some stuff that was pretty sticky and thick.....but it did not at all leave as much on the grinders surfaces like other grinders of metal or plastic.

But yea....it is not 100% stick free....but so much better than other grinders for sure. I also find brushing the kief off the teeth parts and such to be much easier than other metal grinders as well.

little maggie

Ordered a space case a couple of days ago before someone posted one way to tell fakes. I found online ways to tell the difference. Mine is going back- definitely a fake. I probably would keep it if I had no other grinders although I haven't tried it. So going to buy the wood grinder.

little maggie,
Reactions: Jill NYC

LesPlenty

Company Rep

Time for some chewing! I hope it works well for you, shame about the knock-off Space Case, mine is what I would call a medium grind (compared to my S&B plastic orange one, it turns buds to near dust)

LesPlenty,

passenger

is this thing on?
Full nugget chunks do to, so saying a grinder is good for a Dynavap is a bit moot :tup:. Do you have any vapes that require a finer grind?
Yeh, you're right, nugs work as well. :) But I like the grind size of the SCS more in it. Nicer vapor body? Just personal preference.
My Vapman does like finer grind I'd say. But it works with coarse grind well too...

passenger,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I picked up a Kannastor GR8TR V2, solid body, matte black (ebay for the price). I can't think of anything not to like about this grinder so far.

I like my herb finely ground, lately however, I have been wanting something that takes a little less work than what I have been using. Which got me to take a closer look at the GR8TR.V2.

I have been using a 2 piece grinder that produces a most beautiful fine grind but is also more work than any other grinder I have which has become tiring over time to be completely honest. Once you have had an excellent fine grind though it is hard to accept anything lesser imo.

The GR8TR.V2 has a superior consistent fine grind from most grinders out there and it operates with ease and less work than other fine grinders.

I am going to use the GR8TR.V2 one month with no other grinders in the mix and see after 30 days, but so far I love this thing.

sk2s-gk7-blk-full_1.jpg

One sweet grinder indeed. :myday:
Make sure you grab a small brush to push the little bits through the grating plate.

Alexis

I got my Gr8tr v2 yesterday but waa too tired to form any impression of it last night. I was very excited about the ease of use, as just like @steama I also find the other top notch grinder hard work.

Today in good light I saw how good the Gr8tr is. I can now use small amounts of bud and get tbh, the finest grind I have had from any grinder practically. Its effortless enough too. I do have some little brown vape brushes from Vapefiend, quite wide. They are perfect for brushing over the plate to empty and push through.

SO much easier and more fun than brushing out a much larger grinder. I will still use the other grinder for larger amounts which it suits to be fair- great for edibles.

The best biit- I noticed better more pronounced flavour from my herb. Vapor production and potency was higher I swear. It was a beutiful fluffy grind, like it had been through a coffee mill.

Very cained, but very happy with the Gr8tr.:)

Alexis

I noticed a flavor boost too. :nod:
I did for sure, and better effects too from maybe less herb. What I also noticed is how flavour didnt decline with clouds as much. It makes sense when I think about it that due to the superior grind the actives are extracted together with the terpenes more so.
It feels that way to all of my senses and reason anyway and this would actually change the effect making it more patient in a subtle fashion, via the magical synergy.

Just stoned hypithetical ponderings so please, as always, Salt n' Pepper with that.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Ya know...this may be stupid, but it just came to my stoned mind.

The way my GR8TR works is it chops first with the teeth, and then the herb goes through the round holes...but it's more pressed through the holes than actually "falling" through the holes. Maybe that little bit of compacting pressure makes more of the keif (trichomes) stick to the flower, rather than falling aside? Does that make any sense at all?

Alexis

Ya know...this may be stupid, but it just came to my stoned mind.

The way my GR8TR works is it chops first with the teeth, and then the herb goes through the round holes...but it's more pressed through the holes than actually "falling" through the holes. Maybe that little bit of compacting pressure makes more of the keif (trichomes) stick to the flower, rather than falling aside? Does that make any sense at all?
I think this will be another factor involved here. That was maybe the worst bit about using my bigger grinder- the huge amount of kief that would literally coat the whole surface inetrior. And its a big interior too.

Resulting in me laboriously brushing it out every time making a right old mess in the process. I hate putting money in the machine and getting short-changed! But so messy and concentration demanding to keep it from going everywhere. Its like herding up goats!

Not only is this just not an issue now with my (smaller) grinder lol! (Gr8tr) But yes definitely, as you say Ramahs, there is no real amount of kief attaching to any surface inside the grinder. Like 97% at least comes out the grinder each time, and maybe in a less damaged condition too as @steama and yourself propose.

Well I got so high last yesterday. The flavour improvement was incredible. Just having this grinder has already really improved my enjoyment of and excitement for using cannabis. I just wish I had not vaped SO MUCH of my cherished harvest WITHOUT the Gr8tr!!

Like a father and son apart until the later years. It is wonderful to FINALLY be together but alll those lost years...:lol:

Top Bottom